12/1/15

The Daily Buzz For Dec 2



Zendaya Talks to COMPLEX Says she The WOMAN OF NEXT YEAR!
Disney superstar Zendaya has been crowned “Woman of Next Year” by COMPLEX. And rightfully so. The 19-year-old socially conscious beauty covers the December 2015/January 2016 issue where she opens up and reveals exactly why she decided to drop her role as Aaliyah in the LIFETIME biopic.

The young actress chatted about keeping it real as a “real model” like, as she explained, slain iconic rapper Tupac. She also dropped some gems on how to keep from falling in the “trap” most Disney kids fall into…i.e. Miley Cyrus. Chick definitely has her head on straight, which she credits to her parents.

Check out the highlights:

You almost starred in the Aaliyah biopic on Lifetime but backed out. Why?

I just didn’t like the way things were going down. There were a lot of things that came to my attention that I didn’t know about, about the family and production value. You just assume that things are taken care of when you step onto a project. But when you realize that things are just falling apart, you’re like, “This is not what I signed up for, this is not what I thought it was. This is not what I think is worthy of her movie.” It really ate me up inside. A lot of people thought that I knew that the family wasn’t involved, and I didn’t. I just auditioned like anyone else and got the job.
So you thought it wasn’t honoring her in the right way?

Yeah, basically. I just thought that it was being rushed. I thought that there was nobody who really knew her on that project at all—literally no one. I can only know so much about someone from watching their interviews. I don’t know what she was like in her kitchen talking to her mom. That would be rude of me to try to figure that out without knowing. If god forbid something were to happen to me, I wouldn’t want my parents to have to deal with that. I just felt that it was inappropriate, so I didn’t want to do it. You’ve got such a good head on your shoulders. The more I talk to you I’m like, I didn’t know shit at your age. Everybody says that who talks to me. And honestly I don’t know why I’m so deep. I don’t know! Everybody says I’m like 19 going on 80, honest to god.

Do you actively think about being a role model?

Of course. I think it’s a responsibility, but like Tupac Shakur, I’m a real model. Which means: I’m not pretending to be something that I’m not, because like he said, people are going to be disappointed when they find out who you are, because it’s not going to be what you presented to the world. So just keep it real. I’m a good kid and that’s all.

What are your thoughts on some of the Disney graduates, like Miley Cyrus? Because she went in completely the opposite direction.

I think again it’s that real model, role model thing. A lot of them were forced into being role models and they had to pretend to be something that they didn’t feel matched up with who they were. And that’s because they started really, really young. So you’ve got to realize when you’re really young you don’t know who you are yet. And as soon as you figure it out, you’ve already been forced to become something that you didn’t really know you signed up for. So it’s like, I get it. There’s a lot of pressure, so I completely understand. Everyone has their different ways of learning and growing and finding out who they are, and you can’t fault people for that. Again, I think with all the prior Disney stars, at least you can say they are themselves now.
So cute for her!



#EGGPLANTNATION Nicki’s Ex Sarafree Joins the Eggplant Club!
Well Ladies et al, LOL…Looks who has went EGGPLANT. Its Nicki Minaj Ex Sarafree. I guess since Nik has moved on to Meek Mill. He now wants you to see his goodies. Well go ahead


Thoughts? Will it give him a rap career?



#RhoA: Cynthia Bailey May Have Overreacted In Fight With Porsha Williams: I felt threatened.
In her BRAVO blog, Cynthia Bailey gives her version of what went down during her fight with Real Housewives of Atlanta cast mate, Porsha Williams. She explains:

In my opinion, the word “bitch” can be used in fun as a term of endearment or disrespectfully as an insult. It depends on the tone and context in which it is used and interpreted. How did Porsha and I go from having fun and kicking it to a heated confrontation, when all I was attempting to do was try to prevent Kenya from kicking her friend Shamea off the boat? Was it wise to get caught in the line of fire to try to diffuse a bomb that was never intended for me? Looking back, probably not. Maybe I should have kept my big mouth shut, sat back with the other ladies, and watched the fireworks. Porsha and I were having a great time together until we had a breakdown in communication, which turned into a major misunderstanding.

That combined with several cocktails and disrespect of personal space took the conversation somewhere it was never meant to go. When I walked away from everyone in pursuit of peace to speak with Kenya on behalf of Shamea, the last thing that I expected to hear from Porsha was “whatever bitch.” I felt like my friendship with Kenya and my good intentions were being mocked when she called me a bitch in that moment. I perceived it to be disrespectful, whether that was her actual intent or not. Looking back, I think I may have misjudged Porsha’s intentions and overreacted. The only thing that I was focused on was going to speak with Kenya to allow Shamea to remain on the boat.
Anyway, once the conversation escalated, I realized it was best for me to walk away to cool off. I assumed when Porsha joined me on my recliner, she had also done the same. In an attempt to revisit our earlier conversation, I tried to clarify to her why I was offended in the first place. My words were not received, and the conversation escalated once again. When Porsha made it clear that she did not feel the need to apologize to me or thank me for trying to help out in the situation, I became confused about her purpose.

At that point, I repeatedly asked her to go back to the other side of the boat, because I did not want to continue to argue and insult each other. Our hands and fingers were all over the place, and the next thing I knew Porsha was straddling over me. As I was lying down looking up at her, I had a flashback of the physical altercation that she had with Kenya at the reunion. I began to feel threatened, and the situation became uncomfortable. I had to figure out how to protect myself, and my personal space.

Your Thoughts?



#EMPIRENEWS: Vivica A. Fox Wants an ‘Empire’ Spinoff Based on Candace
*She’s only been on “Empire” for two episodes so far, but Vivica A. Fox already has dreams of starring in her own spinoff of the series, based on her role as Cookie Lyon’s bougie sister Candace.
“I just see that the, the road for Candace and the storyline for Cookie’s family is endless,” she says. “My dream would be if [executive producer] Lee Daniels was to create a spinoff for Candace’s family and Carol’s family, and we just keep on growing the ‘Empire’ empire, you know, why not?”

Daniels teased TCA reporters in August about plotting an “Empire” spinoff, but refused to give any further details.
For now, Fox says she’s going to savor being part of the hottest show on television – however long it lasts.
“We film in Chicago, and I’ve felt like such a rock star filming,” she said. “I mean, we were literally filming on the streets, people were lined up across the street. They were chasing our van, banging on the back of it. I was like, oh, this is what it feels like to be a rock star. Go ‘Empire,’ yasss.”
Below, Vivica tells our friends over at EUR that in real life, she’s more Cookie than Candace.

LISTEN HERE


The winter finale of “Empire” airs Wednesday, Dec. 2, at 9 p.m. on Fox.
Watch a sneak peek of the episode, “Et Tu, Brute?” below. Cookie throws a concert at the prison where she spent 17 years:

WATCH HERE

Ready for Wednesday Night?



New Music Video: Jill Scott - Back Together
From her latest album Woman, Jill Scott drops the visual for “Back Together,” the newest single following “Fools Gold” and the critically acclaimed “You Don’t Know.”
Shot in NYC, the video was directed by Alan Ferguson and features the talented members of the Complexions Contemporary Ballet and a guest appearance by the prodigiously talented Donna Vaughn, a long time principal dancer in Broadway’s Highest grossing musical, “The Lion King”. 

WATCH HERE

The release is coming fresh off the heels of Jill being honored with the first ever ‘Lady of Soul Award’ for her impact in R&B and soul music at the 2015 Soul Train Awards.  



Mark Carson Killer Bragged and was smiling About It In Court!
The man charged with the high profile murder of a gay man in Greenwich Village two years ago appeared in court smiling. Elliot Morales looked upbeat as he arrived in Manhattan Criminal Court on Monday to schedule a trial hearing for December. He is accused of shooting dead 32-year-old Mark Carson after accosting him and his boyfriend, and confirming he was gay.
According to the police who arrested Morales in May 2013, the ex-convict sat on the street in handcuffs laughing and boasting about the killing minutes later.

'Yeah, I shot him in the head,' he said, according to an affidavit. Morales will next appear in court on December 22 to begin his trial.
Police said Carson and his companion were walking down Sixth Avenue near West 8th Street on May 10, 2013, when Morales approached them.

He allegedly called Carson a 'faggot' and a 'queer'. The pair then walked off but Morales allegedly followed them. 'Do you want to die here?' Morales asked Carson, according to police, then demanded to know: 'Is he your boy?'
Carson responded without hesitation: 'Yes.' Then Morales allegedly shot him in the head at point-blank range with a silver Taurus .38-caliber revolver.
The bullet struck Carson in the cheek. He was taken to Beth Israel Hospital, where he died.
The last time Morales addressed presiding judge Charles Soloman was in February this year, when he asked to represent himself.
Judge Soloman slammed the request, telling him: 'You’re basically life in prison. It’s a very, very big decision... I'm not just going to say go ahead and represent yourself.'

Morales has been given a legal adviser, Adam Freeman, who accompanied him on Monday.



Beyonce’s Topshop Clothing Line Gets A Release Date
Late last year it was announced that Beyoncé has partnered with Topshop on a new company focused on streetwear-inspired activewear, and now the clothing line’s release date has been revealed.

According to Huffington Post UK, CEO Phillip Green, confirmed that the athletic fashion range (Parkwood Topshop) will hit stores in April 2016 – and will be sold in 20 countries.
Green says the label is aimed at “women who go to yoga or the health club, as well as those who just want to look as if they do.”

Green also revealed that with it being a 50-50 partnership with Bey, it means the activewear label will have its own team, including a creative director and designers.
“I could not think of a better partner as I continue to grow the Parkwood business,” Beyoncé shared in a statement. “I have always loved Topshop for its fashion credentials and forward thinking.”



Mendeecees Harris sentenced
Mendeecees Harris, 37, of “Love and Hip Hop New York” fame was sentenced today in U.S. District Court in Rochester, NY.  In March 2013, he entered a not guilty plea and faced a mandatory eight to 10 years in prison for federal drug conspiracy.
Harris, and two cohorts, Ronald Walker and Tyrus Harris, were accused of trafficking $2.5 million worth of cocaine and heroin from 2005 through 2012. In August 2012, the feds seized more than $1.5 million in cash from a safety deposit box found in a house believed to be connected to the crime, plus thousands of dollars in jewelry and watches.
Harris received a 97-month prison sentence for the federal drug trafficking crime. He has been free on a bail agreement in which his earnings from the show and his paid public appearances are turned over to the federal government. That amount was more than $100,000 in April but may have significantly grown since then.

Harris’ wife, Yandy Smith, has been by his side throughout his trial. Their wedding was the focus of a VH1 special, “Love & Hip Hop Live: The Wedding.“



Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel fires police chief Gerry McCarthy
Emanuel called McCarthy to inform him that he was being removed from his post.
McCarthy’s firing is the result of the highly disturbing video that was recently released of Chicago police officer Jason VanDyke shooting 17-year-old Laquan McDonald 16 times, killing him. Protests led by youth organizations have called for McCarthy’s resignation. A Black Friday protest succeeded in shutting down Chicago’s Magnificent Mile and affected sales during the biggest shopping day of the holiday season.

The main point of contention, besides the cold-blooded killing of a teenage boy, is why it took so long for the video to be released. Many are concerned about how this settlement was reached without the video being seen and how his mother was able to receive the settlement because McDonald was a ward of the state at the time of his death.

Many of these questions go unanswered at this point in time, however it looks like this will change in the coming days.



Radio ICON Tom Joyner being FORCED TO RETIRE?
Looks like the radio world is about to get shaken up with this news. Sources claim Tom Joyner, the first black nationally syndicated radio host, is allegedly being FORCED to retire early to usher in a new, young, fresher show.

According to the Daily Mail, the 65-year-old radio personality is being forced to retire from radio and will signing off permanently from “The Tom Joyner Morning Show.” We hear his former business associate David Kantor, who also happens to be his best friend, made the decision. The plan is to phase his radio spot out with the departure of President Barack Obama from the White House. Interesting.

Once Tom gets the boot, if true, Radio One is looking to bring in new talent. A source told DM, “They think going with a younger, fresher show is the way to go and the entire plan has been orchestrated by the man who actually launched Tom into syndication originally.”

By the way, other rumors claim Tom isn’t ready to retire. Yikes.

He probably could have branched off and did his own independent show through his website, but reportedly, he doesn't (fully) own it. Radio One acquired a 53% stake in Reach Media for $56.1 million in cash and stock, which gave them ownership rights of “The Tom Joyner Morning Show” and Joyner’s website BlackAmericaWe.com. Damn!

For now, Radio One plans to move Russ Parr’s show in Joyner’s time slots in Washington, D.C. and Baltimore beginning in January. Looks like the beginning of the end.

If true, we wish Tom Joyner nothing but the absolute best! And we salute him for paving the way for other black radio personalities.



Collaboration With Lionel Richie And Adele Almost In The Works 
“Hello” is the one word now when muttered, you think of two people: Lionel Richie and Adele.
Adele’s recent single “Hello,” opens up with the word that was first sung by Richie in the 80’s. Instantly, folks started creating mashups of Adele and Lionel’s classic hit, which thank goodness, has sparked conversation about a collaboration. “We are going to be doing something together—that’s already almost in the works,” he told E! News exclusively.
 “I can almost say that we are talking, but right now she has a mission. Her mission is [to] get her record out and go on tour, so until she finishes that cycle, that won’t happen just yet. She is committed to that,” he explained.

But how does Richie feel about the famous pop star releasing a track so reminiscent of his very own? “You have no idea how many people called me on the phone and said, ‘Are you going to let her get away with that? She stole ‘Hello!” Then I said I don’t own ‘Hello.’ I own the melody,” he told the news outlet during a preview of his new home collection to Manhattan’s top real estate brokers at the TOWN Residential Art Basel kick-off event.

Lionel said, “But, what it did was it blew everything to the ceiling. The conversation came up. If you say Adele and you say Lionel or Lionel and Adele…that’s the best pairing you could have!”



AND FINALLY FROM “THE CRAZY PEOPLE SHOPPING AT WALMART” FILES
‘THE MANLY MUSTACHE’
With a power-stache like that, I don’t think this cowboy fell into the category of funny little “no shave Movember” hipster stache. In fact, he thinks you’re less of a man…because you are.



HAVE A GREAT DAY ALL!!!
EFREM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers