1/25/19

The AM Tea☕☕☕ Mo’Nique Slams Whoopi Goldberg, Says “You must work for free😲. I could’ve schooled you.” in a Recent Interview!


Mo’Nique Slams Whoopi Goldberg, Says “You must work for free. I could’ve schooled you.” in a Recent Interview!
 ‘The Queen of Comedy’ Mo’ Nique keeps it real in a recent Vulture Magazine interview.
The comedian discusses the following topics Netflix boycott, Las Vegas Residency, Whoopi Goldberg, Tiffany Haddish and more in a new interview with Vulture Magazine.

Mo’Nique revisited the moment she shared with the EGOT winner, who, at the time, boldly offered to enlighten her on the way the business works.
“I’m going to stop you because, contractually, when you make a movie, regardless of who you sign the deal with, your job is to go and promote said movie,” Goldberg told her during the segment. “And we’ve had this conversation, and I said if you had called me, I could’ve schooled you on what was expected.”

Mo’Nique says, “When I sat there on that platform on The View, I felt sorry. I had empathy for my sister Whoopi Goldberg. Because what you’re saying to me is, “You must work for free. I could’ve schooled you.” The very thing I went to The View to speak about was the very thing I experienced on The View. You give me three minutes to talk about inequality? Well, I was there the whole show. When you have a woman saying, “I could have schooled you,” someone would say, “What was the schooling going to be?” When I look at this woman you say is our icon and our legend — she is. But, how many things has Whoopi Goldberg executive produced? Whoopi Goldberg has always been the help, and I say that humbly. So what is it that you’re going to school me on? I’ve been doing it for almost 30 years.

This is a woman who says “I could have schooled you,” and this is a woman who accepted Ted Danson in blackface, and our community praises this woman. So oftentimes, we do it to ourselves. But, I just can’t. Understand, I love my sister. However, when you know you’re being fed the wrong food, you must say, “I can’t chew this, y’all.”

Tiffany Haddish was breaking out as this big star at the time, and I believe you and a lot of black female comics paved the way for her to do what she’s doing right now. Then she did an interview with GQ, and when she was asked about your Netflix boycott, she said, “I’m looking at how [Netflix has] opened up so many opportunities for black females and comedy. When my people are dying, that’s when you gonna catch me protesting. I’m not gonna protest because somebody got offered not the amount of money they wanted to get offered.” Did you feel hurt by that?
I understood it. And what I won’t do is throw my sister under the bus. And when my sister did have a bad moment, I said, “Y’all, I’m not gonna throw her away.” What she wrote on her Instagram page and on mine was, “I love you, Mo’Nique.” I understand the business. This business is set up for us to go against one another. I’m not going to go against Tiffany Haddish. They set us up to do this to one another. But what I won’t do is, I won’t feed into it.

You’re on tour with this residency in Vegas. What’s your game plan for the rest of the year?
Do you know what Imma enjoy right now, Malcolm? This residency. I’m going to enjoy that, baby, and my babies’ baseball season coming up. That’s what Imma enjoy. What’s going to come tomorrow will come tomorrow. If I get focused on the business of tomorrow, I lose focus on my family of today.

When I walk in my closet, there’s a picture of me and my grandmother. My grandmother’s gone to the next journey, but when my children see that picture, they be like, “Aw, man, remember when Mama Mimi …?” “Remember when Mama Mimi …?” The legacy that woman left is her grandbabies and her great-grandbabies. Y’all are gonna think of me whatever you’re going to think of me. For the ones who have beautiful thoughts, I thank you. But for my children who run in my family and have my blood running through their veins that I’ll never get a chance to lay my eyes on, if they speak on me with pride and they granddaddy with pride, then we’ve done our job.

Read the full interview HERE. ...WOW, What are your thoughts on this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers