9/15/14

The Daily Buzz For Sept 16



Usher Talks “Hands Of Stone,” New Album & More In FAULT Magazine
Usher‘s rockin’ a sexy shoot for the latest issue of FAULT magazine. Shot by photographer Sinisha Nisevic, the R&B crooner poses for a cover feature, as well as a few seductive shots.

In his interview, titled “The Man Who Can Do it All,” he talks his role on The Voice, his motivation for producing music that he loves, regardless of commercial success, his role in the upcoming Sugar Ray Leonard biopic, Hands of Stone, and his highly anticipated new album.

Catch his interview below..
On if her learned anything on “The Voice” that he’ll use in his own career:
Part of the reason why I did ‘The Voice’ was so people would get a chance to see a different perception of me….The more I know about life, the more I know about people, the greater the person I am, the more understanding I have about how to make music and how to do things that will grow us as people.
On if making this album was not about making commercial hits:
I don’t feel that I’ve got to sell out this tour, or sell crazy amounts of albums, or have the number one single. It’s great to have all those things, but that isn’t what I’m doing.

On his role as Sugar Ray Leonard in “Hands of Stone”:
The film revolves around a very compelling story in history. A lot of people want to know what happened with Roberto Duran and Sugar Ray Leonard during that infamous fight. Why did he quit? Why did he walk out of the ring? No one knows the truth. We address all of that. It’s going to be a great piece of work, because of everyone involved in telling this really significant part of boxing history.
I spent time with him [Sugar Ray Elonard] in Atlanta, and here in Los Angeles. We boxed together; we chilled. He became a great friend of mine, almost like a brother to me.

On his new album:
It’s still a work in progress. I’m at a place where I really just want to have fun and do what I feel is significant to me.These last three years have been the hardest times of my life. I’ve wanted to break down, I’ve wanted to quit. I’ve wanted to throw in the towel but my spirit wouldn’t allow me… The one thing the album represents is confidence. Not confidence in a cocky way, but being open about what I feel, take it or leave it. If I’m not honest about my feelings then you’ll never know how I really feel.

On who are some of the people that he’s producing and working with him on the album:
I reached out to work with people that I haven’t worked with before like Ryan Tedder, Ed Sheeran, and Skrillex. Also people who I have worked with before like Diplo…and Pharrell [Williams].
Read more in FAULT’s Issue 19 (The Millions Issue), available for pre-order now!


Kim Kardashian Confirms Pregnancy Rumors?
Grammy-winning rapper Kanye West and Kim Kardashian are, indeed, looking to expand their family by trying to have another child. According to reports, Kim confirmed the baby-having hype 

Reality TV star Kim Kardashian West and husband Kanye West definitely want a bigger family. Kim confirmed to the Australian “Today” show on Monday that they want a sibling for their 15-month-old daughter, North. “We’re trying,” the 33-year-old beauty said. “I guess it’s all in God’s hands.” (Extra TV)

Back in August, Kim showed off her daughter North West’s diamond earrings in public.

Lorraine Schwartz told E! News she gifted Kim Kardashian and Kanye West’s daughter with half carat diamond studs (total weight 1 carat) to celebrate her first birthday on June 15. “They were a gift for North’s first birthday,” said Schwartz. “She’s beautiful, a simply gorgeous little girl. I’m happy to call her my youngest client.” Schwartz supplied the couple with millions of dollars of jewelry for their big wedding in Florence, Italy in late May. (NY Post)

So????????


Musiq Soulchild’s Rap Alter Ego Viciously Slandered!
Experimentation is a necessary aspect of a musician’s growth. Change, however, comes with a possibility of failure or ridicule–the latter of which singer-songwriter Music Soulchild experienced today.
Known for hits like “Love,” “Halfcrazy,” and “Just Friends (Sunny),” the crooner has totally deviated from his soulful persona and has introduced a rap alter ego named The Husel. And he’s released a self-titled mixtape to boot.
Needless to say that the Internets very vocal [read:slanderous] when they collectively got wind of Musiq’s drastic change. We’ve included The Husel’s project below for your judgement. 

Listen:
Be sure to press play and 

Leave your thoughts in the comments.


Kanye Debuts New “Arrowhead” Hairdo, Black Twitter React (Tweets)
Kanye West is always one to implement new styles in both the music and fashion industries; however, he recently switched lanes and shook things up in the hair department as well. Ye recently went on a shopping spree throughout the area of Paddington in Sydney, Australia, with his wife Kim Kardashian West. The loving Wests were photographed by a flock of attentive paparazzi, and the most eye-catching part of their fashion quest was not Kim K’s bodacious body for once, but instead, Kanye West’s hairdo.

Ye is known for keeping a fresh, lined up cut, and rarely adds intricate designs to his ‘do, but this time, he got 6 large arrows shaved into the top, left, and right sides of his head. As you could imagine, the sight of “Arrowhead” Kanye West sparked loads of reactions from fans, with many of them joking about how his hairdo looks like the speed boosters that you drive over in the hit Nintendo game “Mario Kart,” among other things.
And now…if he likes it, I love it.


Stevie J Responds To Eviction Rumors via Instagram
Over the weekend Love and Hip Hop Atlanta star Stevie J fueled the rumors that he and Joseline had gotten evicted by filming himself driving away from their mansion in a U-Haul truck. After taking heat for getting put out Stevie J puts everyone in check.
Well alright then!


Nas, Jhene Aiko, Method Man & Kendrick Lamar Take Over ONE Musicfest
Rapper Nas turned 41 yesterday and he celebrated by hitting the stage at ONE Music Fest in Atlanta Saturday night, and partying it up at Compound afterwards. 
After hitting the stage at the ONE Musicfest Saturday night, Nas celebrated his 41st birthday at Compound nightclub.  And he was chillin’, Hennessy and cigars and all:
Before he partied it up, Nas hit the stage at ATL's ONE Musicfest, which is all about unity, at Aaron’s Amphitheater at Lakewood:
The three stages were taken over by Kendrick Lamar, Jhene Aiko, Method Man & Redman and more:
And Dice was spotted taking in the shows as well:
Fun times!


First Photos: Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Team Up For “By The Sea”
Back in 2005 they joined forces for “Mr. and Mrs. Smith,” and Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt's lives haven’t been the same since then.

The “Fight Club” hunk and his new “Changeling” chick wife just embarked on another cinematic duet, though this time there’s not nearly as much gunfire.
Per a story from Entertainment Weekly, it looks like Angelina and Brad still know how to work together in front of the camera, as the newly-released photos from “By The Sea” finds them in a romantic drama set in France in the 1970s.
Jolie, who is directing, producing and wrote the screenplay, plays a former dancer while Brad plays her husband, a writer.
Angelina told Entertainment Weekly, “I chose to set By the Sea in the 1970s, not only because it is a colorful and alluring era, but because it removes many of the distractions of contemporary life and allows the focus to remain squarely on the emotions that the characters experience in their journey.”


Urban Outfitters Catches Flak For Bloody Kent State Sweatshirt 
The oft-controversial Urban Outfitters inexplicably decided to commemorate the Ohio National Guard Kent State Shootings of 1970 and no one thought it was cute.
Their official website unveiled a limited quantity sweatshirt (only one) with bloodstains and faux bullet holes and immediately caused an uproar across social media.
As with all things controversial, the company tweeted an apology, that only fanned the flames of heated Americans.
Urban Outfitters sincerely apologizes for any offense our Vintage Kent State Sweatshirt may have caused. It was never our intention to allude to the tragic events that took place at Kent State in 1970 and we are extremely saddened that this item was perceived as such. The one-of-a-kind item was purchased as part of our sun-faded vintage collection. There is no blood on this shirt nor has this item been altered in any way. The red stains are discoloration from the original shade of the shirt and the holes are from natural wear and fray. Again, we deeply regret that this item was perceived negatively and we have removed it immediately from our website to avoid further upset.
Check out some of the metaphors and outrage the social media universe has spawned in the wake of the Urban Outfitters short-lived clothing line. 



Don’t be surprised if the move leads to their complete undoing.


Frank Ocean’s Dad Suing Russell Simmons For $142M
The estranged father of Odd Future singer Frank Ocean is suing Russell Simmons for a cool $142 million. The “Novacane” singer’s dad filed a lawsuit claiming Simmons and his Global Grind website defamed him by calling him a deadbeat dad.

Reports TMZ:
Calvin Cooksey — who hasn’t been part of Ocean’s life since his son was 5 — says he’s been unfairly portrayed as a horrible father on Simmons’ website, Global Grind.
In his lawsuit, Cooksey goes on the attack — saying he wasn’t allowed to be a father to Frank because his “Money Grubbing mother” moved, and hid the boy from him.
Cooksey says Simmons published lies about him without checking facts — and worst of all … never bothered to use his actual name in the posts about Ocean’s father. Translation: at least defame me by using my proper name!

Cooksey is suing for loss of future income — he describes himself as a singer, writer and inventor — and thinks the $142 million should just about cover it.
You gotta watch what you write, allegedly.


Adrian Peterson SPEAKS On Child Endangerment Indictment, “I Am Not A Perfect Parent, But I Am, Without A Doubt, Not A Child Abuser”
Adrian Peterson has broken his silence after being indicted in Texas on child endangerment charges. Find out what the NFL’s 2012 MVP had to say and deets on him returning to the gridiron inside…

Minnesota Vikings star rushing star Adrian Peterson is breaking his silence after he was indicted by a grand jury in Montgomery County, Texas on Friday on charges of reckless or negligent injury to a child.

Adrian’s 4-year-old son was rushed to a hospital (back in May) once he returned to his mother in Minnesota with bruises on his legs and backside after spending some time with his dad in Texas. The NFL baller admitted to using a "switch" for disciplinary action. And on Friday night, a warrant was put out for Adrian's arrest with a $15,000 bond attached. On Saturday morning, he turned himself in and was released after posting bail.

The six-time Pro Bowl selection is now speaking out after much criticism for the way he disciplined his child. According to Adrian, he did not intend to cause any injury to his son and he has met with a psychologist to explore more appropriate alternatives to discipline him.  

He writes:
"My attorney has asked me not to discuss the facts of my pending case. I hope you can respect that request and help me honor it. I very much want the public to hear from me but I understand that it is not appropriate to talk about the facts in detail at this time. Nevertheless, I want everyone to understand how sorry I feel about the hurt I have brought to my child.

I never wanted to be a distraction to the Vikings organization, the Minnesota community or to my teammates. I never imagined being in a position where the world is judging my parenting skills or calling me a child abuser because of the discipline I administered to my son.

I voluntarily appeared before the grand jury several weeks ago to answer any and all questions they had. Before my grand jury appearance, I was interviewed by two different police agencies without an attorney. In each of these interviews I have said the same thing, and that is that I never ever intended to harm my son. I will say the same thing once I have my day in court.

I have to live with the fact that when I disciplined my son the way I was disciplined as a child, I caused an injury that I never intended or thought would happen. I know that many people disagree with the way I disciplined my child. I also understand after meeting with a psychologist that there are other alternative ways of disciplining a child that may be more appropriate.

I have learned a lot and have had to reevaluate how I discipline my son going forward. But deep in my heart I have always believed I could have been one of those kids that was lost in the streets without the discipline instilled in me by my parents and other relatives. I have always believed that the way my parents disciplined me has a great deal to do with the success I have enjoyed as a man. I love my son and I will continue to become a better parent and learn from any mistakes I ever make.

I am not a perfect son. I am not a perfect husband. I am not a perfect parent, but I am, without a doubt, not a child abuser. I am someone that disciplined his child and did not intend to cause him any injury. No one can understand the hurt that I feel for my son and for the harm I caused him. My goal is always to teach my son right from wrong and that’s what I tried to do that day.

I accept the fact that people feel very strongly about this issue and what they think about my conduct. Regardless of what others think, however, I love my son very much and I will continue to try to become a better father and person."

So does he still have a job? As of now…yes. The Minnesota Vikings removed the star rusher’s name from last Sunday's game roster against the Patriots (which they lost 30-7), but have decided to let him play this Sunday against the New Orleans Saints.  

Vikings owners Zygi and Mark Wilf issued a statement regarding his indictment where they said:
"Today's decision was made after significant thought, discussion and consideration. As evidenced by our decision to deactivate Adrian from yesterday's game, this is clearly a very important issue," Vikings owners Zygi Wilf and Mark Wilf said in a statement.

"On Friday, we felt it was in the best interests of the organization to step back, evaluate the situation, and not rush to judgment given the seriousness of this matter. At that time, we made the decision that we felt was best for the Vikings and all parties involved. To be clear, we take very seriously any matter that involves the welfare of a child.

"At this time, however, we believe this is a matter of due process and we should allow the legal system to proceed so we can come to the most effective conclusions and then determine the appropriate course of action. This is a difficult path to navigate, and our focus is on doing the right thing. Currently we believe we are at a juncture where the most appropriate next step is to allow the judicial process to move forward. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and support Adrian's fulfillment of his legal responsibilities throughout this process."

So what’s next for Adrian? He’s scheduled for his first court appearance on Wednesday for a hearing in Conroe, Texas. He's expected to enter a plea where he faces up to two years in prison and a $10,000 fine if found guilty. 

Thoughts?


Teyana Taylor Reveals “VII” Album Cover
Teyana Taylor unveils the cover to her upcoming debut album, VII. The First Lady of G.O.O.D. Music channels the Sin City movie for the artwork — which finds her clad in a black catsuit and thigh high Christian Louboutin boots, while overlooking the moonlit city.
VII wil feature “Maybe,” featuring Pusha T and Yo Gotti. If you missed the video for the sultry single, check that out here.

Look for the album in stores November 4th!

Robin Thicke ADMITS To Heavy Drinking And Drug Use, REVEALS Why Paula Patton LEFT Him 
A year ago, we told you about the messy "Blurred Lines" lawsuits filed by Robin Thicke, Pharrell Williams and T.I. and the estate of Marvin Gaye.  Here's the backstory, Marvin Gaye's family and Bridgeport Music made allegations that "Blurred Lines" is very similar to Marvin's "Got to Give It Up" and Funakedlic's "Sexy Ways." In response to those claims, Robin and his crew filed a lawsuit which seeks to prove that they DID NOT sample the records and they shouldn't have to pay any royalties because their "new" composition "reminds" listeners of something else.

Fast forward to now....we've got the depositions (read them in full here). Though most of the proceedings were sealed, a judge allowed the "celebrity" transcripts to be opened...and we learned a lot. Let's just say...Robin Thicke LOVES to get high.  He admitted,

"With all due respect, I was high and drunk every time I did an interview last year. Every day, I woke up, I would take a Vicodin to start the day and then I would fill up a water bottle with vodka and drink it before and during my interviews."

Here's how Robin described the creation of "Blurred Lines" and how he was "mentally" out of it.
"Q: Were you present during the creation of 'Blurred Lines'?
Thicke: I was present. Obviously, I sang it. I had to be there.
Q: When the rhythm track was being created, were you there with Pharrell?
Thicke: To be honest, that's the only part where — I was high on Vicodin and alcohol when I showed up at the studio. So my recollection is when we made the song, I thought I wanted — I — I wanted to be more involved than I actually was by the time, nine months later, it became a huge hit and I wanted credit. So I started kind of convincing myself that I was a little more part of it than I was and I — because I didn't want him — I wanted some credit for this big hit. But the reality is, is that Pharrell had the beat and he wrote almost every single part of the song."

Other tasty tidbits are that he was "high" off alcohol and Norco during his Oprah interview!  And when asked about his split from Paula Patton he said, ""I told my wife the truth. That's why she left me."  BAM!

Now...it gets better. Pharrell spilled the tea on the industry and all of these so-called "writers." He explained why he gave Robin Thicke co-writing credit.

"This is what happens every day in our industry.  You know, people are made to look like they have much more authorship in the situation than they actually do. So that's where the embellishment comes in."

Pharrell also said that "Blurred Lines" was a hit because it was a white man singing soul. And the public loves that....

"Q: In your view, what holds 'Blurred Lines' together throughout the different sections?
Williams: What holds it together?
Q: Yeah.
Williams: Robin Thicke's voice.
Q: Does the bass line and the keyboard hold the songs together through the different sections?
A: No.
Q: Why not?
A: Because it's the white man singing soulfully and we, unfortunately, in this country don't get enough — we don't get to hear that as often, so we get excited by it when the mainstream gives that a shot. But there's a lot of incredibly talented white folk with really soulful vocals, so when we're able to give them a shot — and when I say 'we,' I mean like as in the public gives them a shot to be heard, then you hear the Justin Timberlakes and you hear the Christina Aguileras and you hear, you know, all of these masterful voices that have just been given, you know, an opportunity to be heard because they're doing something different."

Hmmm....that was juicy.  Forget leaking government documents...can we get more celebrity depositions????


Drake’s Air Jordans: Dopeness Or An Atrocity 
A day in the life of Drake, whose Air Jordan collection boasts an array of exclusive OVO edition colorways due he and Jordan Brand’s collaborative relationship, is essentially a sneakerhead’s dream. Whether or not his creations are dope, however, depends on who you ask.
It’s funny writing the previous sentence, considering that Drake has the musical equivalent to the Midas touch. The Toronto rapper’s shoe history is very different and at times looks very funny in the light. But as Dame Dash once said, “You can’t teach taste,” and that’s more apparent after checking out Drizzy’s growing cannon of PE sneakers.



Let me know your thoughts on Drake’s footwear.


AND FINALLY FROM “THE CRAZY PEOPLE SHOPPING AT WALMART” FILES
‘THE JEAN THONG’
This might be the first ever recorded incident of someone taking mom jeans and turning them into booty shorts. Someone fact check that for me and let me know.


HAVE A GREAT DAY ALL!
EFREM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers