2/12/18

The Daily Buzz For Feb 13 ☕πŸ“°☕


Gabrielle Union looks beautiful on the March 2018 Cover of Redbook Magazine
Gabrielle Union is the March 2018 cover star of Redbook magazine. On the cover, she is rocking a MILLY SPRING 2018 pink one-shoulder ruffle jumpsuit. In the issue, she talks her style, her book, shutting down negativity and more. Continue below to read some excepts from her interview. For more on Gabrielle's feature, visit Redbookmag.com and pick up a copy on newsstand on February 13th.

On her style:
Over the years, I’d been approached with ideas for things like my own clothing line, and I’d have those momen­tary feelings of I got picked! Yay! And then it was, Oh God, they’re going to figure out that I have no value. Part of that is I didn’t have my own style. I was always looking to others for outside validation, so I would’ve basically been like,‘Well, who’s popular right now? Let’s try to look like that person.’ If you don’t have your own style, how are you going to design a line?

On righting old wrongs:
Part of my homework for becoming my best self is owning up to my b.s. I have to acknowledge how I’ve hurt people and make amends. I started with those closest to me, but there’s a line of people to get to. I was at a Janet Jackson concert and ran into an execu­tive I used to work with and just had to say, ‘I’m so sorry.’ I included in the apology specifics, so they knew I under­stood why I was wrong.... Then I lis­tened about the thing that I did, which I didn’t even realize I was doing. I’m not saying this is easy, but it’s led to my being incorporated back into some peo­ple’s lives. Not everyone will make up with you, but that has to be OK.
On shutting down negativity:
When someone starts gossiping, I’ll be like, ‘I can’t.’ It stops people cold. They’ll ask, ‘What? What can’t you do?’ Then I’m like, ‘Listen to this. Yeah, I can’t. It’s sooo negative. Can we go back to your kid shitting? Because that was funny.’ You have to do it with a wink and a nod, but it shuts people down. I used to just do it if the conversation was centered on a loved one—you’re not talking s­­hit about my friends or my family members in front of me. But now it’s in general, because when you let that into your space, whether or not you’re going to spread it or agree with it, your silence makes you complicit in negative energy, and that comes back.

On making your dreams tangible:
I make a vision board every year. Some of the pictures on my first one were of a haircare line, Kenya, and a Clearblue pregnancy test. As goals manifest, I’ve been able to look at my boards and say,‘Damn, I put in a lot of work and deserve it.’ That’s helped me to stop feeling suspicious of joy. To not sabotage some­thing before I’ve had a chance to do it because I assume I’ll be rejected. The only things that have not come to pass are a cosmetics line, Machu Picchu, and a baby. I’ve had the positive stick, but also a number of miscarriages, so maybe I just have to go more specific and show a woman with a human being traveling through her orifices. I’ll put those things back on this year’s board and see what happens. 

On her book:
The book reflects what my conversations with friends and my therapy ses­sions sound like. I might go from the worst thing that has ever happened to me to talking about irritable bowel syndrome—that’s the way my mind works, that’s the way my life is. I thought it would be disin­genuous if I didn’t lay the book out that way.

Get More at Redbook!


#RHoA: Porsha Williams Accidentally SPILLS TEA about a Moment she had with With NeNe Leakes on 'RHOA'
Porsha and NeNe have been at odds all season, and the former just filled fans in on a little secret.
Porsha Williams just might have spilled a little too much tea on "Watch What Happens Live" Sunday night.
When a caller asked the "Real Housewives of Atlanta" star if she thought NeNe Leakes was a "good addition" to the season, Porsha almost let it slip that there may be some reconciliation between the two before the Season 10 finale.

"First of all, she's not an addition," Porsha said. "She started the show, so whether I have beef with her or not, I'm always gonna respect that fact."

"I didn't get a chance to enjoy her like I wanted to. I was hoping we would just have our little argument and then I could enjoy her because that's the thing you wanna do when you're around her. Even when we were arguing, I would be sitting there, and she would be laughing with somebody, and I'd be like, 'Ha! Ha! Ha! Oh, wait, she's not my friend.' I wanna laugh with her, so I'm so glad -- well, oh, I can't tell you that part," Porsha said while looking at host Andy Cohen, who agreed she should not go any further with her thought.

A caller then asked both Porsha and Amber Tamblyn, who was sitting next to Porsha, who they thought would take the most heat during the reunion.
"I feel like I heard a bit of gossip that you were not privy to here earlier, so I think I need to plead the fifth based on that," Amber replied. "Just because of what I may or may not have heard and know."

All eyes were on Porsha as she laughed nervously. "Is there like a big spotlight on me?" she said, agreeing with Andy that she's been on the receiving end of many a feuds this season.

"I did [take a lot of heat], but humbly," she said. "So it was OK. You know, when you're going through something unexpected, to get the heat, and you take it because it's like -- some of it I deserved."

Porsha added that she's not a fan of the deep divide that's plagued Season 10 of "RHOA." "I don't like it," she said. "I wanna have fun. You know what I want at the reunion? I really want us to just get it all out, you know? Just get it all out, even if there's a cry here and there, and at the end, I would just like for us all to hug and just move on to the next year. That's honestly what I want."

For the last two years, the ladies of "The Real Housewives of New York" have gone out to dinner following their reunion tapings, and Porsha said those moments have "inspired" her to go into her reunion with a positive attitude.

"The Real Housewives of Atlanta" airs Sundays at 8 p.m. on Bravo.


#EMPIRE: Serayah McNeill Is Latest Face of Macy’s and Madonna’s Material Girl Line
The 22-year-old "Empire" actress follows in Rita Ora, Georgia May Jagger and Zendaya's footsteps. She also has an album coming out in May.
“Empire” actress and singer Serayah McNeill is the spring 2018 face of Material Girl, the juniors brand at Macy’s first fronted by Madonna and her daughter Lourdes. Images of McNeill in looks fit for the gym, or a nightclub, are to go live on Macy’s social platforms on Tuesday.

Shot by Carter Smith at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel, McNeill, 22, is shown living out a life that’s similar to her own: meeting up with friends — and paparazzi flash bulbs — or having a street style moment.

“We love Serayah because she’s comfortable on Instagram and being an ‘It’ girl, but she’s also comfortable hanging out in her ath-leisure and being shown getting ready. We’re always looking for that double or triple threat who’s multifaceted and multitalented, and Serayah embodies that as a model, actress and musical recording artist,” said Jamie Cygielman, chief marketing officer of Iconix Brand Group, which produces Material Girl in a joint partnership with Madonna and Guy Oseary. (The company is called MG Icon.)
McNeill, who has 1.4 million Instagram followers, appeared in Taylor Swift’s “Bad Blood” video and sang alongside her on the Chicago stop of Swift’s tour. She plays Tiana Brown on the hit Fox show “Empire” and also has her first album dropping in May; her new single “You Told Me” comes out this month.

“I have a really exciting storyline on the show, which I think my fans will like,” McNeill said. “And I have two singles dropping between now and May.”
As for her first apparel campaign, she said, “A lot of what I wear for work are custom pieces and straight from designers. It’s cool that Material Girl is accessible to my fans and young girls that are purchasing clothes. The tube dress and denim jacket I’m wearing in the campaign are pieces I’d really wear.”
Previous faces of the campaign include Rita Ora, Georgia May Jagger and Zendaya. (Via WWD)


#NEWMUSIC from Toni Braxton ‘Long As I Live’
This is the Toni we LOVE! The icon has unleashed the album’s official second single, a lovelorn ballad titled “Long As I Live.”

Due out March 23 via Def Jam, Sex and Cigarettes is Braxton’s ninth studio album, following 2014’s Love, Marriage & Divorce with Babyface, and her last solo album, 2010’s Pulse.
“Long As I Live” is one of several tracks from the album that Toni co-wrote and co-produced. The album is also slated to feature a collaboration with Colbie Caillat called “My Heart.”

Listen HERE

I Love this song! What are your Thoughts?


#HIPHOPNEWS: Yasiin Bey And Talib Kweli Plan New Black Star Album Produced By Madlib
It's been 20 years since Black Star blessed hip-hop lovers with their first and only album, and now Yasiin Bey says that we can expect another one to come. During a Madlib concert in Denver, Co., the rapper formerly known as Mos Def announces that he and Talib Kweli are teaming up to deliver another Black Star project.
According to the audio clip from the concert, which was uploaded by a Reddit user, Bey says the next project from the rap duo is "coming soon," and will be produced by Madlib. We may be able to expect it to come this year, as he also shouts out the year 2018 during his announcement.

“New Black Star with Madlib, Talib Kweli, Yasiin, coming soon!” Bey exclaims to the audience in the clip. “All Madlib, all day. 2018, Madlib, Black Star. Madlib Black Star.”

We still have to wait for more details on the upcoming album, but we know that hip-hop heads far and wide will be building their anticipation.

The news of the forthcoming project from Black Star also comes after Bey announced his retirement from music in early 2016. He also performed a slew of his final shows in the United States last year, where he gave a send-off to fans, however, he later assured them that he wouldn't be disappearing from music.
If you recall, Yasiin Bey and Talib Kweli first dropped Mos Def & Talib Kweli Are Black Star back in 1998, which was met with tons of praise from the music community.

Check out the clip of Yasiin Bey's big announcement HERE


Andy Cohen offers his 2 cents about The Kim Cattrall & Sarah Jessica Parker Feud
Andy Cohen is weighing in on the feud between his friend Sarah Jessica Parker and her former Sex and the City co-star Kim Cattrall.
If you don’t know, months ago, Kim said that she was never friends with her co-stars and the relationships felt “toxic.” Then, earlier this month, Kim‘s brother suddenly passed away and Sarah Jessica wrote a comment on Kim‘s Instagram post, expressing her condolences and seemingly, mending a broken relationship.

Later, Kim thanked Sarah Jessica for her kind words, but then suddenly, Kim lashed out at SJP for “exploiting” her family’s tragedy.
Andy spoke about Kim and Sarah Jessica‘s situation on Andy Cohen Live, on his exclusive SiriusXM channel “Radio Andy.”
“I thought it was fake,” Andy said about waking up to the news that Kim ignited their feud again. “There was no way Kim Cattrall has posted this on her Instagram.”

“She expressed her condolences on the post … I would not call that exploiting a tragedy,” Andy continued. “What was [Sarah Jessica] supposed to do? Say something bad? I don’t understand.”
“I also don’t like it that people are characterizing this as a fat catfight. There’s only one person fighting here,” he added.

Well Kim Do you wish to clarify?


A Pre Empted Announcement! Khia Will not be on The Queen’s Court Tonight, Neither!
Last week rapper Khia walked out on TS Madison in the middle of their live podcast for The Queen’s Court after technical difficulties forced them to cancel a scheduled interview with comedian Mo’Nique

Well folks don’t look for Khia tonight on the Queen’s Court either…

All weekend long Khia has been throwing subs and telling fans she won’t be on the next Queen’s Court but she WILL be making live paid appearances with Maddie this month.
WOW…Me thinks TS Madison needs to clarity all of this!


Ladies and Gentlemen, Barack and Michelle Obama Official Portraits Are the Finest Art
Barack and Michelle Obama graced the stage for the first time in a long time to unveil their official portraits … and they are fantastic!

The Obamas were at the Smithsonian’s National Portrait Gallery Monday morning to debut the pieces of work, which will then hang in the museum along with the other Presidents and First Ladies.
President Obama chose Kehinde Wiley as his artist, who is now the first African-American artist to be commissioned for a Presidential portrait.  He is known for painting African-Americans in regal settings and utilizing lots of bright colors.

Michelle chose Amy Sherald — a Baltimore based artist who is known for themes of social injustice and paints black skin in gray tones.
Barack thanks Sherald for “capturing the grace and beauty and intelligence and charm and hotness of the woman I love,” and added that he couldn’t convince his artist to paint “smaller ears.” 

Watch the Ceremony BELOW!
Gotta Love The Obamas!


#INMEMORIAM: Vic Damone Dead - Legendary Crooner Passes Away at 89
Legendary crooner Vic Damone has sadly passed away, TMZ reports.

The 89-year-old singer, who was famously told he had the “best pipes in the business” by Frank Sinatra, passed away at Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami Beach, Florida surrounded by his family on Sunday (February 11).
He released hits including “I Have But One Heart,” “You Do,” “You’re Breaking My Heart,” “On the Street Where You Live,” “Say Something Sweet to Your Sweetheart,” and more.
Vic also had an NBC variety show called The Vic Damone Show and was once married to Diahann Carroll

Our thoughts are with Vic‘s loved ones during this time.


Justin Timberlake's 'Man Of The Woods' Debuts at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 Chart!
Justin Timberlake‘s on top of the charts yet again! The “Filthy” singer-songwriter and 2018 Super Bowl halftime show performer officially debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 as of Sunday (February 11) with his latest studio album, Man Of The Woods.
The album pushed 293,000 equivalent album units in its first week on sale, with 242,000 of those being traditional album sales, according to Billboard.

This is Justin‘s fourth No. 1 album. It’s also the biggest opening sales week since Taylor Swift‘s Reputation first dropped, and the biggest for a male artist since Kendrick Lamar‘s DAMN.

Congratulations, Justin!


According to Tiffany Haddish, Beyonce Politely Confronted A Woman For Touching Jay-Z’s Chest!
Beyonce plays NO games when it comes to her husband of 10 years, Jay-Z – this according to Tiffany Haddish. The Girls Trip break-out star says that she once witnessed Beyonce politely intervene at a Hollywood party, when an actress was getting a little too friendly with the Roc Nation founder. Haddish claims that a woman was conversing with Jigga when she put her hands on his chest. Haddish says that at that point, the mega singer approached the pair interjecting herself in the conversation.

You can watch that HERE

If true I ain’t mad at you Bey. Get that checked!


Here is the 2018 Winter Olympics Medal Tracker!
Here's the gold, silver, and bronze count for every country competing in Pyeongchang

Will Chloe Kim and Kelly Clark add to Team USA's medal haul on Monday night in the women's halfpipe? That's a pretty safe bet, considering Kim is the favorite in the  event and Clark has three Olympic medals -- one of the gold -- from three different Olympics. One thing is for sure: The United States rules the world in snowboard slopestyle. Jamie Anderson punctuated that point on Sunday night -- Monday in South Korea -- when she stomped her first run in a shortened women's slopestyle final where winds had their way with the women's field on a bitterly cold day. 

 The United States also picked up a bronze in the team figure skating competition, powered by sensational performances from Adam Rippon and Mirai Nagasu. That followed a shocker in men's luge earlier Sunday -- or late Monday night in South Korea -- when Chris Mazdzer held on for the silver Sunday night. It was the first men's singles luge medal in U.S. history.

Below is the 2018 Winter Olympics Medal Tracker, which will follow every country to win a medal. Norway holds the record for the most gold medals with 118 all-time. The United States is second with 96. 
The record for most golds won in a single games was 14 by Canada in the 2010 Winter Olympics.


AND FINALLY FROM “THE CRAZY PEOPLE SHOPPING AT WALMART” FILES
‘360 DEGREES’
Quick check in on my favorite sex doll…a sentence I can now surprisingly say out loud without fear of my wife smacking me.


EGGPLANT NATION: Meet Jad
Meet Jad! So you know what to do to see more. Just CLICK HERE TO SEE THE PICS and remember they’re NSFW!

DISCLAIMER: WE DO NOT OWN NOR ALTER any images posted on this blog. All images are found online or submitted.

You’re Welcome!

HAVE A GREAT DAY ALL!!!
EFREM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers