7/11/16

Idris Elba Smoulders Chocolate For You In Interview Magazine!



Ladies, Idris Elba Smolders For You In Interview Magazine
Interview Magazine unveiled its August 2016 cover featuring Idris Elba and it does not disappoint.
The issue, which hits newsstands on July 12, features an interview with Elba conducted by director Jon Favreau (Elba stars as the voice of the CG-animated Shere Khan in the Jungle Book film which Favreau directed), and the two chat about everything from working with strong directors to Elba’s work as a DJ.
In the lengthy interview —Elba also opens up about trying to have it all and juggle everything in his life.
“When you break it down like that, it’s unhealthy to have that much going on. [laughs] I don’t want to sound ungrateful or anything, but I sleep less, I’m constantly thinking, I’m constantly multitasking, and I really don’t know what the effects are going to be when I’m older. I don’t ever stop. Not because I’m greedy or anything, but I’m always creating, debating with the part of my brain that is dormant. Wondering how I can move in and create a bit more space and take a bit more time. But it’s almost like the more I achieve, the more capacity I have to achieve. I do worry sometimes about whether I’m going to burn out. Not burn myself out, but burn my art out, with audiences going, ‘Ah, yeah, I’ve seen enough’.”

Elba has long harbored a passion for DJ-ing, having put out some house beats here and there. But in order to pursue his acting career in the United States, Elba effectively put his passion of DJ-ing aside. Elba’s DJ name is DJ Driis.
“What happened was, once I got The Wire, my life changed. I couldn’t DJ as much and I couldn’t take it seriously because my career as an actor was just getting to a place where I was finally making it in America,” Elba told Interview. “I wanted to be on American TV so much. I didn’t park DJ’ing; I just sort of ended up becoming more of a studio guy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers