8/15/13

The Daily Buzz for Aug 16



Robin Thicke & Janelle Monae COVER VIBE's SUMMER 2013 ISSUE
Singer Robin Thicke, who arguably has one the biggest song of the summer with "Blurred Lines", covers the summer 2013 issue of VIBE alongside fabulous "Q.U.E.E.N." singer Janelle Monae.  Loving the sexy, vintage rat-packish feel of the shoot.

The summer issue also serves as the magazine's 20th anniversary issue (it was launched by Quincy Jones in 1993).  VIBE celebrates its anniversary with the release of three unique covers for the magazine’s highly anticipated ‘Juice’ issue featuring Robin Thicke with Janelle Monáe, Nas with J.Cole and Daft Punk with Pharrell Williams.
In the accompanying article, the singers repesent the varying degrees of R&B music with Robin from the blue-eyed soul side of things and Janelle taking the reigns with a funkier-progressive edge.  The two talked to the magazine about the new rules of music and how they both push boundaries.  Here's an excerpt:

VIBE: How do you define your music?

THICKE: I can tell she’s probably just like me—that as soon as somebody says, ‘Oh, you’re this.’ She goes, ‘Well, then let me show you what else I can do ’cause I’m not just one thing.’ 
MONÁE: It’s about having fun. 
THICKE: Well, not just that, but when you think about Stevie Wonder, or even Michael Jackson, you don’t say, ‘They’re R&B singers.’ You say, ‘That’s Stevie Wonder music. That’s Prince music.’ 
MONÁE: They tried everything. 
THICKE: I hope that after I make my 10, 20 albums people just go, ‘That’s Robin Thicke music. And when they hear Janelle, they know that’s Janelle Monáe music.’ That’s what we both try to accomplish. Even “Blurred Lines,” which is my greatest success… 
MONÁE: That’s the jam. 
THICKE: Sounds a lot like my other music. I love all kinds of music, so I can’t possibly just make one kind. I’ll make a song called “Shakin’ It 4 Daddy” with Nicki Minaj, and then a song that sounds like Jimi Hendrix that’s all guitar and live music. Most of the music I’ve made is live band instrumentation, no drum machines. 
MONÁE: Same with me. We just finished [recording with] the Chicago Symphony Orchestra and the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra, and then came back and rocked Coachella. I get very bored with the concept of marginalizing music and saying because I’m an African-American woman I [have to] stick to this genre. My iPod [has everything] from Judy Garland to James Brown to Prince to the Talking Heads. It just needs to be great and it needs to move me. 
THICKE: In the history of American music, black radio and white radio were segregated. But once everybody had rights… 
MONÁE: And could be on the cover of their album… 
THICKE: And white people are on the cover of VIBE and black people on the cover of Rolling Stone, there are no more rules and that’s how it should be. We shouldn’t be judged by our color or one song that we made. 
MONÁE: We should be judged by the jam. Is it jammin’? 
THICKE: Music is exploding right now and always will, because it’s not about the sound. It will always come down to the artist. What are they doing? What are they saying and how are they saying it? 
MONÁE: And is it believable?

See photos and all the hot BTS shots below:
Loves it.


Gucci Mane Fires Shots At Young Jeezy, Yo Gotti, & T.I. 
Gucci Mane has never been one to hold his tongue, whether it be on wax or otherwise. His latest vehicle of slander was Twitter — a familiar forum for the Atlanta rapper — and this time he took aim at Young Jeezy, T.I., and Yo Gotti.
While a majority of the Internets' talking heads debate about Kendrick Lamar's rap dominance, the Brick Squad frontman pondered "Who Realer than Guwop." That was the first tweet in a mini rant that concluded with a brash statement directed towards the aforementioned MCs.
"Name your Top 3 P***y a$$ rappers? Mines? Jeezy Yo gotti & Tip. No brainer. But there are 100s more....Go...," read Gucci's closing message.
It'll be interesting to see how this situation turns out, because each of the artists mentioned have a history of being intolerable to loose lips. The Trap God spitter's barrage of shade also comes a day before he's expected to release a trio of mixtapes; he's coined the event "WW3."
Hit the jump to read the tweets for yourself. 
What say you of the outcome?


Lil’ Mo Says She And Her Husband Are The ‘Ghetto Fabulous Version Of Jay Z And Beyonce’
Apparently R&B Divas: LA fans have had quite a bit to say about Lil’ Mo and her husband Phillip, including that he looks like he has bad body odor and that he looks unkempt. In a recent TV One blog post, Mo addressed the spectators, humorously pointing out that although Phillip has his own unique style that others may not agree with, he definitely does not stink. She also comically compared their relationship to Jay and Bey’s.
“I think Phillip and I work so well together because we are BOTH passionate about each other and music. When I’m in the booth (music) he is the BOSS and vice versa!  It just works for us!  Don’t get me wrong, the KIDS and my HUSBAND get on my nerves but that’s life.  Drama and conflict definitely happen but we resolve it.  We respect each other and are committed to making it work.  Our covenant with each other is not to go to bed angry no matter what!!!! We never compromise our integrity as Christians. “
She went on to tackle the body odor rumors.

“Folks have been talking on TWITTER about my husband’s style and saying he looks like he stinks!   MY HUSBAND DOES NOT STINK.  My husband and I are the ghetto fabulous version of Jay-Z and Beyoncé LOL!  Remember when Jay didn’t shave when he was working on a new album well…… Phillip has his own style and NO he don’t stink and I like it!  He used to have long dreads back in the day but now his barber has trained his hair to grow like that.  People pay good money to get their twisted but my honey’s fro is all natural!!!!”

She also discussed her decision to leave Dawn with her children during  a recent episode.
“For the record, I never want Dawn to feel she is less of a women because she doesn’t have kids.  Miracles happen! A lady had a baby at 70 in the bible!  HELLO!!!!!

On this week’s episode, you see Dawn chilling at my crib with my kids but what you didn’t see is that I invited her over to babysit.  I asked Dawn if she could watch the kids so I could pick Phillip up from the airport. I wanted her to see my crazy world with kids because it’s NO JOKE!   I don’t let just anybody keep my kids!!!! Lawd! I prayed that my kids would not act a fool.  If you not doing right, my kids will call and tell on you!  The baby (Jonah) was teething and very moody.  I was breaking my neck to get to the airport and was literally praying as I walked out the door only to find out that Phillip got a ride!  But it all worked out because Dawn said she had a good time. My kids told me that they liked her and she was nice.  My kids will TELL it no matter what!!!”



Former WNBA Baller Chamique Holdsclaw to Appear on ‘Iyanla: Fix My Life’
Another troubled celebrity has enlisted Iyanla Vanzant, for her show Iyanla: Fix My Life. Who has she snagged this time? None other than former WNBA star, Olympic gold medalist, Chamique Holdsclaw. Last November, Holdsclaw was treated for depression until being diagnosed with bipolar 2 disorder after breaking the car windows of WNBA player Jennifer Lacy with a bat and firing a shot into the vehicle.

Later, Holdsclaw pleaded guilty to aggravated assault, possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony and other charges resulting in three years’ probation and a $3,000 fine. In an interview with the New Pittsburgh Courier, she explained that her attorneys helped her work with a forensic psychologist who combed through her medical records dating back to 2002 when she was diagnosed with clinical depression and worked with a psychiatrist. It was at that point, they realized that while she has signs of depression she really had bipolar 2 disorder with high levels of irritability and impulsiveness, which is challenging to diagnose. She explained:
I was angry. I’m like, ‘Come on.’ I’ve been going through this pretty much since I was a young kid. I’ve been on medications trying different things since 2002, and you tell me it takes a situation like this for people to really look at it and get the right medications.

Holdsclaw is also set to share more of her story on an upcoming episode with Iyanla, where she appears with her mother. 

Check out the teaser.
WOW!


Rasheeda Is Supported by Hubby Kirk Frost At Her Baby Shower!
After all the cheating scandal that happened on this season of Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta left their marriage hanging on by a thread, Kirk Frost supported his pregnant wife, Rasheeda, at her  her baby shower 
Toya Wright, Kandi Burruss, Phaedra Parks and NeYo’s ex-fiancee Monyetta Shaw were also spotted.
NICE!


Denzel Washington heading back to Broadway
Denzel Washington says he'll return to Broadway next year -- what show should he do? EW review: 'Fences'
Standing with his wife, Pauletta Pearson, on the red carpet Monday at the premiere his new movie, 2 Guns, the Oscar- and Tony-winning actor said he’s set to appear in a revival of Lorraine Hansberry’s A Raisin in the Sun.
“We start previews in March,” he said.
Washington then explained his motivation for returning to the stage.

 “I’m trying to keep up with my wife. My wife has been doing a lot more theater than me,” he said as Pearson smiled.
Washington said they were heading to North Carolina for the National Black Theatre Festival, where Pearson is starring in the award-winning Power Play.
“I’m looking forward to one day singing,” Washington said playfully to Pearson’s amusement. “See, I just wanted to get something out of her. She knows I can’t sing. But she can sing.”
As they walked away, the 58-year-old actor continued: “I can sing. I can sing … in the shower.”



Usher’s Son Released From Hospital
Five-year-old Usher Raymond V was released from Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta-Scottish Rite on Sunday, lawyer Angela Kinley said. She said Tameka Foster Raymond, the singer’s ex-wife, saw her son at school Monday when he attended orientation for the new year.

Police say the boy fell to the bottom of a pool behind the singer’s downtown home Aug. 5 and became stuck in the drain.
A housekeeper tried unsuccessfully to free him. Two men who were working at the home as audio-visual subcontractors were called to help, and the boy was eventually pulled from the pool then given CPR by one of the contractors.
Usher — who has recorded the multiplatinum R&B albums “My Way,” “8701″ and “Confessions” — said in a statement last week that contractors Eugene Stachurski and Ben Crews are “heroes” for saving his son’s life.

So glad to hear he’s okay, and has been released.



Is Phaedra Nemesis Angela Stanton's Daughter Joining LHHNY?
Love and Hip Hop New York is about to get shook up.
Phaedra Parks' arch nemesis Angela Stanton's daughter Aleea is rumored to have joined the cast...
Aleea, already Internet famous for breaking up Deion and Pilar Sanders was the subject of rumors this week claiming she punched out LHHNY's Erica Mena over Rich Dollaz with cameras rolling. 
Angela sort of confirmed the rumors by re-Tweeting followers who also heard the rumors.
More Ratchedness……STAY TUNED!



Dream Defenders At Florida State Capitol One Step Closer To ‘Trayvon’s Law’
The man behind the organized protest against Florida’s ‘Stand Your Ground’ law could soon be seeing The Dream become reality.
“Dream Defenders demand that Governor Rick Scott call a special session of the Florida legislature to address the issues at the center of the Trayvon Martin tragedy.”
Phillip Agnew announced Dream Defenders have successfully triggered a poll of Florida state legislators on whether to hold a special session for “Trayvon’s Law”: To repeal stand your ground, confront racial profiling, and end the school-to-prison pipeline.
 “We’re here to stay. We won’t leave until we get what we came here for.” ~Phillip Agnew, Dream Defenders Executive Director
This news comes nearly a month after the revolutionary brothers and sisters took over Florida’s State Capitol building, July 16th, demanding their voices be heard.

Over the course of that time, Harry Belafonte, Rev. Jesse Jackson and rapper Talib Kweli showed up to back the cause.
“I’m here because I am part of your history … those of us who have been on this campaign, who have been in this struggle for over a century. I’m delighted and happy to be a part of this moment.” ~Harry Belafonte
 “We will discourage further investment. We will discourage tourism. We will discourage convention. Florida is today a very toxic place, it led the drive for these Stand Your Ground laws … we must end it.” ~Rev. Jesse Jackson

 “I am headed to Tallahassee to stand with @Dreamdefenders cuz they are solution based. I support the #trayvonslaw they want to enact.” ~Talib Kweli
The team of more than one-hundred dedicated Dream Defenders — who’ve been camping out at the Capitol, day and night — is growing. Not only are more people joining the team daily — ‘Freedom Rides’ for the cause have spread from Florida … to Washington, D.C., New York City, Atlanta, Philadelphia and Raleigh.
 “This is a human issue, so we must come together as human beings and assume the most American of values, those unalienable rights of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.” ~Phillip Agnew, http://dreamdefenders.org/
Jesse Jackson sleeps in with The Dream Defenders:
Sign the petition in support of ‘Trayvon’s Law’:



Mary J. Blige Takes To The Beach On An Italian Getaway
Mary J. Blige was spotted hitting the beach while on an Italian getaway with her hubby Kendu Isaacs in Sardinia. Stepping out in a patterned cover up, the “25/8″ singer slipped out of it to soak up the sun in a black bikini. Catch a few more pics inside.
She recently announced that she’ll be dropping her first ever Christmas album, A Mary Christmas, due for release in October. 


LaLa Anthony and Rick Ross’s Ex LIPSTICK LESBIANS?
La La & Shateria’s ‘Lezzy’ Relations Revealed…

According to HSK - He says La La Anthony, recently shared a romantic getaway to Puerto Rico with Shateria Moragne-el! But in the way of ‘Girlfriends’?

Asccording to HSK His words not mines: “La La rented a villa in Puerto Rico for a lesbo freak weekend!!!”
This news comes about three-months after the Maybach Music man announced he’s no longer speaking with Shateria, shooting down word that he previously proposed to her. Now, Shateria isn’t exactly keeping her lesbian liaison with La La on the hush … recently taking to Instagram to post pics from Puerto Rico, with La La — who she calls her “my boo, La Lezzy”
Thoughts?



AND FINALLY FROM “THE CRAZY PEOPLE SHOPPING AT WALMART” FILES
‘HELLO & GOODBYE’
Hello Kitty, goodbye dignity.



HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!
EFREM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers