10/15/13

OH THE BLOOD! Bishop TD Jakes IS NOT USING Preachers of L.A!



Bishop T.D Jakes BLASTS "Preachers Of LA", 
" I Rebuke That Spirit In The Name Of Jesus Christ”
Uh Oh? I knew this was going to happen! Oxygen's latest docu-series "Preachers of L.A." delivered the network's strongest debut ratings (1.1 million), but Dallas-based MegaChurch leader Bishop T.D. Jakes is not a fan.  According to BUZZ, Bishop Jakes shared a few critiques of the show. On Sunday morning, October 13 at the Potter’s House in Dallas, TX, Jakes dissed the reality show, calling it “junk” and distancing himself from the stars’ blinged-out images and flamboyance.

Here are some choice quotes....
“Now, I know you been watching that junk on TV. I want to tell you right now, not one dime of what you’re sowing right now will buy my suit. I want you to know my car is paid for. I want you to know I got my house on my own. I want you to know I’m not bling-blinging. I am not shake and bake. I had money when I came to Dallas and I plan to have some when I leave
You did not buy what I got. I had it when I came here. You know I had it when I came here. The devil is a lie! I have sold enough books and produced enough movies. I don’t need your offering to pay for this little slimy suit. So I rebuke that spirit in the name of Jesus Christ.”

He also told the congregation, “I do not need you to buy my car. I got this.”  He drove home the point that his message of prosperity is about giving back...not taking.

The people who have been here a while can go through my track record and prove when I said something, I did it. When we went after something, we bought it. When we wanted the land, we paid for it. When we wanted the school, we built it. When we went after this church we burned the mortgage on this church.

You don’t do that kind of business being shake and bake and slimy and—shut up.
So let the work I’ve done speak for me. You are sowing into good ground. And the 300 families that are employed in this ministry eat from this ministry, work in this ministry, and help us to produce the excellence that we do. The natives all over Kenya drink water because of this ministry. And the hospital in Nairobi survives because of this ministry. Before moving on, Jakes told the congregation, “If you appreciate my straightforwardness, give God some praise."
Then, moments later, he expressed indignantly, “I’m a grown man, dog.” 

You better believe. The reactions will start shortly!

Although Bishop Jakes doesn't kneel at the altar of reality tv, it will be interesting to see if the stars of "Preachers of L.A." succumb to the same trappings of fame and infamy as their counterparts on "RHOA", "LAHH ATL" and our other faves.  Stay tuned....

2 comments:

  1. One of the best articles I have read in a while.....thx man ur the best !!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers