10/7/20

The Daily Buzz For Oct 8 ☕πŸ“°☕

 FOLLOW US ON TWITTER!

Normani Is Looking Great for Teen Vogue - October 2020!

Normani wants to change how society views Black women. As the cover star of Teen Vogue's October issue, the 24-year-old singer is optimistic as she discusses her upcoming album and how she hopes to be a positive role model for young Black women. Even when targeted by racist cyberbullies as part of Fifth Harmony, Normani was able to overcome their comments thanks to the fans that stood by her side. "To be a young woman that looks like myself, I just feel like [being a positive example] is a part of my legacy," she told the outlet. You can read some of her best quotes from the interview ahead.


On being vulnerable: "Vulnerability is talking about the fact that I do get anxiety sometimes, and just showing the consumer what that feels like for me. Just the fact that I am in a position that I'm in, but I don't want to be so unattainable. I'm just the girl next door."


On the hopes she has for her upcoming album: "There's so much expectation that I have for myself, so adding [fans' expectations] onto that can be a lot, but it really does motivate me. I really want to create a body of work that's going to count, you know? I'm never going to get my first album back."

On being a positive role model for young Black women: "Representation, like I always say, is key. To be a young woman that looks like myself, I just feel like [being a positive example] is a part of my legacy. It's me wanting to create better opportunities for us, and also just for people who think that they got us figured out, [I want to show that] we are multifaceted and capable of much more than we get credit for, in the music industry and also in society. I feel like I have a duty."

On why she wants to be a part of change: "Honestly, for me, it's bigger than the music. As much as I love what I do, I want to change lives and I want to reach as many people as I can. I feel like that's the difference between doing something that you love and also having purpose. I want to tell our stories and, like I said, be a representation that Black girls can do anything . . . I feel like it's my calling."


On why she was excited to be a part of the music video for "WAP": "The 'WAP' video I was really, really excited to be a part of, just because I feel like we're in a time in music where women — and Black women — are really on top, which is something I feel like we haven't seen in a very, very long time. Where I come from, we were all about female empowerment. The fact that I could be a part of such a special moment embracing our sexuality, in which I definitely think there's a double standard, [was exciting] to be a part of it."

Nice! There’s more a Teen Vogue!



SURPRISE! Kelly Rowland reveals she's pregnant with 2nd child

Kelly Rowland just announced her second pregnancy in the most fabulous way.

On Wednesday, the singer shared a photo of her new Women's Health magazine cover, which shows off her growing baby bump as she poses in a gorgeous copper colored dress.


The 39-year-old and her husband, Tim Weatherspoon, are also parents to son Titan Jewell Weatherspoon, 5, and they couldn't be more excited to welcome a new member of the family.


“We had been talking about it loosely, and then COVID happened, and we were just like, ‘Let’s see what happens,’” Rowland told the magazine.

The singer said she feels blessed to have gotten pregnant right away, but admits that she was a bit nervous to share her news since so many people in the country are having a rough time right now.


“But you still want to remind people that life is important,” she said. “And being able to have a child …I’m knocking at 40’s door in February. Taking care of myself means a lot to me.”

So, how is her second pregnancy going so far? Rowland said the first trimester was a bit rough after an “overwhelming sense of exhaustion hit.”

When she was pregnant with her first child, the singer was able to keep up her fitness routine — “I swam, I did yoga, I did weights, I jogged and walked,” she said — but this time around, she's taking it slow with walks, stretches and yoga.

The singer also revealed two of the cravings she's had so far: chocolate and peanut butter.


With a new baby on the way, the November cover girl is trying to cherish her solo time with son Titan as much as she can.

“When he’s ready to play, it’s very real,” she said. The expectant mother also opened up about some of her healthy habits.

She said she drinks four liters of water a day, eats smaller, more frequent meals to curb cravings, and avoids eating meals past 7 p.m.

Now that the news of her pregnancy is out in the world, Rowland says she's looking forward to creating new music when she can.

“I was thinking, Oh my god, my fans are gonna be so disappointed ... They wanted an album first, but they got a baby!” she said. “And I was like, ‘I have to figure this out so they get both.’”



#RHOA: Cynthia Bailey dishes on wedding, COVID-19 protocols and Will NeNe’s Attend the Nuptials!

“Real Housewives of Atlanta” star Cynthia Bailey and Fox sportscaster, Mike Hill  are about to say “I do” — and their luxury wedding will have COVID-19 safety rules so strict that security will boot anyone not playing ball.

“Instead of focusing on the accessories in my hair or what kind of food we’re going to have, Mike and I have been putting most of our wedding energy into COVID-19 protocols,” Bailey told Page Six Tuesday. “And we ain’t playin’ around.”

Clearly not, as the soon-to-be bride and groom have a firm plan in place to make sure friends and family celebrate their Oct. 10 affair safely, including providing their guests with face masks and shields.


Security awaits anyone who believes they’re above wearing the protective gear.

“If anyone doesn’t adhere to the rules, then they’re just going to be asked to leave,” Bailey asserted. “We’re taking this seriously, we want to protect ourselves and our guests.”

Their chosen venue, the Governors Towne Club in Acworth, Ga., will provide socially-distanced seating that is both indoors and outdoors.


“We have so many rules and regulations in play, I’m surprised anyone is coming,” Bailey said with a chuckle. “We have sanitizing stations, we have an actual basin to wash your hands in before you enter the venue, we have temperature checks and the way the venue is set up, you can be indoors or outdoors the entire time if you want to.”


She continued, “We set up the food stations taking all of this into consideration, and you don’t have to sit at a table with people you don’t know, you can kind of move around. It’s a huge space, so you can be as far away from people as you want while still feeling connected to the ceremony.”

It would have to be massive to spaciously accommodate her confirmed 250 guests, a headcount Bailey estimated pre-coronavirus. While she assumed travel complications would result in a fewer confirmations, it seems even a pandemic can’t stop the show.


Expect to see Bailey’s “RHOA” co-stars at the ceremony, including Kandi Burruss, Kenya Moore and former “RHOA” cast mate Eva Marcille, who will all serve as bridesmaids.

After slowly falling out over the last two seasons, former bestie and co-star NeNe Leakes was still sent an invitation, Bailey confirms.


While Leakes — who announced her own departure from “RHOA” last month — has yet to RSVP, the bride-to-be is still willing to welcome her to witness her big day.

“Honestly, with everything going on as far as her leaving the show, I wasn’t sure how comfortable she’d be attending the wedding knowing she has issues [with Bravo]. You just never know what someone is going through, but she’s still more than welcome to come.

“Regardless of where NeNe and I are in our relationship, she was good for the show,” Bailey went on to admit. “I’m always going to give her her props for that, you can’t take away all she’s done for the Atlanta franchise.”


As for fiancΓ© Hill, Bailey says she definitely feels differently than she did in the days leading up to her first marriage to restauranteur Peter Thomas back in 2010.


“I feel just as excited and optimistic as I did leading up to my first marriage. What’s different is that I’m different. I’m older, I’m 53 years old. I’m wiser,” she said. “The only way to learn how to be a wife is to be one, and that was my first experience. I now know what I want and what I don’t want in a relationship, in a marriage.


“For years, I said very publicly that I’d never get married again, but God had other plans. I met Mike Hill!”



#MusicNews: Trey Songz Reveals ‘Back Home’ Tracklist!

Ahead of its release on Friday, Trey Songz has revealed the tracklist for his eighth studio album Back Home.

In addition to the title track with Summer Walker, the 22-track set features appearances from Ty Dolla $ign, Davido, and Swae Lee. Leading up to the album’s release, he also dropped a series of tracks including “Two Ways,” “Circles,” and the powerful anthem “2020 Riots: How Many Times.” The project closes with “Noah Love,” dedicated to his young son.

“I wanna make the kind of R&B that inspired me to sing. The songs that makes you love, the ones that make cry and the ones that make you smile, laugh and dance,” said Trey. “Music is the soundtrack that plays while we live our lives, and I wanna be there for my fans while they are living through this truly special time that we’ll never forget. I say I’m Back Home because the music feels that way. I hope you feel the same.”


Back Home marks the follow-up to 2017’s Tremaine, which debuted at No. 3 on the Billboard 200.

On Monday, Trey revealed that he had tested positive for coronavirus. “I will be taking it seriously, I will be self-quarantining, I will be in my house until I see a negative sign,” he told fans.

See the tracklist below.

Back Home arrives Friday.



#HipHopNews: Kendrick Lamar Shoots Down Rumors On Leaving TDE!

Rumors have been circulating on social media that Kendrick Lamar has left Top Dawg Entertainment (TDE).  to focus on another venture with Dave Free, former TDE president, called pgLang.

Kendrick Lamar has finally put a rest to the rumors. The rapper took to social media to address the rumors in a video.


Terrance “Punch” Henderson, current TDE president also responded to the rumors of Lamar’s allegedly departure by seemingly addressed the rumors on Twitter. “Smh can’t even try to be mysterious and vague in my tweets no more.” Henderson also wrote, “A rumor gets halfway around the world before the truth gets its shoes on. Lol.”



Chaka Khan denies Rick James hook-up rumors: Hell Naw ‘He was too worn’!

Queen of funk Chaka Khan fiercely denied ever hooking up with “Super Freak” Rick James after her comic pal Luenell asked if they “almost had a baby” during a VladTV interview.


“Hell nah! I wouldn’t have touched that with your stuff,” Khan shot back. “No! He was too worn … No. I was not that kind of woman ever. I may have had a couple of mercy situations, but I can actually remember — and count on two hands, without using all my fingers — how many men I’ve been with. And that’s a fact. I’m very particular.”


The late James and Khan sang together on her 1982 song “Slow Dancin’.”\



Tamron Hall Renewed for Season 3, Just Weeks Into Its Sophomore Run!

Tamron Hall‘s daytime future is extra bright now that her talk show has earned an early Season 3 renewal — barely three weeks into its sophomore run.

Hall made the announcement live at the top of Tuesday’s show saying, “I’ve just learned because of the TamFam, because of you, you in the virtual audience, you wherever you are, the Tamron Hall show has been picked up for a third season. And that means we will be on through the year 2022.


“In these challenging times that we’re all facing, to be on for a whole other season, to be with the TamFam, to grow the TamFam through the year ’22 and beyond, I’m just so grateful,” she added. “So I just wanted to thank you for everything.”

Tamron Hall was one of four new daytime programs to make their debut in Fall 2019. It and The Kelly Clarkson Show both got renewed for Season 2 late last year, while Judge Jerry got its pick-up in February. The Mel Robbins Show, however, got cancelled back in January.


Hall — who won the Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Informative Talk Show Host for her inaugural season — went on to congratulate “the entire Tamron Hall show team” and extend a “thank you to our partners at ABC/Disney for telling us this news.

“This doesn’t happen… To get a show renewed this early into a season,” she made clear. “So thank you ABC/Disney, but thank you to the TamFam for keeping us going.”


Tamron Hall premiered its second season on Sept. 14.



#RIP: Johnny Nash, 'I Can See Clearly Now' Singer, Dead at 80!

Johnny Nash, who sang the classic track "I Can See Clearly Now," has died. The singer was 80. His son, Johnny Nash Jr., confirmed to CBS Los Angeles that Nash passed away at his home on Tuesday. They have not yet released any details about Nash's cause of death. Nash is survived by his son, his daughter Monica, and his wife Carli Nash.


Nash was born in Houston, Texas, and grew up singing at his local church, per Variety. Later in life, he traveled to Jamaica, where he met Bob Marley, Peter Tosh, and Bunny Livingston. The singer financed their recordings for his own label, JAD, but did not see much success. However, when it came to his music, Nash was able to find acclaim thanks to his 1972 song "I Can See Clearly Now," which he wrote and produced himself. The song went gold and gave him a four-week run at no. 1 in the United States. The track became a hit once again in 1993 when Jimmy Cliff recorded it for the soundtrack of Cool Runnings.


Nash did not frequently open up about his life in the press. Although, in April 1973, a young Cameron Crowe profiled the singer for the short-lived Zoo World magazine. "I never really get that egotistical about it…in terms of doing what I want to do," Nash told the young journalist at the time. "Because what I want to do is be a part of this business and to express myself and get some kind of acceptance by making people happy. I've had a kind of freedom most of my career to record and do what I like to do. Now it's being accepted… the ultimate form of acceptance being the number one record and all. That feels great… but it doesn't mean that I'm gonna go off on a big ego musical trip."


In recent years, Nash reportedly turned down multiple requests for interviews. As the Houston Chronicle reported in 2012, the late singer eventually stepped away from the music business in the 1980s after producing one final album, Tears on My Pillow. Nash's longtime business partner, Danny Sims, speculated about the decision and said that it was possible that the musician simply accomplished what he set out to do. "The minute you get success you end up with a lot of unsolicited advisors," Sims said. "I don't know if that's why he did it, but it could've been part of it. Johnny did things that kept him from being more commercially known: He didn't fit into the one idiom model with hit after hit. He wasn't that way. He'd record things of great quality and wasn't concerned about what style they were. Maybe that was part of it. He felt like he'd done what he wanted to do. He was certainly still in his prime as a singer and interpreter. So maybe he walked away at a bad time, but there was a reason for it."



Netflix Indicted In Texas Over 'Cuties' Movie, Streamer Still Stands By The Film!

Texas is taking Netflix to court. The state has indicted the giant streaming service over the context of Cuties, the controversial film which has been criticized by the masses.


The indictment, filed by the Tyler, Texas Grand Jury, accuses Netflix of “knowingly promote visual material which depicts the lewd exhibition of the genitals or pubic area of a clothed or partially clothed child who was younger than 18 years of age at the time the visual material was created, which appeals to the prurient interest in sex, and has no serious, literary, artistic, political, or scientific value.”


However, the streamer isn’t backing down in taking the movie off the service. In fact, they are standing behind it.

“Cuties is a social commentary against the sexualization of young children,” a spokesperson for the streamer said in a statement via Deadline. “This charge is without merit and we stand by the film.”

Cuties, if you don’t know, centers on 11-year-old Amy, who starts to rebel against her conservative family’s traditions when she becomes fascinated with a free-spirited dance crew.

Much of the criticism has been about the dance troupe which models their routines after hip-hop videos, complete with sexualized dance moves and skimpy clothing.


Director Maimouna DoucourΓ© recently opened up about the naysayers over her film



'Dancing With the Stars' Carrie Ann Inaba Defends Tyra Banks After Elimination Flub!

Dancing With the Stars experienced a first during Monday’s Top 13 episode. As Tyra Banks began to read off the names of pairs who were safe from elimination, she dwindled it down to what she thought was the last two couples whose fate would then be determined by the judges. That’s when she and everyone else realized there were still three couple remaining, not two, to which Banks realized a mistake had been made.


After checking things over all while dealing with the time constraints of live television, Banks called Monica Aldama and her partner, Valentin Chmerkovskiy, back up to the stage after they had thought they were safe. It turns out they along with Anne Heche and Keo Motsepe were the actual two couples up for elimination. Heche and Motsepe were the third pair eliminated this season. The mistake created quite the stir at the moment and afterward across social media. On CBS’ The Talk, Carrie Ann Inaba, one of the three judges on the program, wanted to clear Banks’ name after she had been ridiculed on social media for messing things up.


“That was intense and we had never had anything like that happen,” Inaba said. “I just want to clarify for everyone, everyone’s blaming Tyra on social media. It was not Tyra’s fault. She had the wrong names given to her at the beginning of the elimination round. It was a technical error in the booth about counting the votes.” The judge went on to say that she “felt badly for all of them” especially considering the stressors that comes with an elimination. “We all just jumped in and I think Tyra did an amazing job handling a really intense live situation.” She also said the show is working to make sure something like that never happens again.


While Inaba attempted to help clear Banks’ name from the situation, Twitter was quick to call her out for the flub and continued to do so the following day. The mistake also didn’t help Banks’ case in her first season as host of the show, especially after the backlash that came her and the show’s way for firing Tom Bergeron and Erin Andrews. Bergeron had held the position since the show’s inception. Prior to hosting Dancing With the Stars, Banks had been a judge for America’s Next Top Model and America’s Got Talent.



Jessica Simpson’s Friends ‘Horrified’ By John Mayer’s 2007 Perez Hilton Lip-Lock!

Perez Hilton remembers when he made out with John Mayer in new book

Scheana Shay claims she was in a 'throuple' with John Mayer, 'Hills' alum Stacie Adams

Jennifer Aniston drops comment on ex John Mayer's Instagram Live

John Mayer doesn't need to read Jessica Simpson's memoir: 'I lived it'

Jessica Simpson’s friends thought that John Mayer betrayed her when he made out with Perez Hilton — but she glossed over it because she was “head-over-heels” in love with the singer, we’re told.


Gossip blogger Hilton wrote about the 2007 incident in his new memoir, claiming that he ran into Mayer and Simpson at a New York club — when Mayer almost immediately stuck his tongue down his throat.

But an old pal of Simpson’s tells Page Six that there was more to the tale. What made the incident so shocking to insiders, they said, was that Simpson’s camp was locked in a war with Hilton at the time because he wouldn’t stop calling her “Jessica Simpleton” on his phenomenally popular blog — and referring to her little sister Ashlee as “Asslee.”


“Her friends were horrified” by the saucy smooch, said an insider, “but she didn’t care. John couldn’t do anything wrong, as far as she was concerned. She was absolutely head-over-heels in love with him.”

In fact, the insider said that Simpson probably marveled at the move, thinking that it would ingratiate the couple with the then-powerful blogger.

Hilton writes in “TMI: My Life in Scandal” that after co-hosting MTV’s New Year’s Eve celebrations with Christina Aguilera, they both hit a club in Chelsea.


He said that they ran into the musician couple, and Mayer told Hilton, “I like to watch gay porn, you know,” adding, “My favorite porn star is Brent Corrigan. He really turns me on” — and then he kissed Hilton.

Hilton recounts that Simpson seemed mortified and covered her face with her tresses. He said that Mayer then sat back with a “satisfied” look on his face and turned to gaze affectionately at Simpson, who “didn’t seem to know whether she was incredibly embarrassed or really turned on.”


A rep for Simpson declined to comment,



Mariah Carey Doesn’t ‘Give A Sh*t’ About Being High-Maintenance: ‘I Deserve To Be’!

Mariah Carey clapped back at those who call her a “diva” or “high-maintenance,” and threw shade at her ex-fiance James Packer and Jennifer Lopez. The legendary singer got very candid in a new interview released on October 5 where she admitted she doesn’t care that people think she can be demanding.


“You know what? I don’t give a sh*t. I f*cking am high-maintenance because I deserve to be at this point,” the mom of two said while speaking to The Guardian.

“That may sound arrogant, but I hope you frame it within the context of coming from nothing. If I can’t be high-maintenance after working my a** off my entire life, oh, I’m sorry – I didn’t realize we all had to be low-maintenance. Hell no!”


The talented star admitted that she’s always been high-maintenance but joked that she just didn’t have anyone willing to cater for her high standards when she was growing up. Mariah was also asked if being called a “diva” upsets her.

“No! Who the f*ck cares? Honestly!” she said with a laugh, joking that she was going to cry.

“Being called a diva? I am, b*tches, that’s right!” she added.


But it wasn’t just her critics who Mariah called out.

Mariah Carey lights the Empire State Building in celebration of the 25th anniversary of "All I Want For Christmas Is You" at the Empire State Building

The Meaning of Mariah Carey. She made it clear that she didn’t consider her romance with the Australian billionaire businessman to be important enough to immortalize in the book.


“If it was a relationship that mattered, it’s in the book. If not, it didn’t occur,” she explained.

The mom of twins added that, despite being engaged, they didn’t really have a “physical relationship.”



White Texas Police Officer Arrested & Charged With Murder Over The Killing Of Jonathan Price, Bond Set At $1 Million!

A Texas police officer has been arrested and charged with murder in the shooting death of a black man – who some communites dubbed a hero - over the weekend.

Wolfe County police officer Shaun Lucas was arrested and charged with murder following the shooting death of 31-year-old Jonathan Price. He’s being held at the Hunt County Jail in North Texas on a $1 million bond following his arrest late Monday night, according to the Texas Rangers, who are investigating the shooting incident.

The former Hardin-Simmons University football player was reportedly tasered, shot and killed by officer Lucas on Saturday, October 3rd. It only took 3 days to arrest and charge him, interestingly.


According to people close to Jonathan, he tried to intervene in a domestic violence situation after he saw a man physically assaulting a woman at a Kwik Check gas station.

According to new reports, Lucas shot Price – who was unarmed - as he tried to walk away. ABC7 reports:

The officer deployed his Taser and then discharged his service weapon, hitting Price.

Price was taken to a hospital, where he died.


According to the Texas Rangers, the preliminary investigation indicated the actions of Lucas were "not objectionably reasonable," leading to the charges. Price was not armed during the incident.

The irony of the shooting death is that months before – amid the nation’s unrest after George Floyd was killed by a white police officer – Jonathan went on Facebook to share that he never encountered racism from police. He also showed love to a white family who helped raise him and credited them for his “obsession with white women.”  Apparenty, he was also a supporter of "blue lives" in repsonse to protestors literally protesting against situations exactly like this.


Family and friends of Jonathan Price have been demanding justice for Jonathan with some hitting the streets in Wolfe County to protest. Jonathan’s friend/former MLB player Will Middlebrooks organized a GoFundMe page to help his friend’s family. The fund has raised over $77,000 so far.


So tragic and unnecessary. Do you think this case will be handled differently based on the views Jonathan Price shared, the white community members who have spoken up, and the connections he had before his death?



Schitt's Creek Creator Dan Levy Calls Out Comedy Central India For Censoring Same Sex Kiss!

Dan Levy, writer and creator of the Emmy award-winning show Schitt’s Creek, called out Comedy Central India on Wednesday night for cutting out a kiss from his show.

Levy was commenting on a clip tweeted out by the Indian channel as promo for season 5.

The scene, which shows characters from the show play ‘spin the bottle’ at aparty, includes same sex kisses.

Levy noted that the Comedy Central cut out the kiss between two male characters while keeping the other two which involved kisses between a man and a woman, and a woman and another woman.

“This is a show about the power of inclusivity. The censorship of gay intimacy is making a harmful statement against that message,” he wrote.

By now, censorship in media is par for course for Indian viewers, both in our movies and on our television screens.

It’s not new to Comedy Central India either.


Early this year, the channel’s Facebook page had posted a clip from The Daily Show with Trevor Noah which cut out the host’s comments on Trump’s fondness for beef and the possibility of having to skip eating it during his India visit.

Dan Levy’s comment prompted many to call on the channel to stop censoring the Schitt’s Creek kiss.


Comedy Central India has not responded to Levy’s comments yet.



AND FINALLY FROM “THE CRAZY PEOPLE SHOPPING AT WALMART” FILES

Courtesy of P.O.Wm

‘The Wild Hair Kingdom’

I guess she is really having a Hairy Care Bear kind of a day



EGGPLANT NATION: Meet Papi Ruben

Meet Ruben! You can see more when GO HERE TO SEE THE PICS! And remember they’re NSFW!


DISCLAIMER: WE DO NOT OWN any images posted on this blog. All images are found online or submitted.


Enjoy!



HAVE A GREAT DAY ALL!!!

EFREM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers