12/24/13

The Daily Buzz for Dec 24



Kevin Hart Covers VIBE's "Race" Issue, Says He Won't Allow Racism To Stop Him
In VIBE's January "race" issue, Kevin Hart shares the dual cover with rapper Drake as both discuss race and its impact on their careers.  Kevin, who'll star with Robert De Niro in "Grudge Match" (December 25th) also discussed how his film, Ride Along, may catapult him to Eddie Murphy status.  Here are the highlights:

VIBE: You don’t make race the nucleus of your routine. Why?

KEVIN HART: No, I don’t need to. I get that racism exists, but it’s not a catalyst for my content. I don’t need to talk about race to have material. My style of comedy is more self-deprecating. I think that makes me more relatable. When you deal with “topics”—race, white versus black—you’re not separating from the pack. You’re doing what everybody else is doing. It’s easy to take those subjects and make them personal. You show more depth when that’s not your shtick.
Talk about raising kids in this post-racial society.

My kids are coming up in a different time then me. Interracial couples are of the norm. With me, it’s about making sure my kids understand the importance of education and having opportunities that I didn’t. My goal as a parent is to make sure they don’t take what they have for granted. You definitely want your kids to understand their heritage, but I don’t want my kids to just focus on being black. They are people. I don’t want them to judge other people or to be judged. I want them to be good people, so good people will treat them accordingly. I preach that to my kids and everything else falls into place.

A lot of critics are blown away by Ride Along. It feels like a Beverly Hills Cop moment for you.

Ride Along can catapult me into a different level of stardom. First and foremost, Ice Cube is amazing in the movie. Our chemistry is amazing. It’s a great movie for the both of us. Tim Story, Will Packer. Universal had a concept and allowed us come in and bring what we felt we should. I’m excited about it; January can’t get here soon enough. I think this movie is going to exceed expectations. I’m trying to get what the Will Smiths and Eddie Murphys of the world got. I want to do it to a point where I understand the business. I want to be in a position where I own my material. This is a movie that can put me in a place to accomplish a lot of things.

Do you have any experiences with everyday racism?

Even if I did, I don’t give it the attention. I don’t welcome negative energy. The time it takes to harbor, reap, bitch and complain is time that you can be doing something else. Have I gotten into situations with people that could have been racist? Of course, I am human. I’m a young black guy in Hollywood. You chalk it up and you move on.

And he and his girlfriend Neeki attended the White House for a Holiday party.
Nice



Fathers4Justice Targets Hollywood Moms
Taking aim at some hard-working Hollywood moms, Fathers4Justice launched a new campaign criticizing actresses for restricting their children's access to their dads.
In one poster, Katie Holmes is pictured with the headline, "Katie, do you believe in equal parents, equal love?" Responding to the ad, her attorney Jonathan Wolfe stated, "The campaign is baseless and offensive. Katie will continue to have no comment on personal and private matters that affect her family.”

Another ad features Halle Berry with the line, "Halle, a father is for life, not just conception" and the group criticizes her for trying to move to France with her daughter against Nahla's father's wishes.
A third one shows Kim Basinger, who shares Ireland Baldwin with ex-husband Alec. Her tagline reads, "Kim, never hate your ex more than you love your child."
As previously reported by GossipCenter, Kate Winslet tried to prevent the organization from using her image with the line, "Kate, every child deserves a father for Christmas." In an interview, the mother-of-three said, "My kids don’t go back and forth. None of this 50/50 time with the mums and dads — my children live with me; that is it.’



T.I. & Jezzy Hosted an Afternoon of Giving for Atlanta Inner City Youth
T.I. and Jezzy hosted an afternoon of charity, food, and fun for over 1,300 inner city youth. Atlanta City Council and Grand Hustle is doing it big for the families of Atlanta.
1,300 youth coupled with their families spent an evening of free bowling, skating, and networking with the big homies T.I and Jezzy.

Check out the details below.
The King Foundation had bags and bags of toys. The King Foundation had bags and bags of groceries. There were coupons for local restaurants. There were the cheer and excitement as a room full of kids enjoying skating, bowling, and dancing at the Metroplex in Atlanta.

T.I. and Jezzy are doing so much good for the city of Atlanta. They are making such a lasting difference. Imagine how these kids must feel after mingling with Atlanta’s royalty! T.I. and Jezzy shows the kids the importance of giving back to the community. T.I. and Jezzy shows the youth of Atlanta that no matter where you start that hard work and perseverance can lead to a very happy and successful life.



Beyoncé Wears Skin-Tight Dress To Album Release Party [PHOTOS]
Saturday Night Beyoncé held an album screening party at the School Of Visual Arts Theatre in NYC where she discussed secretly making all those videos for her new self-titled LP. Reports the New York Daily News:
Beyoncé admitted the toughest part about making her latest album was keeping it a secret.
The “Single Ladies” singer said she wore earbuds as she shot the video for “XO” in Coney Island to keep the public from hearing the song before the album release.
“They had a lot of static, and you could barely hear and I'm trying to lip synch to the lyrics,” Beyoncé told fans following a private showing Saturday of her new music videos at the School of Visual Arts Theatre on W. 23rd St.
Yeah, that's interesting and all, but let's get to this outfit Queen Bey was rocking to said event. Jay Z is clearly one gloriously happy man.



Joe Simpson's Twitter Hacked
Joe Simpson's hacked Twitter account posts shocking allegations.

He’s usually happy to stay below the radar, but Joe Simpson’s Twitter account got some major attention
The former Baptist minister-turned-music manager was hacked by an unknown user, and nasty tweets began showing up right away.
Among the 40+ profane messages were statements like, “I’ve used my ‘name’ and abused my power. I’ve molested multiple and can provide proof. Everyone should know.”
Another tweet read, “It’s true – I’ve molested people… I’ve molested kids,” followed by, “For those who are wondering…my account has not been hacked but as I said I would remove those tweets…see I can get away with anything ;)”
Once the problem was remedied, the real father of Jessica and Ashlee tweeted, “My twitter account was hacked this evening and some terrible messages were sent from my account. My account has been reset now.”


Jim Jones Mother releases a Book
According to Amazon.com Just when you thought it was safe, Mama Jones, the Reality TV Star, strikes with her self-styled brand of realness in Mama Jones: Her Guide to Love & Romance. She skillfully blends humor and old school wisdom to teach the masses how to love. The self-proclaimed Realest Bitch holds back no punches when expressing her views, which are non-traditional, to say the least. Her insight on male/female relationships rivals those who claim to be experts in the field. Because she is so real, she cuts straight to the chase when giving advice on Love & Romance.
That is what makes her guidance so powerful. She compels you to see life through her lenses. Her goal is to inject the world with Mama Jones dose of reality, restoring the balance in how people interact with one another. She addresses the young men and women of this generation profoundly, challenging them to embrace each other in a more affectionate manner. Mama Jones: Her Guide to Love & Romance is not just about relationships, its also a spiritual and a motivational manual. She is a God-fearing woman, and her chief philosophy is God is Love. This book will make you laugh and cry while enlightening the mind, body, heart, and soul.



Mariah Carey Stays Mum About Her Controversial Performance For Angolan President Dos Santos
Mariah Carey is under fire--again--for performing for a country's leader who is known to anger human rights groups and is often called a dictator.
A few days ago, Mariah headed to Africa to do performances in Nigeria and Angola.  But it was her performance for the Angolan President Josè Eduardo Dos Santos last Sunday that has pissed off several human rights groups.
The Human Rights Foundation claims Dos Santos has murdered many and exploited the country's resources to his own gain.  And he reportedly used country resources to pay Mariah $1 million to perform a two-hour concert at an event for the Angolan Red Cross.

Mariah was pictured smiling it up with the President and his family in pics posted by a publication's Facebook page.
After MiMi performed for Libyan dictator Moammar Gadhafi five years ago, she caught hell then as well and later apologized saying she was embarrassed to be "caught up in that mess".
Maybe her heart was in the right place, but human rights groups aren't feeling any part of this "heart" or all that cash.  Especially since she has yet to comment.


Drake To Host "Saturday Night Live" In January
He's got a long time to prepare with the holiday break, but later in January, Drake will pull double duty as host and musical guest on "Saturday Night Live."
Coming off of Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake's Christmas episode on December 21st, Drake will take the stage with the rest of the cast on January 18th.

Though it's his first time hosting "SNL," Drake is no stranger to the small screen - having acted in the Canadian TV show, "Degrassi: The Next Generation" as a teenager.


Monique To Host Love and Hip Hop New York Reunion Show
Mona Scott-Young is handing over the reigns of the Love and Hip Hop NY reunion show to Academy Award winning actress, comedian, and talk show host Monique.  Now this should be SOMETHING to see!!!
The Love and Hip Hop NY reunion show taped this week with Monique in the hosting seat.  If these ladies know what is best, they will not give Ms. Monique any static!



Dwyane Wade & Gabrielle Union Are Engaged
Perennial NBA All-Star and 3-time NBA champion Dwyane Wade has proposed to his longtime girlfriend, Gabrielle Union. Come on now, you know what her answer was.
Reports Madame Noire:
The day many naysayers said would never come has finally arrived. Yes, Miami Heat basketball player Dwyane Wade has put a ring on it — it being Gabrielle Union's finger.
Gabby broke the news rather casually on Instagram with the photo above, writing:
Sooooo this happened… #Yessss @dwyanewade
Dwyane followed up with an IG post of his own, saying:
She said YES!!! @gabunion
Gabby and D have had a tumultuous relationship over the past four years, mostly because of paternity disputes with Dwyane Wade's ex-wife Shiovaughn Funches. We're on standby for the first post-engagement photos of the 41-year-old actress and her younger boo, but for now we'll just say a hearty congrats! Check out a photo of the hefty engagement ring
Congrats to D. Wade and Gabrielle Union. Needless to say, keep Siohvaughn Funches all the way out the paint when it comes time for the wedding ceremony.



AND FINALLY FROM “THE CRAZY PEOPLE SHOPPING AT WALMART” FILES
‘UGLY CHRISTMAS SWEATERS’
Is it weird that I’m sad that ugly christmas sweaters are ironically cool now? It was so much more fun when people wore them seriously and thought they were cool but the rest of us knew they weren’t. Now I just can’t tell and that makes me sad.



MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL AND THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT I TRULY APPRECIATE IT! GOD BLESS YOU ALL!
EFREM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers