7/17/13

Uh Oh? Hip Hop Beef LL COOL J –VS JAY Z?



LL THROWS SHADE at Jay Z's Magna Carta Record Sales

Jay Z's new album Magna Carta Holy Grail went platinum on its first day of sales thanks to a deal with Samsung that gave the album away for free to the first one million people who downloaded a Samsung smartphone app [click here if you missed that].

LL Cool J is not here for Jay Z's manufactured record sales...

LL tells Diddy's Revolt TV
“Numbers are Numbers. In the numbers is truth, but in terms of touching the people it’s a little different."
"For me as an artist I still want to be able to touch the people individually." 
"It still matters to me that people individually went out and bought my record. Although I still think a million sold is a million sold, but for me I like to know that a million PEOPLE bought my record, not a company bought a million copies of my record." 

UMM LL’ No shade pay close attention Samsung did not purchase 1 million copies of the album, they paid a fee for rights to a digital download which they in turn gave for "free" when you purchased their app. No doubt they would not do this unless they turned a profit, which means that Camel, while undoubtedly receiving a nice little chunk of change for this, probaby lost money when you think of what he would have made if he truly sold 1 million copies. And by the way it hit #1 on The Billboard 200 with a record 527,000 copies SOLD!
By the way LL what’s up with this pic?

LOL….Stay off the Roid juice dude!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers