12/20/16

The Daily Buzz For Dec 21


Madonna is Billboard’s Woman of The Year!
Madonna -- a global icon who extended her record as the highest-grossing female touring artist of all time in 2016 -- was honored as Woman of the Year at Billboard's Women In Music 2016 event on Friday (Dec. 9). And during her acceptance speech, she was fully ferocious, funny and brutally honest -- in other words, she was the Madonna we've known and adored since she debuted more than 30 years ago. 
Madonna, unsurprisingly, stole the show the moment she took the stage. Her weapon? Something you can't contain, fake, reproduce or put a price on: Blunt, personal truth.

After opening with a joke -- "I always feel better with something hard between my legs" Madonna said, straddling the microphone stand -- she got candid very quickly.
"I stand before you as a doormat. Oh, I mean, as a female entertainer," Madonna said. "Thank you for acknowledging my ability to continue my career for 34 years in the face of blatant sexism and misogyny and constant bullying and relentless abuse."
"People were dying of AIDS everywhere. It wasn’t safe to be gay, it wasn’t cool to be associated with the gay community," Madonna recalled. "It was 1979 and New York was a very scary place. In the first year I was held at gunpoint, raped on a rooftop with a knife digging into my throat and I had my apartment broken into and robbed so many times I stopped locking the door. In the years that followed, I lost almost every friend I had to AIDS or drugs or gunshots."

Madonna also opened up about the time in her life when she felt "like the most hated person on the planet," with her eyes tearing up and her nose running a bit. 

"Eventually I was left alone because I married Sean Penn, and not only would he would bust a cap in your ass, but I was off the market. For a while I was not considered a threat. Years later, divorced and single -- sorry Sean -- I made my Erotica album and my Sex book was released. I remember being the headline of every newspaper and magazine. Everything I read about myself was damning. I was called a whore and a witch. One headline compared me to Satan. I said, 'Wait a minute, isn't Prince running around with fishnets and high heels and lipstick with his butt hanging out?' Yes, he was. But he was a man.

"This was the first time I truly understood women do not have the same freedom as men," she said.
Madonna also looked back on the many pop icons lost during the last decade. "I think the most controversial thing I have ever done is to stick around. Michael is gone. Prince is gone. Whitney is gone. Amy Winehouse is gone. David Bowie is gone. But I'm still standing. I'm one of the lucky ones and every day I count my blessings."

Closing out her speech, Madonna offered thanks to her haters and advice to other women in music.

"What I would like to say to all women here today is this: Women have been so oppressed for so long they believe what men have to say about them. They believe they have to back a man to get the job done. And there are some very good men worth backing, but not because they're men -- because they're worthy. As women, we have to start appreciating our own worth and each other's worth. Seek out strong women to befriend, to align yourself with, to learn from, to collaborate with, to be inspired by, to support, and enlightened by," she urged. 

"It's not so much about receiving this award as it is having this opportunity to stand before you and say thank you," Madonna said, closing out her speech. "Not only to the people who have loved and supported me along the way, you have no idea...you have no idea how much your support means," she said, tearing up for the second time. "But to the doubters and naysayers and everyone who gave me hell and said I could not, that I would not or I must not -- your resistance made me stronger, made me push harder, made me the fighter that I am today. It made me the woman that I am today. So thank you."
Before the speech, Anderson Cooper introduced Madonna with a heartfelt tribute to her ongoing influence. "Madonna is Billboard's Woman of the Year, but as far as I'm concerned in terms of music and impact and culture, she's been the Woman of the Year every year since she released her first single 'Everybody' in 1982."

Hailing her as not only "relevant but revolutionary" up to present day, Cooper noted the importance of Madonna to him "as a gay teenager growing up… Her music and outspokenness showed me as a teenager a way forward. Through her music, she told me and millions of teenagers -- gay and straight -- that we are not alone. We are connected to each other."


#RHoA: How Did Phaedra Parks And Kandi Burruss Go From Friends To Foes?
The animosity between Real Housewives of Atlanta stars Kandi Burruss and Phaedra Parks only seems to be getting stronger as the two former friends continue their ongoing feud. But what caused the once wonderful friendship to turn sour? Well, it all comes down to Apollo, money, and cheap shots.

Picking Sides: Apollo's Motorcycles Cause A Rift
It seems much of the drama between Phaedra and Kandi stems from the belief that Kandi wasn't very supportive during Phaedra's divorce, storing ex-husband Apollo Nida's motorcycles at her house and criticizing her friend for not taking her kids to see Apollo in prison. 
During season eight, the two discuss what Phaedra felt was a lack of support. "Let me tell you what really tripped me out, when a stranger came up to me in the grocery store and said, ‘I want to buy some of Apollo’s stuff that is sitting up in Kandi’s property.’ When I’m like, ‘Huh! What do you mean?'" she said. Phaedra admitted it hurt to find out that her close friend was holding onto her ex-husband's things, but Kandi argued that storing a few motorcycles was no reason for a bad attitude. 

Phaedra went on to call out Kandi for questioning why she hasn't taken her sons to see Apollo in prison, but it seems the discussion went nowhere. 

Workout Money: Todd Tucker And Phaedra's Workout DVD
Money for Phaedra's workout DVD is another point of contention for the two. Kandi's hubby Todd Tucker produced the video, but payment became an issue when he only received two-thirds of the $25,000 he was owed. Phaedra told Todd he'd receive the rest of the money when she received the DVD. Eventually, things worked out, but money issues still put a damper on Kandi and Phaedra's relationship.

Feds Come A-Knockin': The Government Pays Kandi A Visit To Seize Apollo's Ducati
Just a few days after Kandi admitted on camera that she was holding Apollo's motorcycles, the Feds appeared to pick up his Ducati. TMZ reported that the FBI was searching for the motorcycles and Kandi's admission was just what they needed. Initially, many of the housewives believed Phaedra may have tipped them off, but she maintains she had nothing to do with it.  

All About The Babies: Phaedra And Kandi Can't Seem To Agree On Phaedra's Sons' Relationship With Apollo
Kandi believes that Dylan and Ayden should have a better relationship with Apollo, but Phaedra doesn't want her kids to see their father locked up. Of course, drama ensued. "Even though it's up to her what she does, whhen I did see the kids come from their visit, I felt like it was sad that Dylan doesn't even know his dad," Kandi said during the season eight reunion.

Phaedra went on to share her side of things, adding, "Apollo made the decisions he made and if you choose to go out and do something that takes you away from your children, you have to realize that you made a choice."

Don't Talk About My Mama: Phaedra Fires Shots At Mama Joyce And Kandi Isn't Having It
Following the bomb scare at Phaedra's office, Mama Joyce was a bit worried about the Atlanta attorney and interested in finding out what was going on. But soon, Mama Joyce was firing shots at Phaedra too, which led the attorney to make a few comments of her own. "Well you know I think Mama Joyce is obsessed with me, because when you're destined for greatness, people will be obsessed with your spirit and your aura," Phaedra told The Daily Dish. "So she's attracted to me, like most people, her attraction just went into the level of obsession. My life is full enough that I don't have to bother with worrying about others because I'm doing things that interest me — and she doesn't actually interest me."

Obviously, Kandi was not here for those comments. She told Atlanta's 94.5, "You talkin' about her blog? Cause she ain't talk to my mama crazy to her face. She talks about everybody in her interviews or she makes sly remarks at the reunion, maybe, but she never really says it in their face. Y'all never noticed that?"

A Rocky Marriage And Rumored Affair: Did Phaedra Cheat On Apollo?
During Sunday night's episode of Real Housewives of Atlanta, Kandi and Phaedra's feud finally came to a head, with Kandi accusing Phaedra of cheating on Apollo before he even went to jail. Still unsure why Kandi is upset, Phaedra meets up with her for lunch, where things got really real. 

After Phaedra shares that it's a struggle raising kids while going through a divorce with a man who's currently serving time, Kandi admits that she understands her struggle, but isn't here for Phaedra's complaints about her marriage. "We both know that you were counting down the days 'til he went away, anyway. He relieved you because really he was giving you drama at the time and you were ready for him to go," she said. Despite her feelings about Apollo at the time, Phaedra added that she still went through a ton of emotions when he left. 

Well, that opened a whole can of worms. "Let's stop because I don't even want to say anything crazy to you," Kandi replied. "I'm making it light because you made it light to me. You were already talking to other people before your husband even went to jail. When we would talk, you were already planning to marry somebody else by the new year. So, it really was a stress off your back at the time." WELP!

It's quite clear that Kandi and Phaedra's relationship is pretty much beyond repair. We have no idea what the rest of the season holds, but we know for sure the season nine reunion is definitely going to be messy if Phaedra and Kandi are still butting heads.


#EMPIRE: Season ending Cliffhangers: Will Andre kill Lucious Lyon?
Finale recap: Andre finally reveals his bipolar disorder to Nessa, and how Rhonda helped him manage it. “I’m not gonna do any of those things for you,” she says, before admitting her loftier goal. “I want you to learn to do them for yourself.” This leads to one final hallucination/beautifully shot scene of Andre on the beach with Ghost Rhonda. She approves of his new merger (heck, she already got in on that otherwordly three-way a few episodes ago), and encourages Andre to proceed — with Machiavellian purpose. Oh, and one last thing, she adds: “Promise me you will destroy that bitch that murdered me and killed our baby.” Damn, girl, why not just skywrite “Surrender, Boo-Boo Kitty” right across the sky? Andre poetically tosses his wedding ring into the water, then reveals to Shyne that he knows the producer liquidated his assets two weeks before Lucious’ assets were frozen. He’s turned King Shyne into a mere rook for now, telling him to respect the heirarchy “’til it’s time to kill my father.” And the look on Andre’s face says he really means it. Dun-dun-dunnnnn.

So the question is will it happen, OR NAH?


New Music: Maxwell – 1990x (Michael Brun Remix)
Maxwell has delivered something smooth for your listening pleasure. After wrapping up his world tour with Mary J. Blige this week, the soulful crooner has released an official remix to the sultry “1990x” off his acclaimed album blackSUMMERS’night.
Producer Michael Brun puts some atmospheric grooves down for the hypnotic remix, which breathes additional life into the song’s sexy vibe.

Earlier this month Maxwell received a Grammy nomination for Best R&B Song for the SUMMERS’ single “Lake By The Ocean.”
Check out the new remix to “1990x” HERE

Thoughts?


Hip Hop News: Tupac Shakur To Be Inducted Into Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame
On Tuesday (Dec. 20), it was announced that Tupac Shakur will officially be inducted into the Rock Hall at the 32nd annual ceremony next year. He joins a celebrated cast of musicians, including Pearl Jam, Journey, Yes, Joan Baez, and Electric Light Orchestra. Nile Rodgers will also enter the Hall with a Musical Excellence nod.

The prestigious event will take place April 7, 2017 at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center, just a short distance away from 2Pac’s birthplace in Harlem. It will be televised on HBO and a radio broadcast will air on SiriusXM. On top of the induction, Shakur memorabilia will also be on display at the Rock Hall. Inductees will have a special exhibit open at the Hall in Cleveland on March 30.
The late legend’s estate celebrated the selection with a statement on Instagram. “On behalf of the Tupac Estate, we are incredibly honored to announce that Tupac has been selected as one of the 2017 inductees for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame,” reads the statement. “Thank you to the nominating committee and to his fans who supported his nomination by voting. This award recognizes how Tupac’s message of change and mission to give a voice to those who didn’t have one continues to resonate with millions of people to this day. You are the reason Tupac’s legacy lives on.”


Drake And Jennifer Lopez DATING????
Is a romance brewing between Drake and Jennifer Lopez?
Sources tell TMZ that the rapper, 30, and singer-actress, 47, are headed for a relationship. The two have reportedly been spending a lot of time together lately, and it seems to be a matter of time before they make it official.

On Monday, they enjoyed a night out together when Drake shut down Delilah restaurant in West Hollywood. J.Lo was among the 20 guests at the private event.
Drizzy and J.Lo are also working on a music project together, and Drake has been spotted at two of J.Lo’s Las Vegas shows. Drake snapped a selfie at one and captioned it with a “lotta” heart eye emojis.
He even caught her bedazzled New York Yankees cap while seated in the audience. “Sure I’ll hold your diamond encrusted fitted while you catch this Vegas body,” he wrote.
The “One Dance” hitmaker was most recently linked to Rihanna, while Lopez ended her longtime relationship with dancer Beau “Casper” Smart.
In related news, J.Lo canceled a million-dollar New Year’s Eve gig so she can spend time with her family at her new Bel-Air home. She was supposed to perform at E11even nightclub in Miami, but she wants to enjoy the holidays with her kids and family members. Time will tell if those plans include Drake


So Kris Jenner wants to air Kanye’s Breakdown and Issues on KUWTK?
Following Kim’s nasty robbery in Paris and Kanye West’s hospitalization, the family is begging mom Kris to put the show tapings on hold for a few months, but she refuses.
“Kris thinks they should be filming now to capture all this drama that will make great TV. Kim is begging her to stop with the TV show for a few weeks until they all heal but Kris is refusing,”! Sources tell the folks over at Naughty Gossip “Kris even asked if they could get footage of Kanye in the hospital but Kim refused to even ask her husband. The show seems to be Kris’s number one priority but everyone else is over it. There are more important things in life than being on TV.”

We hope you are listening, Kris!


Shemar Moore Has A Strained Relationship With His Father Because he did not treat Mom right! 
In a new interview, Shemar Moore opens up about his strained relationship with his father. The 46-year-old actor admits that they’re not close because of some of the choices his father made when he was a child. He explains,

My father is in my life, but on my terms. He wasn’t good to my mom. Umm, we lived overseas and we did that to protect the family unit. But my father was erratic and being inconsistent and doing right by my mom. My mother – enough was enough – he ended up spending four years in San Quentin [State Prison] when I was a baby. So now, fast forward to this day. He’s in my life. I made a decision to help him because he was in need so I bought him a place to keep him safe and I wish the best for him, but it’s up to him to live is life.

Oh and as far as calling Shemar gay because he said ‘I have fans that are gay, men that come up to me, and they’re inspired by me, or they like me as an entertainer, and when they want to give me a hug or take pictures with me, what, am I supposed to not put my arm around them, or stand next to them, and if the man next to me in the picture is gay, that makes me gay? That’s just simpleminded ignorance, and I don’t play that’. 

So there!


President Barack Obama Executes Largest Act Of Clemency In U.S History
A little over a month before he and his family leave the White House, President Barack Obama is flexing his power as Commander-In-Chief.
POTUS just reduced the sentences of 153 prisoners convicted of federal crimes and pardoned 78 others, totaling 231 people who will receive clemency from the president. The move is marked as the largest act of clemency by any U.S. president in one day.
The prisoners who had their sentences reduced were all convicted on drug crimes. According to reports, some will be released in 2017 and 2018, while others will have to wait several years before their release date.

In a statement, White House Counsel Neil Eggleston said the 231 people who benefited from the act were all “deserving” and that they "have all demonstrated that they are ready to make use — or have already made use — of a second chance."
Mr. Eggleston also revealed POTUS will likely grant more commutations and pardons before he leaves office on January 20th.

Throughout his presidency, POTUS has been an advocate on prison reform for our racially and socioeconomically unjust justice system. In an effort to help those with unjustified lengthy sentences, he has shortened 1,176 sentences over the last eight years, more than any of the U.S. presidents that came before him. He has also pardoned 148 prisoners throughout his time in the White House.


Janelle Monae: ‘Hidden Figures’ Of NASA Were ‘True American Heroes’ on the‘TODAY’ Show.
Singer Janelle Monae portrays Mary Jackson, NASA’s first African-American aerospace engineer, in the film “Hidden Figures.” Monae tells TODAY that she was embarrassed that she didn’t know anything about the women profiled in the film until she read the script, and adds that it is now her mission to educate others about pioneering African-American women in the U.S. space program.

WATCH HERE
By the way what is in her hair?


Is Britney Spears dating her Slumber Party costar, Sam Asghari? 😺
We haven’t heard much about Britney Spear’s love life lately, which is likely a good thing since she doesn’t always make the best choices. However, Britney has been out not once but three times with her Slumber Party costar, Sam Asghari. Sam posted their second date to his Instagram but when fans flocked to the post to get confirmation of a romance, he took it down (you can see the photo here). But just this Sunday they were spotted at Gyu-Kaku Japanese BBQ. So, are they a thing? Here are the pap shots so you can decide:
As I mention, this is a third date, although we only know where two and three took place. Part of me is wondering about the Marie Claire article Kaiser covered in which Britney talked about a terrible first date she had had recently with a guy she really liked. In that interview, she said he didn’t feel the same about her – I kind of wonder if she was talking about Sam and he came around or if she misread the situation at the time?


#EGGPLANT NATION! Meet Shorty Dee!
Meet Shorty Dee! To see more of him you can GO HERE TO SEE THE PICS!  And remember they’re NSWF!

DISCLAIMER: WE DO NOT OWN any images posted on this blog. All images are found online or submitted.

ENJOY!


AND FINALLY FROM “THE CRAZY PEOPLE SHOPPING AT WALMART” FILES?
‘5 DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS’
Even Santa gets his gifts at Walmart…


HAVE A GREAT DAY ALL!!!
EFREM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers