11/6/12

Chris Brown is giving 'MODELS EFFECT' for Prestiege Magazine!


CLICK HERE TO FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!  

Hot Shots: Chris Brown Suits Up For ‘Prestige’
Cop a gander of a dapper Chris Brown.
The 23 year old rocks a number of fly suits in a edgy new shoot for Prestige magazine. His feature marks one of the few Brown has done this year in the wake of his team’s ‘minimal talking, maximum music’ approach with his career as of late.
Soundbites and more pics await below…

What are you having the most fun at right now?
Honestly, my day-to-day life is the most fun right now because I get a chance to not focus on “the artist” Chris Brown. Going through the regular things, like going to the grocery store. I’m also running a label right now, so I have different artists, four or five different acts, shooting videos that I’m directing and coming together.
Do you ever get time off?
I kind of have that luxury of being able to hand off my schedule and say, “I need a day off. I don’t want to do this, let’s cancel, reschedule.” I’m more of a CEO with my team. My days off, I hang out with my homeboys and play basketball. I paint, go to parties, listen to music, dance. I just bought a bike, so I like to ride. The cardio is good. Just to ride on the street on the bike, beating the traffic.

You can actually do that without getting hassled?
[Laughs] Yeah, I do. Then maybe a couple of minutes later someone in a car turns around and realises it’s me. “Hey, that’s Chris Brown. What’s Chris Brown doing on a bike?”

Turning to your music: your range is amazing. So many different genres. That’s kind of been your MO from the beginning, right?
Definitely with Fortune that’s the direction I wanted to go, but even with the F.A.M.E. album. What I wanted to do was not set the bar with a certain kind of style. I didn’t want people to say. “He’s just R&B.” Yes, I will sing an R&B song. But then I’ll do a pop song, then I’ll do a song with a country kind of feel, a reggae feel. I always want to be eclectic with my music. I don’t think music has a race. I think music has a soul and it’s just a feeling. What evokes the set of emotions from you is what I try to bring out…whatever flows, whatever I feel, I just write.
Whether they’re fun or super serious, the videos for Fortune are all mesmerising. How involved do you get in the developing the stories and visuals, and the production?
With the comedy videos like “Till I Die” – which I did with Wiz Khalifa and Big Sean – it was like, cool. Let’s have fun with it. Make a crazy video. Being able to direct by myself and have full creative focus and being able to know the cameras – that was the easiest part. The vision is the hard part. Whenever you’re sleeping, you have that dream or that nightmare and that’s your video. That’s how I kind of interpret it. Or whatever I see when I hear the music, whatever vision I see, I put it right onto paper and put it out on the video. Like the video for “Don’t Judge Me” – it was me going into a spaceship. Not to be arrogant when I say it, but I want to be the Steven Spielberg of music videos, to be innovative and young, not to put a bar on it just because of budgetary issues or certain capabilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers