9/7/17

The Daily Buzz For Sep 8 ☕πŸ“°☕


Tracee Ellis Ross for W Magazine; Says That Diana Ross Is the Greatest Mom of All Time
Tracee Ellis Ross was born into American royalty, as the daughter of Diana Ross. But the Golden Globes-winning star of the ABC sitcom Black-ish has impressed upon everyone who has come across her a personality so strong it could only be all her own: expressive, infectious, scary bold in her fashion choices—all in all, she's completely irrepressible. In fact, even her legendary mother knew it right off the bat, when she decided to make her daughter's middle name Joy: "My mom said I came out," Ross, 44, recalls, "and it was like, 'Joy.'" 
Here, in an interview with W Mag’s Lynn Hirschberg for W's annual New Royals issue, the actress, who is up for an Emmy next Sunday, September 17, reflects on the source of her unique spirit, and confirms what we all suspected—that Diana Ross is probably the greatest mom of all time.

What was the first thing you auditioned for?
The first thing I auditioned for was an Infinity commercial. And I got it! [Laughs.] Is that true, or was it Spike Lee’s Malcolm X? It’s a tossup. I’m not sure which one. I did not get Malcom X.

And were you living in New York then?
I was living in New York when I started my acting career. I had just come out of college and I was actually working in the fashion industry. I was a fashion editor—I guess a contributing editor, you would say, an intern at first at Mirabella magazine.

Oh, wow, I loved Mirabella. Were you split in your interests between doing fashion becoming an actress?
I wasn’t actually split in my interest. I have always been a lover of clothing and beauty and aesthetics and all of that. I had wanted to model when I was younger and then that kind of translated into me realizing that I was in love with images and the fashion industry. But in college I discovered acting even though I was quite shy, which I know is really hard to imagine. [Laughs.] I realized that it was a very honest form of expression for me, so I was working in the fashion industry and taking more acting classes, even though that was what I had studied at Brown. And then I just kind of jumped off the cliff into the acting world.

And so after you did the ad were you hooked? Did you get an agent and move to L.A.?
No. It was not quite that easy. I did a show that was like a MTV House of Style, but about TV. It was called The Dish, on Lifetime. Then I did my first film, Far Harbor, and it was Marcia Gay Harden and Jennifer Connelly and they were looking for a black Jewish girl. That was me. [Laughs.]

And then from that moment I started meeting people. I used to write thank you notes to everybody and if someone would say, “You should meet so-and-so.” I would say, “Would you mind calling them for me?” and they would set up a meeting and then I eventually moved to Los Angeles and I did an NBC movie of the week and I felt like I had, like, won the jackpot. [Laughs.]

What did you play in the movie of the week?
Uh, a rape victim.
Oh, dear.
Yes. I was a track-star rape victim. And then I got Lyricist Lounge, which was the MTV sketch comedy show and it kind of took off from there. From the moment I got the NBC movie of the week I have not stopped working.

With Black-ish, was the character written with you in mind?
Kenya Barris wrote the character of Rainbow Johnson with me in mind. But I know how this industry works and I do not take that as a yes. So I auditioned.

Did you always know from the beginning that it would be the big moment that it is? I was on the airplane the other day and I was walking up the aisle and literally every other seat was watching Black-ish.
Oh, really? Um, I don’t know. You know, I think the hope when you start every project is that it’s going to go well. [Laughs.] But you just don’t know. And the truth is if you look at the landscape of television, I mean, some of my favorite shows did not turn into, like, big hits. I don’t know—there’s a magic element. That’s one of the reasons doing television is so fun is there’s so many pieces that make it work. Whether it’s ABC really supporting our show and making sure that people knew where and when it was, or the actual incredible writing that we have. Or the chemistry with the cast... you never know if that’s going to work or not. And, by the way, there are times when you really get along with your cast and think it’s the best chemistry, but it doesn’t play onscreen.

So you never know sort of what the mix is that’s going to make something happen. But I think we had a really good feeling on this one. I think it’s telling a story that needs to be told.



#RHoA: Apollo Nida Reunites With FiancΓ©e, But is there trouble in paradise?
Apollo Nida’s fiancΓ©e is celebrating her birthday behind bars. The Real Housewives of Atlanta star’s future wife visited her man while he continues to serve an eight-year prison sentence at Fort Dix Correctional Facility.
She posted a new pic of the couple
 “Bae all day, everyday,” she tweeted. “#Freeap #loveyoutothemoonandback.”
Although they were all smiles in the photo, is there trouble in paradise?
Almufti captioned a birthday meme, “God has blessed me with another year. I am so thankful for every single thing in my life. Although it hasn’t always been peachy, I wouldn’t trade it for the world! Thank you God for every mistake I have made and for every lesson I have learned. I am stronger today than I was yesterday!”
Nida proposed to the New Jersey real estate agent while serving an eight-year prison sentence for racketeering.

“You have been misunderstood, judged and ridiculed but you never allowed it to bring you down,” Almufti captioned a photo of Nida. “The strength you have gives me life. You’re such an amazing person inside and out. One day the world will see that! In the meantime, stay prayed up, stay strong and keep pushing.”

She added, “Love you so much, can’t wait for the day we reunite, it’s going to be magical!”

How do you think their relationship is going, Is it really ‘Magical’?


#EMPIRE: Will Lucious and Cookie’s relationship will still be ‘TOXIC’ in Season 4?
TV's most toxic romance isn't over -- not by a long shot. These two have spent untold hours trying to move on from each other, be with other people and plain old tried to destroy each other, but as we saw in the Season 3 finale, Lucious just can't quit Cookie. 

(And vice versa.) "A lot of women can understand," Henson said. She was speaking about Henson's demand that Cookie not have sex with Lucious following Season 3's epic Lemonade-inspired baseball batting of Lucious' office, but her addiction to him looks forward, too. "We have many years to deal with this couple and it's a complex relationship."


#NEWMUSICVIDEO: Kenny Lattimore – Push
Kenny Lattimore is back to restore love in the official music video for his brand new single “Push.”
On the retro-styled power ballad, produced by Dra-kkar Wesley aka Madison, the R&B crooner battles with past decisions that led to pushing the love of his life away. Shot on a California shoreline, the Dale “Rage” Resteghini-directed visual showcases Kenny and his leading lady pondering those mistakes in different locations. Actress and TV/radio personality Claudia Jordan (The Real Housewives of Atlanta) stars as the one that got away.

WATCH HERE

“Push” is the first single off Lattimore’s forthcoming 9th studio album, Vulnerable, which is due out October 13.


#HIPHOPNEWS: Timbaland Teases Unreleased Jay-Z & Meek Mill Cut
For his last album 4:44, Jay-Z banked on a single producer in No I.D. to help him craft his latest critically-acclaimed masterpiece. But as we all know there was a time when Hova heavily relied on Timbaland to help him dominate the pop charts.
Things seem to be coming full circle as the Virginia producer took to Twitter to tease a new cut featuring the Hip-Hop mogul formerly known as Iceberg Slim and MMG artist Meek Mill.

Tagging Swizz Beatz on the post, Timbaland proudly proclaims that he’s “still working on my craft” before tagging Meek to “finish up” the cut. Not for nothing but that was a rather quick few bars from Jay-Z. We hope this isn’t another case of the “Pop Style.”

No word yet on when the song will be out or if it even has a title, but now that the cut has been leaked you know fans are going to be demanding it be released. Let’s just hope Timbaland doesn’t pull a Trump and plays the cut close to his chest like some tax returns.

Check out the clip HERE



#SOTW Janet Jackson Will Not Be Canceling Texas Tour Stop, Plans Shelter Visits For Victims
Janet Jackson‘s State Of The World Tour kicks off in two days, but there were doubts the legendary entertainer would make her Texas stops due to the devastation of Hurricane Harvey. Jackson confirmed via a Twitter video that she is indeed visiting the state and has a surprise in store for victims of the storm too.

PageSix reports:“We’re going to roll in early because we wanted to visit some of the shelters,” Jackson shared Wednesday on Twitter. “And not just visit some of the shelters, we also want to do something special for the victims. So, we’ll see you Friday!”

Jackson’s State of the World Tour kicks off Thursday night in Louisiana and heads to Houston on Sept. 9 and then to Austin on Sept. 10.

WATCH HERE

It’s unclear which shelters Jackson, 51, plans to visit.
Well, how dope is that? Janet Jackson’s State Of The World Tour is slated to go all the way until December 17 across the United States. Global dates have not yet been announced.


Uh Oh? Get in FORMATION! #BEYHIVE Taylor Swift's Music Video Director Says Beyonce Copied 'Bad Blood'
Well, there definitely might be some “Bad Blood” between Taylor Swift‘s music video director Joseph Kahn and Beyonce after he made these comments!

Joseph was responding to criticism that Taylor copied Beyonce in her new music video for “Look What You Made Me Do.”

“It’s not ‘Formation’ at all,” Joseph said about the Beyhive thinking Taylor copied the “Formation” video. “They try to say she’s wearing a black crop top and BeyoncΓ© wore a black crop top. But they don’t realize in 2015 in ‘Bad Blood,’ Taylor Swift was wearing a black crop top. I really do think, by the way, that BeyoncΓ© copied ‘Bad Blood.’”

Okay Beyhive get em’ LOL!


CONGRATS TO THE COUPLE! Reggie And Lilit Bush Welcome Baby Boy!
Back in March, Reggie Bush’s wife, Lilit Avagyan, is pregnant with the couple’s third child, Us Weekly can confirm.
“Lilit is in her second trimester and the two are looking forward to having another baby together,” a source tells Us, But….  just a  few day  after Reggie’s mistress shares a recent photo of Reggie Bush’s on Preston on the gram. Click Here and Here if you missed that.
According to reports Reggie and Lilit welcomed their second son, Agyemang Bush, on September 2, 2017.

Baby Agyemang joins big sister Briseis, 4, and brother Uriah, 2,.


WOW! Foxy Brown Reveals her Daughter
Foxy Brown is officially confirming that she’s in fact a mother! On the rapper’s 38th birthday, she shared a photo of her daughter writing:
Foxy has yet to confirm who the child’s father is, although it’s rumored that the mystery man is a reggae artist.
Congrats to Foxy!


ARE YOU AWARE THAT THERE ARE 3 HURRICANES IN THE ATLANTIC BASIN?
OH BABY! All eyes are on Hurricane Irma as it rampages through the Caribbean, but it’s not alone.

Jose and Katia strengthened Wednesday afternoon, bringing the number of hurricanes churning in the Atlantic basin to three.
It’s the first time since 2010 that three active hurricanes have been in the Atlantic.


Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Expecting Baby No. 3 In January
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are reportedly expecting their third child, a baby girl, via surrogate at the top of 2018.
Sources familiar with the pregnancy tell us the couple’s surrogate is carrying a female bundle of joy.

We broke the stories … the baby’s due in late January by a surrogate Kim and Kanye hired for medical reasons. Kim’s placenta accreta condition could kill her if she carries another baby to term.
This will be girl #9 in the Kardashian clan — not including Kris herself — and we’ve learned it bodes well for one of those ladies in particular.

We spoke with a notable child psychologist, who tells us North West and baby #3 will probably form a closer bond than Saint might with his new sis. And the reason’s simple: sisters gravitate to their sisters. You don’t gotta tell us … or the Kardashians, either.
Kind of a bummer for Saint, though — especially since Kim recently said North “does not like” him … and doesn’t seem to be getting past the meanie phase.

Congratulations!


AND FINALLY FROM “THE CRAZY PEOPLE SHOPPING AT WALMART” FILES
‘HOOF HEARTED’
Looks like a giant camel is trying to escape from the inside out.


EGGPLANT NATION: Meet SHA
Meet Sha! So you know what to do to see more. Just CLICK HERE TO SEE THE PICS and remember they’re NSFW!

DISCLAIMER: WE DO NOT OWN NOR ALTER any images posted on this blog. All images are found online or submitted.

You’re Welcome!


HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND ALL!
EFREM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers