2/4/20

The Daily Buzz For Feb 5 ☕πŸ“°☕

Billie Eilish for Vogue US - March 2020!
Billie Eilish covers the March 2020 issue of Vogue magazine photographed by Hassan Hajjaj, Ethan James Green, Harley Weir and Nastya Kovtun and styled by fashion editor Alex Harrington.
On the public’s perception of her being a rule breaker: “This whole time I’ve been getting this one sentence, like, I’m a rule-breaker. Or I’m anti-pop, or whatever. It’s like, where, though? What rule did I break?”

On the public’s expectations: “Maybe people see me as a rule-breaker because they themselves feel like they have to follow rules, and here I am not doing it. That’s great, if I can make someone feel more free to do what they actually want to do instead of what they are expected to do. But for me, I never realized that I was expected to do anything. I guess that’s what is actually going on—that I never knew there was a thing I had to follow. Nobody told me that sh*t, so I did what I wanted.”
On her sweep at the Grammys: “That s**t was f**king crazy. If anything it’s an exciting thing for the kids who make music in their bedroom. We’re making progress, I think, in that place—kids who don’t have enough money to use studios..”

On pop stardom and being able to identify with pop stars that fame has “disfigured”: “As a fan growing up, I was always like, What the f**k is wrong with them? All the scandals. The Britney moment. You grow up thinking they’re pretty and they’re skinny; why would they f**k it up? But the bigger I get, the more I’m like, Oh, my God, of course they had to do that. In my dark places I’ve worried that I was going to become the stereotype that everybody thinks every young artist becomes, because how can they not? Last year, when I was at my lowest point during the tour in Europe, I was worried I was going to have a breakdown and shave my head.”
On making it clear that her boyish, skater look is not a protest: “The positive comments about how I dress have this slut-shaming element. Like, ‘I am so glad that you’re dressing like a boy, so other girls can dress like boys, so that they aren’t sluts.’ That’s basically what it sounds like to me. And I can’t overstate how strongly I do not appreciate that, at all.”
Vogue’s February 2020 issue is available on newsstands in NY/LA February 11th, and nationwide February 18th.


#RHOA: Porsha Williams Was Almost Fired From ‘Real Housewives Of Atlanta,’ Says Andy Cohen!
According to Andy Cohen, who often interviews RHOA cast members on his program Watch What Happens Live, producers weren’t sure if they should keep Williams on or not and had discussions about why she should be released.
“At the end of Porsha’s first season, she was at the reunion, and it had just been announced like a day before, Kordell [Stewart] was leaving her and there was a fairly healthy dialogue amongst the producers about whether Porsha was going to come back at that time,” Cohen revealed on the Jenny McCarthy Show on Friday (January 31). “This was the end of her first season.”

It would be the reunion that would ultimately save Porsha’s spot on the show, according to Cohen. “She got up there at that reunion and I was watching her and I was like, ‘Oh my God,’ I left, I was like, ‘I stand for Porsha, that was incredible’ and she cemented her place on the show,” he described.
“She gave like a two-minute soliloquy about who she was and how she was gonna live her life going forward and this was not going to define her and she’s stronger than this and I was like, ‘Oh my god’. I totally underestimated this woman and look at where she is now on the show,” he explained.

Andy Cohen says that in general, it can be difficult to predict whether newcomers on RHOA will remain on the show past a season.
“It’s interesting how things change through the season,” said. “Even you could be saying, ‘Oh well I don’t think this person’s coming back’ and then something could happen at the reunion where it changes.”

Porsha Williams’ relationship with her fiancΓ©e Dennis McKinley has been creating headlines recently. McKinley admitted to cheating on Porsha and has since been trying to install trust between the two.


#NewMusic from PJ Morton “MAGA?”
R&B star PJ Morton kicks off a celebration of Black History month by releasing the video for his song “MAGA?” featuring Angela Rye. The song was the final track on his latest album “Paul”, and included the lyrics:
“I can have all the money and the fame and they still don’t care, cause if I get pulled over I still gotta live in fear. Martin said injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. I hope we can get there.”

He brings those lyrics to life in the new visual which included commentary from CNN political commentator Angela Rye. She challenges the timeline of America’s greatness, name-checking Emmett Till, Terence Crutcher, The Central Park 5, Emanuel 9, Rodney King, Philando Castile, Sandra Bland, Pamela Turner, and Eric Garner.

LISTEN HERE

This comes just a week after PJ Morton won his second Grammy Award for “Best R&B Song”. PJ is up for his first-ever NAACP Image nominations this month, including Outstanding Male Artist.
The singer has also finished a new album he’ll be sharing soon!


#HipHopNews: G-Eazy And Megan Thee Stallion Spark Dating Rumors After PDA-Filled Video!
G-Eazy and Megan Thee Stallion are packing on the PDA.The Oakland rapper, 30, and Houston hottie, 24, were all over each other during Super Bowl weekend in Miami. G-Eazy posted an Instagram Stories video of himself hugging and kissing the Hot Girl on the cheek while she wrapped her body around him. Meg was more focused on the camera, putting her arm around G-Eazy as she sang along to Roddy Ricch’s “High Fashion.”
It’s unclear if they’re actually a couple or if it was just for the ‘Gram. The video was eventually deleted. However, G-Eazy also posted a photo of Meg and captioned it with four blue heart emojis.
Megan shared the same photo on her page, prompting G-Eazy to comment with the rolling eyes emoji. She replied with two of the same emojis. She also shared an IG Story of herself taking shots with G-Eazy and their friends.

Meg was previously in a relationship with Moneybagg Yo, while G-Eazy dated Halsey before the two broke up in 2018. Over the weekend, Halsey called out a heckler who kept saying her ex’s name while she performed during a pre-Super Bowl party.


Jennifer Lopez Comments on Kids in Cages After Poignant Super Bowl Moment!
Jennifer Lopez is speaking out about one of the most powerful moments of her Super Bowl Halftime Show.
Near the end of the show, Jennifer‘s 11-year-old daughter Emme sang “Let’s Get Loud” while sitting in a circular cage and other children were also seen in the cages. This represented what is happening at the border, where people, including many children, have been held in cages.
“All I want my girls, the little girls on stage with me and all over the world to know is how to use their voices and be proud of everything they are. Other people can try to build walls, keep us out or put us in cages. We are proud to recognize that all of us together are what makes this beautiful country truly great,” Jennifer said.

Emme also sang “Born in the USA” while standing next to her mom, who held up the flag for Puerto Rico – which is a United States territory!


Dwyane Wade Shuts Down Terry Crews Apology!
Over the weekend Terry Crews apologized for doubling down on his decision to publicly dispute Gabrielle Union's claims of sexism and racism behind the scenes on America's Got Talent [click here if you missed that].
Gabrielle Union's husband, Dwyane Wade, was NOT here for it...
After Terry's apology went viral D Wade Tweeted, "Somebody please take Terry Crew's phone" and made sure to @ him.


Colin Kaepernick and Nessa Diab Is Questioning Why JAY-Z and BeyoncΓ© Sat During National Anthem!
Grimes'post showed TMZ’s headline about the Carters, with an added thinking Memoji and the line, “I thought we were ‘past kneeling’ tho?”
When JAY-Z and the NFL announced a partnership last year that would see him consult on the Super Bowl halftime show, JAY addressed Kaep's national anthem protest. "We forget that Colin's whole thing was to bring attention to social injustice. In that case, this is a success," Hov said. "This is the next phase. There [are] two parts of protesting. You go outside and you protest, and then the company or individual says, 'I hear you. What do we do next?'"

TMZ reports that Kaepernick went to the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture in Harlem on Sunday, choosing to skip on watching his former team lose the Super Bowl. He met with employees and toured the building, later joining Eric Reid and 100 Suits for 100 Men at the SCO Family Shelter in Jamaica, Queens.

Kaep wrapped up his day serving meals for the less fortunate with other volunteers.


The Broadway Play 'Hamilton' by original cast coming to a movie theater near you!
NEW YORK (AP) — Next year, you'll be able to see the original Broadway cast of “Hamilton” perform the musical smash from the comfort of a movie theater.
The Walt Disney Company said Monday it will distribute a four-year-old live capture of Lin-Manuel Miranda's show in the United States and Canada on Oct. 15, 2021.
The groundbreaking, biographical hip-hop show about the life of Treasury Secretary Alexander Hamilton won 11 Tony Awards and made numerous tours.

The film was made at the Richard Rodgers Theatre on Broadway in June of 2016 and will star all of the original Tony Award winners — Miranda as Alexander Hamilton; Daveed Diggs as Marquis de Lafayette/Thomas Jefferson; RenΓ©e Elise Goldsberry as Angelica Schuyler; and Leslie Odom Jr. as Aaron Burr.
Others who star include Christopher Jackson as George Washington; Jonathan Groff as King George; Phillipa Soo as Eliza Hamilton; Jasmine Cephas Jones as Peggy Schuyler/Maria Reynolds; Okieriete Onaodowan as Hercules Mulligan/James Madison; and Anthony Ramos as John Laurens/Philip Hamilton. The filmed version is directed by the show's director, Tommy Kail.

“We are thrilled for fans of the show, and new audiences across the world, to experience what it was like onstage – and in the audience – when we shot this," Kail said in a statement.


Chris Brown’s Lawyers Drop Him In Alleged Home Rape Case, Attorneys Say Singer Failed To Meet Contract Obligations!
Chris Brown has been dropped by the lawyers who were defending him in his case involving an alleged rape that took place in his home.

On Monday, The Blast reported that the 30-year-old singer’s legal representation is no longer interested in defending the celeb and have filed motions requesting they be released from the case. The case stems from a 2017 incident, in which a woman who filed the lawsuit under the name Jane Doe, claimed that she was sexually assaulted during a party that took place at Brown’s Tarzana home. She claimed she was assaulted by Brown’s friend Lowell Grissom Jr.
In the filing, the woman alleged that Brown tried to give her cocaine, marijuana, and molly before Grissom took advantage of her. But now, in Newly filed documents from one of Brown’s lawyers, Blair Berk, claims the singer failed to meet his obligations under their contract. The Blast reports that Berk’s firm was brought on to assist with Brown’s primary lawyer, Zia Modabber.

“Over the past several months, Mr. Brown has not met his material obligations under the terms of our engagement letter and has rendered it unreasonably difficult for Tarlow & Berk to carry out the representation effectively. Our relationship with Mr. Brown has come to a point where Tarlow & Brown and I can no longer adequately defend or represent him,” Berk said in a statement. Berk says she never had the singer’s number and would only communicate with him via his manager, Ant Wilson. Modabber followed suit along with Berk by also filing to drop Brown. She said she too experienced the same issues with Brown.

Jane Doe accused Brown of showing off firearms during the party and carrying a gun in his waistband in her original lawsuit. The Blast reports that Brown was ordered to turn over all the numbers he used since February 23, 2017, but he has argued against it, claiming Jane Doe only wants to harass him. The case is still ongoing.


Friends' David Schwimmer Apologizes for Diversity Comments: 'I Didn't Mean to Imply Living Single Hadn't Existed'!
David Schwimmer is responding to a Living Single actress who called him out on social media for comments in a recent interview.
In late January, Schwimmer spoke about Friends‘ legacy with The Guardian. During the conversation, the actor addressed the show’s ongoing popularity and its recent criticisms regarding its lack of racial diversity.

“I don’t care,” he said of the modern-day reflection on the series, which ran from 1994 to 2004. “That show was groundbreaking in its time for the way in which it handled so casually sex, protected sex, gay marriage and relationships… You have to look at it from the point of view of what the show was trying to do at the time. I’m the first person to say that maybe something was inappropriate or insensitive, but I feel like my barometer was pretty good at that time. I was already really attuned to social issues and issues of equality.”
Schwimmer added that he “campaigned for years” to have Ross date women of color and noted that “Maybe there should be an all-black Friends or an all-Asian Friends.”

Soon after the interview published, Erika Alexander, who played Max on Fox’s Living Single, argued via Twitter that her series essentially had been an all-black Friends — and it debuted a year before the NBC comedy.
“Hey @DavidSchwimmer @FriendsTV, r u seriously telling me you’ve never heard of #LivingSingle?” Alexander tweeted. “We invented the template. Yr welcome, bro. ;)”

In an attempt to clarify his comments, Schwimmer responded with a lengthy note addressed to Alexander. Saying he was a fan of her show, he wrote, “I didn’t mean to imply Living Single hadn’t existed or indeed hadn’t come before Friends, which I knew it had. Please remember in an interview quotes are often pieced together and taken out of context, and then these quotes are repurposed in other articles by other people who are trying to be provocative.”

The Living Single/Friends rivalry of sorts dates back nearly a quarter century, to when Living Single star Queen Latifah observed that Warner Bros. TV was giving the NBC sitcom (then ranked No. 3 out of 114 broadcast shows) a far heavier promotional push than Living Single (which was ranked 85th).

You can read Schwimmer’s response to Alexander in full below:

Hi Erika. As you know, I was asked recently in an interview for The Guardian how I felt (for the thousandth time) about a reboot of Friends immediately following a conversation about diversity on the show, and so offered up other possibilities for a reimagining of the show today. I didn’t mean to imply Living Single hadn’t existed or indeed hadn’t come before Friends, which I knew it had. Please remember in an interview quotes are often pieced together and taken out of context, and then these quotes are repurposed in other articles by other people who are trying to be provocative.
I was a fan of Living Single, and was not implying Friends was the first of its kind. To my knowledge, Friends (which came out a year later) was inspired by [series creators] Marta [Kaufmann] & David [Crane]’s own lives and circle of friends living in NY in their twenties. If it was based on Living Single you’d have to ask them. It’s entirely possible that Warner Brothers and NBC, encouraged by the success of Living Single, gave the Friends pilot a green light. I honestly don’t know, but seems likely! If that’s the case, we are all indebted to Living Single for paving the way.
In any event, if my quote was taken out of context, it’s hardly in my control.
I assure you I meant no disrespect.
David


A Texas grandmother says she was told to cut her 4-year-old grandson's long hair — or he'd need to wear a dress to school!
A grandmother in Texas says that school officials told her that her 4-year-old grandson couldn't wear his long hair to school — and would need to wear a dress if he refused to cut or braid it.

Randi Woodley told KETK that she was at a meet-the-teacher event at Tatum Primary School in Tatum Independent School District when staff members told her her grandson Michael Trimble's shoulder-length hair was too long.
"He told me that I could either cut it, braid it and pin it up, or put my grandson in a dress and send him to school, and when prompted my grandson must say he's a girl," Woodley told KETK.
Woodley detailed the incident in an August Facebook post, saying Tatum Primary School's principal told her Michael's hair could be a "distraction."
She said in the Facebook post that Michael's hair is natural, with no coloring or extensions.

"I did not understand why my grandson's ponytail is any different than a little girl's ponytail," Woodley told CNN. "And why is his ponytail more of a distraction than him in a dress? So I politely told him that from that day forward, I would get my grandson's hair braided. I would pin it up, but I would fight that dress code with everything in me."
Tatum ISD and Tatum Primary School officials did not immediately respond to requests for comment from Insider.
The school district's dress code, available on its website, says that "All male hair of any type SHALL NOT extend below the top of a t-shirt collar, as it lays naturally."
It says that male students are barred from wearing ponytails, ducktails, rat-tails, male buns, or puffballs.
Woodley told KYTX that the dress code discriminates against black boys, among whom those styles are popular.
"I was just always taught to embrace. Embrace my identity, embrace who we are," Woodley said. "I'm trying to teach him that's who you are. God created you and you can feel good about it … You're loved, you're beautifully made."

Woodley recently told a school board meeting that the dress code is discriminatory black against hair, and is pushing to have it changed.  Tatum ISD's next school board meeting is in October.


‘Love & Hip Hop’ stars Erica Mena and Safaree Samuels welcome a baby girl!
Erica Mena and Safaree Samuels have welcomed their first child together, a girl.

“These [past] 24 hrs have been an adventure, to say the least,” Samuels, 38, posted on Instagram Monday. “I’m a part of the #girldad club now. Perfection is here.”
Samuels and Mena, 32, announced the pregnancy in October, with Samuels exclaiming in the video, “I didn’t know I was capable of doing this!”
The pair got married just under a week later, with Samuels spending almost $500,000 on their rings.
Samuels and Mena are both currently appearing on the 10th season of “Love & Hip Hop: New York.”


Rush Limbaugh announces he has advanced lung cancer!
Rush Limbaugh announced Monday that he has advanced lung cancer.
“I wish I didn’t have to tell you this, and I thought about not trying to tell anybody, I thought about trying to do this without anybody knowing, because I don’t like making things about me,” said the syndicated conservative radio host of “The Rush Limbaugh Show.’’
But “there are going to be days that I’m not going to be able to be here. Because I will be undergoing treatment,’’ said the avid cigar-smoker, adding that he has the advanced cancer.

Limbaugh, 69, said he went to the doctor after experiencing shortness of breath and was eventually diagnosed.
He has previously scoffed at the dangers of “firsthand smoke,’’ saying in 2015 that “it takes 50 years to kill people, if it does.’’
According to the CDC, cigarette smoking is the No. 1 cause of lung cancer, while cigar smoking is generally “associated with an increased risk for cancers of the lung,” throat and mouth. Lung cancer is the biggest cancer killer of both men and women in the US, with 150,000 people a year succumbing to it.
“Now, it’s true that everybody who smokes dies. But so does everyone who eats carrots,” Limbaugh said at the time.
He added that government taxes on tobacco products “are funding children’s health-care programs.”

So “I would like a medal for smoking cigars,” Limbaugh quipped on the show — which is titled “We Really Should Thank Smokers” on his Web site.
He also ridiculed the mounds of research tying secondhand smoke to cancer and death, calling the assertion “a myth.”
Limbaugh told listeners Monday that he would be out for the next few days for treatment and hoped to return to the air Thursday.

“Those of you who are listening to the Rush Limbaugh Show now. Pray with us. Thank you. God bless you Rush Limbaugh.


Pamela Anderson Splits From New Husband After 12 Days!
If you’re looking for a typo, there simply isn’t one. You read it correctly, Baller Nation. Just 12 days after tying the knot with film producer, Jon Peters, Pamela Anderson is a single woman again.
The two tied the knot on January 20th in Malibu. Reportedly, this was the fourth marriage for both of them, and if that isn’t interesting enough, Jon’s ex-wife Christine Forsyth was in attendance at the ceremony with their children.

However, after just 12 days, Anderson released a statement to the Hollywood Reporter announcing her split from Peters.
“I have been moved by the warm reception to Jon and my union. We would be very grateful for your support as we take some time apart to re-evaluate what we want from life and from one another. Life is a journey, and love is a process. With that universal truth in mind, we have mutually decided to put off the formalization of our marriage certificate and put our faith in the process. Thank you for respecting our privacy,” stated Anderson.

Maybe these two will work it out, or maybe they won’t. After all, the two dated 30 years ago and the union was unsuccessful, which leads us to believe, just maybe it isn’t meant to be. Maybe next lifetime.


AND FINALLY FROM “THE CRAZY PEOPLE SHOPPING AT WALMART” FILES
‘TUCK & ROLL’
Anybody else disappointed that she didn’t just tuck that gun up underneath her FUPA?


HAVE A GREAT DAY ALL!!!
EFREM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers