3/24/13

Kevin Hart's EX-Wife Torrei Hart Awarded $175K in Divorce!




Kevin Hart's EX-Wife Torrei Hart AWARDED $175K In DIVORCE Decision
Torrei Hart, the comedienne ex-wife of funnyman Kevin Hart will be laughing all the way to the bank following her new divorce settlelment, TMZ reports.  Torrei was awarded a flat sum of $175K and will also receive nearly $20K a month for the support of the couple's two children (8-year-old daughter Heaven Lee and 5-year-old son Hendrix).  According to terms of the couple's pre-nup, Torrei will get an Escalade and will keep her jewelry.

Since Kevin is worth a reported $9 Million bucks, it may seem like he got off easy, but maybethe couple didn't want to drag things out in court.  Plus, Torrei has already proven her own earning "potential" with a series of funny viral spoofs on YouTube.  It's only a matter of time before she stakes her own claim in Hollywood.
In a public statement yesterday via her PR rep, Torrei also revealed she isn't focusing on the cheating Kevin did during their marriage, because she's moving forward with the career she says he didn't allow her to have:
"I could go into detail about extra-marital affairs, and other problems that many American couples have, but I won’t. Some who’ve walked in these shoes would boast, 'I’ve lived the Diary of a Mad Black Woman… almost scene by scene,' but I won’t.
I am not disheartened by the way things have turned out. It is no surprise to me. Kevin has chosen to be very vocal with his spin on his affairs and life choices."
And she ended with a bit of positivity:
"Although a position of honor, I always knew I was destined to do & be more than the house-wife Kevin allowed me to be. I know the dreams and plans God has for me....
I, Torrei Hart, will be a pillar for hundreds of thousands of women who are afraid to live life after life with their wealthy and/or powerful husbands. Women are too often defined by the pocket-size of their “pocket-sized” husbands. We are desperate for more positive role-models who are living examples of women who work and hold our own while we are yet “good help” to a grateful husband."

So, there you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers