5/17/12

Black Lesbian Couple in Michigan Victim of a HATE CRIME!!


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER 

Black Lesbian Couple Victim of a HATE CRIME!!

.


A mobile home caught fire in Novi. One woman who lived there says it may have been a hate crime.
"We are in a homosexual relationship, but we are human beings," said Tawana Williams.
She and Stacy Baker say their marital home was purposely burned to the ground while they were celebrating their honeymoon in Vegas.
"Our wedding gifts are still in there. My gown, I just got it from David's Bridal, it's still in there. My home office, the printer. Now I'm just like thinking about everything I lost," said Baker.

Pictures from a FOX 2 viewer show their home in Novi Meadows completely engulfed in flames.
"My neighbor called me Saturday night and she said, 'Stacy, where are you?' And I said, 'I'm on my honeymoon in Las Vegas.' And she said, 'Your house is engulfed.'"
Police plastered arson signs outside the home and told the homeowners an accelerant was used to fan the flames, but it is what was written inside the house the makes this crime that much more serious.
"Might be, allegedly be a hate crime and some references to me and my partner's sexuality," Baker explained.

Video: 


She says the evil threats and slurs were written inside the home, phrases so vile they can't be used on television, written on the refrigerator, the walls, and in the couple's bedroom.
The fire was so intense, Williams and Baker are not even allowed to go back inside. They are staying at a hotel until they figure out what's next.
"Is this what we went back and forth to work for to end up in a hotel with two outfits that we took on vacation," said Baker.
"I'll pray for whoever did this to us," Williams said.

Police won't give up too much information about what happened because they don't want to jeopardize their case, but they do say anyone with information should call Novi police.

1 comment:

  1. Novi is a suburb of Detroit, which is my home town and YES......the "conservative right" folks STILL act CRAZY.....and one thing to note is NOVI is a predominately CAUCASIAN suburb that still have racial discriminatory over/under/inner/outertones that can't be denied!!

    It is truly sad to see that these people who work HARD to acquire and build a life for themselves have it taken from them by BIGOTRY and HATE!! The alarming thing is those who HATE STILL CLAIM..."THEY LOVE THE SINNER BUT HATE THE SIN"..... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm can't tell the difference!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers