10/25/14

PRAY For Danielle “Dee” Spencer She’s Diagnosed With Breast Cancer!



PRAY FOR Danielle “Dee” Spencer She’s Diagnosed With Breast Cancer
Former child star Danielle Spencer was recently diagnosed with breast cancer, ABC News blogs reports. Spencer, who is best known for her role as the feisty “Dee” on 1970s sitcom, “What’s Happening!!” said cancer runs in her family.

From ABC News Blogs:
Speaking out for Breast Cancer Awareness month, Spencer, 49, who is now a veterinarian, told BlackAmericaWeb that her diagnosis last month took her by surprise.
“With everything that I’ve been through with the spinal cord injury, I said I know God is not going to give me another affliction,” she said, referring to a 1977 car accident, during the sitcom’s run, that lead to near-paralysis for a time. “So I was completely shocked when the doctors told me.”
Though the news came as a surprise, Spencer said the disease runs in her family.
“I have a lot of help and support around me,” she said.
She’s currently considering her treatment options, with surgery at the top of the list.
“I’m trying to get as many opinions as possible but it does look like that is what I’m going to do,” she said. “Hopefully after that there won’t be any chemotherapy or radiation involved.”

She’s in our Thoughts and Prayers!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers