12/22/15

The Daily Buzz For Dec 23



Adele's Big Time Magazine Interview – 12 Things We Learned
Appearing in Time Magazine's recent 'The Year Ahead' edition, Adele gave a lengthy interview covering '25', motherhood, her upcoming world tour, her immense popularity, and the detrimental effects of social media. Even that rumoured Beyoncé collaboration came up. Here are 12 things we learned about her in the process.

1. She fully aware of what makes her music popular

Asked why so many people respond to her music, she said, "The fact that I’m not shy or embarrassed to be falling apart. Everyone falls apart, I think. A lot of people try to be brave and not shed a tear. Sometimes when you know someone else feels as shit as you do, or approaches things in a certain way just like you do, it makes you feel better about yourself. Even though my music is melancholy, there’s also joy in that. I hope I do bring joy to people’s lives, and not just sadness, but I think there’s there’s a comfort in it. But I honestly don’t know. If I knew, I would bottle it, and sell it to everyone else."

2. Her life is pointedly normal

She lives with boyfriend Simon Konecki and their son Angelo in London. “It’s as normal a life as I can have. I think people would be pretty surprised. When I’m not doing a photo shoot, it’s just me, my boyfriend and the baby. I think it’s really important so that you don’t get fucked up by everything. It’s important so you stay in touch with yourself. If you lose touch with yourself, no one’s going to want to talk to you or listen to anything you’re fucking doing. They’ll just point at you and laugh. At you, not with you.

3. Being a mother has helped her manage her schedule

“The other day I was saying, ‘Oh God, I’m finding this really hard again with a kid,'” she said. “I have no time for myself because in between doing this, all my spare time is with him. But then I realised, he’s been keeping me totally cool and calm about the whole thing."

4. She's already a brilliant mum

"He makes me so proud of myself, and he makes me like myself so much. And I’ve always liked myself. I’ve never not liked myself. I don’t have hangups like that. But I’m so proud of myself that I made him in my belly. Cooked him in my belly and then he came out of me! This human who’s suddenly walking around and doing his own thing. I can’t wait to know who his best friends are going to be, who his girlfriend or his boyfriend is going to be or what movies he likes… Whatever my kid wants to do or be I will always support him no matter what.”


5. Artists don't need brands, they need 'packages'

Adele isn't a fan of personal brands. "I don’t like that word. It makes me sound like a fabric softener, or a packet of crisps. I’m not that. But there’s personality in an artist, and if you’re expecting people to let you in and give themselves to you, you have to be a whole package. I feel like some artists — and this isn’t shading any artist, just me trying to come up with my own explanation — the bigger they get, the more horrible they get, and the more unlikable. And I don’t care if you make an amazing album — if I don’t like you, I ain’t getting your record. I don’t want you being played in my house if I think you’re a bastard.”

6. She's not going to spoil her son

“I’m very self-conscious that I have a kid, and I don’t want him being one of those dickheads, who grows up being, like, ‘Driver, driver!' [snapping her fingers] 'I have no clean clothes!' Well, have you washed them? I really don’t want him growing up like that. I’m very conscious of it.”

7. She's a 'lioness' about her family

“My record is about my real life, so I have to talk about it. If you try to intrude or come near my family, I’m a lioness. Especially because my boyfriend isn’t famous. So I think it’s really unfair for anyone to want unlimited access to my family when we’re not a brand. Some people do, and if you’re happy to do it, then kudos — that’s fucking great. But I don’t want my family to be part of my package. If my kid decides that when he’s old enough to make his own decision that he wants to be known for being my kid, I’ll be annoyed, but I won’t stop him. I’ll be like, ‘It’s your choice now.’ But this was my dream. This isn’t theirs.”

8. She's a fan of surprise releases

"When you have a six-month build up, don’t expect me to be there the day your album comes out, because I’m bored. It doesn’t matter how amazing it is. You put seven songs out. I’ve heard the album. I’ve heard everything you want to say about it. I’ve heard it all over radio. Don’t expect me to not lose interest before it’s even happened.”


9. She would act for 'Hello' director Xavier Dolan again

“I’ve been pretty spoiled with him. He just knows what he’s doing. I have no interest in acting for the foreseeable future, at all, especially while I’m doing my music, because I can’t give my all into two things, but I would consider it for him. I liked how he made me feel when I was doing it. So I’d do it for him.”

10. She thinks that social media is sometimes bullshit

"Privacy is key to being able to write a real record, whether people like it or not. My life has changed so much, but I’ve made the realest record I can make, and it’s the real part of me. How am I supposed to write a real record if I’m waiting for half a million likes on a fucking photo? That ain’t real.”

11. There could be duets on the next album, but probably not with Beyoncé

Talking about the Beyoncé collaboration rumour for '25' – the one that never happened – she says, “Whoever started that rumour must have been having a laugh because anyone who knows me knows that my main priority in life outside of my child is Beyoncé. I really wanted to do a duet on this album. I spoke to someone about it who I wanted to do it with, and we got on like a house on fire, and then we just couldn’t logistically really get it to work. I can’t say who it is because I want to do it in the future. That’s the only reason. It wasn’t Beyoncé!”

12. She wants to 'fly' on her tour

On her world tour, Adele is planning something pretty spectacular. “I’m not just going to stand there! I really would like to fly through the arena for the beginning, but no one’s having it.”

I BET…LOL!



#EGGPLANTALLDAY Former Minnesota Vikings Hugh Charles 
Meet Former Minnesota Vikings Hugh Charles played college football at Colorado and then the Pros with the Minnesota Vikings, and now RB with Calgary Stampeders. Well ladies et al, ;-) it looks like he has a lot for you to stampede on


Thank me later!



#RhoA: Apollo Nida Calls Out Peter Thomas From Jail: I haven’t seen him in a year!
From what we’re told, even behind bars Apolla Nida has beef with a certain Real Housewives of Atlanta cast mate. And it’s not his wife Phaedra 
As you know, Nida is currently serving an eight-year jail sentence for bank fraud and identity theft.He’s remained relatively quiet on social media. But this week, a member from his team posted the message below on Instagram, indicating that Nida has issue with Cynthia Bailey’s husband, Peter Thomas.  He writes:
From what we hear, Nida was expecting more support while away from both Peter and Todd Tucker,  Kandi Burruss’ husband. He reiterated, posting a photo of him and Peter with the caption:

Over all Apollo said he respects Peter’s drive & business sense, but over all Apollo states he is just a little hurt because it’s been well over a year and he hasn’t heard from Peter Thomas and Apollo thought they were boys and Peter had his back and would stay down.#nolovelost! Apollo just showing his emotional side as a friend should. Apollo said the relationship was never fake on his part so what’s the issue with allowing everyone to know how he feels. Apollo says his & Peter Thomas’s friendship started with you all watching, so Apollo doesn’t mind letting you all know how he feels. NOW GO AND SUPPORT SPORTS ONE BAR & LOUNGE

Peter responded with the following on Instagram:
Wow!! Fake friend, never that, my number hasn’t change. Still holding it down for everyone I love, including you my brother @apollonida03



New Christmas Soul Music: Timothy Bloom & V. Bozeman Team Up Again On Holiday Single “Christmas Without You”
Unwrap this brand new gift from talented artist Timothy Bloom! The R&B crooner teams up once again with singer-songwriter V. Bozeman for a sultry new original holiday duet titled “Christmas Without You.”
Together they sing about treasuring the special one in your life, and how acts of kindness should be an ongoing occurrence once the holiday season is over.

“Unwrapping my love for you like your presents is overdue / Without you it’s lonely and you should know / There won’t be a Christmas without you,” they sing in unison.
Take a listen to their rockin’ X-mas love song HERE

Nice! Happy Holidays!



Mall of America Fails Legal Attempt to Stop #BlackLivesMatter Protest; But Judge Bans 3 Members
*The scheduled Black Lives Matter protest at the Mall of America in Minnesota will go forward as planned on Wednesday (Dec. 23) after a judge denied the venue’s attempt to cancel the demonstration; however, the court agreed to ban three of eight individual members cited in the Mall’s request from attending the protest.
Judge Karen A. Janisch ruled that #BLM members Michael McDowell, Miski Noor, and Kandace Montgomery were barred from participating, because Mall of America “has presented clear evidence and legal support that these individuals intend to engage in a political demonstration, that such conduct would be in violation of the [Mall’s] rights to control its property and persons on its property, and that an injunction prohibiting those individuals from participating in conduct constituting a demonstration on the property…is necessary to prevent an irreparable harm to the Mall of America.”
MOA tried to use those reasons to get eight members it had deemed “leaders” banned from participating, but the judge found their legal jargon applied to just three.

Protesters are demanding the release of videos showing last month’s fatal police shooting of 24-year-old black man Jamar Clark, in Minneapolis. Representatives of the shopping mall, the largest in the U.S., asked a judge to block the overall protest because the rally lacks permission from the mall.
“This is not about free speech. This is not about whether or not these folks have a good cause. Of course they have a good cause,” mall lawyer Susan Gaertner said. “This [is] about where you demonstrate, and you demonstrate in places like this — in a courthouse. Mall of America on Wednesday is a place to take your kids and shop.”

For the record, the Minneapolis #BLM said in several tweets that it would move forward with the protest, no matter how Judge Janisch ruled. No word yet if the three banned #BLM members plan to show up anyway.
In addition to trying to keep the four individually-named and four “John Doe” #BLM members from protesting, the Mall’s temporary restraining order also sought to ban “all of their respective agents, and other persons acting in active concert” from participating, as well as banning them from “soliciting others” to demonstrate on the premises.
Additionally, MOA wanted a judge to order #BLM members to “delete and take down” messages about the planned protest from “Facebook, Twitter and other online messages that encourage others to demonstrate at MOA on Dec. 23, 2015.”

Read the entire ruling HERE
Finally, MOA requested that #BLM members be ordered to “immediately post a message on its Facebook Twitter and text group informing everyone that the event has been cancelled; and to immediately post the injunction order on BLM’s Facebook page. Judge Janisch denied all of those requests.
Below, her ruling in a nutshell:
Defendants Michael McDowell, Miski Noor, and Kandace Montgomery are enjoined from engaging in any demonstration on the MOA Premises on December 23, 2015, or thereafter, without the express, written permission from MOA Management. For purposes of this Order, “MOA Premises” means the enclosed structure housing the commercial, retail, and entertainment complex known as the Mall of America, located at 60 East Broadway, Bloomington, Minnesota, and the attached skyways and parking facility/ramp. 3.

All other requests relating to additional terms for a temporary restraining order requested by Plaintiff are DENIED, at this time.



Steve Harvey Invited Back To Host Miss Universe Pageant In Belize
Steve Harvey has been extended the invitation to return as the host of the Miss Universe pageant next year, despite his mistake of crowning the wrong contestant as Miss Universe at Sunday’s live show.
Immediately following the error, the comedian, radio show host and best-selling author took responsibility for for the mistake. “It was my mistake,” he says. “It was on the card. Horrible mistake, but the right thing.” He also issued apologies to viewers and the contestants.

Via Deadline – in an interview today on Jim Rome’s CBS Sports Radio show, Mark Shapiro, Chief Content Officer at WME|IMG, said the Family Feud host was “very remorseful” about the situation and that he was “absolutely” welcome back to host the 2016 pageant. Shapiro said Steve “did a great job. He was funny, he was informative, he’s high energy, he’s got a great following. … I definitely want him back, and I would hate to see him not come back. He’s going to want a shot to redeem himself.”

The Belize Tourism Board tweeted in approval of Steve taking over the 2016 show: “Dear @IAMSteveHarvey, we all make mistakes. You handled yours with class.”
The board said it was impressed with the way that Steve handled himself after the snafu, and also disagreed with speculation that the incident could put an end to future hosting opportunities. The board felt Steve would be a great host after watching Sunday’s show.



FINALLY! Countess Vaughn Apologizes To ‘Moesha’ Costar Brandy + Brandy Responds
Former Moesha costars, Brandy Norwood and Countess Vaughn, have put their differences behind them after nearly two decades.
Countess reached out to Brandy with an apology message via Instagram. Along with the below photo of Brandy, she wrote: “We are spiritual siblings, you and I. I know this to be true,” she wrote. “And it means a lot to me… I apologize for anything Negative I’ve ever done are said to you ….sorry this had to be on social media , I just want the world to see that I’ve grown out of my comfort zone …..”

Back in 1998, in an interview with Vibe, Brandy revealed that she and Countess were far from good friends, although they played best friends on ’90s UPN show.

“I think she’s very funny, very talented,” Brandy told the magazine. “And she’s called me a b**ch to my face. She said, ‘I’m the reason why the show is successful, b**ch.’ In front of a lot of people. And I looked at her like, Wow. I couldn’t say nothing about her because I wasn’t about to. She knows. She wakes up and looks at herself in the mirror and gets disgusted. I don’t.”

Despite their past disagreements, the “It All Belongs to Me” songstress was willing to make amends with her former castmate. “My heart is truly moved. Thank you God. This is a blessing,” she wrote as she shared Countess’ post. She later put up a throwback of the two of them during their Moesha days, adding: “@countessdvaughn we still here!!! Thank you again for your heart today.”

Some of Brandy’s followers have already suggested that Countess join her in her new BET show, Zoe Ever After.

Read Countess’ heartfelt apology in full below:
@4everbrandy I’m proud of you. For placing one foot in front of the other. For waking up every morning and simply giving it your best shot. for placing a premium on personal growth too. We been threw are ups and downs , high and lows … But at the end of the day I had to learn in find myself why not be friends when we’re both talented, Why call you names when your just an amazing person… I’m proud of you for being you and working to rise to the best you inside of you.You are an amazing being with amazing God-given capacity. I believe in who you are and who you are working to be. We are all works-in-progress. One of life’s purposes is to improve on the wiring under the hood of our lives. I believe in your ability to stand and courageously be the person you were meant to be. Im not perfect , no where near it..I care about your life and your happiness. I wouldn’t do what I did if I didn’t. I care about you as a person. We are spiritual siblings, you and I. I know this to be true. And it means a lot to me… I apologize for anything Negative I’ve ever done are said to you ….sorry this had to be on social media , I just want the world to see that I’ve grown out of my comfort zone ….. Hopefully one day I can tell you in person or on the phone to let you know I mean everything I’ve wrote …..I didn’t do this for applause, because we all know that some people don’t believe celebrities to be “human”, but this came from a very human place. No matter how or if she respond know that the Universe will continue to bring me growth and happiness because that is what im putting out there…Congratulations on every thing you’ve accomplished… Love you beautiful ….happy holidays from Countess

Well that’s a good look for the Holidays!



Kid Cudi Is Annoyed With Some “Lil Rappin A** N*ggas” Probably Named Lupe Fiasco 
Alternative punk rapper person Kid Cudi thinks someone is trying to steal his swag and he just went on a Twitter rant to let us all know just how annoyed he is by that person. Who exactly is trying to steal Mr. Cudi’s style is a mystery, but he certainly feels some kind of way about that person … whoever that person is … Lupe Fiasco.
While Cudi stopped short of calling out names, some believe his rant may have been intended for Lupe Fiasco. Just last month in Milwaukee, Fiasco dissed Cudder during a live freestyle performance.
“P.S.: To all my enemies, you are now forgiven / Except Kid Cudi cause that’s not my muthaf*ckin’ buddy / If I see him in the streets, it’s getting’ muthaf*ckin’ ugly. I know you might be a fan / me and him share similar shit and you like, ‘Damn!’ / But that don’t matter, they gonna be back into the chatter”.

You can watch the diss HERE 

As soon as Lupe gets his Twitter fingers on, we’ll post his response.


Star Wars: Episode VIII Gets Its Release Date
It was already written in carbonite that the line of Star Wars films was a trilogy, but given the amount of success The Force Awakens is currently glowing in, Disney couldn’t wait to pop the lid on the release date for the next flick.

ABC News reports that Bob Iger, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of The Walt Disney Company, announced earlier today that the Star Wars: Episode VIII release date will officially be on May 26, 2017. The film will be directed by Rian Johnson, of Breaking Bad and Looper fame.
That is approximately 40 years (and one day) after the release of the original film, Star Wars a.k.a. A New Hope.
Iger’s announcement also revealed that their would be a stand-alone Star Wars movie, titled Rogue One, which will be the first of its kind. It will star Felicity Jones and be directed by Gareth Edwards and starring Felicity Jones, will “explores the characters and events beyond the core Star Wars saga.”
In other words, The Force will be strong at the box office for years to come.



Nicki Minaj & Meek Mill Pay A Visit To Philly Group Home
Nicki Minaj and Meek Mill brought some holiday cheer to girls at a group home in Philly this week. Nicki shared the above photo of them joined by the staff; saying that the visit made her year.

“There’s no greater feeling than giving back,” she wrote. “Today we met with girls in a Philly group home and it made my year. We can’t show them in the photo but I know they follow me.”
She also offered some encouraging words to the young ladies there: “Girls!!! You are a group or incredible young women who can do whatever you put your mind to!!! Keep your promise to me! DONT BE DEFEATED! I will check back in with you soon. Your raw emotions really touched me. I’ll always remember u. thank you to the staff (seen here) for this opportunity.”

Meek appeared in court last week, where he was found guilty of violating his probation by failing to complete a travel request form to leave the city. According to tweets from WHYY reporter, Bobby Allyn, during the MMG rapper’s hearing, his label rep said he has year of philanthropy planned – including working with Philly at-risk youth and cleaning up trash on Earth Day.

Additionally, on Instagram he expressed to his followers that he’s fighting for freedom for something that happened nearly 10 years ago: “I’m actually fighting for my life and freedom,” he wrote. “Something I’ve been going thru from a case I caught at 19 years old and been on probation since…I am 28 now.”



AND FINALLY FROM “THE CRAZY PEOPLE SHOPPING AT WALMART” FILES
‘DEATH BECOMES HER’
Who needs dreams or a soul or bananas when you’ve got death so close to you.



HAVE A GREAT DAY ALL!!!
EFREM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers