10/8/11

CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN WRITES A NEW BOOK

CLICK TO FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!


THE FABULOUS CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN WRITES A NEW BOOK!!!
Christian-Louboutin-book-2

For 20 years, the Frenchman has been bringing his high-heeled objets d’art to women around the world. And while he won’t deny a girl’s right to wear chic flats, he just asks that she doesn’t invoke practicality as an excuse for letting herself go.“Practicality is not that great of a quality. If we dressed for purely practical reasons, we would be wandering around in mud-colored sacks and woolen socks. We would look like I don’t know what. Bears? I don’t even like to imagine a world without unnecessary beauty. It’s just scary, when you think of it.”



The 47-year-old showman, who describes himself as “a child of Paris, utterly French” has just released a tome dedicated to his two decade-long career as the ultimate shoe fetishist. The book, “Christian Louboutin” (Oct. 25, Rizzoli, $150), includes photography by Philippe Garcia and David Lynch, and celebrates the designer’s often cheeky, always-elegant worldview.
Looking back leaves Louboutin happily mystified. “Twenty years is a generation,” he says with wonder. “I still get exactly the same kind of excitement when I see the prototype, when I go to the factory. I am really happy to have remained independent, to have resisted the mermaids, as I call them.”
He has remained firm on several other counts. Firstly, that his shoes are for women who embrace their femininity.
“My shoes are dedicated to pleasure, to feel like a girl. I don’t have the pretentions that they are there to fulfill every need that people have.” They are not, for example, “made for run,” says Louboutin with a hint of exasperation. “Who wants to run, anyway, really?”
A second tenet is that he will never, ever design clothing. “People have approached me about this in the past — serious offers — and I say, ‘Why do you ask me that, why would you want me to do that?’ It makes sense to concentrate on what you are good at.”

Loboutin is good at knowing an icon when he sees one. This sumumer, his company filed a lawsuit that would have prevented YSL from selling red-soled stilettos. Louboutin lost, but the designer’s war cry is nonetheless loud and clear. “The [red sole] is iconic, it’s my trademark and it’s an important sign. It flirts. I would never get rid of it. In respect to the Louboutin women, and the men who love them, I would never think of doing that.”
And when it comes to how high is too high, Louboutin pauses, hovering somewhere around 5 inches. Give or take. “As I’m working I’m singing that Supremes’ song to myself, ‘Ain’t No Mountain High Enough.’ ”
.
Christian-Louboutin-book-1
The first chapter documents Christian’s biography, noting his early work for Chanel and Yves Saint Laurent; the second looks at the various interiors of the label’s international stores; the third charts 20 years of Louboutin design. The fourth features intimate photographs of the designer’s Paris and Egypt homes, while the fifth explores his collaboration with prestigious director David Lynch. 

The final of the six chapters is a complete catalogue raisonne of his work, with photos of all 120 shoe designs. 


The book comes out on October 25, 2011...
I'll be getting my copy....Will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers