2/22/18

#WOMP: Quincy Jones Sorry For Inflammatory Comments about Michael Jackson and Others In Recent Interviews!


Quincy Jones Sorry For Inflammatory Comments about Michael Jackson and Others In Recent Interviews!
Quincy Jones made some bold claims in a recent Vulture interview that ran earlier this month. The tenured producer proclaimed Michael Jackson’s vitiligo was “bullshit,” declared The Beatles were the worst musicians in the world and called Harvey Weinstein a “jive mother fucker.”

Last month, Jones also told GQ The King of Pop was a thief, Ray Charles and Frank Sinatra were drunks, and said he’d never date a woman older than 42 — things he’s evidently sorry about now.

The nearly 85-year-old music legend has issued an apology for some of those statements. On Thursday (February 22), he took to Twitter to post a lengthy explanation for his wild comments, which came after his six daughters implemented a “family intervention.”

“I’m sorry to anyone whom my words offended & I’m especially sorry to my friends who are still here with me & to those who aren’t,” he wrote in part. “Thank you for calling me out when I’ve clearly made a mistake.”
Jones says he’s learned his lesson and explained that sobriety has led to “wordvomit.”

“When you’ve been fortunate enough to have lived such a long & crazy life (& you’ve recently stopped drinking – three years ago!), certain details about specific events (which do NOT paint the full picture of my intentions nor experiences) come flooding back all at once, & even at 85, it’s apparent that “wordvomit” & bad-mouthing has contradicted my very real messages I tried to relay.”

We still Love Ya Q'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers