Kobe Bryant Covers L’officiel Hommes Paris!
L’Officiel Hommes Paris enlists Kobe Bryant to cover its February 2018 issue. The basketball legend links up with photographer Satoshi Saikusa for the feature. Collaborating with Saikusa, stylist James Sleaford curates a wardrobe of smart-casual fashions.
Posing for photos, Bryant wears brands like AMI and Lanvin. Bryant also talks to the magazine about working with Nike. In a translated quote, he shares, It’s like family. We’ve worked together since 2003.
What is extraordinary, is the freedom they give me to develop imaginative projects and execute them.
#RHoA Cynthia Bailey’s Man Will Jones Denies Having a Girlfriend While Dating Her. He says ‘I Was Ambushed’…Do you Believe him?
After new Atlanta housewife Eva Marcille accused Bailey’s man of previously introducing her a different girlfriend on the Sunday, January 28, episode of RHOA, Jones spoke exclusively to Us Weekly about her claims.
“I was very surprised by that, that completely threw me off because when I first met [Eva], I only met her for like 10 minutes and the rest of the time was with her now-fiancé talking about the things I wanted to do for the kids in Chicago because he used to be a prosecutor in Chicago,” Jones told Us on January 31 about meeting Marcille three months prior to seeing at her Kandi Burruss’ party.
“So when she actually came out and said I had a girlfriend, it just threw me off because I’m like ‘You know I didn’t have a girlfriend. Why are you saying this?’ And that picture that she’s saying ‘Oh this picture is here and this picture is proof in the pudding’ is just a picture of me supporting you and your guy, but it doesn’t say that’s my girlfriend, nor did I actually say that’s my girlfriend,” he continued. “And any woman that I’m with, I’m going to validate them because that’s what a gentleman does. I’m going to introduce them to somebody as ‘Hey this is my lady, this is my woman friend’ because that’s what a gentlemen does. So I don’t know maybe it just got taken out of context, I don’t know, what can I say.”
Jones added, “I was ambushed. I was absolutely ambushed … [The housewives] don’t know me to ask an opinion, so I found that kind of odd, but I guess that’s the nature of this show … I’m not worried about what they think of me, I’m worried about what Cynthia thinks about me.”
Bailey started dating Jones after she finalized her divorce from her husband of six years, Peter Thomas. The former couple separated in May 2016 after nine years together. The reality TV personality met Jones at her 50th birthday party, and shortly after, the pair started seeing each other non-exclusively.
“Cynthia and I have been transparent since day one with each other,” Jones explained. “She didn’t want to be exclusive when we first met. We both said in the show, we were dating other people. We were not exclusive, and then as we spent more time together I told her that I wanted to focus on her and I’m not dating anybody else but her. But a lot of times I guess with the show, and the show does have a lot of twists, those comments are overshadowed.”
Jones, who called the conflict with Marcille “manufactured drama,” emphasized that his intentions with Bailey are pure: “My intentions were really to authentically date and get to know Cynthia. That was it. That was my goal. Not doing it for entertainment, not doing it for anything else. But if I’m an opportunist, then I took that opportunity basically to get to know her. I’m single, so who wouldn’t want to take that opportunity? So that’s pretty much it really.”
As for his future with Bailey, Jones told Us, “I keep up with Cynthia. We’re good friends … I think Cynthia and I just have a lot of stuff to discuss between us.”
Real Housewives of Atlanta airs on Bravo Sundays at 9 p.m. ET.
#EMPIRE: Music Flashback Trai Byers ‘Superstar”
Even though he plays the musically illiterate Andre, the lone Lyon son who chose business school over musical instruments, Empire star Trai Byers can sing. While at Yale Drama School, Byers described his many acting skills, one of which was singing, which should have given us the hint that the Empire star knew what he was doing behind the microphone. And just a few weeks ago, Byers posted a picture on Instagram with him onstage with the caption "Bet y'all thought I couldn't sing!" And he can.
Lets go down Memory Lane and listen to his #EMPIRE single ‘Superstar” HERE
#MUSICNEWS: Bruno Mars Announces “24K Magic World Tour” Final Dates; Cardi B to Support
Bruno Mars will be hitting the road again for a final run of his hugely successful 24K Magic World Tour, which has already surpassed $200 million in earnings worldwide. The 11-time GRAMMY Award winner announced North American finale cities he will be making stops in including Boston, Brooklyn, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Los Angeles, Nashville, Newark, Philadelphia, St. Paul, Toronto, and Tulsa.
Breakout rapper Cardi, who teamed with Mars on the remix of his hit, “Finesse,” will support. The venues and dates for the final leg of the trek will be revealed soon.
“What if I told you I wanna do one more U.S tour so we could celebrate 24k Magic together one last time?” Mars teased when announcing the tour. “Annndddd…what if I told u imma bring my lil sis @iamcardib on tour so we can really turn your city upside down! Make this finale a party!!” he added.
Cardi B posted a series of thinking emojis, and also added, “MhhhhhhmmmThat sounds like a great idea @brunomars.”
The announcement comes on the heels of Mars’ sweep at last weekend’s GRAMMY Awards, making him the first male artist in 25 years to win album, record, and song of the year. He’s also the only male artist this decade to have won across both pop and R&B genres and the “Big Three” categories. Mars is one of only five R&B artists to win the GRAMMY for album of the year, preceded by Stevie Wonder, Quincy Jones, Natalie Cole and Ray Charles.
Following Bruno Mars’ GRAMMY sweep on Sunday night, R&B legend, Babyface told Billboard, “I’m trying to make good-feeling music again and not be afraid of who I am and who I’ve been. Fortunately, Bruno (Mars) made it easy for us to be ourselves again.” He continued, “I’m very proud of him and his accomplishments,” says Babyface. “I had the opportunity to go into the studio and work with and write with him, and I had so much respect for his work ethic ’cause it was very close to how I did it, and how I do it. I think he’s genius in his approach and one of the best entertainers we’ve had in a very, very long time. I consider Bruno in the same category with Prince and with Michael Jackson; He’s one of those guys who can actually stand with those artists, and there aren’t a lot of artists I can actually say that about and say it with confidence and feel like he would deserve to be on that same stage as them.”
Mars and Babyface worked together on “Too Good To Say Goodbye,” the final track on his ’24K Magic’ album.
#OOOPS #HIPHOPNEWS: Fans Not Feeling Dave East After His Rude Tweet
Dave East found himself the target of Twitter’s wrath on Sunday (February 4) after firing off a rude response to one of his fans. East was scheduled to perform on Saturday night (February 3) in Seattle, Washington where one fan in particular was feeling anxious after hours of waiting for him to hit the stage.
“Show started at 7,” the fan wrote. “@DaveEast still ain’t out!!! #1010.”
East’s response? “So LEAVE,” he tweeted back.
Almost immediately, people started coming for East, pointing out he wasn’t “good enough” to be acting so dismissive of his fans.
The Harlem MC has been on a steady rise to notoriety since dropping 2014’s Black Rose. His most recent project, Paranoia 2, was delivered late last month.
The Def Jam Recordings signee, who was recently appointed the Global Ambassador for Luc Belaire, was just featured on DJ Premier and Royce Da 5’9’s “Era” from the duo’s highly anticipated album, PRhyme 2.
But according to some of his fans, he needs to check himself before his ego gets the best of him.
Note to Dave. Don’t ruin your paycheck!
Travis Scott & Kylie Jenner Welcome Their First Child
Travis Scott has a new member of the family. The hitmaking artist’s girlfriend Kylie Jenner announced she gave birth to their first child, a baby girl, on Friday (February 1).
“I’m sorry for keeping you in the dark through all the assumptions,” Jenner wrote in a statement posted on her various social media platforms. “I understand you’re used to me bringing you along on all my journeys. My pregnancy was one I chose not to do in front of the world. I knew for myself I needed to prepare for this role of a lifetime in the most positive, stress free, and healthy way I knew how. There was no gotcha moment, no big paid reveal I had planned. I knew my baby would feel every stress and every emotion so I chose to do it this way for my little life and our happiness.
“Pregnancy has been the most beautiful, empowering, and life changing experience I’ve had in my entire life and I’m actually going to miss it. I appreciate my friends and especially my family for helping me make this special moment as private as we could. My beautiful and healthy baby girl arrived February 1st and I just couldn’t wait to share this blessing. I’ve never felt love and happiness like this I could burst! Thank you for understanding.”
Jenner also uploaded a video titled “To Our Daughter” on YouTube showing clips of her pregnancy. Scott is seen throughout the video along with friends and family.
The public announcement confirmed months of rumors circulating about a Jenner pregnancy. Speculation ramped up after last Christmas when the social media personality stopped updating her Instagram account.
#TEASIPPING: ‘America’s Got Talent’ Producers Might Kick Mel B To The Curb For Queen Latifah.
According to TMZ reports, AGT’ production sources tell TMZ … Mel’s been butting heads with people on set and producers think she comes with too much “baggage” for the amount of money the Spice Girl’s getting paid. We’re told the situation worsened while Mel was enmeshed in her intense divorce from Stephen Belafonte.
You’ll recall … she’s feuded on camera with Simon Cowell … tossing a drink at him, but we’re told there’s been even more tension behind the scenes.
We’re told producers wanna replace Mel with Queen Latifah by next season. One potential hurdle is the fact QL’s under contract with the FOX series, “Star.“
Amtrak train crash in South Carolina leaves 2 dead, 116 injured
CAYCE, S.C. -- At least two people were killed and 116 others injured when a train traveling from New York to Miami struck a freight train Sunday morning, authorities said. The crash left thousands of gallons of oil spilled at the scene near Columbia, South Carolina.
The collision occurred in Cayce around 2:45 a.m. Sunday, Lexington County spokesperson Harrison Cahill said. He said the injuries ranged from scratches to broken bones.
The two victims were later identified as Amtrak personnel. Lexington County Coroner Margaret Fisher said 54-year-old engineer Michael Kempf and 32-year-old conductor Michael Sella were killed in the collision.
There were approximately 148 people aboard the Amtrak Train 91, including 139 passengers and eight crew members.
South Carolina Gov. Henry McMaster said the CSX freight train was on a loading side track "where it was supposed to be" before the collision and the Amtrak train was "on the wrong side." He did not elaborate.
Authorities said the freight train spilled 5,000 gallons of fuel, but hazmat teams were dispatched to the scene and determined the leak was not a danger to the public.
Amtrak said the lead engine and a few passenger cars derailed on Train 91. The crash happened near a stretch of tracks by a rail yard about 10 miles south of Columbia, where several track spurs split off for freight cars to be unloaded.
Passenger Derek Pettaway told CBS News that he was sleeping when the train began "shaking violently" before coming to a sudden halt. "You knew we'd hit something or we'd derailed," Pettaway said over the phone. "The Amtrak crew was really great. They responded quickly and got everyone off the train."
Elliot Smith told Columbia newspaper The State he was at a friend's house when they heard what sounded like a propane tank exploding. Smith and his friend walked to the crash site and saw passengers of all ages beginning to exit the train.
"The sound was so loud, you instantly knew it was bad," Smith said.
"More people were shocked than shaken from the crash," Pettaway said from the local Red Cross shelter where other train passengers were being transported.
The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) said it was traveling to the scene to investigate the crash.
President Trump has been briefed on the crash and is receiving regular updates, Deputy Press Secretary Lindsay Walters said Sunday morning. Mr. Trump, who is currently at his golf club in West Palm Beach, Florida, tweeted his condolences to the victims.
"My thoughts and prayers are with all of the victims involved in this mornings train collision in South Carolina," he tweeted. "Thank you to our incredible First Responders for the work they've done!"
Investigators will be looking into what was going on inside the engineering cab, if the signals on the tracks were working, how the two trains ended up on the same track and why operators didn't know the other train was there, CBS News transportation correspondent Kris Van Cleave reports.
The crash comes several days after an Amtrak train carrying Republican members of Congress hit a garbage truck in Virginia. One of the truck's passengers was killed in the collision.
Back On: Will Smith and Martin Lawrence ‘Bad Boys III’ Starting Production, Reportedly
Sony Pictures is in early negotiations with Belgium-raised Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah to bring the third film titled Bad Boys For Life to life.
It wasn’t looking good for Bad Boys III after one of the film’s stars Martin Lawrence said to Entertainment Weekly: “I don’t think we’re going to get one, not the way everything’s turning out, Will is off doing another movie, and I don’t think it’s going to happen.” Looks like things may have changed and reportedly the highly anticipated sequel is starting production.
According to a Deadline report, Sony Pictures is in early negotiations with Belgium-raised Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah to bring the third film titled Bad Boys For Life to life. If the reports are true production for the film could begin as soon as soon as August. Famed director Jerry Bruckheimer will serve as director of the third installment.
Marcus Burnett (Martin Lawrence) and Mike Lowery (Will Smith) first burst onto movie screens together in the original film Bad Boys in 1995 and helped both actors careers lift off tremendously. The sequel arrived in 2003 and left fans desperately wanting the third installment in the franchise. This news follows the announcement of Gabrielle Union starring in tv spinoff based on the film franchise and Martin Lawrence possibly bringing back his hit TV sitcom Martin.
Does this news renew excitement? Or do you feel it’s too late for this film?
Da Brat To Star In New Theatrical Version Of ‘Set It Off’
Grammy winning Hip Hop star Da Brat is starring in a theatrical adaptation of the 90s classic film, “Set It Off.” The show will have its Atlanta premiere March 9-11 at the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre followed up by performances in DC, LA, Chicago, Houston and Dallas.
According to the press release, Brat will be portraying the role of Cleopatra “Cleo” Sims, which was originally played by Oscar nominated actress Queen Latifah.
“Set If Off” was released in theatres nationwide on November 6, 1996 and was originally created by Takashi Bufford. It boasted one of the most superb casts ever assembled in a movie including Latifah, Vivica A. Fox, Jada Pinkett Smith and Kimberly Elise. It also featured an equally powerful, platinum selling, chart-topping, cut straight to heart musical soundtrack with songs from En Vogue, Brandy, Tamia, Bone Thugs-n-Harmony, Busta Rhymes, Goodie Mob along with legendary music icons like Gladys Knight and Chaka Khan.
“Without a doubt, this will be one of the greatest stage plays ever seen in the urban theatre market,” stated Johnson. “From the type of action and to the movement on stage, it will be nothing short of jaw dropping. This will be the first piece of my career that will stretch me to the limits of what can be done and seen by our urban audience. I will be recreating the same intensity, same passion and same shock and awe, breathtaking moments that made this movie resonate with millions of people.”
The stage adaptation of “Set It Off” is written, directed and produced by Je’Caryous Johnson. To date, Johnson has toured over 20 stage play productions to sold out crowds and written over 36 plays.
Televangelist Pat Robertson recovering from stroke
Televangelist Pat Robertson is recovering after suffering from an embolic stroke late last week.
According to a news release from the Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN), which Robertson founded, a family member recognized the onset of the symptoms and rushed Robertson to the nearest stroke center on Friday.
Within minutes of receiving blood-clot medication, Robertson regained awareness and movement in all his limbs, the release says.
"Dr. Robertson is alert, awake and expected to make a full recovery. He should be discharged from the hospital on Monday at the latest," according to the release.
"Dr. Robertson and his family are grateful to the doctors and emergency personnel for their extraordinary care and rapid response," it added.
Robertson hosts CBN's flagship show “The 700 Club.”
Actor Terry Crews’ case could be thrown out of court if agent has his way
Terry Crews’ former agency William Morris Endeavor and an agent, Adam Venit, who “‘Venit, upon his first meeting Crews, viciously grabbed Crews’ penis and testicles so hard that it caused Crews immediate pain in a blatant and unprovoked sexual assault,” are asking a judge to dismiss a complaint. In December 2017, sued both Venit and WME over the 2016 incident.
Crews’ initial complaint reads in part:
“Crews smacked Venit’s hand away and shoved him back more forcefully than before, screaming “Hey! What are you doing?!” two or three times, but Venit ignored everything Crews was saying and continued to try to grab Crews’ genitals.
“Crews kept Venit at arm’s length and turned to Sandler to get his attention, yelling, ‘Adam, come get your boy! He’s grabbing my nuts!;”
Crews admitted Venit called the next day and said “he was just not himself that night.”
The grounds for dismissal? WME writes in a response that Crews accepted Venit’s apology one day after the incident and waited 18 months to reveal his assault publicly. He claims WME disregarded February 2016 encounter and alleged conduct of defendant Adam Venit.
In his response to the complaint, Venit, the former head of the motion picture department, claims Crews “had not suffered any injury or danger’ and ‘none of the acts alleged were based on sex and/or the conduct was not sexual.” Venit’s clients include Adam Sandler, Sylvester Stallone and Eddie Murphy.
Venit doesn’t acknowledge committing the act, he generally denied “each and every allegation contained in [Crews’] complaint.” He was immediately suspended without pay when Crews went public and was demoted.
EGGPLANT NATION:Meet MR THICK
Meet MR THICK. You can see more when GO HERE TO SEE THE PICS! And remember they’re NSFW!
DISCLAIMER: WE DO NOT OWN any images posted on this blog. All images are found online or submitted.
AND FINALLY FROM THE CRAZY PEOPLE SHOPPING AT WALMART FILES
Women carry everything in their purse. Money, chapstick, cellphone, tiny dogs, whatever you need.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK AHEAD