5/9/12

Black School Board Member Calls Trayvon Martin A “F*ggot”



FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER 
Black School Board Member Calls Trayvon Martin A “F*ggot”

A member of the Compton Unified School District has been recorded calling Trayvon Martin a “fa---t black dude,” during a podcast interview. Skyy D. Fisher, who commented on the case via Southern California news station, KTLA, called in to a separate interview and unleashed a reprehensible rant with no apparent prodding. He also the targeted local Superintendent Karen Frison, calling her a “b---h.”
Fisher's comments are obviously drawing outrage from community members, all of whom have been touched by the slaying of the unarmed teen back in February. In the interview posted on YouTube, Fisher brags about how wearing a hoodie will help him earn points in the court of public opinion. "In solidarity with this Trayvon Martin b---h, I'm trying to get on the news, so I'm wearing a hoodie at the whole board meeting," he starts. "It's the perfect publicity stunt! I'm going to wear a hoodie, and the news is going to come out and I'm going to announce my candidacy for City Council, goddammit."

The disgraced school official also makes mention of Martin's accused killer, George Zimmerman, who is facing second-degree murder charges for the shooting. The 28-year-old, who has used self-defense as the reasoning behind the shooting, has been pegged as a racist, claims of which were further solidified after and old Myspace page was uncovered by the Miami Herald. “That white dude that killed that fa---t black dude in Florida. I'm going to go out and try to search for this [inaudible]," he says. “If you all see that George Zimmerman b---h, tell him I'm looking for him."
Well after the pressure came on him. Fisher has brought somewhat of an apology; Skyy Fisher, the Compton, Calif. school board member who called Trayvon Martin a “fa**ot,” is explaining his poor choice of words apologized for his actions and explained the motivation behind such defamatory comments.
First and foremost, my deep regret notwithstanding, I realize that I must take the time to address the underlying issues that have brought me to this point, my abuse of alcohol. As a result, I will be taking a leave of absence from my duties as a member of the Compton Unified Board of Trustees for the next 60 days to allow time for me to address a range of personal and health related issues and to seek treatment. I want to express my deep regret for recent statements that I made and others that have been attributed to me concerning the late Trayvon Martin, Compton Unified School District Interim Superintendent Karen Frison and a Compton Unified School District student and her family. I want to apologize to the individuals in question, their families and their friends. I understand and am deeply sorry for the unwarranted pain and emotional distress that my ill-conceived and inappropriate remarks caused them to experience.
I apologize for my use of the f-word and the b-word. I have never been homophobic and I do not condone disrespecting women and calling them out of their name. I also want to apologize to my colleagues on the Compton Unified School District Board of Trustees, District employees and especially, to the students and community that we are privileged to serve. My comments have created an unnecessary distraction for a District on the brink of transformation and I know comes as a disappointment to my supporters and everyone engaged in the important work of educating Compton's students. Again, I want to apologize to everyone affected by my remarks and respectfully request patience, forbearance and privacy while I undertake this journey.
Fisher will not be fired for his words, and has been granted a three-month leave of absence in wake of the scandal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers