11/12/13

The Daily Buzz for Nov 13



Mariah Carey "The Art of Letting Go"
MiMi just released the title track off her upcoming 14th album via her Facebook page.   She told her fans:
"This is such a personal record to me. I wrote the lyrics so that anyone and everyone could relate to them and hopefully release anything that they need to let go of that's holding them back or bringing them down. Thank you for sharing this experience with me!"

Mariah elaborated about the track to Mashable saying this song is about the "ability to let go of things, people, emotions, situations, anything that has bogged you down for a long time."  She continued:
"I like to leave things very ambiguous so my fans can interpret the songs in the way that they choose to, and that's why I never really say, 'Well this happened to me," she says.

"Sometimes it's a true story, every single word of the song, and maybe this one is, too, but you'll never know."
And she posted the above pic saying:
Thank you guys for being here with me this morning, we're having a festive Facebook brunch moment (a.k.a. splash), you know I just woke up.

Let's get this party started!
So, check out "The Art of Letting Go" below, produced by Rodney Jerkins:
Thoughts?



Kerry Washington's December/January LUCKY Magazine Cover is very different than others
Well, LUCKY magazine isn't one that's well known for being well experienced with black cover subjects.  So when "Scandal" star Kerry Washington's winter cover hit the net today, it had some folks crying foul.
Yes, the makeup and lighting could have been better, but we love her and her fabness nonetheless.

Kerry responded to the mag tweeting out her new cover by saying a simple, "WOOO HOOO!"
This is why we love her.

So...are you feeling Kerry's new cover? Too much brushing if you ask me!



Adele Says No Thank You To L'Oreal
While most people would jump at a multi-million-dollar endorsement from a top cosmetics brand, Adele appears to have given L’Oreal Paris the coldshoulder.

The “Rolling in the Deep” songstress was offered $19 million to be the new face of the company, picking up where Cheryl Cole left off.
But in the end, it seems the money wasn’t all that appealing. Then again, with sales of her 21 album still going strong, Adele is likely more than comfortable with her bank balance.

An inside source told People, "L'Oreal was in negotiations for the deal with Adele and it looked to be happening - but she just changed her mind on it. L'Oreal is gobsmacked that she turned down such a huge amount.”


White, Anti-Gay Republican Wins Election By Pretending To Be Black
This past election season has certainly been bizarre, this after two convicted felons won city council seats in Michigan last week. Now in Texas, a white, conservative activist known for anti-gay leanings fooled voters into thinking he was black and won an election.
Dave Wilson, an electrician who has attacked Houston's lesbian mayor with a mean-spirited mailing campaign, won a seat on the Houston Community College Board of Trustees last week by a narrow margin. Wilson beat incumbent black Bruce Austin in a district made of primarily of black voters. Wilson smugly sees his victory as the great accident it is, and didn't pull punches on deceiving the public.
"I'd always said it was a long shot," Wilson said to KHOU. "No, I didn't expect to win."
Wilson beat Austin, who served on the board for 24 years, by just 26 votes. Wilson, who also ran for a fringe mayoral post in the past, duped voters by mailing out campaign fliers adorned with black people with captions that read “Please vote for our friend and neighbor Dave Wilson.
Wilson never appeared on any of the ads, naturally. There was also a flier that read “Endorsed by Ron Wilson” who was widely known as the Black former state representative. If voters read the fine print, they would have discovered the Ron Wilson mentioned in the ad was actually the cousin of the newly elected board member.

"He's a nice cousin," Wilson said. "We played baseball in high school together. And he's endorsed me."
Wilson is delighting in his victory, saying that “Every time a politician talks, he's out there deceiving voters” in a bold declaration to KHOU. Austin tried to counter with mailers of his own showing Wilson as a right-wing hatemonger, but admitted that he may have reacted far too late to shift the campaign into his favor.
"I don't think it's good," Austin said. "I don't think it's good for both democracy and the whole concept of fair play. But that was not his intent, apparently.
Wilson faces a recount, but it is expected he'll hold his post for the six-year term


“The Best Man Holiday” NYC Screening
With The Best Man Holiday set to hit theaters on Friday (Nov. 15th), members of the film’s cast and more, hit the Bow Tie Chelsea Cinemas on Monday – for the NYC screening.

Nia Long, Morris Chestnut, Sanaa Lathan, Taye Diggs, Melissa De Sousa, Terrence Howard, and Harold Perrineau, were all spied as they took to the red carpet – as well as R. Kelly and Michael Strahan.
A scene from the movie which may have stood out as you watched the trailer, is one that features a synchronized dance routine performed by the men. The cast revealed that director Malcolm D. Lee put in the request that the women not see the men rehearsing the dance so that he’d catch their candid reactions. When speaking on it, Harold Perrineau said:
That was actually one of the most fun things about doing the whole movie, I think—the rehearsals for it, and Morris Chestnut…worked so hard to get it…that the rest of us felt like we had to do it.
While Nia added; “They really practiced. They were serious about it,” as she recalled the fellas prepping for the scene.

View more pics from the screening below..
Get ready...Best Man Holiday hits theaters this Friday!



Tamar Braxton Covers Flaunt Magazine
2013 has proven to be one of Tamar Braxton’s best years yet. In addition to releasing to selling some competitive numbers on her new album, snagging a few awards (via Soul Train) and pushing a healthy baby out this year, she’s also snagged a few magazine covers. The latest? Flaunt Magazine, where she talks about how her honesty and lack of filter has bitten her in the a** a few times (my words not hers), why she was bullied growing up and how she handles having a ‘strong personality’. Check out a few excerpts below.

You say you’re very honest on your show. Does being filmed change the way you approach your life?
Sometimes I wish it did. I’m a lot better because I am working on my filter, but before I had absolutely none. I was just one hundred percent raw and I found that wasn’t the best thing for me because I really do love my family, and I would say things thinking I was helping, and I was hurting their feelings. I can watch myself and learn from my mistakes. Then I’m on the phone with my sisters all day trying to apologize and they don’t want to hear it.

Is it difficult sometimes to be a woman with a very strong personality?
The upside is that people can always go to you for the truth, right? The downside to that is that sometimes it can come off as offensive, like I said. Or people can take things the wrong way, or people just get plain old tired of me being honest. It can get irritating sometimes because of the way it comes off.

Why did you get back into music after 13 years?
I really wanted to make my first album to be as transparent as I am, and it wasn’t something that was accepted. Stars back then were very laidback and you didn’t know about their personal lives. I felt like my first album was like a karaoke album. I couldn’t sing the songs I wanted to sing. So, I think that was what drove my hunger to have a record that I can finally be myself and write the songs that I want to write. It was a big step for who I am.

Why do you think you were bullied?
Are you kidding me? I walked different, I had a different attitude, and I was picked on because I wasn’t like everybody else. You have to accept that about yourself. I think especially for women it’s important because it’s so hard for us. If we just accept ourselves for who we are, it’s so much more attractive and then other people notice. Like, “Her skin is so bad but she doesn’t give a hot fuck!” Then they stop looking at you!



Will and Jada Show A United Front For Son’s 21st Birthday Party
Jada and Will came together the other night showing a united front while attending Will’s oldest son Trey’s 21st birthday party dinner. The festivities took place in Vegas where Willow and Jaden were also in attendance.
Will and Jada were seen holding hands and dancing with each other, they didn’t leave eachother’s side for one minute.  Once the party moved to Palazzo’s Lavo, Will joined Trey in the booth, where the birthday boy was to guest DJ. Despite the swirling rumors, Will gave Jada a kiss as he left his wife and two young children in the underage area of the club. Will hung out with Trey, his son from a previous marriage to Sheree Zampino, until the pair left the club around 1 a.m…
I love the Smith’s and how they  shut down the Cheating rumors, by showing that their marriage is still intact, despite what the media is trying to put on them.



Flint, Mich. Residents Elected 2 Convicted Felons To City Council
Last week, residents of Flint, Mich. elected into city council seats four individuals with checkered pasts. The twist is that two of the new council members are convicted felons, including one man who served time for second-degree murder.
Flint, a working-class city 66 miles northwest of Detroit, has a history of crime, poverty and budget problems not alike what has occurred in the Motor City. The state doesn't bar felons from elected office unless they were convicted of fraud or public corruption as an elected official. This rule gave Wantwaz Davis, a man who served 19 years in prison for second-degree murder, an opportunity for the seat.
According to reports from the Flint Journal, Davis defeated incumbent Fifth Ward incumbent Bernard Lawler by 71 votes. Davis has been very frank about the details surrounding his 1991 murder case; He was 17 when he shot and killed 27-year-old Kenneth Morris.

"He went and reached in his pocket, so I reached in my pocket and I shot him," Davis said last Wednesday (Nov. 6). "When I found out he later died, I turned myself in. I never intended to shoot Mr. Morris. To this day, I am very remorseful."
Davis says the Morris killing was in retaliation for the man sexually assaulting his mother. While in prison, Davis began to study politics thus leading to his current position. The Journal was not aware of Davis' conviction although he says he's been forthcoming about his past.
Eric Mays, also elected last week, pleaded guilty to felonious assault in 1987 and served a year-long probation. Mays says a man threatened his life, causing him to return the threat with a gun. While there may be grumblings from the Journal about not reporting the convictions of the men, and the bankruptcies of two other elected council members, they will not be removed from office.
“The council people are elected. They're going to get sworn in on Monday. Nothing you write about it is going to change it now. It's not something that was hidden or should be a surprise to constituents in the Fifth Ward,” Council President Scott Kincaid said last week.



Solange Knowles Debuts “Saint Heron” Compilation
After announcing that she’d started her own own label - Saint Records - back in May, Solange Knowles is releasing her first project. Titled Saint Heron, the compilation album sees features from a list of artists, including Cassie, Sampha, and Jhené Aiko.
In promoting the new album over the weekend, Solo rolled through the streets of New York in a Lamborghini Murcielago, customized by Rashaad Newsome. She invited fans to come out and grab a copy from the trunk of her ride, writing; “NYC Come pop the trunk w us & get your copy of @SaintHeron today @openingceremony or @HabanaOutpost I’ll be there:)”



Lady Gaga Stops By SiriusXM, Talks R. Kelly Collaboration
Celebrating the release of her new album ARTPOP, Lady Gaga showed up at SiriusXM Studios in New York City on Tuesday morning (November 12).
And as usual, the “You and I” singer was all about making a fashion statement, sporting a big platinum blonde wig teamed with an iridescent coat, black platform heels, and beaded stockings.

Meanwhile, Mother Monster told MTV News that her music video for “Do What U Want” is just about ready to go.
"Yes! I shot it last week with [photographer] Terry Richardson, and R. Kelly'sin the video. We had a great time. It was amazing. He's wonderful to work with."
Gaga added, "Me and R. Kelly in the video? We have really great chemistry."



AND FINALLY FROM “THE CRAZY PEOPLE SHOPPING AT WALMART” FILES
‘ROLL IT OUT’
Yeah, it looks like that ab roller machine kinda backfired on you. But keep rocking those belly shirts, real solid decision.



HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!
EFREM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers