7/11/18

Cissy Houston is now Addressing those Whitney Houston Molestation Claims!


Cissy Houston Addresses Whitney Houston Molestation Claims!
Whitney Houston’s mother Cissy Houston is taking issue with claims that her superstar daughter was molested as a child by her cousin, Dee Dee Warwick.

The accusations come from a new documentary, “Whitney,” which premiered at the Cannes Film Festival back in May, focused on the life of late pop star Whitney Houston. Cissy Houston, 84, told People magazine that she only found out about the claims two days before the film’s debut.

Cissy Houston denies that claim in a joint statement with her niece Dionne Warwick to People magazine.

“We cannot, however, overstate the shock and horror we feel and the difficulty we have believing that my niece Dee Dee Warwick (Dionne’s sister) molested two of my three children,” the statement read in part. “I spent many years in recording studios (sometimes with Dionne and/or Dee Dee) where I earned my living. I also went ‘on the road’ with my group The Sweet Inspirations to try to help provide a good life for my family BUT my children always came first in my heart and in my life.”

“When I was away they did not stay with four or five different families; they stayed at home where their longtime babysitter, Phyllis, or my dear friend Bae or their father took care of them. In all the years I traveled Dee Dee, who was 21 years older than Whitney, NEVER BABYSAT for them,” Cissy Houston and Dionne Warwick said in the statement.

“Dee Dee may have had her personal challenges but the idea that she would have molested my children is overwhelming and for us unfathomable,” the statement continued. “Neither I, Dionne, nor my son Michael who was very close to his sister, and in the film is VERY candid about their drug use, has ever heard these allegations; we have never heard anything remotely connected to the crimes charged against Dee Dee in the film. How can that be fair to my daughter, to Dee Dee, or to our family?”

The joint statement concluded, “After people have seen the film they will draw their own conclusions and we are not trying to change that. We just want people to know there is another side. While the filmmakers certainly had the legal right to make this film, I wonder at the moral right.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers