1/12/17

The Daily Buzz For Jan 13


Chance The Rapper Covers 'GQ,' Talks Kanye West & Donald Trump Presidency.
Chance The Rapper is on a roll. After bagging several Grammy nominations including best new artist and best rap album for his beloved 2016 effort Coloring Book, the Chicago "man-child" (his word) now flashes his toothy grin and signature "3" hat on the February cover for GQ magazine.
The "No Problem" rapper discusses the origin story of his stage name and why he considers his cap-wearing a "rebellion" that stems from his high school days. Beyond admitting his hatred of vegetables and love for frozen yogurt, Chance also discusses the prospect of having more children, why he doesn't want to be like Kanye West personality-wise and the repercussions of a Donald Trump presidency.

Read the highlights below and the full feature here.

On wanting more kids:
Not right now. It’s a lot to try and be a good dad right now. With all the distractions and all the things that I’m limited in doing by living in Chicago and being a person of notoriety. I don’t wanna tack on anything. I want to get my relationship with Kinsley down pat and also just get older. I’m 23. I had her when I was 22. If I am gonna have more kids, it’ll be a blessing and I’ll accept it as a responsibility and a privilege, but I’m definitely not trying to have more kids right now.

On the most romantic thing he has done for a woman:
I’ve done some grandiose things.… Oh! I got it. I had a girlfriend in high school and I published a poem on Facebook about her, and I remember everybody flaming my ass for it forever. I hope that s--t is gone, actually. I gotta check.
On being like Kanye:
I don’t think I ever wanted to be like Kanye in personality, though. I think I definitely want to, have always wanted to, have his boldness or assurance in myself. But I’ve definitely seen Kanye do things where I was like, “I’d never do that.” I’ve always been able to defend Kanye. When everybody’s like, “Kanye’s a nut, Kanye’s a nut,” I’m one of those guys saying, “No, he’s saying some real s--t.” Like when he went onstage with Taylor, I was, like…well…Beyoncé kind of deserved that. [laughs] I’m rationalizing everything that he does, but I can’t say that in the same position I would do the same things. Being around Kanye, Kanye says crazier s--t in private than he does in public, which is hard to believe because he says the craziest things in public. He does have a filter. He’s not a liar or somebody that is going to sugarcoat things when he does speak. But Kanye’s said some crazy s--t to me where I respond, “No, I don’t feel you at all.” I always wanted to be more of a person that people enjoy. Somebody that will make you laugh. I’m talking about just my personality, not necessarily how my music sounds. Because I believe I’m a disrupter like Kanye in a lot of ways.

On the last time he was broke:
I go broke a lot ... I go broke a lot because I have this understanding that whatever I put out there, if I really am doing what’s right, it’s going to be rewarding, you know? If I’m working on it—if I’m diligently working on it—something will come back. And that’s how every project has been since I was in high school, since I was Instrumentality [Chance’s musical alter ego in high school] and I was giving out CDs for free. Everything has come back tenfold. I remember sitting on the back of the bus on the first day of the Social Experiment tour, with my face in my hands. I emptied out my bank account, and before I did that tour that was the number one thing I said I’d never do. I’ll never empty out my savings. But I put all that money up, and within two weeks, when everyone was getting paid, I was like, Okay, cool we’re good again ... The same s--t happened with Surf. And the same s--t happened with Coloring Book. I was f--king around in this studio—like this studio is stupid expensive.

On not being scared of a Trump presidency:
You gotta just understand, like, s--t has been f--ked-up, right? Like, “Make America Great Again,” that’s not a real thing because s--t ain’t really switched up for them. It’s not really going that bad for you. If you feel like you’re the under-represented, under-appreciated side of Middle America that is white—quote me—you need to, uh, toughen up, n---a! Somebody gotta punch you in the chest, because s--t is sweet for you. You know what I’m saying? I would say to everybody, you know, the world is coming together. Like there’s—every day people are becoming more and more, I’m not using this word in terms of emotion, but sensitive to real issues and— And aware. That’s really what I mean. People are raising their kids to be more and more knowledgeable and understanding. I would say the main reason not to be afraid is that I’m making music for your kids now. I’m coming so clean-cut with the message of hope and understanding, and the Word, that it’s like: What could you be fearful of?


#RHoA: Kenya Moore Says She Knows Which Guy 'Peed' on Porsha Williams in 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Sneak Peek
The Real Housewives of Atlanta's Kenya Moore has a hunch on the Sunday, January 15, episode as to which guy, uh, gave Porsha Williams a "golden shower," as seen in Us Weekly's exclusive sneak peek.
The Bravo unscripted series' preview clip shows Moore, Kandi Burruss and Cynthia Bailey discussing a group text they received in which Phaedra Parks asked to receive 50 percent of her pop-up shop's proceeds. The ladies agree that they don't remember Parks previously saying she would get 50 percent, with Bailey pointing out that even Sheree Whitfield recalls the initial figure as being lower.

"Sheree Whitfield is a human tape recorder, OK?" Bailey tells her friends. But Burruss doesn't agree with the assessment and fires back, "She always brings stuff back wrong. Sheree invited me to a lunch with her and Porsha. Then all of a sudden, Porsha goes, 'Sheree was telling me how you had said that me and Block [Spencer] had sex.' The part that I had spoke on was that they'd dated before."
"I guess Sheree had the conversation with her again — I guess [Sheree] threw in the part of them having sex," Burruss adds.

WATCH HERE
Suddenly, a lightbulb goes off for Moore. "Is he the one that peed on her?" she asks excitedly. Moore reminds a confused Burruss that when the ladies were in Miami and playing a round of Never Have I Ever, Williams took a drink when asked if she had ever had a "golden shower." (Indeed, that sexual act is having its moment in the spotlight this week.)

The Real Housewives of Atlanta airs on Bravo Sundays at 8 p.m. ET.


#EMPIRE: “Empire” Gets The GO For Season 4!
The hit FOX series just got the okay for season 4 that was announced at the 2017 Winter TCA Press Tour today. Luscious, Cookie and the Lyon Family will be back for another season of drama, music and salacious scandals.

Say what you want about “Empire,” the show is still pulling in good viewership with a reported 7.5 million viewers for its fall finale. Not only that, the hip hopera is TV’s No. 1 broadcast drama and it has held that title for the last three seasons.

Congrats!

"Empire" returns on Wednesday, March 22nd on FOX.


New Music Video: August Alsina – Drugs
August Alsina goes for some dream-like fantasy love in the brand new video for his newly released song “Drugs.”
Waking up in a small boat filled with large jungle leaves and flowers, the R&B star is covered in white tribal style body paint, and a silk floral robe. While singing the seductive lyrics, he’s surrounded by maidens of the sea, ready to take him into the water. Temptation prevails and by the video’s end, he’s getting intimate below his boat.

Alsina directed the video along with Amber Gray and its themes seem to echo what he recently revealed about his new album as a whole. “I realized how addicted to certain ways of living life I was, addicted to chaos, drama, confusion,” he said. “Lately, for me, it’s been about breaking the cycle and creating a new normal. That new normal is love. I have a newfound addiction. Through love and beautiful women, I’ve been able to find myself, reach higher places within myself.”
Following 2014’s Testimony and 2015’s This Thing Called Life, Alsina’s third album Drugs is set to drop this year.

Dive into the new video for “Drugs HERE


New Music: DMX feat. Swizz Beatz – ‘Bane Is Back’
Ruff Ryders are back. DMX reunites with Swizz Beatz on his new single “Bane Is Back,” inspired by the DC Comics supervillain. Over blaring sirens, Swizz plays hypeman before the “Dark Knight” puts his hoodie on and gets down to business, unleashing some brutal bars.
“Cats now days be spitting that fuck shit / Bird ass ni**as spittin’ that duck shit / I’m from the old school and that there, we don’t fuck with,” growls X.

In between his studio sessions with Swizz, DMX welcomed his 15th child in August. Next up, he is set to perform at the Soulquarius festival in Santa Ana, Calif. on Feb. 18 alongside R. Kelly, Erykah Badu, Ja Rule, Ashanti, and more.

Listen to Dark Man X’s return to form HERE!


Thoughts?


Wayne Brady Set To Join Cast Of “Hamilton” As Aaron Burr!
When news broke earlier this week about actor/comedian/singer Wayne Brady stepping into the role of Aaron Burr in the Chicago cast of “Hamilton,” the reaction was ecstatic for most theater fans, and perhaps a bit confusing for others.
He may be best-known for his television improv work on “Whose Line Is It Anyway?,” or guest appearances on “How I Met Your Mother” or his role as Uncle Louis on “Everybody Hates Chris.” Or for his hosting duties on the daytime game show revamp of “Let’s Make a Deal” (which is in its 8th season), or for his sold-out comedy world tour “Makin’ S–t Up.” But more importantly — listen up, stage fans — Brady has been performing in the theater for decades, including productions of “Rent,” “A Chorus Line,” and most recently his critically acclaimed turns on Broadway as Lola in “Kinky Boots” and Billy Flynn in “Chicago.” According to Chicago Suntimes.

And though he says he and “Hamilton” creator/star Lin-Manuel Miranda have been friends for years, the Aaron Burr role came about through the usual process.
“I auditioned,” Brady said, after a daylong “Hamilton” rehearsal Tuesday (his final dress rehearsal is Jan. 13; he takes over the role officially on Jan. 17). “My audition was just as good if not better than anyone else who auditioned. This was not nepotism. The truth is, if I sucked, I wouldn’t be getting this role. Why would [the producers] damage the role [or jeopardize] the show? … There’s no big name above the marquee saying, hey ‘Come see Wayne Brady in Hamilton!’ This is one show that will fly if it is Jimmy from Timbuktu in the role — as long as Jimmy is talented enough to do it. I had to kick ass to make the point as to why they should hire me.”

Brady revealed the road to Burr was a long one, though things ultimately — and quickly — unfolded late last year.
“I’ve wanted to do [this role] for years,” Brady said. “Lin and I hang in the same theater circles, along with [“Hamilton”] director Tommy Kail. And I told them I wanted so badly to try out for this role. So we had been in talks for a year for the New York production. I auditioned for Lin and Tommy. Everybody has to audition. They know what I do [theatrically]. And I said, ‘I want this badly enough — I’ll show you I can do this stuff.’ So you humble yourself and you do your best. But it ended up not working out for me because of my shooting schedule for “Let’s Make a Deal.” Luckily, this Chicago situation happened and I got a call on the 15th of December and I was out here rehearsing on Dec. 19. I learned the show in less than two weeks, but I’m a fast learner. .. I’ve done theater my whole life. I was always a swing [cast members who learn many of the key roles of a particular show and can step into a role at a moment’s notice]. I’ve always been a quick study and getting many roles under your belt in a short amount of time.”
Brady also headed to “Hamilton” fresh from his lead role as Charley Kringas in the Los Angeles production of Stephen Sondheim’s “Merrily We Roll Along” this past November.
“Sondheim was super difficult because I was never connected to it,” Brady said. “Lin’s music is easier for me because I’m a hip-hop fan. I am a singer and a writer and an amateur MC. Lin’s music is poetry. That cat is so smart!”
The role of Burr is one of the show’s most potent, and features almost as much stage time as that of Hamilton (played here by Miguel Cervantes).

“The most daunting aspect of the role? You want it to be absolutely perfect because the show is so dense verbally,” Brady said, “especially for Hamilton, and secondly for Burr. There’s so many places where, Lord forbid — you do NOT want to go up on a line! Because there will be someone who will go,”Did that dude just make something up in freestyle?”

 “I’ve done musicals like ‘Rent’ and ‘Chorus Line’ where you really have to be a theater nerd to know the score. And you have a few theater nerds who sit in the front row and sing along. But this is a show where people who’ve never even seen the show know EVERY word of EVERY character from the [cast recording]. My daughter [13-year-old Maile Masako Brady] has seen the show six times and she knows every word of every character. She could do a one-woman version of it. People are definitely gonna be coming to the show saying ‘Don’t you screw up my song!”
“I saw the show a whole bunch, as well, and I knew a lot of the songs,” Brady continued. “There were songs that I really liked and listened to a lot, but other songs, maybe cuz they were the girls’ songs, that I didn’t listen to much. So my daughter was my study buddy. She really helped me. Believe me, she [was brutally honest] and said things like, ‘Dad that’s completely wrong’ or ‘Dad, that’s the wrong word!.’”

Brady said he’s been going back and forth between Chicago and L.A. to shoot the fifth season of “Whose Line?,” and he’s truly enjoying many aspects of Chicago.


Oh? Charlie Sheen Calls Rihanna A B*tch
It’s safe to say that Charlie Sheen and Rihanna won’t be friends anytime soon. Last night, during an interview, on ‘Watch What Happens Live‘, he was asked if he and Rihanna mended things. Sheen responded,
"Oh, that b*tch?"

Craig Robinson, who was also a guest, seemed to chime in disapproving of his remark, stating
"No, No."
Sheen added,
"Ummm. She [Rihanna] abandoned common courtesy and common sense, you know."

See the clip. HERE courtesy of thejasminebrand
Apparently, the pair had a falling out back in 2014. Reportedly, Rihanna denied a meet and greet with his then fiancée Brett Rossi. The pair traded insults on social media, but it died down. It seems as it’s Sheen’s latest comments may re-ignite the situation.


Soulja Boy’s Home Burglarized In Hollywood Hills
Someone reportedly stole $10K cash & $12K worth of jewelry from Soulja Boy’s home.
According to reports from TMZ, Soulja Boy’s house was burglarized Tuesday in Los Angeles.

Law Enforcement reportedly told TMZ that a man busted down the front door of Soulja Boy’s Hollywood Hills home and stole $10k in cash and about $12k in jewelry. Soulja Boy apparently wasn’t home during the home invasion, but his house is heavily wired with security cameras, and an image of the intruder has reportedly been captured.
Cops were at Soulja Boy’s house most of Wednesday afternoon, and were still investigating the scene. However, they did say no evidence points to Chris Brown or his teams’ involvement in the invasion, especially coming a time where Chris & Soulja are prepping their boxing match.

 For what’s worth, Game’s manager, Wack 100, believes the upcoming boxing match with Chris Brown is being controlled by West Coast gangs. While Chris begs to differ, it wouldn’t be shocking to hear Soulja’s home invasion be gang-affiliated.


YESSSSSSS! ‘American Horror Story’ Renewed For Seasons 8 & 9 By FX
Two months after American Horror Story was renewed for a seventh cycle, to air later this year, FX has picked up two more installments, adding an 8th and 9th season of the horror anthology series created by Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk.
 “American Horror Story launched the modern limited series revolution and – as evidenced by the most recent installment ‘Roanoke’ – it remains as vital today as when Murder House stunned audiences six years ago,” said FX Networks CEO John Landgraf. “Each new chapter is a cultural event, beloved for every new twist in imagery, style, cast and plot.”

The American Horror Story franchise, produced by 20th Century Fox TV, has won 15 Emmy Awards and dominates FX’s top telecasts of all time; in  adults 18-34, 12 of the Top 15 most-watched FX telecasts ever are AHS telecasts. In adults 18-49, each of the last five installments of American Horror Story has ranked among cable’s Top 5 scripted series in the year in which it aired.
The sixth installment, AHS: Roanoke, which tried a different marketing strategy, keeping the plot and some of the cast under wraps until the premiere, was 2016’s #1 Limited/Mini-series in cable among Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34, and ranked #3 among all 215 cable scripted series in 2016 in those same demos. Roanoke delivered a combined linear and non-linear audience of 10.91 million Total Viewers. In Live+7, Roanoke was up +5% in 18-49 over prior installment AHS: Hotel (4.37 million vs. 4.16 million) and +3% among total viewers (6.31 million vs. 6.16 million).

“When Ryan and Brad came to us seven years ago with the idea for a horror series structured as an anthology, with a group of actors returning year after year, in different roles, settings and time periods, we were in awe of the sheer originality and ambition of their vision,” said Fox TV Group Chairmen and CEOs Dana Walden and Gary Newman. “They’ve since delivered six fantastic installments which have rightfully attracted millions of viewers, critical raves and dozens of awards.”


SRSLY? New Couple Alert: The Weeknd & Selena Gomez
Just a few months after calling it quits with model Bella Hadid, The Weeknd (real name Abel Tesfaye) already has a new chick on his arm. The R&B crooner has scooped up singer Selena Gomez and they’re now a couple. Dude moves on quick doesn’t he?
The new lovebirds were spotted all over each other as they exited L.A.’s Giorgio Balidi Tuesday evening. In the flicks, we see Selena plant a kiss on The Weeknd’s check and in another they share a passionate kiss on the lips:
Apparently, the two connected as Selena worked on getting her life back on track, following his breakup with Bella. A source tells E! News wanted to keep their coupledom status a secret at first, but then decided they didn’t care if everyone knew about them. The new romance comes on the heels of Selena leaving the limelight to seek treatment for depression and other side effects from her chronic illness, lupus.
The source said, “Selena was focusing on getting herself back together and Abel was just getting out of a relationship, plus putting out his new album. Abel and Bella also were on and off towards the end of their relationship, so getting into something brand new was not what Abel was looking for.” Hmph.

The source added, “They recently started talking before the holidays, but she has always been on his radar before. They are on the same level of expectations and think the other is really fun. They are taking things slow and getting to know each other.”

With everything Selena has going on, one has to wonder if she’s stable enough for a new relationship. Depression is no joke.


WOW!!!! Drake Gifts J.Lo $100,000 Platinum Necklace
The rumored Drake and J.Lo romance is still shining, according to new reports.E! News has confirmed that Drizzy gifted Jennifer Lopez with a platinum Tiffany Victoria necklace worth $100,000. The 6 God apparently surprised his new girl with it on New Year’s Eve and some speculate that could be what she’s wearing in this Instagram photo.
As previously reported, Jenny from the Block showed Drizzy love on New Year’s Eve. The singer went to Las Vegas to support her new beau as he performed at Hakkasan nightclub.
Rumors of a Drake and J.Lo relationship began to circulate last month. Sparked by a cuddly photo, the two heightened things when videos of them kissing emerged. While some have wondered if this is merely a publicity stunt, others have said it’s the real deal.
In addition to the romance talk, it seems their connection is also musical. The two have collaborated on a new song that was previewed at what appeared to be a video shoot last month. So far, there’s no word on if and when their collaboration will be released and neither star has publicly addressed the rumored relationship.


#EGGPLANT NATION: Meet Syd!
Ladies and others meet Syd! Fresh out the shower. And you can see all of him when you CLICK HERE TO SEE THE PICS!! And remember they’re NSFW!

DISCLAIMER: WE DO NOT OWN any images posted on this blog. All images are found online or submitted.

Enjoy!



AND FINALLY FROM “THE CRAZY PEOPLE SHOPPING AT WALMART” FILES
‘Caped Crusader’
Not all heroes wear capes, but also not every person in a cape is a hero. Remember that last part.



HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!
EFREM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers