2/15/17

The Daily Buzz For Feb 16


Gabrielle Union: ‘I’ve Never Met A Hater Whose Life I Wish I Had’
The "Being Mary Jane" actress admits that her best anti-aging tip is the ability to say "No, no, and hell, no."
Gabrielle Union is the killing it on the March cover Of Women’s Health. In a white crop top and orange bikini bottoms, the Being Mary Jane actress is showing all her assets—and looking good doing it.
Not too shabby for a 44-year-old! In the issue, Union sounds off about a range of issues, including how she stays looking so young:

“I get asked all the time how I look so young. I don’t like needles. I’m not going to rule out Botox, but the idea of putting a needle in my face… I’m not there yet. I have pretty oily skin, I drink a lot of water, I don’t smoke, and I don’t have a hard life. Of course, as I’ve aged, everything on my body hurts! My hips, back, shoulders—lots of aches and pains. I dye my hair and people say, ‘You look young,’ but my gray hairs are saying, ‘She’s old as f-ck!’”
Her best anti-aging secret:
“My best anti-aging tip is the ability to say no, no, and hell, no. We run ourselves ragged saying yes to every freaking thing, whether it’s to our family, spouses, or careers. I sleep eight hours a day and don’t let myself stress out. A lot of people call it selfish, but I don’t have any wrinkles.”

Folks who love to hate:
“Mean girls become mean women, and mean guys. This is not gender specific…it’s just mean people. We live in this age of where everyone is trying to “out-snark” everyone…but the reality is, mean people have low self-esteem. I always say, ‘I’ve never met a hater whose life I wish I had.’ The biggest, easiest way to broadcast to the world that you’re insecure, and that somebody has power over you, is to be a mean girl towards that person.”

Why exercise is so crucial for her health:
“I have a family history of diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol, and I know that can lead to an early death. I want to be a vital and energetic part of my family for a long time, not to be big mama in a rocking chair in the TV room, or huffing and puffing just going up stairs. I work out not because I get off on it, but because I want to live!”
In addition, Union shared a video talking about why she doesn’t worry too much about diet and exercise but tries to keep things under control. (Must be nice Gabby! LOL) She also admitted to having a love affair with bacon.


'RHoA' Star Sheree Whitfield’s Son Kairo has a New Photo Shoot you Ladies will LOVE!
World, meet Kairo Whitfield🔥. As Real Housewives of Atlanta fans already know, the supersexy young son of veteran star Sherée Whitfield is now a budding model — and Us Weekly has an exclusive look at his latest, steamy black-and-white photo shoot.

The strapping Morehouse College student and athlete dons a sweater in one pic and a coat in another before (thankfully) taking off his clothes to display his washboard abs in a pair of belted trousers. 
The 20-year-old, who RHOA fans have watched grow up on the hit Bravo show, is 6-foot-6 and majoring in economics, but has began to dabble in modeling. And he’s off to a good start: The hunk also recently landed his first music video, starring in Fantasia’s newly released “When I Met You.”
The hunk-in-training — who got some modeling advice from RHOA star Cynthia Bailey — made headlines in December after his arrest was documented on RHOA. As previously reported, Kairo was arrested for DUI — much to the consternation of his parents Sherée, 47, and retired NFL pro Bob Whitfield.
 “It didn't seem like it was that long ago that we were on TV, so when I see the playbacks of the kids on the show, they look like they were tiny. So now you have this huge 6-foot-5, 6-foot-6 guy, superhandsome — he's his mom's son, but I'm superproud of Kairo. As a teenager we've all made mistakes, and I just love how he's not letting that one mistake define him," Sherée told Bravo’s The Daily Dish of his run-in with the law. "He's excelling in school, and he's a student-athlete. He's getting into modeling, so he's taking that mistake and building off of it in a positive way."


And ladies, Sherée also revealed that Kairo is single. "I get so many questions about Kairo, not only from young women [but also] from older women, the cougars," she told The Daily Dish. "So stay back, cougars. But, yeah, Kairo's very single. He's young. I just want him to have fun."


#EMPIRE: Ta’Rhona Jones at the NAACP Image Awards HOT or NOT!
Ta’Rhona Jones wore a nice Lilac color dress with a high split in it. Take a look.
To us it’s nice, but to you is it HOT or NOT!


Listen: Sevyn Streeter & Luke James Cover “Nothing Even Matters”
Sevyn Streeter and Luke James have teamed up to remake a ’90s classic — Lauryn Hill and D’Angelo’s duet, “Nothing Even Matters.”  The two singers kept their version of the song simple yet extremely beautiful, melting together both of their soulful voices seamlessly to really get the romantic feels going.
Singing the all too familiar lyrics, “Nothing even matters no more / Nothing even matters to me…” Both Sevyn and Luke show off their vocal abilities with their harmonies and airy ad-libs that help take their duet to a special place in R&B heaven.

Sevyn just wrapped up her “Girl Disrupted Tour” and Luke James recently starred as Johnny Gill in BET’s The New Edition Story.

Listen to their cover HERE


Hip Hop News: Future Reveals ‘Future’ Album Tracklisting
Before dropping his new self-titled album on Friday, Future unveils its tracklisting.
Arriving shortly after Maroon 5’s Hendrix-assisted “Cold” video, the 17-song tracklisting includes titles like the intro “Rent Money” and the closer, “Feds Did a Sweep.”

Elsewhere, look for hardcore-sounding cuts like “Good Dope,” “Draco,” “Super Trapper,” and “Mask Off,” as well as confident-sounding joints like “High Demand,” “I’m So Groovy,” and “Poppin’ Tags.”
Released through Epic Records/A1/Freebandz, Future follows 2016’s EVOL and Purple Reign. It marks Hendrix’s fifth studio album overall and wasn’t announced until yesterday. “I was preparing the feast,” he tweeted. “U walked away from the table too soon.”
Along with his album announcement, Future also confirmed his “Nobody Safe Tour” yesterday, featuring Migos, Tory Lanez, and Kodak Black. The run, which will also include Young Thug and A$AP Ferg on select dates, kicks off May 4 in Memphis.
Ahead of the album, Hendrix unleashed “Night Visions Ep. 1,” a candid look inside his studio. Check out the debut episode and see the full tracklisting below.

FUTURE TRACKLISTING
1. “Rent Money”
2. “Good Dope”
3. “Zoom”
4. “Draco”
5. “Super Trapper”
6. “POA”
7. “Mask Off”
8. “High Demand”
9. “Outta Time”
10. “Scrape”
11. “I’m So Groovy”
12. “Might as Well”
13. “Poppin’ Tags”
14. “Massage in My Room”
15. “Flip”
16. “When I Was Broke”
17. “Feds Did a Sweep”


Carlos Santana Clarifies Beyoncé Comments
It seems Carlos Santana heard the BeyHive. Following a swarm of criticism over his controversial Beyoncé comments, the legendary musician has issued a statement.
 “I would like to clarify a comment that was reported when I was doing an interview for some upcoming shows in Australia & New Zealand,” he wrote in a Facebook post. “My intent was to congratulate Adele on her amazing night at the Grammies.
“My comment about Beyonce was regretfully taken out of context,” he added. “I have the utmost respect for her as an artist and a person. She deserves all the accolades that come her way. I wish Beyonce and her family all the best.”

Santana offered no further explanation about how his comments were taken out of context.

During an interview with Australian Associated Press, the iconic guitarist said Beyoncé lost the Album of the Year Grammy to Adele because she is “not a singer.”

“I think that Adele won because she can sing, sing,” he said. “With all respect to our sister Beyoncé, Beyoncé is very beautiful to look at and it’s more like modeling kind of music ― music to model a dress ― she’s not a singer, singer, with all respect to her…Adele can sing, sing. She doesn’t bring all the dancers and props, she can just stand there and she just stood there and sang the song and that’s it, and this is why she wins.”

On Sunday, Adele won five Grammys, including the big three: Record, Song, and Album of the Year. During her acceptance speech, the British songstress said Beyoncé deserved more recognition for her work on LEMONADE.
“I’m very humbled, and very grateful, and very gracious, but the artist of my life is Beyoncé,” she said. “This album to me, the LEMONADE album, was so monumental, Beyoncé. It was so monumental, well thought-out, beautiful, and soul baring, and we all got to see another side to you that you don’t always let us see and we appreciate that. All us artists here adore you. You are our light.”

Backstage, Adele told reporters: “I thought it was [Beyoncé’s] year. What the fuck does she have to do to win Album of the Year?”

Queen Bey has 22 Grammys out of 62 nominations, the most nods of any woman in history. On Sunday, she won Best Music Video for “Formation” and Best Urban Contemporary Album for LEMONADE.


American Black Film Festival Honors To Celebrate Queen Latifah As Entertainment Icon
All hail the queen!

Queen Latifah will be honored as an Entertainment Icon at the American Black Film Festival Honors this Friday (Feb 17).
The Oscar-nominated actress is set to receive the Entertainment Icon award at this year’s ceremony, to be held in Los Angeles on Friday. The star of “Star” on Fox says she is honored to receive the award.
“It means so much to me coming from fellow entertainers and my peers.”
Queen Latifah got her start as a rapper almost three decades ago. Besides her Oscar nod for “Chicago,” she’s also been nominated twice in Emmy acting categories and won a Golden Globe.

The American Black Film Festival Honors will air on BET and Centric on February 22 at 8/7c with Terrence Howard and Regina Hall as your hosts.


MLB’s Steve Clevenger Apologizes For Black Lives Matter Tweets That Got Him Suspended
*Former Seattle Mariners player Steve Clevenger is just now apologizing for racist tweets about Black Lives Matter protesters from September 2016, that went viral and subsequently got him suspended for the season.
As the protests that followed a number of police shootings of unarmed black men led to conflicts between law enforcement and demonstrators on Sept. 22, Clevenger sent a pair of tweets before going to a doctor’s appointment for the broken hand that had sidelined him for the second half of the season with the Seattle Mariners.

The first tweet read: “[Black Lives Matter] is pathetic once again! Obama you are pathetic once again! Everyone involved should be locked behind bars like animals.” The second: “Black people beating whites when a thug got shot holding a gun by a black officer haha s*** cracks me up! Keep kneeling for the Anthem!”
By the time he left the doctor’s office that day and checked his phone, the tweets had caused a firestorm. Twenty-four hours later, the Mariners suspended him for the rest of the season. On Nov. 2, he was removed from the Mariners’ 40-man roster and chose free agency.

In a new interview with Yahoo Sports, Clevenger claims to be a changed man.
“My words were wrong. I regret every day that I wrote it, and I wish I could take it back. They were harsh. They were mean. They angered a lot of people. And I’m sorry for it. I can only ask for forgiveness,” the player said.

While a handful teams have inquired about Clevenger’s status this offseason, none has offered him so much as a minor league contract.

“I try not to think about it too much,” Clevenger said. “I try to hold out hope that a couple lines on Twitter won’t end my career. I’m trying to think positive. I want people to know who I really am as a person. I want an opportunity to show people my tweets aren’t who I am or who I want to be.
“I’ve spent all offseason trying to become a better person. Learn different cultures. The history of the United States.”

Claiming he isn’t racist, Clevenger said: “I see how people could be hurt. I see how people can take it as being racist. I don’t have hatred in my body because of race or religion or gender. If I had to do it all over again, I definitely wouldn’t have posted those tweets. That’s not the person I am.”
“I come from a struggling family. I understand people’s pain when they come to that. I grew up around it. I had friends who didn’t have much of anything, but they’re my friends. I don’t judge people on how much money they have or their race or their gender or what religion they practice. I don’t hate people because of that type of thing.”

Clevenger says he regrets using the word “thug” and has studied the Black Lives Matter movement in hopes of learning more about the black community.  While he disagreed with some of President Obama’s policies, “I respected Obama as our president,” Clevenger said.
His feelings on kneeling for the national anthem, as Colin Kaepernick and others were doing at the time, remains the same: “He’s free to exercise his rights. I don’t hold it against him. I’m just not for it. But he has his right to kneel for the anthem.”

His message for those who doubt his intentions?
“I’m not a racist,” Clevenger said. “I wasn’t raised to be a racist. My family isn’t racist. Nobody I’m involved with is racist. I don’t condone it. I don’t agree with hating people. That’s not me. That’s not who I am. That’s not something I’m OK with supporting.

“I’m hoping that I can get an opportunity to play ball again and be part of a solution. If a team asks me to help out, I’ll volunteer to do whatever they want. To hear people’s voices that can’t be heard. If I can get the opportunity to play in your organization, if you get to know me, you’d get to know somebody really good. I don’t have hatred in me. I have a passion to play baseball. That’s my goal in life. And if you give me the opportunity to show you my tweets don’t define who I am, you might be surprised.”


Oooops … Pretty Sure The Weeknd Just Dissed Justin Bieber’s Oral Sex Game
The Weeknd is not only incredibly confident about his oral sex skills, but apparently, he is even better than Justin Bieber.
The singer opens up about his bedroom skills on Toronto rapper Nav’s new track, “Some Way,” a song that many are calling a Bieber diss verse.
In the song, Selena Gomez’s new boyfriend takes aim at her ex, all while fluffing his own chest. “I think your girl, think your girl, fell in love with me. She say my f–k and my tongue game a remedy.”

The Weeknd’s apparent diss comes after a string of personal shots fired by Justin. Over the last several weeks, the pop star has been taking aim at his ex-girlfreind’s boo, first suggesting that his music is “whack” then claiming his “favorite song of the moment” was “Starboy.”
The pair became at odds after Gomez started dating The Weeknd earlier this year. As you recall, Bieber and Selena were the Hollywood it couple for years, before the public split in 2014.


Halle Berry Admits To Feeling “Guilty” After Three Failed Marriages
Halle Berry is opening up about the emotional toll of having three failed marriages. According to Entertainment Tonight, during a Q&A at the 2017 City Summit and Gala presented by Entrepreneur magazine, Berry revealed that she felt guilty that those relationships didn’t work out.

I have learned to deal with three failed marriages, which has not been easy, especially when there’s children involved. [As] women, we go into marriage thinking it’s going to last forever and that this is our prince on a shiny horse,” she continued. That’s what fairytales taught me as a kid … and I’m kind of anti-fairytales today.”

“But we go in there with that hope, so when it falls apart it feels like a huge failure and a huge disappointment. I’ve often felt guilty and responsible. I’ve suffered a lot of pain and anguish.”

Berry’s recent divorce from actor Olivier Martinez, with whom she has a 3-year old son, Maceo, was finalized in December. She was previously married to baseball player, David Justice, and singer, Eric Benet. The actress also has an 8-year-old daughter, Nahla, with model Gabriel Aubry.
 Halle Berry seen with husband Olivier Martinez, son Maceo Robert Martinez and daughter Nahla Ariela Aubry in Los Angeles back in August 2015.

“Right now, being mom is my most important job and I now know that everything I do, everything I say and everything I offer them is really important,” she added.  “I say lots of things, but I think what’s more important is that my children watch what I do. I’m more mindful of how I live my life and what they see me do.”


Ladies ‘Prison Bae’ Jeremy Meeks TAKES Over NYFW
If you thought Jeremy Meeks, had ran out of his 15 minutes of fame, guess again.

You’ll recall, Meeks, who was sentenced for a felony weapons conviction, became a viral sensation after his mugshot was reposted on damn near everyone’s timeline in 2014. After the hot shot started making its rounds on the Internet streets, modeling agencies everywhere were trying to lock him into a modeling contract. He eventually signed to White Cross Management and now, here we are.

Oh, and sorry ladies, Prison Bae is a married man. No harm in you looking though right?
Also hitting the runway:
Philipp Plen tapped rappers Desiigner, Fetty Wap and Young Thug as his muses to model pieces from his FW17/18 collection:
We see you fellas!
Also at the show:

Remy Ma and Fat Joe (along with his wife Lorena Cartagena) stepped out to peep Philipp Plein's latest designs.
NFL free agent and NYFW regular Victor Cruz, who was recently let go by the New York Giants after seven seasons, was front row ready alongside model/actress Shay Mitchell.
R&B singer Keyshia Cole was spotted a few seats down from Donald Trump's daughter Tiffany Trump. 
But, before the show started, THIS happened:
Bloop.


OH? Regis Philbin Reveals Kelly Ripa Was 'Offended' When He Left
Regis Philbin is opening up about his relationship (or lack thereof) with former Live! co-star Kelly Ripa.
The 85-year-old TV personality confirmed that he is no longer in contact with her after leaving the ABC show in 2011.
“Never once did they ask me to go back,” Regis said on Larry King Now (via People). “She got very offended when I left. She thought I was leaving because of her. I was leaving because I was getting older and it wasn’t right for me anymore.”

Regis hosted the show for 28 years, the last 10 of which were alongside Kelly.


EGGPLANT NATION: Meet King Lexus
Ladies and others meet King Lexus!  You know what to do to see them goods.  CLICK HERE TO SEE THE PICS and remember they’re NSFW!

DISCLAIMER: WE DO NOT OWN NOR ALTER any images posted on this blog. All images are found online or submitted.

You’re Welcome!



AND FINALLY FROM THE CRAZY PEOPLE SHOPPING AT WALMART FILES
‘CORNY JOKES’
Well shucks, this might sound corny but you’re getting some cobs to pop around here


HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYBODY!!!
EFREM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers