8/30/17

The Daily Buzz For Aug 31 ☕šŸ“°☕


Master P’s New Orleans Gators sign WNBA legend Lisa Leslie as head coach
Basketball Hall of Famer Lisa Leslie, three-time WNBA MVP and a four-time Olympic gold medal winner, has signed on as head
coach of the New Orleans Gators professional basketball team. Per GMGB policy, contract details were not disclosed. Leslie followed her career at the University of Southern California with eight WNBA All-Star selections and two WNBA championships over the course of 11 seasons with the Los Angeles Sparks.
Team owner Percy Miller said, “Coach Leslie’s expertise, history and knowledge of the game will create a championship atmosphere for our team. We are excited and blessed to have her join our family, The New Orleans Gators. GMGB is a professional co-ed basketball league and Lisa Leslie is no stranger to playing against guys earlier in her career. She started off playing guys from the streets to the pros. I had a chance to experience her hard work and competitiveness firsthand. I played her during the summer of my pro career. She’s smart, she knows basketball and she’s a beast on the court. That’s the kind of spirit we need in our Gators organization.”

“I’m proud to be the coach, the face of this team and organization. I love that this league stands for equality and giving back. Can’t wait until Sept. 23 so the world can witness history as we put some of the best pro co-ed talents on the same court at one time in Las Vegas,” Leslie said.

For more information, go to www.NewOrleansGators.com


#RHoA: Kenya Moore And Cynthia Bailey Have New Men In Their Lives But ‘Real Housewives Of Atlanta’ Castmates See Them Differently
Cynthia Bailey is more than happy to let you know how she feels when it comes to her new man, Will Jones, and Kenya Moore is also sharing about her new husband Marc Daly.
Over the weekend, the “Real Housewives of Atlanta” star decided to make her new romance official
It has been four months since Bailey officially divorced ex-husband, Peter Thomas.

Since then, she has met a man who has her floating on air.
The former model shared a cute picture where she is smiling from ear to ear with Mr. Jones.
The selfie was taken after the fashion designer and the motivational speaker spent a romantic weekend at Georgia’s Lake Lanier resort.

Bailey also unveiled a stunning photo where she is in a coral outfit and used the caption to say that Jones makes her happy.
The reality star wrote: “He is got me feeling pretty special.”
Bailey recntly sat down with Bravo and explained that she is now in a great place and added: “I am really pleased with the way we handled our divorce. I did not want to be mean, or ugly, or ratchet about it. I chose to be in my marriage. I was happy for many years in my marriage, and a lot of great things came out of my marriage. I am good, we are good.”

Fans are thrilled for the businesswoman and are telling her to keep her man away from the show.
One said: “Being divorced means what? Cynthia is also divorced. Soon as these people post their relationship and appear happy hear comes you miserable unknown private investigators trying to find the wrong in them to tear them apart. Cynthia can handle her own, and I am pretty sure she is not just about his good looks.”
Another stated: “Please keep him away from the show … Reality tv has led to a downfall to most marriages. Kenya is already getting beat up.”

Indeed, poor Moore. The latest rumors claimed that her marriage news has her co-stars ganging up on her because they think she is faking it.

A source said: “Kim Zolciak, Sheree Whitfield, and Nene Leakes are the ring leaders in searching for the truth behind Kenya Moore’s shocking elopement earlier this year. After Kim and Kenya got into a heated altercation at Nene Leakes’ house, Kim has made it her priority to find proof that Kenya’s wedding was just a publicity stunt instead of actual nuptials.”

The same insider stated that Moore fought back and ended her friendship with Leakes.


#EMPIRE: Taraji P. Henson On The Beauty Of Black Hair And Women Empowerment
A week after hosting the 2017 Black Girls Rock, which filmed on Aug. 5 and aired Tuesday, Henson spoke to our friends over at HuffPost for her #OwnIt campaign with Special K to encourage food choice confidence among women.
After a health scare in which doctors discovered a hole in her stomach, Henson said she partnered with the brand to not only raise health awareness among women, but also to encourage them not to stress over their food choices as much. (Ninety percent of women spend 61 minutes a day second-guessing their food choices, according to a new survey by Special K.)

The actress condemned the boxes society tries to place women in, and said that it’s about time the world recognizes a wide range of beauty.

“It’s so much pressure put on us about how we look, about our body; we’re forced to compare ourselves with other women. Why?” she asked. “We’re not meant to look alike. Everybody’s not supposed to be as skinny as a pole. Let’s celebrate how we all look.”
Henson said the harsh judgment is even worse when it comes to black women. Though they’re still constantly pitted against Eurocentric standards of beauty, Henson said she’s thrilled at black women’s efforts to change the world’s perspective and realize “the sky’s not the limit, it’s only the view,” as she noted at Black Girls Rock.

She also opened up about embracing her natural hair. Though she’s been natural since she starred in 2001′s “Baby Boy,” Henson told HuffPost that she was recently inspired by her friend Tamara Bass to rock her fro more often.
“I’ve been natural for years, but I would press and do, I would lean more toward straightening my hair,” she said, noting that her hair was heat damaged. “I just decided to cut it all off and start from scratch and that’s what I did. So now I’m in the phase of letting it grow and I just wanna see.”
Henson acknowledged how complicated black women’s relationship with their hair can be, especially given the stigmas placed on black hair. But she said it’s important for black women to love their natural hair, even if they want to wear wigs and weave most of the time.
“We have shame when it comes to our hair. What we’ve been told, ‘Your hair is nappy.’ It’s not nappy, it’s curly. That’s a curl, that’s a coil. That’s energy leading up,” she said. “And I was like, we need to convey that message because I see a lot of girls, natural, is it for fashion or do you really understand what that is? It is a crown that God gave you. Our hair defies gravity without any products. Do you know how powerful that is? That’s powerful.”

Learn more about Henson’s partnership with Special K here.


#NEWMUSIC: Frank Ocean – Provider
After such a long time away from releasing music, Frank Ocean continues to ‘provide’ whenever he feels like it. On Sunday night, the elusive crooner dropped the brand new song, “Provider,” which he had premiered during an episode of his ‘Blonded Radio’ show.
Following suit to his recent sounds, the track is mellow and feels personally immersed in his mental thoughts. During a portion of the song he pays tribute to legendary film director Stanley Kubrick, and delivers a sung/rap flow about nights on the ‘loose.’

“I’m fina start acting out if I don’t see him soon,” he rhymes. “My best friend ain’t backing out, it’s still on sight, fool / I’m the only one out here on the night, loose / Trophy case still light, body need a race stripe.”
During his Beats 1 radio show, Frank also unveiled a remix to “Rolls Royce Bitch” off 2 Chainz’s Pretty Girls Like Trap Music. Over Da Honorable C.N.O.T.E.’s production, Frank flexes his rap skills once again, rhyming about how much his Christmas experience has changed since his career has reached new heights.

“Can’t pay for play, Christmas Day, no Xbox,” he rhymes on the track. “Last Christmas Day was in LA with Flock / Pourin’ this red, sky gettin’ blue / We couldn’t tell if it’s IMAX or not.”

Take a listen HERE


#HIPHOPNEWS; Drake Pledges Hurricane Harvey Relief Aid
Many musicians are offering prayers and condolences to the victims of Hurricane Harvey, which reportedly left at least five dead and many more injured across the Gulf Coast of Texas over the weekend. Taking to Instagram on Monday (Aug. 28), Drake addressed the catastrophic floods caused by torrential rains and offered help from a distance.

“We are currently overseas in London and all I can think about is how devastated I am as I look at images of the damage Hurricane Harvey has caused,” said Drizzy. “I am praying for the safety of all those affected. Houston has truly been a home to me over the last 8 years.

“Myself and @futuretheprince are working with local relief groups to aid and assist the people of Texas in anyway we can and in the most immediate way possible,” he continued. “I also want to thank all the men and women of service and volunteers for their courageous efforts to help people in need. I encourage everyone to do what they can to assist the people of Texas knowing whatever effort you can make to help will go a long way.”
We are currently overseas in London and all I can think about is how devastated I am as I look at images of the damage Hurricane Harvey has caused. I am praying for the safety of all those affected. Houston has truly been a home to me over the last 8 years. Myself and @futuretheprince are working with local relief groups to aid and assist the people of Texas in anyway we can and in the most immediate way possible. I also want to thank all the men and women of service and volunteers for their courageous efforts to help people in need. I encourage everyone to do what they can to assist the people of Texas knowing whatever effort you can make to help will go a long way.

Drake isn’t alone in these sentiments. H-Town’s Paul Wall also offered to bring aid. “My thoughts and prayers are with everybody affected by the hurricane. Be strong, pray hard. We will overcome this,” he tweeted. “We are planning some hurricane relief events right now. If you want to help in our hurricane relief contact protectchild1@yahoo.com.”


How dare you Question Kim Kardashian’s Work Ethic?
She says You can say a lot of things about me, but you cannot say I don’t work hard.
Kim Kardashian is a tad bit being over critics suggesting that she has no talent. The 37-year-old reality star, who shares two children with rapper Kanye West says,

"I used to say, “I love being underestimated.” But now when I hear, “They’re so not talented,”—ten years into it—I’m kind of like, “Okay, give a girl a little respect.” If I’m so not talented, if I do nothing, then how is my career my reality? And I poke fun at it, like when I was on the cover of Forbes I posted the hashtag #NotBadForAGirlWithNoTalent. I don’t mind being underestimated because it does fuel me. But after a while, I do feel like, “C’mon, you can recognize a little bit."

She continues "You can say a lot of things about me, but you cannot say I don’t work hard. I don’t sing. I don’t dance. I don’t act. But I am not lazy."
Kim Kardashian: You can say a lot of things about me, but you cannot say I don’t work hard.

Kim, who recently announced with her family that she’s donating some significant coins to Hurricane Harvey victims, says that when her career first started, she dreamed of being featured in magazines like Us Weekly.
"I would look in a magazine—there was this page in Us Weekly that I remember vividly. It’s just a spread, and it has one person and all the fashion moments that they love. I remember looking at it, being like, “It would be my dream to be this person.” I was so excited when I got it. "

Fast forward to the present day and she’s still thankful and continues to stay driven.
"I still don’t take anything for granted. I am genuinely still so excited about my career. I feel like now is when someone would turn off and think, “Okay, I’ve done this for ten years. I’ve done pretty well for myself. I can chill for a bit.” But instead I’m like, “No, let me turn it up.”"

Whatever Girl!


Tamar Braxton isn’t getting another NOSE from the last one!
A new nose for Tamar Braxton? That’s the claim being made by gossip website MediaTakeOut. But sources are telling us that the reports are straight up bogus.
The website published an article on Monday morning alleging that the r&b singer has had some work done. “Rumors are swirling online that Tamar recently underwent ANOTHER nose job – and this time it DESTROYED her face. Look at her alleged NEW NOSE,” the site reads.

It’s no secret that Tamar had an operation on her nose in the past to help with her breathing, but what about this cosmetic change being talked about now? Per an insider connected to the mother of one, there’s zero truth to the rumor. “It’s crazy how people can just make stuff up,” the sourced said

The insider added, “Tamar is busy in the studio prepping her next album, getting ready to film new seasons of the Braxtons and Vince & Tamar, and rehearsing for some upcoming tour dates. She has not had any surgery on her nose. The rumor is completely untrue.”

Braxton has yet to respond to the chatter.


Cynthia Erivo Will Act & Sing in 'Bad Times at the El Royale'
Cynthia Erivo has yet to be seen in a movie, but she keeps adding more projects to her film slate!
The 30-year-old actress, who is already an Emmy, Grammy, and Tony winner, is set to sing and act in the upcoming film Bad Times at the El Royale.
Cynthia will star alongside Chris Hemsworth and Jeff Bridges in the upcoming thriller, directed by Drew Goddard.

The film is set “at a run-down hotel near California’s Lake Tahoe named the El Royale and centers on a cast of characters whose own shady agendas will violently collide,” according to THR.

Cynthia will play “a down-on-her-luck singer who is in the wrong place at the wrong time.”
YAY!


Kathy Griffin Says Her Friendship with Anderson Cooper Is 'Over' Due to Trump!
It’s been nearly three months since a photograph of Kathy Griffin posing with a replica of President Donald Trump‘s bloodied, decapitated head in her hand sparked nationwide outrage — and changed her life forever.

In an in-depth interview with New York magazine’s The Cut, the comedian — who, in the wake of the scandal, was fired from the CNN New Year’s Eve broadcast that she had co-hosted with Anderson Cooper for 10 years — discussed the controversial photo at length, revealing that it was the catalyst that ultimately ended her nearly two decade-long friendship with Cooper.

When the photo surfaced on May 30, the CNN anchor took to Twitter to condemn it: “For the record, I am appalled by the photo shoot Kathy Griffin took part in,” he wrote. “It is clearly disgusting and completely inappropriate.”
According to Griffin, in the following days, four of Cooper’s CNN colleagues reached out repeatedly to check on her and offer private support. Cooper, however, didn’t contact Griffin until Aug. 10, The Cut confirmed with CNN.

“Yeah, we’re still friends,” he said. “And look, I said what I said about — I didn’t think what she said was appropriate, but I wish her the best and I hope she bounces back. She’s incredibly funny and a lot of people love her and I think she’ll bounce back from this.”

Cooper had previously made similar statements during an appearance at Arizona’s Comerica Theatre on June 11: “I don’t want anybody’s career to be destroyed because they do something unfortunate and inappropriate,” he said at the time. “Look, I wish her well and I hope she bounces back and keeps doing what she does best, which is make people laugh.”

“CNN made the decision not to bring her back,” he added. “I had nothing to do with it, but I certainly understand why they made that decision.”
Griffin, 56, told the magazine that the fact that Cooper was publicly claiming they were friends while not checking in with her hurt deeply. When he finally reached out to her in a series of text messages, she told him their friendship was over.

A source close to Cooper, 50, told the magazine that Cooper was “shocked and upset by the photo, and while he was not ready to talk to her personally about it, he still considered her to be a friend, and was publicly supportive when asked about the controversy.”
According to Griffin, other celebrities were more solicitous in the aftermath, such as Jerry Seinfeld and Jamie Foxx, who both spoke publicly in support of the comedian. According to Griffin, Amy Schumer personally sent her a funny video and former Today show host Billy Bush — who was notoriously caught up in his own Trump-related scandal — reportedly suggested in a note that Griffin stay quiet for a while and take up meditation.

Despite the far-reaching consequences of the photo, Griffin told The Cut she’s tired of apologizing for it.
“Why are people still expecting me to apologize and grovel to a man that tweets like this?” she said. “I’m a comedian; he’s our f—ing president.”

“President Trump just pardoned Joe Arpaio, who was essentially running a concentration camp in the Arizona desert,” she later added. “He said there are some good Nazis, and he’s kicking out young adults who were brought here as kids by their parents, and I’m the one who has to continue to apologize?”


Houston Furniture Store Owner Offers His Store For Shelter To Hurricane Harvey Evacuees
A Houston furniture store owner is paying it forward by turning two of his stores into shelters to help evacuees.

On Sunday, Jim “Mattress Mack” McIngvale of Gallery Furniture took his delivery trucks and gathered volunteers to rescue people. As he stated his community supported him through tough times.
McIngvale and his army of volunteers are providing free shelter, breakfast, lunch and dinner for the evacuees. Currently, 400 children and adults are living at his two stores, and their pets.

“Last night, about 1:30 in the morning, this little girl came in. She’s 7 years old, had her parents with her and I think probably her uncle. She was the only one in the group that spoke English. And she was crying. And she said, will you allow us to stay here? And it just broke my heart because it was so personal to them. And unlike an adult, she couldn’t hide her feelings,” said McIngvale to National Public Radio Monday.
McIngvale giving spirit is something community members have grown accustomed to as he is known for his philanthropy. Though he’s been in business for more than 35 years, he’s given to numerous charities for over 20 years.

Many of the volunteers working alongside McIngvale are customers of his. It’s refreshing to see a community come together to help each other during this tragic time in Houston.


While they’re suffering, Donald Trump Keeps Plugging His Own Merchandise During Hurricane Harvey!
It’s the third time in four days Trump has worn his own merch while addressing Hurricane Harvey.
President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump arrived in Texas Tuesday in the wake of Hurricane Harvey, which ripped through the Texas coast and triggered one of the worst floods in U.S. history, causing catastrophic damage to the greater Houston area and claiming at least 10 lives so far. 
A visit to a disaster area is not the most appropriate time for product promotion, but here we are.
Trump’s “USA” hat is currently for sale on his website for $40.

Trump arrived in Corpus Christi wearing the white “45/USA” hat that’s available for $40 on his own website, shop.donaldjtrump.com. This marks the third time in four days that the president has worn on-sale campaign merchandise during events related to Harvey, including two previous meetings for which the White House released photographs.

It’s “official.” 
Melania Trump received some blowback for the “Top Gun”-esque outfit she wore to board their flight to Texas ― namely, for a pair of sky-high black stilettos that prompted many Twitter users to deem her “out of touch,” as they assumed she planned to wear the shoes on the ground. But her spokeswoman said the first lady would change before arrival, and she touched down in Texas wearing flat sneakers and a complete change of clothing, including a black “FLOTUS” baseball hat.
People balked at seeing the first lady in heels for a trip to visit areas affected by Hurricane Harvey, but she changed before touching down in Texas. 
A glance at Trump’s website shows his wife’s FLOTUS hat is not currently for sale there. Her director of communications, Stephanie Grisham, did not respond by time of publication to an inquiry about the hat and whether it will be sold, too.
The wearing of on-sale campaign merchandise seems to be a wild departure for U.S. presidents visiting disaster areas.


AND FINALLY FROM THE CRAZY PEOPLE SHOPPING AT WALMART FILES
‘BJ Appearance’
Who the hell said Beetlejuice 3 times in a row?!!?

EGGPLANT NATION: Meet Dymecatcher
Meet Dymecatcher!  You know what to do to see them goods. CLICK HERE TO SEE THE PICS and remember they’re NSFW!

DISCLAIMER: WE DO NOT OWN NOR ALTER any images posted on this blog. All images are found online or submitted.

You’re Welcome!


HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYBODY!!!
EFREM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers