8/17/16

Naomi Campbell and Jussie Smollett Cover Attitude Magazine!



FOLLOW US ON TWITTER!
Naomi Campbell and Jussie Smollett Cover Attitude Magazine!
The Empire stars grace the September issue of Europe’s best selling gay magazine.
World famous supermodel Naomi Campbell and Empire star Jussie Smollett hold each other in a warm embrace on next month’s issue of Attitude Magazine.

In their interview with the British gay mag, they describe each other as one of their closest friends, and talk about what they mean to each other.
 “Jussie is an unbelievably talented, intelligent, kind and courageous human being…” Campbell tells Attitude. She goes on to share how the two have some of the same passions in life, such as charity work, "especially in raising awareness for HIV/AIDS prevention."

Campbell also talks about the impact the gay community had on her life and career throughout her 30 years in the industry.
“I have been surrounded by gay men my entire life, and because I have grown up working in the creative and fashion industries, many of them have become like family to me,” the fashion icon says. “I’ve always said without gay men, I wouldn’t be where I am today.”
Breakout star Jussie Smollett though, who appeared on the cover of Out in March, addresses negative issues he had to deal with regarding his race and sexuality during his rise to fame:

“I'm told so many times that I should not walk truly in my blackness, that I should not walk truly in my sexuality, I should not walk truly in who I am. I say thanks but no thanks” Smollett says. “I honestly think that me being myself has actually helped my career move forward.”

He continues, saying homosexuality has been part of American culture for ever:
“The fact of the matter is, there was Little Richard and Sylvester, but there was also Rock Hudson. This idea of homophobia, this idea of hiding, of not being able to truly be who you really are, well I hate to tell my nation, but we are American culture.”

Read more on Attitude's website, and get the September issue on newsstands and digital on August 17.
Smollett also revealed that he believes that homosexuality has always been a part of American culture.
Read more at Attitude, and get the September issue on newsstands and digital on August 17.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers