10/4/14

WELL DAMN FANTASIA When it RAINS it sure enough POURS!!



Fantasia’s Ex Files for Full Custody Of Her 13-Year-Old Daughter
Mo’ money, mo’ problems!
Just as Fantasia has found a new God-fearing man and is trying to get her life back on track after splitting with her ex Antwaun Cook, she is now being dealt another blow. Her daughter’s father is attempting to get full custody!

Tasia and her ex Brandel Shouse started dating back in 1998 and broke up in 2003. During that time, their daughter Zion was conceived. Although Fantasia really hasn’t spoken on Zion’s father in the past, she always made it clear that being a single teen mom was a struggle. Now 13 years later, Brandel has filed a lawsuit in Mecklenburg, North Carolina asking for full custody in an attempt to get child support from the singer.

This week, her rep released the statement:

Fantasia Barrino is currently involved in a Child Custody, Visitation, and Child Support legal proceeding filed in Mecklenburg, North Carolina. The lawsuit was filed by Mr. Brandel J. Shouse, the father of Fantasia’s 13-year-old daughter Zion. Despite living in North Carolina, Mr. Shouse had very little personal contact with Zion and has provided no financial support for her. The case will not be heard until 2015. Fantasia is confident that legal process will move forward smoothly and that the Court will make a decision that is in the best interest of Zion.”

Fantasia hopes that her fans understand the sensitive nature of these matters and that she cannot share with them all of the details at this time. Fantasia also knows that all of her ‘Baby Mama’ fans know exactly what she is going though and will support her as she continues to take wonderful and complete care of her daughter.
During her VH1 “Behind The Music” special, Fantasia said that her relationship with Brandel went south when they moved in together after she gave birth to Zion and Brandel actually punched her in the face.

I let that relationship go because it was unhealthy for me. I knew that I didn’t want a man to ever put their hands on me again and I wanted the best for my daughter.[...]We just started fighting really bad.[...]Where was I going, where was he going… who was going to watch the baby…. every little thing we just began to fight about. We used to argue all the time … just crazy, stupid things.”
Brandel also admitted to punching her in the same special while saying:

I punched her, actually, yeah. I know it was very much a mistake and I regret it… she went down crying.
Fantasia continued:

I got up. I remember looking in the mirror and I checked my face. My whole, this eye was shut… and some bruises. After that day, we split up.

If this guy hasn’t been around for the bulk of his daughter’s life, nor provided financial support, how does he expect to get custody?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers