5/29/12

The Daily Roundup for May 29


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER


André 3000 Becomes Jimi Hendrix In Biopic

Lights, camera, action! André 3000 transformed into rock legend Jimi Hendrix for the biopic All Is by My Side. The OutKast rapper, born André Benjamin, was photographed on set in the town of Bray, Ireland, rocking an Afro as he looked over a balcony.


The film, starring André, will explore Hendrix’s early career, including his time spent in England in 1966 and 1967 while working on his classic debut Are You Experienced. The shoot is expected to last for six weeks.



PHAEDRA, ANGELA, VIBE MAG & THE 30 MILLION DOLLAR LAWSUIT!
Phaedra Parks is suing Vibe Magazine for defamation of character for publishing Angela Stanton's book, "Lies of a Real Housewife: Tell the Truth and Shame the Devil..."
Documents secured by Court House News Service state,
In 2000, Parks says, she represented Atlanta rapper Drama for a probation violation. Drama introduced Parks to his-then girlfriend, Angela Stanton, and Parks represented her at a sentence-modification hearing, but "plaintiff has never had any formal or informal employment relationship with Stanton," the complaint states.
It continues: "Plaintiff has never participated in any criminal activities with Stanton. "Plaintiff did not socialize with Stanton on any regular basis and does not consider (and never has considered) her to be a close friend or confidant.
"Stanton is a convicted felon and has served multiple terms in prison.
"Around February of 2010, Stanton began a personal crusade of false attacks against plaintiff.
"Specifically, Stanton began posting false and defamatory accusations about plaintiff on Twitter and otherwise made false and defamatory statements about her to third persons in the community.
"In March of this year, defendant published and promoted Stanton's false and defamatory accusations on the Internet, and as a direct result, Stanton's personal and unfounded vendetta against plaintiff went viral on the Internet.
"Defendant interviewed Stanton and broadcast her false and defamatory accusations in articles and videos on its websites.
"Defendant eventually published Stanton's accusations in a book available for online purchase by the public.
"Defendant's publications of the online interviews and the book concerning plaintiff imply, as a whole, that plaintiff is an attorney who has engaged in criminal activity and is worthy of public scorn and contempt.
"The false statements published by defendant are defamatory per se and damages to the reputation of Plaintiff are presumed as a matter of law."
Phaedra is seeking $5 million in compensatory damages, $25 million in punitive damages, attorney fees and a published retraction from Vibe.

But wait there’s more to this! Angela responds!
Now that Phaedra Parks has hit VIBE with a $30M lawsuit, Angela Stanton has responded to suit saying she is ready for battle and questioning why Phaedra is attacking VIBE instead of her. I told you earlier about the dirty little tell-all by Angela Stanton, “Lies of a Real Housewife: Tell the Truth and Shame the Devil…,” that made claims of Phaedra Parks having participated in criminal activity. Now, Phaedra is suing to clear her name...but wait....she's suing VIBE Mag, NOT Angela.
In recently filed docs, Phaedra claims VIBE published and promoted the book which caused the "false and defamatory accusations" to go viral on the Internet. So she is technically suing VIBE for promoting Angela's "lies" and defaming her character.
The suit seeks $5 million in compensatory damages along with $25 million in punitive damages, payment for court fees, and a printed retraction from the magazine.

Even though she is not named in the suit, Angela had plenty to say in response to the filings.


Lordy I tell ya this damn drama…LOL!!!


HMMMM I don’t think Brandy is using Monica..or is she just in another place?
Brandy has had one roller coaster of a year so far. After reuniting with her "Boy Is Mine" co-star, Monica, for the single "It All Belongs to Me," she suffered the devastating loss of her longtime friend and mentor, Whitney Houston.
The singer has spoken at length about the impact Houston had on her life, both as a child and as an entertainer in her own right. And her connection to Whitney lives on, in part, through the title of her upcoming album, Two Eleven, which commemorates both Brandy's birthday and the day that Houston died.

While she honors the past, at this point in her career, Brandy's looking to break new ground. She recently put out her new Bangladesh-produced single, "Put It Down." The song is a trunk-rattling plea for respect and chivalry, which is quite the contrast from much of the material on the radio today, which seems singularly focused on getting sloppily drunk (in the club, of course), taking a warm body home or twerking on a pole for dollar bills.
The site Bark & Bite recently had the chance to catch up with Brandy and she gave them the latest on her upcoming album, her feelings about her Behind the Music special and the possibility of a tour with Monica.

Bark + Bite: Tell us about the new single. How's the reception been for "Put It Down"?

Brandy: Oh my god, the reception has been amazing. The core fans are loving it, they can't believe how different it is for me. And I love taking risks in music and it's great to challenge yourself to be different. That's what I love about the song. I can't wait till it really hits the radio waves and we do the video for it and it really takes off.

Bark + Bite: It's interesting that you mentioned specifically trying something different. The trendy thing for you to do would've been to hook up with a European DJ and try your hand at a dance-pop single, as so many other R&B and hip-hop artists are doing now. What made you want to link up with Bangladesh instead?

Brandy: I try to follow my spirit and my intuition when it comes to music because intuition never leads you down the wrong path and I haven't been following it for a very long time. Bangladesh was someone that I've always admired, someone I was always a fan of and I remember before I even signed to Chameleon or RCA, I just went to the studio and hung out with him. I just listened to what he was doing and I could hear myself singing over those knockin', hard-ass beats. And I just felt it.
It organically happened, the connection with Sean Garrett and I, because Sean Garrett is one of the few writers that can write to a Bangladesh beat. So it all was in sync, and that's how I knew it was the right thing. Because it happened naturally.

Bark + Bite: So is Bangladesh doing the bulk of the album or just a few tracks?
Brandy: He definitely set the foundation for the sound of the album, but I took a chance with this album because usually I work with one producer and kind of go out a little bit just to do the fill-ins or the ballads. But I really ventured out and worked with a lot of different people this album. Rico Love is a big part of the album, Ester Dean...just different people.

Bark + Bite: Is there any chance of a reunion with Timbaland for this album?

Brandy: We're working on that. I was supposed to record with Timbaland a couple of weeks ago, but you know sometimes when you're that much of a genius, sometimes your schedule kind of goes four or five different ways so we're trying to lock him down to stay in one place so I can actually go and work with him. But I definitely don't want to let this album go out without us at least trying to let the magic happen.

Bark + Bite: You've already worked with Frank Ocean in the past, but you're said to have completed work with him for the new album, right?
Brandy: Yeah, I love Frank Ocean. I tease him all the time that I knew before everyone else knew how special he was. It's always great to work with him, he's such a young genius just coming into his own.
He gave me a great song called "Scared of Beautiful" and I think the meaning of that record is just so huge. It could be taken in so many different ways and there are so many double entendres going on in that song. Just people who are afraid to succeed, people who are afraid to love, people who are afraid of being the best version of who they are. That's how it can relate to everyone. I really hope that it makes the album, I really hope it does.

Bark + Bite: Your VH1 Behind the Music recently aired. It was a pretty emotional special. What was it like for you to watch it?

Brandy: I actually have never seen it. I lived it and I was definitely open in talking about it, so there's no need for me to watch it. It felt like a weight was lifted and I appreciate VH1 wanting to do a Behind the Music with me because it was so needed for me just personally and emotionally.
Just being able to tell my story and be very transparent with the people that loved me for so long and also, to reach the people that were confused about the things that happened or were judgmental or whatever the case may be. I was able to confront that.
And taking responsibility always relieves you in so many ways. So it was very liberating for me, and I was so glad I did that because now I don't have to talk about any of that anymore. It can really be about going forward and what my music represents and what my life is and my purpose.

Bark + Bite: The really interesting thing was that after the special aired, Never Say Never shot up the iTunes R&B charts. It shows that there's still a connection with your fans to your story. How did it feel seeing that reception to one of your old works and did that motivate you to strengthen that connection with your new album Two Eleven?

Brandy: It definitely was scary, because it was like, "WOW! Should we have the album come out right now?! What's going on?"
I'm very pleased with how people responded to the old music and how they related the music to what I was going through in my life at the time. But definitely, I've always tried to be honest in my music. It just doesn't work for me otherwise. I can't sing songs I don't feel. I can't get a good vocal out of those songs. But yeah, I look forward to seeing what people have to say about the new album and hopefully they'll love it as much as I do.

Bark + Bite: So you mentioned you're prepping to roll out the single, the video. What's the timeline looking like for the project?

Brandy: The timeline for the single is now. We're just working out all the dates for the director, myself and Chris. You know, Chris is a superstar, so we're just trying to lock that whole thing down.
I'm making sure we have the right video because one of the things that I feel has been missing for a very long time with me is visuals. So we just wanna make sure we have the right visual and I really believe everything is in divine time.
We're looking at the end of summer for the album and we just wanna make sure everything is right. This is the shot to get it right. Everybody is falling back in love with what they're seeing and we just don't wanna eff it up!
So we're patient, but we don't wanna be too laid back with it where we don't give the fans what they want, when they want it. But greatness takes time and we wanna make sure this project is as great as it can be. And we appreciate everybody being patient, especially the core fans.

Bark + Bite: There was talk of you possibly hitting the road with Monica for a joint tour. Is that still in the works?
Brandy: Um, honestly, we haven't really talked about it since we stopped promoting "It All Belongs to Me." I just honestly think Monica and I are in different places in our music. And my vibe is a little bit different this time around so I don't know. I kind of wanna do my own thing. I definitely feel like the fans would want a tour from us, but I don't know, I just feel like I'm being pulled in a different direction. I'm definitely still open to it, but right now I'm looking in a different way right now for me.

Well what do you think? Is she almost honest, or like her song says “Almost doesn’t count”


Gabrielle Union: Miss Miami Bikini Babe
Spending a relaxing day on the beach, Gabrielle Union and her friend Savannah Brinson caught some rays in Miami
The 39-year-old showed off her rocking physique in a tiny white bikini that she paired with a cowboy hat and tweeted earlier today sharing, “Some military members fight a mental, emotional, financial, spiritual war when they return home, let's take care of our troops!”
Miss Union may be soaking up the sun, but she recently told People that she does not mess around with her SPF protection saying, ““I don’t tan on purpose, but I do a lot of beach workouts. But I go SPF 110.”
The “Think Like a Man” star went on to add, “As an African-American woman, culturally we have been told that we have natural protection against the sun — but we’re absolutely part of the one in five. As I’ve gotten older, I’ve seen relatives’ moles change shape, and they think ‘That’s cute — it’s like Janet Jackson!’ But it’s not cute — it’s called melanoma.”
The actress is working with Neutrogena to promote its healthy skin campaign and fight against skin cancer.


Is Madonna really giving Lady Gaga some SHADE?
In a further bid to paint Lady GaGa as the ‘How I Met Your Mother‘ to her ‘Friends‘, Madonna is to perform a ‘mash-up’ of her ‘Express Yourself‘and the Lady’s ‘Born This Way‘ to prove how similar the cuts are to each other.
Sure to ruffle many a Monster feather, today saw rehearsal footage from Madonna‘s upcoming ‘MDNA Tour’ emerge online, giving fans a teaser as to what they can expect from the controversial cover.
Watch her in action:
Ouch at ‘She’s Not Me’.
Though we can’t but applaud Madonna for her lighthearted take on the matter, we’d be lying if we said we weren’t annoyed for GaGa and the producers behind ‘Born’.
For, taking its well meaning message and production value into account it’s a shame it’s being dragged through the mud over a feud GaGa doesn’t take seriously enough to engage in-publicly.

In a further bid to paint Lady GaGa as the ‘How I Met Your Mother‘ to her ‘Friends‘, Madonna is to perform a ‘mash-up’ of her ‘Express Yourself‘and the Lady’s ‘Born This Way‘ to prove how similar the cuts are to each other.
Sure to ruffle many a Monster feather, today saw rehearsal footage from Madonna‘s upcoming ‘MDNA Tour’ emerge online, giving fans a teaser as to what they can expect from the controversial cover.

Watch her in action:

Ouch at ‘She’s Not Me’.
Though we can’t but applaud Madonna for her lighthearted take on the matter, we’d be lying if we said we weren’t annoyed for GaGa and the producers behind ‘Born’.
For, taking its well meaning message and production value into account it’s a shame it’s being dragged through the mud over a feud GaGa doesn’t take seriously enough to engage in-publicly.


Chris Brown vs Meek Mills and RIHANNAMANIA!
Last month there were rumors that Chris Brown kicked rapper Meek Mill's feature off his upcoming Fortune album because he was jealous over a wild night Meek spent with Rihanna in a strip club 
Meek just removed all doubt...
Over the weekend Meek Mill Tweeted
Ah shyt now! Well it has gotten to all out war!




Lord take all the wheels…PLEASE?


Beyonce ON STAGE For First Concert Comeback As A Mom
Beyonce Knowles made her return to the stage Friday night after a 9 month baby hiatus
Rocking hot pink heels and two pieces of fringed sparkling goodness baring her midriff and sexy post-baby bod, 30-year-old Beyonce officially got back to business Friday night at Revel Resort for her first of 4 concerts. Her 4 stage looks were custom made by Ralph & Russo .
The gorgeous new mom had folks all a-Twitter once she hit the stage with new energy, new outfits, net stage decor, and even a few new dancers. In attendance was her hubby Jay-Z, who jetted in from overseas on his only day off between his Switzerland Watch The Throne stop on Thursday and the Denmark stop on Saturday.

And even he was stanning for his wife tweeting:
"I'm gonna say this and then I'm gonna end mine. BEYONCE is the best performer in the world. Period." UM WHATEVER Jay!

She also saluted Lauryn Hill ,Donna Summer and Whitney Houston.
Check out a few pics from the performance and a few of the outfit changes:










Even her band got in on the Twitpic action.
Video of her "End of Time" opening:

A shot of Bey's set list for the night:
Here's a video for her single "End of time"

And her sketches for the performance looks:

Well alright Miss Bey


Usher Admits To Having “Many Women” In GQ Interview
Chart topping R&B singer Usher, who’s currently in a heated custody battle with his ex-wife Tameka Raymond sat down with GQ magazine and talked about his opinion on love and relationships. Read some of his thoughts below.

“What were my issues? Well maybe not locking into one relationship! I was a little bit more… experimental. I’ve had many women. And I understand how to deal with a lot of different ones… But it is complicated when your reality is a fantasy. Fame is the modern double-edged sword.”
“So, puh-lease, in no way, shape, form or fashion should you ever put them in the same box or category. But I’ve learned what women like. Confidence. And I’ve learned there is a softness that only a woman can possess. And you begin to see it when they have something, like a child, to love.”


New Video: Mary J. Blige – ‘Don’t Mind’

R&B singer Mary J. Blige has returned with a video for her latest single “Don’t Mind”, the fourth track to be released from her album My Life II…The Journey Continues (Act 1). Listen:
I loves my Mary J


Kola Boof and her so-called True Hollywood Stories
The time Kola Boof went to a party at Arensio Hall's house...




This is idiot is SUSPECT!


THIS IS HANNIBAL THE CANNIBAL DOWN in Miami!
This is the first look at the naked homeless man who ate another man's face while high on a new potent form of LSD.
Rudy Eugene, 31, pictured in an old police mugshot was shot dead in Miami, Florida yesterday following the horrific attack where he ripped pieces of flesh from his victim.
His victim, another naked homeless man, was in a serious condition in a Miami hospital today suffering from 'some of the worst injuries staff had ever encountered'.
A cyclist described the terrifying moment he witnessed a naked man tear pieces of flesh from another man's face at the side of a freeway before being shot dead by police when he refused to stop.
Larry Vega, from Miami, was cycling off the MacArthur Causeway on Saturday afternoon when he saw the savage attack, which he described as 'the most gruesome, traumatic thing I have ever seen in my life'.
He told WSVN: 'The guy was like tearing him to pieces with his mouth and I told him to get off. But the guy just kept eating the other guy away, like ripping his skin.
'A police officer came over, told him several times to get off then climbed over the divider and got in front of him and said, "Get off!" But the guy just stood his head up like that with a piece of flesh in his mouth and growled.'


I believe Eugene was high on a potent form of LSD at the time.
His victim is in hospital recovering from his injuries which are said to be some of the most horrific staff have ever encountered.
Images taken from a Miami Herald surveillance camera show the legs of the two men lying beneath a freeway underpass.
Mr Vega described the crime scene - which he compared to a horror movie: 'It was just a blob of blood. You couldn't really see, it was just blood all over the place.
'It was one of the most gruesome things I have ever seen in my life in person. You know, you see these things in the movies but when you see it in person, it's pretty traumatic.'

video:

Armando Aguilar of the Miami Fraternal Order of Police told WSVN: 'What's happening is whenever we see that a person has taken all of his clothes off and has become violent, it’s indicative of this excited delirium that's caused by overdose of drugs.
'What's happening is inside their body their organs are burning up alive.'
A woman notified a police officer nearby that she had seen two men fighting, witnesses told The Miami Herald.

In the barrage of gunfire, the naked man was killed, collapsing face-down on the pedestrian walkway right by the Herald's parking garage.
Javier Ortiz, a police spokesman, said that based on information he's received, the officer who fired the shots 'is a hero and saved a life'.
There were no weapons found near the two naked men, leading them to believe that the attacker used his own strength to subdue his victim.
'There are other ways to injure people,' Sergeant Altarr William told The Herald.
'Some people know martial arts, others are very strong and can kill you with their hands.'

MacArthur Causeway is a major route that connects downtown Miami to popular South Beach.
Traffic clogged the area for hours as people used the route to descend into South Beach for Urban Beach Week, an annual festival dedicated to hip-hop music.


AND FINALLY FROM THE PEOPLE SHOPPING AT WALMART FILES
“She Showed Me Her Boobies”
It’s cool, guys don’t bother looking at a woman’s face when they flash them anyway, this just saves us the trouble.



BE WELL ALL!!!
EFREM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers