9/28/21

The Daily Buzz For Sep 29 ☕πŸ“°☕

  FOLLOW US ON TWITTER!

Will Smith for GQ UK - November 2021!
(From GQ) For decades, he worked tirelessly to make himself the biggest movie star on the planet. Then he hit his “fuck-it 50s” and everything changed. Now, as he prepares a raw new memoir and a pair of films tackling racial themes, Will Smith is ready to speak his truth.
​​It has been a long, miserable day by the time Will Smith makes his way through the Louisiana mud past hundreds of extras. A positive (false, as it turned out) COVID test on set this morning meant a new round of nasal swabs for everyone. And a series of thunderstorms has delayed today’s shoot for hours—a 30-minute pause is mandated each and every time that lightning strikes, and there have already been dozens.
Nothing has been easy about the making of Emancipation, an Apple TV+ project that tells the story of “Whipped Peter,” the Black man whose tattered back is depicted in one of the most famous photos of an enslaved American. The movie was originally slated to shoot in Georgia, but filming was relocated in response to the state’s attempt to pass new voting restrictions. The current location, deep in the muck about an hour from New Orleans, requires a near daily battle with the terrain. By the time I showed up in mid-July, production was already behind schedule. “We’re at the mercy of Mother Nature,” director Antoine Fuqua told me. “The heat, rainstorms, lightning, mosquitoes, the swamp with alligators.”

And then, of course, there is the subject matter. As I watch the filming from a few feet away, Smith stands beneath a massive railway bridge the enslaved men are being forced to construct. Smoke from the nearby campfires sticks to the skyline above, and the camera catches Smith’s character conspiring in whispers with his fellow workers about how they might find freedom, just out of earshot of their Confederate captors.

“I’ve always avoided making films about slavery,” Smith had told me about an hour earlier as we sat in a production trailer. “In the early part of my career… I didn’t want to show Black people in that light. I wanted to be a superhero. So I wanted to depict Black excellence alongside my white counterparts. I wanted to play roles that you would give to Tom Cruise. And the first time I considered it was Django. But I didn’t want to make a slavery film about vengeance.”
Emancipation is different. It would be a disservice to think of it as a “slavery movie,” Smith explained to me. It’s going to be a David Lean–style epic, he said, with the flavor of an action flick. More Apocalypto than 12 Years a Slave. The story itself is not (just) about the dehumanizing violence of slavery, it’s also about perseverance. Peter is believed to have escaped the Confederacy in 1863 after a harrowing 10-day journey through the Louisiana bayou, joined Lincoln’s army, and then returned to the South to help free those he’d left behind. It’s a difficult story to tell, an even harder one to tell well, and exactly the type that, at this juncture in his life and career, the 53-year-old Smith is yearning to put out into the world.

“This was one that was about love and the power of Black love,” Smith said. “And that was something that I could rock with. We were going to make a story about how Black love makes us invincible.”

For decades, Will Smith was driven by the desire to be the biggest movie star on earth—early in his career, he even came up with a formula based on the top 10 box office successes of all time. He achieved that goal so effortlessly, ruling the July Fourth weekend from 1996 (Independence Day) to 2008 (Hancock), that it’s easy to forget how unlikely it was for a rapper turned actor. But over the last 10 years, as Smith has become increasingly focused on evolving as a human being, a gulf has emerged between Will Smith the movie star and Will Smith the man.

We’ve gotten glimpses of his efforts to close that gap in moments like last year’s Fresh Prince of Bel-Air reunion, when he sat down with the actor Janet Hubert and admitted culpability in her departure from the sitcom. There was also his appearance on his wife Jada Pinkett Smith’s Red Table Talk Facebook show where he opened up about some of the most intimate details of their marriage, which birthed a red-eyed internet meme to rival the Crying Jordan. He’s embraced social media—a young man’s game—with the fervor of the aspiring actor he once was, not the global superstar he is today. And in November, he’ll publish a memoir that reveals new information about his troubled relationship with his father, his adventures in self-actualization during what he calls “the fuck-it 50s,” and the ups and downs of his relationship with Jada.
Get more at GQ!


#RHOA: IT’S OFFICIAL! Cynthia Bailey announces she will not be returning to ‘RHOA!’
“Thank you to my Real Housewives of Atlanta castmates for eleven of the most unbelievable years of my life,” Bailey wrote.

Cynthia Bailey announced in an Instagram message on Monday that she is leaving the Real Housewives of Atlanta.
Bailey has been on the hit Bravo reality series for 11 seasons. In her post, she noted that she has “made the very difficult and heartfelt decision not to return for the next season of Real Housewives of Atlanta.”
She continued, “Thank you NBC Universal, Bravo, and Truly Original for over a decade of partnership. I can’t wait to see what we do next! Thank you to my Real Housewives of Atlanta castmates for eleven of the most unbelievable years of my life; and the most incredible & UNFORGETTABLE memories!”

Bailey will appear on Real Housewives’ spinoff, Ultimate Girls Trip, which was filmed in Turks and Caicos and is slated to air on Peacock later this year. The show features fellow RHOA star Kenya Moore, as well as Kyle Richards from Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, Teresa Giudice and Melissa Gorga of Real Housewives of New Jersey, and Real Housewives of New York City‘s Luann de Lesseps and Ramona Singer.
“I am so grateful to have had this amazing journey, and I am anxiously waiting to embark on new adventures,” wrote Bailey in her Instagram post.
“Most importantly, THANK YOU to my fans! I could not have done it without your blessings, love, and support. Without the fans, none of this would be possible. I love and appreciate all of you.” she added.
“It’s time to move on to my next chapter, and I look forward to sharing it with all of you,” she concluded.

Bravo also posted about Bailey’s RHOA exit on Twitter, writing in part: “We’re wishing @cynthiabailey the best on her next adventures after #RHOA.”
Bailey hinted that she wouldn’t be returning to RHOA during her appearance on The Wendy Williams Show in June.
“Word on the street is I may be out of a job,” she said.

“Here’s the thing, nobody really wants to be fired,” she continued. “I mean, my first job was Taco Bell. I wouldn’t want to be fired from there. I would want the option to leave if I wanted to go. God’s will, not my will, will be done. I have had an amazing run. It’s been 11 amazing years as a consistent peach-holder.”

As previously reported that The Real Housewives of Atlanta has been on a bit of a hiatus since ending season 13 in May. Since then, the women have been busy, with Kenya Moore joining Dancing with the Stars, Porsha Williams filming a spin-off series for Bravo, and Kandi Burruss producing a play on Broadway.
Former Olympian Sanya Richards-Ross may be in talks to join the show, which has not begun filming. According to a report from LoveBScott, Bravo producers are eyeing Richards-Ross to be a peach holder. As a four-time Olympic gold medalist, Richards-Ross would be a major get for the series. After moving to the US at age 12 from Jamaica, she was named the National High School Female Athlete of the Year and USA Track and Field Youth Athlete of the Year in her senior year.

Casting rumors surrounding The Real Housewives of Atlanta have circulated for some time now, with RHOA OG ShereΓ© Whitfield rumored to possibly make her second return to the series.

According to a source close to production, Marlo Hampton has bumped up from “friend” of the housewives to full-time cast member.


#MusicNews: #RIPπŸŒΊπŸ’”πŸ™πŸ˜₯ Singer/Songwriter Andrea Martin Has Passed Away!
Singer/Songwriter/Producer Andrea Martin has died today, it has been revealed on her official Instagram page. The artist and musician was only 49 years old and no official cause was given.

Martin is most known for her work as a songwriter, including the impressive run of R&B hits she was behind in the 90’s. Some of those songs include: Monica – Before You Walk Out of My Life, SWV – You’re The One, Toni Braxton – I Love Me Some Him, En Vogue – Don’t Let Go (Love), and Angie Stone – Wish I Didn’t Miss You.

Her run of success continued into the late 2000’s as well. She had a hand in rolling out Melanie Fiona to the masses by penning her hits “It Kills Me” and “Give It To Me Right”. She also scored a huge Pop hit with Leona Lewis on “Better in Time”. A few years later, she landed a hit single with Fantasia with “Lose to Win”.

She also began a career as a solo artist in the late 90’s and released the album “The Best of Me” in 1998 along with the single “Let Me Return the Favor”. Through the years, she continued to put out music of her own, which unfortunately never reached the heights of the songs she wrote for others.

Rest in Peace Andrea Martin.


#HipHopNews: YIKESπŸ‘€πŸ˜²! Trina & Trick Daddy Radio Show Has Been Pulled From The Airwaves!
Trina and Trick Daddy’s morning radio show on Miami’s 99JAMZ is being taken off the air, according to The Jasmine Brand. There’s little information currently out there as far as the reasoning behind the show’s cancellation.

While either of the Miami rap luminaries are yet to comment on their morning show being taken off the air, Trina has posted numerous cryptic stories regarding friendship.
“Sometimes you gotta leave your friends behind,” Trina posted to her Instagram Story. “They are stuck in a place of going nowhere. That’s not the energy I need around me. Stay Away. Respectfully. Pls don’t txt me or call me if it’s not about leveling up or making a shift toward greatness.”

A recent clip was used as part of a Love & Hip Hop scene showing Trina getting testy with Trick Daddy and walking off the set of one of their radio shows earlier this year. Trina was upset surrounding the anniversary of her younger brother’s death, who was murdered in April of 2013.
“I’m not in a good mood today,” she explained. “It’s just one of these days, I’m just not in a good mood. Every year this day, I have the worst anxiety of the day right now. At 9:51, my little brother was killed and I don’t want to talk about none of this shit today. Not no work, no radio, nothing. I don’t wanna talk about it, I don’t care!”


M.A.C. Announces Makeup Line with The Whitney Houston's Estate!
In a surprising move, MAC announced that a collaboration with Whitney Houston is on it’s way.
via: People
Following the news that a biopic of the record-breaking musician (who died on Feb. 11, 2012) is underway with the title I Wanna Dance with Somebody, PEOPLE can exclusively announce that the beauty brand has inked a long-term, multi-faceted partnership with the Whitney Houston Estate.

M.A.C. Cosmetics is set to launch a collection in 2022 as part of the collaboration, and will support the biopic by recreating some of Whitney’s most memorable beauty looks for the film. The brand will continue to celebrate the music icon through upcoming projects, which will be announced at a later date.
“The idea that is coming to fruition now is something Whitney always wanted to do,” Whitney’s sister-in-law and former manager, Pat Houston, tells PEOPLE exclusively of the M.A.C. Cosmetics collection. “I’m pleased we can do something that I know she would have loved. We are just starting on this collaboration but exciting things are coming!”

“Whitney was always a champion of women feeling beautiful whether it was a major event or just for everyday wear, our work with M.A.C. is about creating a line that can meet all of those needs. The line will be true to her colors that she loved to work with,” Pat shares, adding that Whitney “loved working with colors on the lips and eyes, that iconic red lip was always a favorite of hers.”

Throughout her career, the six-time Grammy winner embraced of-the-moment beauty trends. Some of our favorites? Her beautiful natural hair texture and neon eyeshadow in the ’80s, her face-framing haircut and brown lipstick in the ’90s and her blonde shag and dewy complexion in the early aughts.
“Whitney absolutely loved makeup,” Pat tells PEOPLE. “She was exposed to cosmetics at a young age when she started modeling in her teens. And then of course she saw so many iconic women around her growing up — including her mother, Cissy Houston — and watched how they used makeup in their beauty routines. She loved to use makeup as part of her art.”

When asked about Whitney’s bold blue eyeshadow on her “Greatest Love of All” cover art (one of the star’s most famous makeup looks ever), Pat says her friend was “never afraid to take a chance” when it came to her image.


Simone Biles on pushing herself to compete: 'I should have quit way before Tokyo'!
Simone Biles is getting candid about the Summer Olympics, sharing that she "should have quit way before Tokyo" and opening up about the role that the abuse by former USA Gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar played in her mentally challenging days.

"If you looked at everything I've gone through for the past seven years, I should have never made another Olympic team," she said in an interview with The Cut, sharing that Nassar's relevance in the media played a big part in holding her back. "It was too much. But I was not going to let him take something I've worked for since I was 6 years old. I wasn’t going to let him take that joy away from me. So I pushed past that for as long as my mind and my body would let me."
Prior to the Olympics, Biles had spoken about the responsibility that she felt to perform as a member of the U.S. Gymnastics team after the organization had failed to protect athletes from sexual abuse, including herself. She even told Glamour magazine that despite wanting to give up, she was inclined to stay with the organization to serve as a reminder of the work that needs to be done to improve its abusive culture. Still, she wouldn't have imagined the toll that the pressure would have on both her body and mind when it came to her Olympic performance.

"It was hard to be in the gym mentally some days," Biles said, sharing that she had been attending therapy to work through those challenges. When it came time to head to Tokyo, she felt she was prepared. "I'm good enough to go," she recalls telling her therapist. "And they were like, ‘Yes, you're good enough to go and do your stuff, but you have to come back.' And I was like, 'Nah, I'm good.'"

Still, Biles felt a build-up of anxiety as it came time to compete. After her performance on vault and her decision to not continue competing, she assures it wasn't just a mood that led her there. "If I still had my air awareness, and I just was having a bad day, I would have continued. But it was more than that," she said. "My perspective has never changed so quickly from wanting to be on a podium to wanting to be able to go home, by myself, without any crutches."

The phenomenon of losing her way through the elements that she's practiced countless times before is difficult to explain. As soon as she couldn't perform properly, however, she knew what was at stake.
"I was not physically capable. Every avenue we tried, my body was like, Simone, chill. Sit down. We’re not doing it. And I've never experienced that," she explained. "It's so dangerous. It's basically life or death. It’s a miracle I landed on my feet. If that was any other person, they would have gone out on a stretcher. As soon as I landed that vault, I went and told my coach: 'I cannot continue.'"

But as the greatest gymnast of all time and the most decorated at just 24 years old, her skill is just as unexplainable.
"It's kind of unheard of to win as many things as I have. I don't physically understand how I do it," she said of her abilities. "It was a God-given talent."

As difficult as it's been to foster that talent, Biles is coming to terms with the fact that it will be just as difficult to work on the toll that the sport has taken on her mental health.

"This will probably be something I work through for 20 years. No matter how much I try to forget. It's a work in progress," she said. "It does mean sacrificing some of that stardom. But at the end of the day, you can’t have it all. And if you take care of your mental well-being first, the rest will fall into place."
In the process, she has even become a voice for those struggling with mental health, proving that it takes an immense amount of strength to veer from people's expectations of her.

"I wouldn't change anything because everything happens for a reason. And I learned a lot about myself — courage, resilience, how to say no and speak up for yourself," she said, reminding herself that she is still the GOAT. "At the end of the day, to accomplish everything I've done? That talent probably cannot be matched yet. Looking at my stats, especially in gymnastics, where it’s so injury-filled — I've never had a huge injury stop me from a big meet. To be so healthy for so many years? That never happens. It'll be a long time for somebody to accomplish what I've accomplished."


Miguel and Nazanin Mandi separate after 17 years together!
Miguel and his wife Nazanin Mandi are going their separate ways, People reports. The outlet broke the news on Monday (Sept. 27) that the couple of 17 years has split.
“After 17 years together, Miguel and Nazanin Mandi have decided to separate and have been [separated] for some time now,” a representative for Miguel and Nazanin told the outlet. “The couple both wish each other well.”
Miguel and Nazanin first began dating around 2005 and announced they were engaged in January of 2016. The pair was married two years later at the Hummingbird Nest Ranch in Santa Susana, California.

This past March, Nazanin spoke to People about how she and Miguel kept their romantic “spark” alive during months of quarantining at home together last year.
“We were used to being around each other a lot, but then we were also used to traveling a lot,” the Dreamcatcher actress said. “So keeping the spark alive was definitely something we had to stay on... because when you’re in different cities, it’s automatic to feel excitement.”

“But being home [together] all the time, it’s like, ‘Okay, we have to find new things to watch and to do and to read,’” she continued. “It was a lot, but overall we did great. I have no complaints [and] am grateful for everything.”

This May, Miguel also spoke with the outlet about prioritizing his mental health and his past struggles with depression.
“My own mental wellness and peace of mind really didn’t become a priority until I found myself making decisions in a lot of different areas in my life that weren’t rewarding and were affecting my relationships with my family and my closest friends,” he explained.

“Social media is definitely one of those places... [where it’s] challenging... to maintain your own sense of self-worth, when it can be quantified by how many likes you get for a photograph or a piece of content...” he added. “Everyone is susceptible, we’re all human beings. It took me stepping away from it and really trying to understand it to at least be able to set my priorities.”

The couple appeared together in Miguel’s “So I Lie” music video earlier this year.


Hot or Not? Rihanna Rocks a plunging navy blue jumpsuit in New York City!
They recently hit the red carpet in quirky duvet-style ensembles at the Met Gala last week.
And Rihanna and A$AP Rocky had yet more flair to share on Saturday night, as they were spotted heading out of an after-party in New York looking typically stylish.

The singer, 33, looked stunning in her navy blue jumpsuit, which she teamed with gold court heels.
Rihanna's party ensemble boasted long sleeves, flare trousers and a plunging neckline.
The Wild Thoughts songstress accessorised the glamorous look with a chunky gold cross necklace and large hoop earrings, while she carried her essentials in a small navy purse.
The star styled her raven locks into tight curls, while she sported a glamorous palette of makeup in bronzed tones.
Meanwhile, her rapper beau, 32, cut a hip figure in a pair of black leather jeans, which he teamed with a khaki jacket.
The Sundress hitmaker teamed his night out look with a graphic white and neon green T-shirt, while he stepped out in what looked like black space boots.
He strolled along beside his girlfriend after enjoying the party at Soho House in the Lower East Side, New York.


Kim Kardashian’s Balenciaga Met Gala Look Is Now a Halloween Costume for 99.00$
Arguably the spookiest look at this year’s Met Gala can now be your go-to Halloween costume.
Kim Kardashian’s Balenciaga Met Gala Look has been transformed into a trick-or-treater’s dream thanks to online fashion retailer Yandy.

The company launched a $99.99 costume inspired by Kim’s all-black ensemble called “Mystery Guest Gala Costume,” which comes with a black mask to match. The “breathable” black hood is sold with a tube dress, floor-length cape, opaque tights and long gloves.
“Glimmering gowns had their fashion moment, and we’re here for it, but look who paved the way for statement-making avant-garde,” a description from the Yandy site reads. “Heart eyes for dress code perfection with all black everything from this concealed, Calabasas queen. Dark, dramatic, and ever so obscure, flaunt your couture-kissed curves like an A-list celeb in this exclusive Mystery Gala Guest costume.”
Kim Kardashian and Young Thug Among Those Tapped for ‘Saturday Night Live’ Season 47
The website also sells several other pop-culture inspired looks, which you can check out online here.

Of course, Kim’s Met Gala Balenciaga look inspired plenty of memes during the star-studded event, from Harry Potter comparisons to fans comparing her to the “women bathroom sign,” but all in all, it’s likely going to be a pretty popular get-up during this year’s spooky festivities.


Adrienne Warren Lands Exciting New Movie Role After Winning a Tony Award!
Adrienne Warren has landed her next big role! Hot off her win for Best Actress in a Musical at last night’s Tony Awards, the 34-year-old actress has been cast opposite Viola Davis in the upcoming movie The Woman King.

THR reports that the movie “is inspired by true events that took place in the Kingdom of Dahomey, one of the most powerful states of Africa in the 18th and 19th centuries. The story follows Nanisca (Davis), general of an all-female military unit, and Nawi (The Underground Railroad‘s Thuso Mbedu), an ambitious recruit, who together fight enemies who violated their honor, enslaved their people and threatened to destroy everything they’ve lived for.”
Adrienne has landed the role of one of “the warriors in Nanisca’s elite unit.” Olivier Award-winning actress Sheila Atim has also been cast as one of the warriors.

Lashana Lynch and John Boyega will also star in the movie!


MSNBC's Tiffany Cross Underwent a Full Hysterectomy to End Her 'Debilitating' Pain from Fibroids!
For years, MSNBC's Tiffany Cross dealt with "debilitating" pain that she only recently learned was a condition called fibroids — and she's sharing her experience to help other women avoid the same discomfort.
The host of Cross Connection, 42, dedicated a portion of her show on Sunday to discussing her experience getting diagnosed with, and treating, her fibroids, a common and painful condition where noncancerous growths form on the uterus.

"For years I lived with intense debilitating and shooting pain," Cross said. "I endured extremely heavy periods and despite my best working out efforts I had a constantly protruding stomach. After hours in an emergency room one day after convincing doctors that there was actually something wrong with me, I discovered that what I was dealing with was not so uncommon at all. Just like more than 25 million other women, I had fibroid tumors."

Cross had hoped that she could just live with her "five grapefruit-sized" tumors "and maybe the pain would go away, but it never did." Instead, she developed other symptoms, like hair loss, which pushed her to finally address the condition.

The journalist learned that she had two options — a surgeon could cut around the fibroids as a temporary fix that would enable her to still have children before undergoing another surgery, or she could get a full hysterectomy.
"They could remove my uterus entirely and the fibroids and painful periods would be gone. But so too would my ability to carry children," Cross said. "I was already over 40, I wasn't married and I had never met this baby I was supposed to have. So, was I to live with pain, go bald and slice my body in half twice? I made the decision that was best for me and opted to have a full hysterectomy."

Cross said the process was still more complicated — she wasn't yet employed full-time, so she didn't have health insurance. She ended up enrolling in Obamacare and had the surgery as soon as it took effect.

During this experience, Cross started researching fibroids and learned that Black women experience them at a disproportionately higher rate than others. According to a report from the University of Michigan, nearly a quarter of Black women between the ages of 18 and 30 have fibroids, while that's true of just 6% of white women. And by age 35, 60% of Black women have fibroids.
She also found that hysterectomies are recommended to Black women more often when there are other, less intrusive options that don't leave as much of a scar, something that has bothered Cross.

"I had a scar as a result of the hysterectomy, and I was so ashamed about it and self-conscious about it," she said. "And how I knew this problem was so prevalent is because, you know, when other women I would talk to them they would say, oh, let me see your scar. Look at my scar."
Cross encouraged women to see their doctors if they're dealing with uterine pain.

"Like I said, everybody's different. I had five grapefruit sized fibroids that had to be removed. Some people have smaller more or less, so everybody's different," she said. "Please talk to your healthcare professional."


‘The View’ Co-Hosts Sunny Hostin And Ana Navarro Cleared To Return After False-Positive COVID-19 Tests!
As previously reported, a scheduled interview with Vice President Kamala Harris on “The View” was delayed Friday after two of the show’s co-hosts were asked to exit mid-broadcast because they “tested positive” for COVID-19.
During the show, Sunny Hostin and Ana Navarro were asked to leave the set with the remaining anchors subsequently explaining that Hostin and Navarro had tested positive. The panelists were just moments away from introducing Vice President Kamala Harris to the show for an in-person interview in their New York City studio. Harris, who had planned to join the table, was later interviewed remotely from another room inside ABC’s building about 10 minutes before the show wrapped.

According to the latest update by an ABC Insider, Sunny Hostin, and Ana Navarro have actually been cleared to return to the table at “The View” following false-positive COVID-19 tests, Page Six reports.

Ana Navarro has spoken out to tell critics to “keep on hating” after experiencing a COVID-19 scare, the Los Angeles Times reported. Sunny has yet to publicly react to all the chaos. However, most likely she will during Monday’s show.


Brian Laundrie's Family Called The Police After Dog The Bounty Hunter Showed Up On Their Property!
Brian Laundrie's parents called the police on Duane "Dog the Bounty Hunter" Chapman after he showed up at their Florida home over the weekend, police confirmed to Insider Monday.
The North Port Police Department responded to a 911 call from Laundrie's family on Saturday. The family said Chapman was on the property of their North Port home, Josh Taylor, a spokesman for the police department, said.

The reality-TV star, who has joined the search to find Laundrie, the fiancΓ© of Gabby Petito, was seen knocking on the door of the Laundrie family home on Saturday.
"We did not tell him to leave," Taylor told Insider in reference to Chapman. "He left on his own."
In an interview with Fox News on Monday, Chapman said "it's a shame" that Laundrie's family "wouldn't speak with us."

"The police said we were welcome to knock on the door so we did," Chapman said. "I wanted to tell the Laundries that our goal is to find Brian and bring him in alive."
Laundrie, 23, has been the subject of a massive search since his parents reported him missing to police on September 17 - just two days after he was named a person of interest in the disappearance of the 22-year-old Petito.

His parents told police that Laundrie went out for a hike at Sarasota County's Carlton Reserve with only a backpack three days earlier and never returned to their North Port home.
Authorities have been searching the 25,000-acre nature preserve for more than a week for Laundrie. But Taylor told Insider on Monday that search efforts there would be "scaled back" this week.

Petito's body was found at a remote campsite in Wyoming on September 19, and her death was later ruled a homicide, according to a coroner's initial findings.
Last week, a federal court in Wyoming issued an arrest warrant for Laundrie in connection with the case.

Chapman said in a "Fox & Friends" interview on Monday that he had gotten more than 1,000 tips since he joined the search for Laundrie.
"We're going through all those leads right now," Chapman said. "I would say within 48 hours, we probably will have a location where we start the tracking at."

Laundrie and Petito set out on a cross-country road trip from New York on July 2, and Laundrie returned to Florida on September 1 with the van the couple was traveling in but without Petito


President Biden gets his Pfizer booster shotπŸ’‰!
President Biden received his COVID-19 booster shot on camera Monday afternoon, a few days after the head of the federal agency responsible for determining eligibility expanded booster access for several groups based on age, health and occupation.

Biden, 78, had received his first two doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine in January, ahead of his inauguration. The booster he received was also a Pfizer shot.
On Friday, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Rochelle Walensky broke from peer recommendations and announced that several groups, including those over 65 years of age, adults with certain preexisting health conditions and those at increased risk due to their living and work conditions, had emergency authorization to receive a booster shot.

Walensky said she made the decision in part to protect frontline workers disproportionately affected by the pandemic.
“Withholding access for boosters from these people and communities would only worsen the inequities that I have committed to fight against,” she said Friday, later adding that the decision was “a scientific close call.”

“In that situation, it was my call to make,” she said.
Biden told the press that his wife, Jill, will also receive her booster shot. Vice President Kamala Harris, as well as her husband, Doug Emhoff, received the Moderna vaccine and are not yet eligible for a booster.
“I know it doesn't look like it, but I am over 65 — way over,” the president joked. “And that’s why I am getting my booster shot today.”

While Biden pushed for all who are eligible to receive a “safe and effective” booster shot, he repeated his refrain that “this is a pandemic of the unvaccinated,” stressing once more that the country will not be able to move past the pandemic unless more Americans receive the vaccine.

“Boosters are important, but the most important thing we need to do is get more people vaccinated,” Biden said.
He announced that he’d be traveling to Chicago later this week to encourage private businesses to get workers vaccinated. His public booster vaccination comes among many attempts from the White House to ratchet up COVID mitigation efforts.

In the past few months, Biden mandated vaccinations for all federal workers and many contractors, reinstated mask wearing on White House grounds and threatened to withhold federal funding from nursing homes that did not require employees to be vaccinated.


Krispy Kreme Introduces Cinnamon Rolls!
Get your tastebuds ready! Krispy Kreme is adding a new addition to its menu, and no, it’s not a unique doughnut flavor. This time around, the beloved sweet treats brand is dishing out its first-ever cinnamon rolls.

Starting September 27, for a limited time at participating shops across the U.S., fans can enjoy Krispy Kreme’s cinnamon rolls which are available in two ways! The Original Glazed Cinnamon Roll is yeast-raised dough, hand-rolled with cinnamon and then glazed to perfection. And, the Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cinnamon Roll is yeast-raised dough, handrolled with cinnamon, then glazed and topped with Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal and finished with a cereal milk icing swirl.

“These are exceptional and unique cinnamon rolls. Light and airy, covered in our one and only Original Glaze and topped with Cinnamon Toast Crunch, these are the best cinnamon rolls you’ll ever taste,” said Dave Skena, Chief Marketing Officer for Krispy Kreme.

The cinnamon rolls are available individually or in a special four pack, in-shop and online at participating locations.
 
 
Civil Lawsuit Against Bill Cosby Is Proceeding!
 
According to reports, a motions hearing is scheduled for Thursday at the Santa Monica Courthouse in connection with Judy Huth’s lawsuit against Bill Cosby. The Canyon Lake woman alleges Cosby sexually assaulted her at the Playboy Mansion in 1974 when she was 15-years-old.
 
Huth is one of several women across the U.S. who accused the 84-year-old entertainer of sexual assault. Jurors in April 2018 found Cosby guilty of drugging and sexually assaulting Andrea Constand at his Philadelphia home. He was imprisoned until his conviction was vacated this year by the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania for violations of Cosby’s Fifth and 14th amendment due process rights.
 
Cosby, “vehemently proclaims his innocence” in the Huth case per his publicist and crisis manager Andrew Wyatt. For that reason, the comedian plans to continue invoking his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination with this civil lawsuit.


Missing Louisiana toddler Nevaeh Allen found dead; mom’s boyfriend arrested!
A Louisiana man has been charged in the death of his girlfriend’s 2-year-old daughter, whose body was found in Mississippi following a desperate search over the weekend, authorities said Sunday.
Nevaeh Allen was reported missing in Baton Rouge Friday afternoon after her siblings arrived home from school and noticed their apartment door was open, according to police. Her mom’s boyfriend, Phillip Gardner, reportedly told investigators that he was taking a nap earlier that day when the girl went missing.

The 30-year-old man, who was described by the family as a live-in boyfriend, became a suspect in the case and ended up in jail Saturday night on charges of unlawful disposal of remains and obstruction of justice. Hours later, police confirmed that a body found in Mississippi’s Hancock County was that of Nevaeh’s.

The toddler’s cause of death remains under investigation, with an autopsy scheduled for Tuesday.
Her mother told reporters in a tearful interview Friday that she had been working all day when her daughter went missing.

“I don’t know what’s going on. I just want my baby home,” she said.
Police have not released any details about Gardner’s alleged involvement in Nevaeh’s death, but additional charges were expected in the case as the investigation continues.

The girl’s disappearance sparked a massive, multi-agency search involving local police and fire departments, Louisiana State Police and the FBI.


‘Saturday Night Live’ Will Return Without 1 Longtime Cast Member For New Season!
When Cecily Strong submerged herself in a giant vat of wine while singing “My Way” on last season’s final episode of “Saturday Night Live,” it seemed like an almost-certain swan song.

But it turns out that Strong, as well as some other senior cast members rumored to be departing NBC’s late night sketch series ― including Kate McKinnon, Aidy Bryant, Pete Davidson, Kenan Thompson, Colin Jost and Michael Che ― will stick around for another season, the network announced on Monday.
Joining them for the 47th season will be returning faces Mikey Day, Heidi Gardner, Alex Moffat, Kyle Mooney, Ego Nwodim, Chris Redd and Melissa VillaseΓ±or. Chloe Fineman and Bowen Yang have been promoted to repertory players in the new cast, while Andrew Dismukes and Punkie Johnson will return in their roles as featured players.

Beck Bennett as Mike Pence, and Kate McKinnon as Elizabeth Warren during the cold open in Season 45.
Beck Bennett, however, will be leaving “SNL” after eight seasons. The actor confirmed his departure on Instagram, writing: “Gonna miss you so much. Thank you for eight years of remarkable people and incredible experiences that completely changed my life. I had so much fun.”

Bennett joined the series in 2013 and stands as one of the most versatile performers to come through Studio 8H, impersonating everyone from Russian President Vladimir Putin to former U.S. Vice President Mike Pence.

Featured player Lauren Holt, the youngest woman in the cast, also won’t be returning. To round out the cast, three new featured players will be welcomed: Aristotle Athari (“Silicon Valley”), James Austin Johnson (“Tuca & Bertie”) and Sarah Sherman (“The Eric Andre Show”).
Heading into Season 47, the ensemble will consist of 21 cast members ― the largest in recent history ― which will allow for flexibility in the notoriously punishing “SNL” schedule.

“Some veteran members of the cast are likely to appear less frequently than usual and will have some leeway to pursue projects outside the show,” a source told Variety, noting that cast members, including Thompson, Bryant and Strong, have launched their own shows in recent years. “The large cast should give ‘SNL’ a chance to fill absences with contributions from some of the show’s up and coming staff.”

Owen Wilson is set to host the show for the first time to open the new season, alongside Kacey Musgraves, on Oct. 2. Kim Kardashian and musical guest Halsey take over the following week, whether Debra Messing likes it or not.


AND FINALLY FROM “THE CRAZY PEOPLE SHOPPING AT WALMART” FILES
HERE COMES THE PLAGUE DOCTOR
When the Plague Doctor wants to heal you and wrestle you at the same time.


HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!
EFREM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers