9/2/12

New Video NaS- "Bye Bye Baby"


CLICK HERE TO FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! 

NaS New Video “Bye Bye Baby”
At least I can say I tried plus enjoyed the ride. Bye Baby’
As Nas continues promoting his most personal album to date, ‘Life Is Good’, we finally get visuals to his tell-all track about the decline of he and Kelis’ relationship, “Bye Baby”. In the clip, Nas dramatizes the couple’s whole divorce era from his point of view starting with finding all of Kelis’ things gone from their home except for a piece of her wedding dress. He then begins to reflect on their relationship over cognac while watching the wedding footage.
“Wanted you as my shorty since before I saw you screaming, Hate you so much right now /Should’ve saw the meaning, angry black woman,
Actions of a demon, I’m leaving”
Even though Nas spends most of the track reminiscing on his failed marriage before signing over half of his fortune, he ends it on a positive note by saying that he still believes in love.
“And all I seen was selfish cowards, under they breath/ Saying why did Nas trust her
But look at yourself, speak louder bro/ You live with your babymoms and scared to make an honest woman out of her
And make her your bride, fake pimps you ain’t even alive/ At least I can say I tried plus enjoyed the ride
Plus we got our little boy, my little joy and pride/ He got my nose, my grill, your colour, your eyes
Next go round I hope I pick the truest type and watch me do it all again
It’s a beautiful life, aight”

WATCH:

Backed by a sample of Guy's "Goodbye Love," the Nas' "Bye Baby" single tells the story of his romance and breakup with ex-wife Kelis. With folks like Omar Benson Miller,  Lance Gross and Mr. Hall offering support, the Aristole-directed clip shows Nas cleaning out his ex's closet and finding her green wedding dress.  He also reflects on their time together and signs divorce papers.
Lance Gross had fun on the set tweeting, "One set of @nasnyc 's "Bye Baby" video. Shout out to the legend Aaron hall! #lifeisgood #4real #Goodtimes"
It’s hard not to wonder what Kelis thinks about all of this. Nas definitely turned the tables on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers