10/3/18

The Daily Buzz For Oct 4 ☕📰☕


Tracee Ellis Ross for InStyle US - November 2018 See all the covers HERE!
Tracee Ellis Ross is 45 and happily single, thank you very much.
The star of ABC's Black-ish is opening up about her personal and professional life for InStyle's November cover story, sharing that she's "very pleased" with her life just as it is. "It's sort of fascinating to be 45 and single and childless," Ross tells the magazine. "Happily single, I should add. Not at home crying about it."

"These are very big and very personal questions that aren't anyone's business but that somehow, like the right to choose, become fodder for public conversation," Ross continues. "Some of the ability to reflect on what I really want comes from pushing up against a society that shames me for not having the expected trappings. I'm very pleased with my existence these days. Have I had to learn to make friends with loneliness? Yes. I think if I were in a relationship, it would be the same."
The Golden Globe winner also gets real with the InStyle about self-care and learning to say "no."
"The 'I woke up like this' thing? Bulls--t!" Ross says. "Black-ish is in HD, darling! There's no Vaseline on the lenses. At 18 I might have woken up like this. At 45 I f--king work for it. I love potato chips more than anything in the world, and so I work out hard. I put masks on my face. I take care of myself. And, by the way, to me self-care does not mean going to the spa. It's learning to say no. It's knowing yourself so you can make choices that are an expression of you. That's self-care."
Ross also opens up to the magazine about her childhood and growing up the daughter of legendary singer Diana Ross.

"I think reality television has warped people's sense of what having money or fame looks like behind the scenes. I have always had a lot of abundance. I was very well educated because of my mother's gift." she says. "I feel very aware of that privilege. There were beautiful things everywhere, but there was a sense of taking care of and cherishing beauty. And also of not taking things too seriously. You could be climbing all over my mom's head while she'd be sitting in an interview, putting your handprints on everything."

"It's a lot," she says of growing up as the daughter of one of the world's most famous artists. "It's not navigable without a parent who is choosing you over everyone else. I grew up the way Blue Ivy [Carter, Jay-Z and Beyoncé's daughter] is growing up — although at least there wasn't social media."

Up next for Ross? She's working on a memoir, filming the fifth season of Black-ish, and next week she returns as host of the 2018 American Music Awards. The award show will broadcast live from the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles on Tuesday, Oct. 9.
You can read more from Ross' interview at InStyle, or pick up a copy of the November issue, on sale Oct. 12.


#RHoA Stars Porsha Williams and Kenya Moore Reunite showing Off Dual Baby Bumps!
Kenya Moore and Porsha Williams of The Real Housewives of Atlanta enjoyed a night out in their hometown on Tuesday as they attended the star-studded premiered of WEtv’s new show Growing Up Hip Hop Atlanta.
Both moms-to-be looked stunning and smiling in head-to-toe black, posing together on the red carpet. Williams, 37, added a stylish maternity blazer with a plaid sleeve to her ensemble while Moore, 47, sported a classic little black dress with a subtle tassel detail.

“Mommas out on the town! 🤩,” Williams captioned a gallery of photos on Instagram from the big night out, which was also attended by fellow Atlanta Housewives Cynthia Bailey and Eva Marcille.
RHOA fans will no-doubt be excited to see Moore and Williams together. The women started on the Bravo reality show together in 2012, and have appeared to put their differences aside after years of feuding.

Sadly, their dual pregnancies won’t be playing out on RHOA. In July, sources revealed to PEOPLE that Moore wouldn’t be returning for the reality show’s 11th season amid “messy” contract negotiations. The former Miss U.S.A. is expecting her first child with husband Marc Daly.

Williams, on the other hand, will be back for the upcoming season — which, among lots of other drama, will address her whirlwind romance to fiancé Dennis McKinley.
Over the weekend, McKinley proposed — renting out a venue and taking Williams there via helicopter there. There were “candles and rose petals everywhere,” her rep said.
The singer Lil’ Mo was also on hand, surprising Williams by singing her favorite song, “4 Ever.” Then, the couple threw a “prayer party” for their baby on the way, Williams’ first.

“She doesn’t want any focus on the ring etc, but it’s huge and gorgeous!” her rep added. “Dennis had videographer & photographer and has been working on the proposal for two months….had candles etc and rose petals everywhere.”
Their engagement comes weeks after Williams revealed that she was pregnant with McKinley’s child,
It’s an especially happy time for Williams, who had previously suffered a miscarriage.

“When I found out I was pregnant, I was excited [but] I had mixed feelings. The other feeling that I had beside excitement was fear,” she recalled. ““I’ve had a miscarriage before in my past, which I’ve also been open about because I suffer with fibroids and had to have a myomectomy… So just the fear of, ‘Is the baby going to be okay? Will I make it full term?’ All those questions that you ask if you’ve had a miscarriage before.”

Williams was able to see and hear her baby in a doctor’s appointment on the same day as the interview, which she said helped her “really wrap my mind around actually becoming a mommy.“


#Empire: episode #2  will showcase Indianapolis rapper Trajik
Indianapolis hip-hop artist Trajik tried multiple times to land a role on Fox series "Empire," but it didn't work out until a script called for a rapper looking for a break.
The second episode of "Empire's" fifth season — airing 8 p.m. Wednesday on WXIN-59 — will showcase Trajik.

He said his successful audition makes all the previous trips to "Empire's" Chicago production site worth the effort.
“It’s the type of exposure you can’t buy," Trajik said. "But you have to have talent and you have to have a certain level of professionalism. I’m all for that. That’s right up my alley.”
Trajik launched his hip-hop career shortly after graduating from Lawrence North High School in 2003 (he also attended Warren Central High School).

With a stage name based on tragic situations his rivals would encounter in a rap battle, Donovan "Trajik" Short recorded hundreds of songs (most yet to be released) and played shows in the South and Midwest.
“A lot of these new artists think it’s a microwave: You put it in there for 30 seconds and you take it out and eat," he said. "It doesn’t work that way. It takes time.”

On the "Empire" episode titled "Pay for Their Presumptions," Trajik portrays a rapper auditioning for a member of the Lyon family who can open doors in the music industry
The orange jumpsuit Trajik wore to his "Empire" casting call provides a clue for the setting. You could say it's a captive audience.

“I get a small window of opportunity to show what I can do," he said of the show's storyline.
Trajik isn't the first Indianapolis resident to collect an "Empire" check. Joyce Licorish and Izzy A'more, a pair of actor-singers, have appeared onscreen. And visual artist Lobyn Hamilton landed one of his turntable sculptures in the show's set design.
Hip-hop fans can catch a performance by Trajik, whose resume includes appearances at the annual Chreece festival in Fountain Square, Saturday at the Indiana State Fairgrounds. He will perform between boxing matches at CBA Promotions "Fight Night."

Trajik describes his music as "telling it to you straight up and down."
The lyrics of current single "Traptown, USA" describe the mean streets of Indianapolis.

"I can show you where the thugs at, where the drugs at," he rhymes in the song. 
"I’m bringing a spotlight to this life," Trajik said. "Hopefully, some people can hear what I’m talking about and take something from it — do something in the communities to help bring awareness around what’s going on. The only way we’re going to bring it to light is if we talk about it. No one’s going to know about the hardships and the lack of opportunities."

Empire is on Wednesdays on FOX!


#NewMusic from August Alsina “Wouldn’t Leave”
August Alsina has been keeping a low profile lately, but he quietly returns with new music.
On his latest release “Wouldn’t Leave,” the New Orleans crooner covers Kanye West’s ye song of the same name.

WATCH HERE
Alsina is now working on his long-awaited third album, the follow-up to 2015’s This Thing Called Life, which he said was being held “hostage” by his label Def Jam.


#HipHopNews: Nicki Minaj Opens Up About Abusive Relationship In her Documentary ‘Queen’
Nicki Minaj is opening up about her life.The rap queen has shared a couple candid clips from her upcoming Queen documentary on Apple Music, where she reveals a painful childhood growing up in an abusive household.
As tears rolled down her cheeks, an emotional Nicki recalled trying to protect her mother from her father. “I remember when my mother would let my father be violent with her. As a little girl, I would stand in front of my mother and go like this,” she said as she reached out her arms.

From that moment, she knew she had to protect her family. “That’s why maybe some people would describe me as abrasive or bitchy or whatever, because I vowed from that age, ‘No man would ever abuse me, call out my name, treat me like that.’ And then all of a sudden, that was my life.”
In a second clip, she describes an abusive relationship later on in her life. “Who was I gonna inspire when I had nothing in me to give? I let one human being make me so low that I didn’t even remember who I was. I was scared to get in the studio because I didn’t believe in myself.
But inspiration came after she moved to Miami. “I started catching a vibe as soon as I went to Miami. As soon as I changed locations, I started catching a vibe.”

She then relocated to New York, where she recorded “Coco Chanel” and “Good Form,” two tracks off Queen. “All of those things just started as mumbles in the studio in New York.”

It’s unclear who Nicki is referring to in the documentary, but her ex-boyfriend Meek Mill has already seemingly responded to her comments. Shortly after the clips were posted, Meek posted a quote about narcissism and captioned it, “Lol.”
The Queen documentary is “coming soon” to Apple Music.


YOUR FIRST LOOK: Check Out Sylvester Stallone In ‘Rambo 5’
Sylvester Stallone offers a first look at John Rambo in the forthcoming action film, “Rambo 5.” Get the scoop and see pics
Sylvester Stallone took to social media to offer the first look at a very “seasoned” John Rambo.

The legendary actor captioned the photos:
According to Deadline, the latest installment will find Rambo up against the full might of one of Mexico’s most violent cartels when the daughter of one of his friends is kidnapped.
Rambo 5 is slated to arrive sometime in 2019.


#FASHIONFILES: Rihanna in Head-to-Toe Snakeskin
Rihanna could give the “Riverdale” gang South Side Serpents a run for their money.
The singer showed up to her Fenty Beauty anniversary celebration in Sydney, Australia wearing snakeskin everything.

Walking the red carpet, Rihanna screamed trendsetter in the reptile-patterned strapless mini with ample cleavage. Pairing the look with matching accessories, including an impressive snakeskin bucket hat, RiRi made a splash while celebrating the company on its one-year anniversary.
The beauty founder has been on a whirlwind promotional campaign for her cosmetic line and her fashion has been daring, to say the least.
Besides creating the ultimate smokeshow look in snakeskin, she turned heads at JCPenny just weeks ago wearing a hot pink frock.


Sarah Jessica Parker Addresses Fan Asking Her to 'Replace or Write Out' Kim Cattrall for 'Sex & the City 3'
Sarah Jessica Parker has responded to a fan requesting that she write out or replace Kim Cattrall‘s character in order to make a third Sex and the City film.
If you don’t know, months ago, Kim stated that she did not want to do a third film and stated she was “never friends” with her co-stars. Then, after Kim suffered a personal family tragedy after her brother’s death, she did not like that Sarah Jessica offered a pubic condolence. She called Sarah Jessica out, marking a very public feud.

Well, this week, a fan requested that SJP “replace or write her out…if she is not interested.”

Sarah Jessica had a very gracious response to the fan, writing, “Not sure if I can imagine doing another movie without her.”


Wife of “Family Matters” Star Darius McCrary Says He Dislocated His 2-year-old Daughter’s Arm
Last year, Tammy Brawner, wife of “Family Matters” star, Darius McCrary, filed a restraining order against the actor, accusing him of abusing their one-year-old daughter, Zoey. McCrary denied the allegations.
Since then, the two have been embroiled in a legal battle over custody and child support, with McCrary ordered to court-appointed monitored visits with his daughter.

But now, in new court documents obtained by The Blast, Brawner is accusing McCrary of violating the terms of their restraining order and custody agreement. In the docs, Brawner says McCray went on the radio and “stated that I have been telling and coaching our 2-year-old daughter to lie and say that ‘dada hurt her.’”⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
However, in her defense, Brawner says she has evidence to prove McCrary has been violent with their daughter. As part of Brawner’s new filing, she attached medical records from a March 2018 incident, when McCrary “partially dislocated our daughter’s arm.”

In that incident, she told officials McCrary took the baby to the bathroom and “grabbed her arm.” But, McCrary claimed he just “grabbed one hand to lift her up and immediately grabbed the other.” Zoey was treated in that incident, and according to reports, the young girl handled it well.
In addition to the injury, Brawner detailed McCray’s custody violation, claiming he showed up to a recent monitored visit with another child and flaked on their court-ordered co-parenting classes.

“I cannot co-parent by myself,” Brawner says. “I have gone above and beyond to parent with Mr. McCrary but he appears to be too bitter and too much of a tyrant to parent with me.”


We now know who Sen. Cory Booker’s Girlfriend is
Cory Booker,  United States Senator from New Jersey, is considering throwing his hat in the ring for the race to United States President in 2020. In the midst of all that, sources say he’s also hiding a romantic relationship.
Booker is said to be dating executive director of the Council of Urban Professionals and mother of two, Chanda Gibson. They’ve known each other since Gibson worked on Booker’s 2002 campaign for mayor of Newark, NJ and have reportedly been dating off and on for years. A source tells Page Six,

He’s been dating her on and off for years . . . No one could understand why he told her their relationship is secret.
Gibson refused to comment on the nature of their relationship — or if there is a relationship at all.
In the past, opponents of Booker have tried to make claims that he was gay. To those rumors, Booker has previously stated,

People who think I’m gay, some part of me thinks it’s wonderful. Because I want to challenge people on their homophobia . . . I say, ‘So what does it ­matter if I am?’


Tamar Braxton Goes Off on Iyanla Vanzant, Demands Her to Stop ‘Name Calling’
Iyanla Vanzant had a tense interaction with Tamar Braxton as the life coach worked to help the singer and her family through their issues on “Braxton Family Values.”
On a preview for Thursday night’s season finale of the WE tv series, Braxton enters into a heated dialogue with Vanzant and barely lets her get a word in edgewise.

“You really don’t quit with this name-calling,” Braxton fires at the host of OWN’s “Iyanla Fix My Life.” “I’m not here for that. ‘I now want to be seen?’ You really gotta watch your mouth … who talks to me like that? Who talks to anybody like that?”
“I do, I do,” Vanzant says as Braxton speaks over her. “Because I love you. I love you. I love you.”
“I ain’t talking to you like that,” Braxton continues. “You want to be seen and now you’re being abusive ’cause you’re cutting me off. Now your attitude is abusive. You’re abusive sis.”

Vanzant points out that during the family mediation, Braxton has been cutting people off “all day.” But the single mom doesn’t back down.
“How you gon’ tell me how to act if you’re acting the exact same way?” she says. “You’re being abusive, you’re cutting me off.”

Vanzant then pointedly asks Braxton if she wants to have this talk. Braxton hits back with a question of her own.
“Do you?” she says looking Vanzant up and down. “Because I don’t appreciate you keep throwing out these names. What about my disrespect? All I have been is respectful. I’ve been called…”
The star does not slow her roll until her the Braxton family matriarch calls on her to stop.

“Wait a minute!” mom Evelyn Braxton interjects. “Calm down.”
It’s not clear exactly what caused so much agitation but fans have been chiming in on the interaction ahead of the season 6 finale.

“Iyanla confronted tamar on her behavior and she couldn’t accept the fact that shes ratchet.”
“You never talk to your elders like that 😮”
“Wow Tamar she is not acting right at all.”
“What name calling ? I didn’t hear no curse words just the truth from Iyanla and she don’t like it and she is right ..Tamar always wanted to be seen #OVERTHETOP.”


Damon Wayans says He’s Quitting Fox’s ‘Lethal Weapon’
Damon Wayans says he’s leaving Fox’s Lethal Weapon for personal reasons in December, after completing the series’ current 13-episode Season 3 order. In a video interview, he said the 16-hour workdays and the fact that here’s a “58-year-old diabetic” drove him to the decision.
“I’m giving them enough time to find a replacement,” he told the Electronic Urban Report on Tuesday

Warner Bros TV, which produces the series, had no comment on today’s news. Fox deferred requests for comment to the studio.
Wayans was disgruntled about Lethal Weapon going back to last season, when he clashed with co-star Clayne Crawford — the Riggs to his Murtaugh — in a very public feud. WBTV eventually fired Crawford over his alleged on-set behavior. Seann William Scott was cast as his replacement in mid-May, playing a new character, and the show was renewed for a third season.
Wayans also has been vocal about the physical demands of doing a network drama series and the toll they have had on him. (He previously did the ABC comedy My Wife & Kids, a multi-camera sitcom which has a far lighter work schedule.)

In today’s interview, Wayans indicated how unhappy he has been on Lethal Weapon, saying that he is leaving to “try to find my smile again.”

He said he’s exiting the show after production on its initial 13-episode Season 3 order wraps in December, leaving the door open to Fox picking up more episodes without him — though that probably isn’t likely considering the circumstances. He said his job on the cop action-drama was putting too much strain on his personal life, noting that his daughter and mother both had recent surgeries that he missed because of filming

“It’s hard for me to play this loving, supportive father/husband/friend on TV but be the guy in life that who’s telling everybody, ‘I can’t — I have to work.’”
Asked by Jill Monroe what’s next, Wayans said: “I’m gonna return to the stage and try to find my smile again. … I think you have to look yourself in the eye and go, ‘Who are you?’ And it can’t all be about work. You know, I’m from a big family, a loving family, and I haven’t seen them. All the family gatherings — I’m too tired [or] can’t because it conflicts with work. I have seven grandkids. I’ve been missing recitals and graduations, and to me it’s not worth it.”

The reloaded Lethal Weapon is off to a solid start for Fox. Season 3 of the series spawned from the movie franchise premiered September 25 with 3.4 million viewers and a 0.8 in 18-49, the latter matching its Season 2 premiere with Crawford. It and NBC’s This Is Us led all Tuesday premieres in Live+3 gains, jumping by 59% to a 1.3 in the demo and 63% in total viewers (to 5.6 million).


Tiffany Haddish Reveals She Was Almost A Contestant On Flava of Love!
Um, Tiffany Haddish could have been in our lives and on our screens way earlier!
She is now a household name, thanks, in part, to her breakout role in the 2017 film Girls Trip.
But she might have found mainstream fame years ago, if she had made a different choice. She told WIRED that she was almost a contestant on the historic VH1 reality TV competition, Flavor of Love.
That is really bizarre. Who knew, eh?
While answering the Web's most searched questions about herself (alongside her Night School costar, Kevin Hart) the comedian answered "no" to one that asked if she was Tiffany "New York" Pollard, who is famous for her stint on the series.
However, she did reveal that, while she auditioned to be a part of it, she quickly changed her mind after learning one key detail.
"But when I found it was Flavor Flav you had to be in the house with, I was like, 'Oh, no thank you. I don't want this job,'" she quipped.
Hahaha. She should talk to New York about that though.

#POLITICS: Barack Obama Backs Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez In New Round Of Endorsements
Former President Barack Obama is putting his name behind 260 more Democratic candidates ahead of November’s midterm elections, with his latest list including progressive New York congressional candidate Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

Obama’s second wave of endorsements released on Monday ― following his first list of 81 candidates in August ― highlights candidates who “aren’t just running against something, but for something,” he said in a statement on Monday.

“They’re running to expand opportunity and restore the honor and compassion that should be the essence of public service. I’m proud to endorse so many of them today, and I’m eager to continue making the case for why they deserve our votes this November,” he said.
Today, I’m proud to endorse even more Democratic candidates who aren’t just running against something, but for something—to expand opportunity for all of us and to restore dignity, honor, and compassion to public service. They deserve your vote:
Among the most notable candidates on Obama’s latest list is Ocasio-Cortez, 28, who is running for a seat in the Bronx. The Democratic socialist and first-time political candidate had a stunning victory against 10-term incumbent Rep. Joe Crowley back in June. Her platform includes Medicare for all, tuition-free public schools and universities and housing as a human right.

Obama’s other endorsements include Florida gubernatorial candidate Andrew Gillum, Florida Sen. Bill Nelson, Arizona Senate candidate Krysten Sinema, who is running for the seat being vacated by retiring Republican Sen. Jeff Flake, and Ohio House of Representatives candidate Rachel Crooks, who has accused President Donald Trump of sexual assault.

Gun control advocate Lucia “Lucy” McBath, who is running for the U.S. House in Georgia, also made the list, as well as Tony Evers, who’s looking to unseat Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R).

Former President Barack Obama speaks during a campaign rally for Sen. Bob Casey (D-PA) and Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf in Phil
Former President Barack Obama speaks during a campaign rally for Sen. Bob Casey (D-PA) and Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf in Philadelphia in September. On Monday, he released a new list of Democratic candidates that he is endorsing.
Maryland gubernatorial candidate Ben Jealous was notably absent from Obama’s first list but made the cut this time around.

Notably absent in Obama’s latest round was Rep. Beto O’Rourke, who’s challenging Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) this fall, as was Minnesota Congressman Keith Ellison, who won the primary for Minnesota attorney general while facing domestic abuse allegations.

Obama’s selection for this round of endorsements focused on several factors, his office said in a release. Those factors included close races where his support would have a meaningful difference, races that are redistricting priorities, candidates who are Obama campaign and administration alumni, and candidates who would build a pipeline of diverse talent within the Democratic party’s next generation.



AND FINALLY FROM THE CRAZY PEOPLE SHOPPING AT WALMART FILES
‘3T’
Feel like that outfit really only makes sense if you’re somewhere between 2 – 4 years old. After that it’s just weird.


#EGGPLANTNATION Meet Tony Cub
Meet Cub! So you know what to do to see them goods. GO HERE TO SEE THE PICS and remember they’re NSFW!

DISCLAIMER: WE DO NOT OWN NOR ALTER any images posted on this blog. All images are found online or submitted.

You’re Welcome!


HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYBODY!!!
EFREM 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers