The Walking Dead renewed for season!
Not surprisingly, the dead will rise again: The Walking Dead has been renewed for a ninth season, AMC announced on Saturday.
The hit zombie drama — which returns with the second half of season on Feb. 25 — will kick off season 9 later this year.
Co-executive producer Angela Kang is being promoted to showrunner for season 9, while Scott M. Gimple has inked an overall deal that will make him Chief Content Officer. He will oversee the Walking Dead TV franchise, including the companion series Fear The Walking Dead and future brand extensions.
“This is an enormously important day for the entire The Walking Dead television universe,” said AMC president Charlie Collier in a statement. “We are proud to acknowledge Angela’s significant contribution to the series and to set a clear path forward for a ninth season under her direction. Further, with gratitude and admiration, we also recognize Scott’s broad impact on, and leadership of, the content that fuels our TWD universe. Together, we will dream bigger and more broadly than ever before. I know I speak for Angela, Scott and everyone at AMC when I say thanks most of all to the fans and the many talented people who have helped AMC play ‘Dead.’”
Kang, who’s been a writer on the series since 2011, becomes the fourth showrunner of The Walking Dead, following in the footsteps of Frank Darabont, Glen Mazzara, and Gimple. While the show remains a ratings powerhouse, ranking as TV’s No. 1 show among 18-to-49-year-olds, it has recently seen ratings decline.
#RHoA: Kandi Burruss and Kim Zolciak are HAVING A BIG BEEF Kandi called Kim a B!TCH!
Kandi Burruss and Kim Zolciak Take Feud Over Sex Allegation to Twitter
Things really got heated between Kandi Burruss and Kim Zolciak-Biermann on Sunday night!
Tensions came to a boil between the two Housewives on social media while Sunday’s episode of Real Housewives of Atlanta was still airing, following the 39-year-old mother of six‘s on-camera accusations that Burruss and her husband are swingers — and that Burruss had once propositioned her for oral sex.
“I’m sick of these bitches lying on me,” Burruss, 41, wrote on Twitter. “@KimZolciak I have NEVER wanted you.”
“And stop swearing on your kids while you’re telling lies. Lying ass b—. Somebody’s really reaching for a permanent peach here… This is my house. You’re just a visitor!” she continued, suggesting the Don’t Be Tardy star is angling for a full-time return to RHOA.
“PSA: stop lying @Kimzolciak!” she added in a separate tweet.
Zolciak-Biermann quickly replied, “If anybody is lying it’s you @Kandi.”
“You and your husband are full on swingers f— all kinds of girls and can NEVER admit it. And b— if it weren’t for me there would be no house. Remember I built this house!” she continued, signing things off with a kiss emoji.
The tension stemmed from comments Zolciak-Biermann made on Sunday’s episode of RHOA while discussing Porsha Williams and her feud with Burruss during a conversation with Shereé Whitfield.
Last season, Williams had been in the center of the drama for her role in perpetuating false allegations started by fired Housewife Phaedra Parks that Burruss and her husband Todd Tucker had planned on drugging her and their mutual friend Shamea Morton in order to take advantage of them sexually.
Williams has apologized, but Burruss has yet to forgive her — something Zolciak-Biermann understood.
“That’s a pretty harsh allegation,” Zolciak-Biermann told Whitfield.
But Zolciak-Biermann didn’t think Burruss was perfectly innocent. “I also know a lot about, you know, Kandi,” she said. “I’m just saying the threesome part with the hubby. … the elevator’s not going to the top floor if you’re willing to share your man.”
Then she spilled some tea of her own, claiming that Burruss had once propositioned her to perform oral sex on her.
“On my kid’s life if God strikes me dead, I wouldn’t let her,” Zolciak-Biermann said. “I’m not saying that to be mean, I’m telling you the f— truth.”
The Real Housewives of Atlanta airs Sundays (8 p.m. ET) on Bravo.
#EMPIRE: Gabourey Sidibe Announces She Is Getting Her Tonsils Removed: 'I Deserve to Take All of 2018 Off'
Gabourey Sidibe is clearing her calendar for the year. The 34-year-old Empire star announced on Twitter Saturday that she would by taking 2018 off as “personal time” to recovers from having her tonsils removed.
“I’ve decided to get a tonsillectomy and I deserve to take all of 2018 off as personal time to rest from this huge adult decision I just made,” Sidibe wrote. “Please respect my privacy at this time.”
While the comment about taking the year off could have very well have been a joke, Sidibe’s followers didn’t seem to catch on, with most of them wishing her a speedy recovery.
Reps for Sidibe did not immediately responded our request for comment.
Sidibe, who was nominated for a Best Actress Oscar for her performance in 2009’s Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire, has been recurring on Fox’s Empire since the Lee Daniels and Danny Strong series debuted in January 2015.
She plays Becky Williams on the show, who began as an executive assistant to Terrence Howard’s Lucious Lyon before moving up to Head of A&R at the Empire label.
By December’s season 4 fall finale, it appeared Becky had another challenge heading her way: a surprise pregnancy.
Her tonsillectomy aside, Sidibe isn’t a stranger to surgery. In 2016, she underwent weight loss surgery.
“I think I saw my body as being outside of myself; it was like an enemy, beside me not in me. And now I’ve won,” she said. “I wish I hadn’t wasted so much time being mad at it. Because if I’d started treating it better sooner, I wouldn’t have spent so many years hating myself, I wouldn’t have allowed that negative energy to be around me. Life is really, truly all about choices and decisions. I wish I’d made the choice to love my body sooner. But I finally have.”
The only thing she doesn’t want now is to be congratulated for losing weight.
“It just annoys me because I’m just like, don’t congratulate me on that,” she told Refinery29 in June. “If you’re going to congratulate me on my weight loss, also congratulate me every time I pee. Congratulate me every time I’m burping. Because my body actually has nothing to do with you, and I don’t really need your support for it.”
“My body will always be my body and always had been, and you have nothing to do with it and you’re kind of a stranger,” she added. “But the way it works is that this is just my body. In the same way that this is just my face, this is just mine.”
LOL! Good for you!
#MUSICNEWS: R&B Veteran Tank Tapped For BET Late-Night Talk Series, “BET’s Mancave”
R&B singer Tank is one of four diverse men tapped for BET’s new late-night original series “BET’s Mancave.”
The “When We” hitmaker will be joined by comedian Gerald “Slink” Johnson (Black Jesus), hit-making producer Marcos “Kosine” Palacios, and previously announced TV personality and Executive Producer Jeff Johnson for the 12-episode weekly half-hour series.
“BET’s Mancave” is executive produced by Steve Harvey and Truly Original, and will focus on “unadulterated and provocative views about life, love, politics, sex, pop culture and more.” Through humor, genuine emotion and heated debate, the cast will discuss their own opinions and experiences, while revealing what it’s really like to navigate the world as an African-American man. Each episode will feature a new celebrity guest who will join the guys as they offer an unfiltered look at what men REALLY talk about within their inner circle of male friends.
Four guys. Different worlds. Lots of opinions. “BET’s Mancave” will premiere on January 18, 2018, at 10:30 PM ET/PT.
Tank recently starred in BET’s record-breaking series “The New Edition Story” (aired January 2017) as MCA Records executive Jheryl Busby.
The multi-Grammy nominated singer and songwriter recently topped the Billboard Adult R&B chart with his sensual single “When We,” and this week will give him 10 weeks on top.
In late September, Tank released the new album, Savage,
#HIPHOPNEWS: Lil Kim Calls Out Eve For Trying To Make Her "The Bad Guy"
Eve, who is now a host on CBS’s The Talk, apparently got Lil Kim fired up after she made a few comments on the show regarding their relationship. During one of last week’s episodes, Eve touched on the early days of her career and recalled Kim giving her the cold shoulder.
“When I first started in the business, I’d been a big, big giant fan of Lil Kim,” Eve says in the clip. “And I just thought that there was this sisterhood in the music business, so I would run up to her and be like, ‘Oh my god Kim, oh my god, hey girl I love you so much. I just got signed, could you please be on my album?’ and whatever, and she’d just look at me, like, ‘Uh uh. Yeah. Ok.’
While the hosts discuss the topic about hating someone at first sight, @TheRealEve opens up about her past beef with fellow rapper @LilKim 🐾✌️ pic.twitter.com/DuEu3k8mLx— The Talk (@TheTalkCBS) January 10, 2018
“I kept going up to her, kept going up to her, and finally I was like, ‘Ok I should stop. I should stop going up to her,'” she continues. “And I don’t think it’s that she hated me, I think I was just so overexcited to see her.”
Kim took to Twitter on Thursday (January 11) in an attempt to set the record straight. The veteran Brooklyn MC called out Eve for trying to make her “the bad guy.”
“Why do you girls always do this to me?” she wrote. “Trying to make me out to be the bad guy?I don’t remember it that way at all @TheRealEve is my girl that’s my baby y’all.We are not fighting.We are real friends.We can have this debate and still cuddle on the couch and watch a movie 2gether..”
She then alluded that she’d like to be a guest on The Talk in the future to hash it out.
“Oooohhh I can’t wait to have this debate on your show,” she wrote. “What is really in those cups that ya’ll be drinking?”
Both women insist they’re still friends.
Simone Biles Reveals She Was Sexually Abused by Larry Nassar: ‘[This] Does Not Define Me’
Simone Biles took to Twitter to revealed that was sexually abused by former USA gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar.
“Most of you know me as a happy, giggly, and energetic girl,” the gold medalist, 20, began in a lengthy post she shared on Monday, January 15, via Twitter. “But lately…I’ve felt a bit broken and the more I try to shut off the voice in my head the louder it screams. I am not afraid to tell my story anymore.”
She continued, “I too am one of the many survivors that was sexually abused by Larry Nassar. Please believe me when I say it was a lot harder to first speak those words out loud than it is not to put them on paper. There are many reasons that I have been reluctant to share my story, but I know now it is not my fault. It is not normal to receive any type of statement from a trusted team physical and refer to it horrifyingly as ‘special’ treatment. This behavior is completely unacceptable, disgusting and abusive, especially coming from someone whom I was TOLD to trust.”
As previously reported, the ex-Michigan State University doctor pleaded guilty to molesting 10 girls and possessing child pornography, and was sentenced to 60 years in prison on December 7. More than 130 women and girls, including fellow gold medalists McKayla Maroney, Aly Raisman and Gabby Douglas, have accused him of inappropriate or abusive sexual behavior. Biles competed with Raisman and Douglas in the 2016 Rio Olympics and the group was known as the “Final Five.”
“It is impossible difficult to relive these experiences and it breaks my heart even more to think that as I work towards my dream of competing in Tokyo 2020, I will have to continually return to the same training facility where I was abused,” the Dancing With the Stars alum wrote on Monday. “After reading the bravo stories of my friends and other survivors, I know that this horrific experience does not define me. I am much more than this. I am unique, smart, talented, motivated, and passionate. I have promised myself that my story will be much greater than this and I promise all of you that I will never give up.”
Ameriie Announces Her Pregnancy On Her Birthday!
Ameriie, may have taken a step back from the spotlight, but she’s still living her best life ever.
The “One Thing” singer is celebrating her 38th birthday today and she excitedly announced she is expecting her first child with husband, Lenny Nicholson.
In a post on her Instagram page, Ameriie wrote, “😌❤️🎈 #BestBirthdayPresentEver #21weeks #blessed 🙏🏽,” while showing off her baby bump.
Happy Birthday and congratulations!
‘Real Housewives’ stars attend funeral for Jill Zarin's husband Bobby
A number of stars from the "Real Housewives" franchise attended Monday's funeral service for Bobby Zarin, the late husband of reality star Jill Zarin.
Current and former "Real Housewives of New York" cast members Aviva Drescher, Bethenny Frankel, Sonja Morgan, Kelly Killoren Bensimon and Ramona Singer were among those who paid their respects at the Riverside Memorial Chapel in New York City, two days after Bobby died at 71 following a lengthy fight with cancer.
Marla Maples — the second ex-wife of President Trump — and "The Millionaire Matchmaker" host Patti Stanger were also in attendance at the Upper West Side memorial, as was "Real Housewives of New Jersey" star Danielle Staub.
Jill Zarin, who starred on "Real Housewives of New York City" from 2008 to 2011, was married to Bobby for 18 years.
"I wasn't sure if I could stand up here today. (Bobby) was an incredibly great husband, a great father, and grandfather, and truly great friend," an emotional Jill told the crowd at his service, according to People.
News of his death was first revealed Saturday in a post of Jill's official website. She then paid tribute and mourned the loss of her husband in an Instagram post last night.
"Words can not express the hole in my heart. Bobby taught me what true and deep love is," Jill, 54, wrote. "Thank you my love for sharing your life with me, for raising Allyson as if she was your own, being an amazing father and grandfather and teaching me how to be a better person."
Several of Jill's "Real Housewives" co-stars also honored Bobby on social media, including Drescher and Singer, who described him as "one of the absolute GREATS" in an Instagram message shared by both.
Frankel, meanwhile, fondly remembered Bobby in a tweet.
"Here's to those who wish us well. All the rest can go to hell." One of Bobby Zarin's favorites," Frankel wrote. "Another one: "It's all good," and Bobby, now it really is… #RIP."
Cranberries Singer Dolores O’Riordan Dead At 46
Dolores O’Riordan, the singer of the 1990s Irish band The Cranberries, died Monday in London, according to media reports. She was 46.
The cause of death was not immediately made public.
O’Riordan lived in Ireland but was in London for a short recording session, according to the BBC.
The Cranberries formed in 1989 and rose to international fame in 1993 with the release of their debut album, “Everybody Else Is Doing It So Why Can’t We,” and its accompanying hit single, “Linger.”
The followup album, “No Need To Argue,” kept up the momentum thanks to the worldwide smash “Zombie.”
The band went on hiatus in 2003, and O’Riordan launched a solo career in 2007. The Cranberries reformed in 2009 and toured North America and Europe.
Although The Cranberries had scheduled a European tour last year, they were forced to cancel it because of O’Riordan’s ongoing back problem, according to CBS News.
O’Riordan posted on Facebook in December, saying she was “feeling good.”
O’Riordan is survived by her son and two daughters with former husband of 20 years, Don Burton: Taylor, 20, Molly, 16 and Dakota, 12.
Tina Tuner, Neil Diamond + Queen To Receive Lifetime Grammys
The Recording Academy announced this week all of the recipients of this year’s Special Merit Awards including the Lifetime Achievement Awards, the Trustees Awards and Technical Grammy Awards.
Honorees include Hal Blaine, Tina, Turner, Queen, Neil Diamond, Emmylou Harris, the Meters and R&B pioneer Louis Jordan.
“This year’s Special Merit Awards recipients are a prestigious group of diverse and influential creators who have crafted or contributed to some of the most distinctive recordings in music history,” said Neil Portnow, President/CEO of the Recording Academy. “These exceptionally inspiring figures are being honored as legendary performers, creative architects and technical visionaries. Their outstanding accomplishments and passion for their craft have created a timeless legacy.”
Bill Graham, Seymour Stein and soundtrack king—John Williams—will receive the Trustees Award. Tony Agnello and Richard Factor are the Technical GRAMMY Award recipients.
In addition, the show has added more performers to its roster including Bruno Mars, Cardi B and SZA. The Grammy Awards air on Sunday, January 28 on CBS.
Lin-Manuel Miranda To Receive Prestigious Monte Cristo Award
Miranda will receive the 18th Monte Cristo Award this April, honoring his talents as both a writer and actor.
Every year, the Eugene O’Neill Theater Center honors one individual that displays talents similar to those of O’Neill himself, specifically “pioneering spirit, unceasing artistic commitment, and excellence” in their respective fields. Past honorees include actors such as Meryl Streep and Christopher Plummer; playwrights like August Wilson and Neil Simon; and directors including Harold Prince and George C. Wolfe.
This year, the honor will go to perhaps the most prominent figure in American theater today, Lin-Manuel Miranda. Miranda, whose first musical In the Heights debuted at the Eugene O’Neill Theater Center, will receive the award on April 30th of this year. Best known for writing the music and lyrics of Hamilton and originating the title role, Miranda has also worked extensively in film and other theatrical productions. Miranda won a Pulitzer Prize and multiple Tony Awards and a Grammy Award for Hamilton, alongside an Emmy for songwriting and an Oscar nomination in 2017 for writing the song “How Far I’ll Go” from Moana.
Miranda’s charity, The Miranda Family Fund, announced this past May that they would help artists of color attend the O’Neill’s National Theater Institute, allowing students access to world-class education in theatrical arts. With this award, he will continue to help the theater provide scholarships to students of color going forward.
The ceremony will be April 30th at the Edison Ballroom in New York. For more information, go to www.theoneill.org/montecristoaward
AND FINALLY FROM THE CRAZY PEOPLE SHOPPING AT WALMART FILES
Honestly, it took me like 15 minutes on Google to figure out if he was just a weird dude or a famous rapper. It’s so tough to tell these days. Have you see guys like Post Malone and Action Bronson?
EGGPLANT NATION: Meet Brian
Meet Brian! You can see more when you GO HERE TO SEE THE PICS! And remember they’re NSFW!
DISCLAIMER: WE DO NOT OWN any images posted on this blog. All images are found online or submitted.
HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYBODY!!!