5/26/14

The Daily Buzz For May 26



Naomi Campbell's HAIR-RAISING Harper's Bazaar Vietnam June 2014 Cover
Naomi Campbell celebrated her 44th brithday this week and landed on the cover of the June 2014 issue of Harper's Bazaar Vietnam. 
For the June 2014 issue of Harper’s Bazaar Vietnam, supermodel Naomi Campbell stars in a pictorial named "Le Look Du Jour."  In addition to landing the cover, Naomi celebrated her 44th birthday yesterday.  Marie Claire UK did a wonderful tribute to Na Na by publishing some of her most memorable quotes.  Here are our faves:

1. 'Am I bossy? Absolutely. I don't like to lose, and if I'm told 'no,' then I find another way to get my 'yes.' But I'm a loyal person.'

2. 'It's a new challenge to see how people can change your look. I like words like transformation, reinvention, and chameleon. Because one word I don't like is predictable.'

3. 'Check your lipstick before you come and talk to me.'

4. 'I work very hard and I'm worth every cent.'

5. 'If I was so difficult, why would I be working with the same people I have worked with since I was 16?'

6. 'I never diet. I smoke. I drink now and then. I never work out.'

7. 'There is only going to be one Kate Moss. Kate is an icon.'

8. 'Feeling passionate about something doesn't mean you have to be angry.'

9. 'I feel very responsible for young models of colour. They come to me and tell me they're not getting jobs, and I do what I can to speak up for them.'

10. 'After Versace was murdered, the first person to call me was Mandela.'

11. 'I would ask my mother to show me how to walk - and she did show me. That's why I think it's funny when people say, "Did so-and-so teach you how to walk?" And I always say, 'You must be talking about my mother, because it was my mother who taught me how to walk.'

12. 'I've cracked a lot of my boyfriends' emotions but it was good for them.'

13. 'I don't think I was born beautiful. I just think I was born me.'

14. 'I like to control everything, and you cannot control everything. You have to at some point say, "I let go and I'm going to let the cards fall where they fall..." For a control freak, it's hard.'

15. 'I don't like 'yes' people. I don't want 'yes' people around me; I think they're extremely dangerous. I like people who are honest with me and tell me the truth. I can take it.'

16. 'Think diva. Think strong. Think dramatic. Words of wisdom for this challenge and for life in general, don’t you think?'

Forty four never looked so good.....


Kim Kardashian & Kanye West's Wedding: Check Out Photos From Inside Here!
They finally tied the knot during a stunning ceremony in Florence, Italy over the weekend and now (thanks to a few social media snaps) we get a look inside Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's beautiful affair.
On Saturday (May 24), the uber-famous couple said "I do" during a wedding outdoor ceremony fit for a king and queen. The lovely bride rocked a stunning Givenchy dress created by Kim's close friend/designer Riccardo Tisci.
According to reports, Givenchy also designed Kanye's custom white tuxedo and their daughter North West's haute couture dress, that matched momma Kim's gown.
The pair rode up to the ceremony in a horse and carriage and celebrated with celebrity guests including John Legend and Chrissy Teigen.



JUST STUPID: August Alsina Posts Picture Of Himself Hanging From Ceiling…
lsina is trippin! He took to social media in a ploy to push his next project but, the gesture failed… Twitter and IG was fuming over the disrespectful pic.
The young singer/rapper had taken to his Instagram account and posted the pic for an upcoming project.
Under the pic August Alsina had written the words:

“Rest in Peace Aug. Forever missed #holdyoudownforlife.”
Idiot!



Trina & Towanda Braxton, Rasheeda And Toya Wright At The "I Pledge To Hustle" T-Shirt Fashion Show
Freddy-O's presents "I Pledge To Hustle" T-shirt fashion show in Atlanta

Trina & Towanda Braxton were among the Atlanta residents who came out to support Freddy-O's "I Pledge To Hustle" T-shirt fashion show.
In a statement on his website, Freddy-O's said "I Pledge to Hustle is a movement to unite fellow entrepreneurs and business men and women alike to pledge to their "hustle". This Pledge is for Healthier Living, Understanding things better, Surviving through the bad, Taking time, Loving who you are, & Educating yourself."
It looks like Trina and Gabe NEVER actually split up.
Iit looks like Bambi and Lil' Scrappy are still friends.  She attended the event with him and his daughter Emani. We were sorry to learn about her miscarriage.
Toya Wright and her daughter Reginae Carter were there.  They posed with Trina Braxton and Reginae reminded us that she wrote a book!
"LAHH ATL" star Rasheeda posed with her good friend Toya.
LaLa Anthony's cousin Dice posed with a friend.
Shout out to all the entrepreneurs and people on their H.U.S.T.L.E.



Kordell Stewart Cut From Atlanta Sports Radio
Former Real Housewives of Atlanta husband Kordell Stewart is out of a job after getting cut from 92.9/The Game in Atlanta…According to The AJC
Kordell Stewart, the former Pittsburgh Steeler and ex-husband of “Real Housewives of Atlanta” member Porsha Williams, is leaving 92.9/The Game after 19 months at the station.
He said goodbye on today’s show and took calls from fans.
Terry Foxx, the program director, declined to comment about where Stewart is going. He said there will be new staffing announcements on Tuesday



Nicki Minaj wears extremely tight shapewear dress at party in Vegas
She is known for her outlandish style.
But Nicki Minaj took things in the opposite direction on Saturday, by dressing in a particularly tight dress made entirely of nude shapewearfabric.
The 31-year-old singer is sure to have made an impression on Las Vegas partygoers as she showed up to the LIQUID Memorial Day bash.
Scroll down for video
We see you! Nicki Minaj wore a nude stretchy dress that looked like Spanx as she showed up to the LIQUID Memorial Day party in Las Vegas on Saturday
We see you! Nicki Minaj wore a nude stretchy dress that looked like Spanx as she showed up to the LIQUID Memorial Day party in Las Vegas on Saturday
The Marvin's Revenge songstress dressed her stunning curves in the skin coloured fabric, with a lace cut-out running all the way up the side.
The bustier of the tight garment was minimal, allowing her ample cleavage to just about overflow as she posed on the red carpet.
Nicky wore baby pink lipstick, black and silver platform heels and an array of gold jewelery, creating a relatively simple look compared to her usual garish style.




ICONIC: Michael Jackson Named First Solo Artist To Land Top 10 Hits In 5 Back To Back Decades…
Even in death, Michael Jackson continues to make ‘HIStory.’ His Justin Timberlake-assisted new single ‘Love Never Felt So Good‘ climbed into the top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100 this week. As a result, he becomes the only artist in history to score a top 10 Hot 100 single in the ’70s, ’80s, ’90s, ’00s, & ’10s.
That marks FIVE back to back decades! It all started with ‘Got To Be There‘ in 1971, right up until his last top 10 hit as a living artist with ‘You Rock My World‘ in 2001. In between those, he’s enjoyed a succession of top hits throughout each passing decade. Only an artist with epic legendary quality about them and astonishing longevity can achieve this.



‘Celebration of Gospel’ on its Way Back to BET
*Hallelujah! After reports came down that BET was canceling its popular “Celebration of Gospel” special, the network has changed its mind and now working to bring it back on the air.
Jawn Murray’s AlwaysAList reports the change of heart came amid a flood of calls to its main phone line and e-mails to its website, not to mention calls to high-ranking BET executives from many top Gospel artists.

An executive with the channel anonymously revealed that BET’s previous decision to cancel “COG” had nothing to do with ratings. It was strictly based on the show “not being profitable.” In addition to great ratings, “Celebration of Gospel” spent 14 consecutive years being the number one gospel/religious telecast on TV.
News of the annual special’s cancellation, which surfaced earlier this month, was confirmed when the “COG” was not mentioned among BET’s list of returning mega-specials at the network’s upfront presentation to advertisers in New York.
“It was simple, the sales team said they couldn’t sell the show because it was a gospel show and without those big sponsorships, the show cost money to produce but didn’t make money for the network,” the source explained to AlwaysAList. “But BET never imagined ending this show would cause the outcry that it received from the viewing public and have decided to see if they can make things work.”

Backlash against BET for cancelling “COG” proved to be too much to handle has the channel privately told several artists that its salute to Gospel was omitted from the upfront presentation because “it was moved to a new month.” Despite this, BET’s other award show special, “Black Girls Rock,” was highlighted for advertisers and the media at the upfronts despite being moved to a new month.
At this time, a specific date for “COG” has not been solidified. According to AlwaysAList, a new production schedule issued to BET employees late last week has the show slated to tape in September/October 2015.
“COG” is currently scheduled to tentatively tape in late fall next year, with the site predicting it would likely air around Thanksgiving!



Bow Wow Officially Cuffed Up WHICH Video Vixen? (Pics)
Word on these Instagram streets is Bow Wow’s no longer on the market. To find out which video vixen he cuffed, pop the top.
Reports IFWT:
Bow Wow and Ayisha Diaz have been boo loving and professing their love on the IG accounts with pics and cute captions. The 106 and Park host definitely is winning with this one! Diaz has been buzzing in the model game for a minute, featuring in August Alsina’s “Get Money” video with Fabulous, Wale and Nicki Minaj’s “Clappers” video, and a number of magazines. To check out pics of the couple’s pda, look below
Thoughts?



NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio Blasts NY Tabloids On ‘Inappropriate’ Coverage Of His Wife
*Sometimes being humble, especially if you’re in the public eye, can be vastly under appreciated. People in the public eye – especially politics – are generally overly cautious about revealing their personal lives; but some take a chance in spite of it all, and muster up the courage to do so because they want to inspire people by sharing a side of themselves that is perhaps unexpected. After all, they realize people most likely assume they have always been where they are now.
I suspect a lot of this “self-talk” was behind First Lady Chirlane McCray’s decision to be so forthcoming in an interview with New York Magazine. The First Lady opened up about her feelings as a 40-year-old mother, and working professional, by admitting that a mother was not all she wanted to be. She said at the time, she wanted more.
She even revealed, in an incredibly transparent essay, her bouts with depression, and how, even now, she has to force herself to “get out of bed even when I really, really don’t want to.”
Proving that transparency costs, and the price is often high,  The New York Post and The New York Daily News took her words and sensationalized them; painting her as a bad mom in the process.

And her husband, New York Mayor Bill de Blasio, has a problem with that.
In an interview with New York Magazine, McCray reveals, “I was 40 years old. I had a life. Especially with Chiara–will we feel guilt forever more? Of course, yes. But the truth is, I could not spend every day with her. I didn’t want to do that. I looked for all kinds of reasons not to do it. I love her…It took a long time for me to get into ‘I’m taking care of kids,’ and what that means.”
Mayor de Blasio took exception to the portrayal of his wife in the tabloids and called it “disturbing and inappropriate,” after The Post zeroed in on his daughter Chiara, who had previously admitted to being in treatment for alcohol and marijuana abuse: “The disclosure — bound to horrify most moms –shatters the carefully crafted image of de Blasio’s close-knit family, which helped vault him into office,” the paper said.
In his own post, the mayor stated, “A lot of hardworking women in this city are offended. I think both The Post and The Daily News owe Chirlane an apology. I think they owe all of us an apology,” de Blasio concluded.
NY Mayor His perspective was also supported by other city officials, including City Councilwoman, Laurie A. Cumbo, who said, “As a New York City Council Member and Chair of the Women’s Issues Committee I am outraged by the New York Post and the Daily News criticism of First Lady McCray’s role as a mother.” She goes on to call the criticism “completely unfounded” and blames the outlets for devaluing the harsh realities that mothers



Ashanti & Sister Shia Floss Their Bikini Bods In Aruba
Ashanti and those curves are back in a bikini.  After showing off in Vegas recently, she hit the beach in Aruba and gave her fans a peek at what's going down.
And Shia's showing off her fitness progress too:
She posted the pics saying how her beach is better.  Everyone's slogan this season it seems, thanks to Hov.



Malaysia Pargo Files for Divorce
Basketball Wives LA has one less wife. Malaysia Pargo files for divorce…
According to TMZ Malaysia Pargo, real name Laquisha Pargo, just filed for divorce from her husband, Charlotte Bobcats Jannero Pargo, citing irreconcilable differences.
According to the divorce papers Mayalsia claims the couple, married since 2006, separated December 27, 2012.
Mayalsia is seeking sole custody of their two children, spousal support and legal fees.
Back in January Malaysia and Jannero had a messy exchange out on Instagram where Jannero admitting cheating



AND FINALLY FROM “THE CRAZY PEOPLE SHOPPING AT WALMART” FILES
‘BIG BOOTY JUDY’
Putting the Vince Carter type of dunk in the badunkadunk there! But I’m skeptical, do you guys think that’s real or fake?



HAVE A GREAT MEMORIAL DAY!!!!!!!!
EFREM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers