10/13/14

The Daily Buzz For Oct 14


Anne Hathaway Covers Harper’s Bazaar
Anne Hathaway has been receiving a lot of hate lately and she is finally responding to all of the “Hathahate” in the most recent issue Harper’s Bazaar. Click after the heartbeat to learn more of what Anne Hathaway has to say to all of her haters, and don’t forget to pick your copy of the issue when it hits newsstands soon…

From Haper’s Bazaar:
We’ve all done it. Watched an awards show—red carpet, speeches, audience reactions—and judged, and judged, and judged. And it’s fun, right? Sitting on the couch, captivated by our own cleverness. Occasionally someone comes up with a catchy term, like Brangelina, or Robsten (circa 2010). Or Hathahater. It just trips off the tongue, doesn’t it? You could practically trademark it.

The problem is, there’s an actual person, Anne Hathaway, at whom this brutally jaunty phrase is directed. A woman who is sincere to a fault, as earnest as quinoa. A woman who is warm and funny, who has a laugh as big as her personality. Hathaway somehow attracted this “hate” during the 2013 awards season (when she won the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress, for her portrayal of Fantine in Les Misérables) through her perceived inauthenticity, her very actress-ness.

Almost two years later, Hathaway is the first to admit that public speaking isn’t her strength. “I really struggle with it—it makes me incredibly anxious,” she says, scooping up some eggs and sausage (no more veganism, but more on that later) at New York’s Greenwich Hotel. She also enjoys a heavy-handed metaphor. “I’m really good at those in my acting,” she adds wryly, “and in my life.”

One thing Hathaway’s not into, however: a pity party. It’s rare that an actress will admit an image problem to her publicist, let alone the general public. Cut to a conference room at Bazaar this past summer, where the legendary art director George Lois collaborated with Hathaway on the concept for this cover story. “So some people don’t like you, right?” Lois asks. “Yep,” she replies.

So here we are, kissing and making up. “What are we supposed to do—pretend like it didn’t happen?” Hathaway asks. It happened all right, a steady lava of invective that began after her Golden Globes acceptance speech and continued for six weeks, all the way to the Oscars, with “Hathahater” echoing around social media for a year after that. “People treated me a certain way,” she says. “But I’ve grown from it. This whole thing has made me a way more compassionate and loving person. And I don’t feel sorry for myself.”

As she was preparing for the Golden Globes, Hathaway had just come off a wave of press that focused on her losing weight and shaving her head to play Fantine. “I damaged my health during Les Mis, which I didn’t want to mention in case it seemed like I was courting sympathy,” she says. She was exhausted, flu-ridden, and frustrated about the lack of interest in the character and in the issue of sexual slavery. So when Hathaway won the award for Best Supporting Actress, she was “weirdly presentational. One of the things I’ve been accused of is being inauthentic. And they were right—but not for the reason they thought.

“I couldn’t tie this moment to what I really wanted to say,” she continues. “And that’s on me, because Lupita did it,” she observes of Lupita N’yongo’s graceful speech on winning Best Supporting Actress earlier this year for 12 Years a Slave. Hathaway “fumbled through the end,” got offstage, and realized that she’d forgotten to thank her manager of 15 years, who was battling cancer. “One of my most regretted life moments,” she says. When Les Misérables won for Best Musical or Comedy, Hathaway asked the film’s producer Eric Fellner if she could say something else. “While everyone was still getting onstage, I spoke. I should have gone after everyone else. I own that; it was rude. People saw that as grabby, I guess. I don’t know.”

The next day, Hathaway had some friends over to brainstorm a Funny or Die video about celebrity pregnancy rumors, “like, could we get Jen Aniston to talk about how long she’s actually been gestating, according to the tabloids.” While Googling her own pregnancy rumors, it popped up in an article asking, “Why does everyone hate Anne Hathaway?”

Punched in the gut,” she remembers. “Shocked and slapped and embarrassed. Even now I can feel the shame.” Hathaway had also just turned 30 and gotten married, to Adam Shulman, two life-altering moments that got mixed up in a roiling pot of bad PR. “I was in crisis,” she says. “Now I’d be fine. I really would be. I’d let it roll off my back, but at the time I was still partly Fantine. I was still identifying with being a victim.”

Victim or no, it sucked. Abuse was thrown at Hathaway as regularly as borrowed jewels. And on top of that, there was Dressgate. For the Oscars, “I found a dress, like a month before,” she explains. “It was the most beautiful, reflective, shimmery dress—rainbows were going to dance off me.” However, the day before the ceremony, Hathaway was called by a tearful stylist’s assistant saying that the dress had already been worn. So she regrouped, choosing a gown by Valentino. “I love the house, and he’s my buddy,” she says of the famed designer, with whom she has been friends for years. “One of my favorite people in the entire world. It all made sense.” But that night, at Oscar rehearsals, her Les Misérables castmate Amanda Seyfried showed Hathaway her Alexander McQueen dress. “And it’s a lilac version of my dress. Two completely different designers.” At 10 o’clock the night before the Oscars, “I didn’t have a friggin’ dress, which I normally wouldn’t care about …” Long pause. “But I really needed a dress, and everybody hates me, and I just really needed a dress.”

On the morning of the Oscars, a pale pink satin Prada gown arrived at Hathaway’s house. “I was like, ‘Wow! I can do this. It’s beautiful. It’s appropriate. It’s modern. It’s minimal.’ ” Minimalism needs tailoring, and tailoring took time Hathaway didn’t have. “I look in the mirror, turn to Adam, and say, ‘It looks like my nipples are hard.’ He says, ‘You look beautiful. Your nipples look pointy. The red carpet’s about to close. We gotta go.’ ”

Anyway, yes, “it came true.” Hathaway won the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress, for a performance that was a true feat of commitment and physical extremes. And she lost, for committing the crime of public earnestness.

After winning an Oscar, they say that a girl’s phone rings off the hook. For Hathaway, it was the opposite. “I had directors say to me, ‘I think you’re great. You’re perfect for this role, but I don’t know how audiences will accept you because of all this stuff, this baggage,’ ” she recalls. Then Christopher Nolan called. Hathaway had last worked with Nolan on The Dark Knight Rises, in which she played Catwoman. He wanted to take her into space. “Once it was announced that I was doing Interstellar,” she remembers, “thankfully the phone started ringing again.”

In Interstellar, out this month, Hathaway plays an astronaut who ventures into space alongside Matthew McConaughey to save an endangered Earth. “She’s very serious, very prickly,” she says. Very non-Hathaway, and, at the time, very necessary. “I watched my first scene the other day and I was like, ‘Oh, my God! Chris, I’m such a bitch!’ And he said [she puts on a droll British accent], ‘Yeah, but you grow quite fond of her.’ ”

The shoot entailed several weeks in Iceland, with Hathaway spending most of her days in a 40-pound space suit. That’s where she bid veganism adieu. “I just didn’t feel good or healthy,” she says, “not strong.” Cut to a Reykjavík restaurant and an adventurous costar who said that they should try everything: She caved with a fresh piece of fish—”from a stream I could see from where I was sitting.” The next day she “just felt better.” So now, when she needs chicken soup for the soul, she’ll have chicken soup.

More recently Hathaway has been back in New York, shooting The Intern with Robert De Niro (he’s the intern), and contemplating what daring means to her. “It’s easier to think about the way I’m least daring. When I meet people for the first time, I’m friendly but shy. I’m much less outwardly nervous than I used to be, but I still get anxious sometimes.” What else? She looks down at her clear brogues. “I’m not very daring in my street style, usually because there’s a photographer around!” Today she’s wearing her “favorite shirt in the world,” an Iro tank that reads, NO BAD VIBES. “I am getting more daring now—I’ll wear my mom jeans in public that haven’t been tailored ‘just so’ yet, just because they feel good. For a long time I was afraid of the harsh things people would say about me, but I might as well be happy.”

One of the ways Hathaway is daring is with the menfolk. “I have no problem making the first move when I see a guy I like,” she announces. Like with Shulman, her husband of two years. “I was in L.A. when I met him. I was told he had a girlfriend, and I backed off because I’m not that girl. Then when I found out six weeks later that he didn’t have a girlfriend, I was like, ‘We should throw a party. We should invite Adam.’ ” And the rest is history. “From the very first second we knew it was a very powerful and exciting connection we had,” she says. “And it just gets better.” Shulman is widely acknowledged to be one of the nicest chaps around. “There’s no pushing him around,” she adds, “but he’s so gentle and present.”

Hathaway’s other daring move: her career path. “Even though I’ve had great success, touch wood, it hasn’t been easy. A lot of people have told me, ‘You’re not this and so can’t play that,’ and I can’t tell you the amount of times I’ve been told I’m not sexy. I just go: ‘I’m a lot of things. Just because I don’t wear my sexiness overtly doesn’t mean that I can’t become that girl for a role. That’s what I do; I become things. Use your imagination, buddy.’ So in terms of not listening to what other people told me about who I was as an actress and then really pursuing it, I think I’ve been daring in that way.”

Hathaway tips a daring hat to, number one, Tilda Swinton. “Tilda is it, but she’s so cool about it. She’s so cool, she’d be like, ‘Oh, it’s not daring. I just did it.’ Hmm, Jonathan Demme”—who directed Hathaway to her first Oscar nomination, for Rachel Getting Married—”he’s still my mentor and hero. And Matthew McConaughey is the most daring man I know. He never judged himself along the way, and it’s all come together for him so wholly and deeply. He is totally himself.”

When it comes to style, “Leandra Medine from [the blog] Man Repeller. I feel empowered by her. Not just her humor; she reminds me of Diana Vreeland. She wants girls to dress for themselves, be goofy, awesome girls. I have a Pinterest board, which is called Closet Crush, and it’s just all her and Jane Birkin and a little Sophia Amoruso because I think she’s fabulous too.”

Ask Hathaway about her most daring outfit and the answer is swift: “I fucking think that pink Oscar dress!” She laughs. “Now that you know the backstory, that was by far in a way the most daring dress I have ever worn. It maybe didn’t look it, but that was it.”

Now that dress—and everything that came with it—is on the shelf. After The Intern, Hathaway is heading to London to reprise her role as the White Queen, in the sequel to Alice in Wonderland: Through the Looking Glass. And after that, a long break, some work with an initiative called the Girl Effect, and “being home. I don’t want to hunt down jobs right now. I want to take it easy and explore other things,” she says, smiling. “Other aspects of myself.”


“American Horror Story: Freak Show” Scores Ratings Record & Fifth Season!
Things are looking great for Ryan Murphy’s “American Horror Story: Freak Show” as Season Four’s premiere had the highest ratings ever for the FX Network.
Nabbing 13 million total viewers, the program topped all other shows for the 20-year history of the channel, leading CEO John Landgraf to declare, “The American Horror Story anthology has had the highest growth trajectory of any show in FX history, not to mention an unprecedented track record of success in awards recognition.”

“With Nip/Tuck, Glee, The Normal Heart, and American Horror Story, Ryan Murphy has established himself as one of the most successful and prolific producers of this generation. We expect AHS: Freak Show and the next incarnation of AHS to further his legacy,” he added.

To that end, FX has already ordered a fifth season of “American Horror Story,” so Mr. Murphy and his team had better get to work on 13 new episodes!



“American Horror Story: Freak Show” Scores Ratings Record & Fifth Season!
Things are looking great for Ryan Murphy’s “American Horror Story: Freak Show” as Season Four’s premiere had the highest ratings ever for the FX Network.
Nabbing 13 million total viewers, the program topped all other shows for the 20-year history of the channel, leading CEO John Landgraf to declare, “The American Horror Story anthology has had the highest growth trajectory of any show in FX history, not to mention an unprecedented track record of success in awards recognition.”

“With Nip/Tuck, Glee, The Normal Heart, and American Horror Story, Ryan Murphy has established himself as one of the most successful and prolific producers of this generation. We expect AHS: Freak Show and the next incarnation of AHS to further his legacy,” he added.

To that end, FX has already ordered a fifth season of “American Horror Story,” so Mr. Murphy and his team had better get to work on 13 new episodes!


N.W.A. Gets Nominated for Induction Into the 2015 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame!
N.W.A has been nominated for next year’s class of Rock & Roll Hall of Fame! Other legendary musical acts that were also nominated include Chic, Bill Withers, The Marvelettes, Sting, and Green Day. According to Rockhall.com, the official site for the R&R Hall of Fame, the official inductees will be announced at a later date.

The fact that N.W.A. has been considered to join past inductees like Michael Jackson, Nirvana, and Crosby, Stills, and Nash is incredible in itself. The group was VERY famous for its nonchalant, in-your-face lyrics and overall raw and gritty personas. N.W.A. made sure that everyone heard their blunt opinions and harsh take on life and as a result, they quickly became known as “the world’s most dangerous group.” Some of their most famous songs include “F*** The Police,” “Straight Outta Compton,” and “Express Yourself.”

I’m looking forward to finding out whether N.W.A. will make the cut and become one of the newest additions to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame roster! We will keep you posted!


Your Nightcap Bodybuilder; Simeon Panda
Simeon Panda is your Morning Goods, I hope that you will enjoy the famous bodybuilder who has been featured in national publications, television talk shows, and even endorsements for nutrition and fitness supplements. He is known internationally for his fitness and bodybuilding techniques. 
Below are links to his Instagram and Official Website, and even more pictures of Simeon Panda…


Now tap into his sites and learn more!


Tamar Braxton, Keyshia Cole & Jazmine Sullivan ROCK The Stage At V-103’s "For Sisters Only" Concert 
Atlanta radio station V-103 held its 2014 “For Sisters Only” concert at the World Congress Center. And Tamar Braxton, Keyshia Cole and Jazmine Sullivan performed before a sold-out crowd with soulful and heartfelt performances.
Host of the event, LL Cool J was spotted snapping pics with performer Keyshia Cole and “LAHH ATL” star Momma Dee.
Momma Dee and her wiggery caught up with V-103 radio personality Big Tigger. Sighs...
"R&B Divas: Atlanta" star Meelah Williams and her neon nails were spotted in the audience.
Then "Ms Get Yo Life" Tamar Braxton slayed the stage with her performance. 
Looks like she has perfected her "I'm-about-to-tear-this-stage-up" stance.
Work! 
Also hitting the stage....
Keyshia Cole (who released her sixth studio album Point of No Return this week) rocked the mic with a soulful performance.
In other Keyshia news, Cleveland Cavaliers Kyrie Irving just bought the Ohio home she shared with her estranged husband Daniel "Boobie" Gibson. He struck a deal paying $800,000 for the two-story home when the asking price was at least $1.1 million.

Singer Jazmine Sullivan (who recently returned to the music industry) belted out some of her hits.
LL Cool J and his extravagent jacket were tapped for the hosting duties.
A few more shots of people and the things that were going on at FSO 2014!
LOL…Fun Times I’m sure!


Chris Brown Says Ebola May Be Population Control 
Now that Ebola is in America–and killing people, Americans have begun to try and wrap their head around the cause of the deadly virus. And by wrapping their head around it, we mean conspiracy theories and jokes.
Leading the charge for the former is none other than the honorable Chris Brown. The already-scrutinized singer risked further career damage by sharing his opinions on the virus tweeting, “I don’t know…But I think this Ebola epidemic is a form of population control. Sh*t is getting crazy bruh,” before retorting to the silence with “Let me shut my black ass up!”


Matt Barnes & Gloria Barnes Call It Quits?
Is there trouble in paradise for one of Basketball Wives‘ most controversial couples?
First Nick and Mariah, then Wiz and Amber, and since trouble usually comes in threes, the rumor is that Matt and Gloria Barnes are the latest couple to call it quits. It was just a month ago that they were all smiles at their 2nd Annual Athletes vs. Cancer Flag Football Game, but recently Matt stirred the pot when he posted a pic of his new crib on Instagram.
Wanted to thank @livingspaces for there help with furnishing my new condo.. Just need to add a few things here & there, but I really appreciate it!!

These two have had some on-again-off-again moments that have played out for the world to see. Back during their Basketball Wives days, they called off their wedding just days before they were scheduled to get hitched. The couple eventually got back together and tied the knot during a quick weekend trip to Vegas.

Gloria also posted a few photos recently while on the red carpet of a Children’s Hospital Gala, and noticeably missing is her wedding ring.
Yikes! If we have learned one thing, it’s that relationships are hard, and when you are in the public eye, it can be even more difficult!


The Party is Over: Phaedra Parks Lawyers Up To End Her Union to Apollo Nida
It has been reported that “Real Housewives of Atlanta” Phaedra Parks is filing for divorce from Apollo Nida! Nearly one month after Apollo Nida reported to a minimum-security prison in Lexington, Kentucky to serve his 8 year federal stint for a fraud conviction, reports have surfaced claiming that famed attorney and star of Bravo’s hit reality show “Real Housewives of Atlanta” Phaedra Parks is in the process of filing for divorce from Nida following five years of marriage.

According to CNN Entertainment and E! Online, a representative for Parks, Steve Honig, has stated that she has “retained an attorney with the intent of amicably ending her marriage.” Shortly before Nida left to serve his sentence, he accused Parks of not supporting him during his sentencing and felt as if she was “distant,” which some would say actually predicted their marriage’s demise.

Nida was convicted of bank fraud and identity theft and as a result, he was sentenced to serve time for his crimes, including five years probation after being released.
Divorce is never easy on anyone especially when there are children involved. We wish Parks and Nida the best and hope that things can be handled peacefully.


Waka Flocka Arrested For Gun Possession At Atlanta Airport
Waka Flocka was arrested at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport on Friday, after security found a loaded gun in his bag.
According to TMZ, Waka didn’t have a permit, so he was arrested and charged with Carrying a Weapon in a Prohibited Place – and then taken to Clayton County jail.
His mother and rep, Debra Antney, tells the site that he grabbed his wife Tammy Rivera‘s bag (which contained the gun) by mistake. She says they are in the process of moving and all their belongings were mixed up in the move – which is how the gun ended up in the bag.


Kevin Durant' s FOOT FRACTURE Will Sideline Him For 6-8 WEEKS + Kevin's EX-Fiancee Monica Wright Says God Told Her To Call Off Engagement!
A few months ago, OK Thunder forward Kevin Durant was on a career high, accepting his first MVP honor from the NBA and now, he's  expected to sit-out his first month of the season.
A new report from ESPN.com reveals that Kevin was diagnosed with a Jones fracture, a broken bone at the base of the small toe, and will miss from 6-8 weeks of the new season.
Thunder general manager Sam Presti said "From what I've been told, a Jones fracture is the most common surgical procedure performed on NBA players as of late. It has happened enough so that there is enough of a body of work to look at an average recovery time.  We're really fortunate that we're catching it when we're catching it. We are very fortunate that Kevin notified us yesterday and that we're kind of catching it on the front end, before this became more of an acute issue."

Sam added that the "stress injury" happened over time and it's good the Kevin has caught it.  Kevin tweeted his followers,

In related news...
Would you walk away from a relationship with a bonafide NBA superstar because he cheated? Monica Wright did. In the latest issue of RISEN Magazine, the WNBA Minnesoa Lynx star revealed that she walked away from her one-year engagement to Kevin Durant due to infidelity. She told the magazine that is was her faith in God that helped her make that decision.
“Yeah, in my last relationship [with NBA All-Star Kevin Durant], I had to make a decision about compromising myself as a woman. I had to make a decision to leave a relationship, which a lot of people thought I was crazy to leave. There was a lot of criticism over it. But I think God had my back in it. Because I hold to what I know to be true, that is what God will reward instead of what people on the earth think is a good catch.”

Does God factor into your decision when picking a mate?



Drake Spotted Out With Lira Galore, Denies Dating Her
Strippers and Internet models looking to come up off Drake may still have a fighting chance. That’s because the rapper is somewhat denying he’s dating model/exotic dancer Lira Galore.

The e-streets were abuzz last week with talks of Drake and Lira being an item after Lira began posting half-naked selfies from Drake’s bathroom, dinner pics and St. Martin vacation pics. But according to Drake and despite the picture above, Lira’s just a tax write-off.

The rapper explained on his Instagram yesterday that he’s not in St. Martin for some “romStrippers and Internet models looking to come up off Drake may still have a fighting chance. That’s because the rapper is somewhat denying he’s dating model/exotic dancer Lira Galore.

The e-streets were abuzz last week with talks of Drake and Lira being an item after Lira began posting half-naked selfies from Drake’s bathroom, dinner pics and St. Martin vacation pics. But according to Drake and despite the picture above, Lira’s just a tax write-off.

The rapper explained on his Instagram yesterday that he’s not in St. Martin for some “romantic sh-t,” but to shoot a video for his rapper friend, P Reign.

Out here directing a video for my brother who I’ve watched grow for YEARS @preignking. He’s always looked out for me and it’s an honor to be able to do the same. #MakingHardWorkLookEasy #RepsUp #OVO #NotHereOnSomeRomanticShit #ChampagneBubblaz
Lira may also have not been the only chick to get a golden ticket. Going by this caption, Bow Wow’s ex Ayisha Diaz is also on the island with Drake shooting a video:

DNF video @preignking @champagnepapi@ayishadiaz0 @lira_galore#NoVacationEvenOnVacation
All work and no play?

Last week, after photos of Lira and Drake dining in the same location made their way online, Jhonni Blaze (who works at the same strip club as Lira) filed a police report claiming that Drake threatened her over texts after they had a weekend tryst. She also leaked a few texts that showed that she had a disagreement with Drake over him flying Lira out to Toronto.

Drake's text exchange with Jhonni Blaze 4 Drake texts to Jhonni Blaze
Days later, Internet model Shaye G, also filed a report claiming she too was threatened by Drake after she posted photos of some bags he bought her on the ‘gram..


He hasn’t been charged of any wrongdoing in either incident as of yet.
Until proven otherwise, it seems as though his relationship with Lira may be strictly business.



Video: Keyshia Cole – “Heat Of Passion”
Keyshia Cole delivers the video for “Heat of Passion,” another song from her newly released album, Point of No Return. As she cruises the streets to clear her head, after discovering that her lover (played by Don Benjamin) is cheating; he turns to a bottle of liquor and a loaded gun – ending his life.

Keyshia’s new album landed in stores Oct. 7th, featuring guest appearances from 2 Chainz, Juicy J, Future, and more.

Watch the video HERE 
Thoughts?


AND FINALLY FROM “THE CRAZY PEOPLE SHOPPING AT WALMART” FILES
'BOW BOW BETTY'
The gift that keeps on giving….LOL! 


HAVE A GREAT DAY ALL!
EFREM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers