6/4/15

Move over Caitlyn, There’s another Trans Girl snatching a Cover!



Move over Caitlyn, There’s another Trans Girl snatching a Cover!
Orange Is The New Black” Cast Nabs ESSENCE Magazine’s July 2015 BODY Issue 
The “Orange Is The New Black” cast glowed in an array of orange hues for the cover of ESSENCE magazine’s July 2015 BODY issue, celebrating spotlights the many shapes and sizes of beauty. And the ladies are looking amazing on this cover.
“OITNB” stars Laverne Cox, Uzo Aduba, Danielle Brooks, Samira Wiley, Vicky Jeudy and Adrienne C. Moore dish to ESSENCE on how they learned to love themselves in spite of their flaws and being "sexy at every size."

TIME magazine cover girl Laverne Cox describes the steps she takes to loving every piece of her being, saying,

"This is intense, and it's hard. What I've been doing is looking in the mirror and listing all the things I have an issue with and then saying, 'This is beautiful.' I just go down the list and tell myself, 'You have to accept that this is you today.' I make time to do this."

We're taking notes on this great advice...
Emmy winner Uzo Aduba reveals it took her some time before she accepted her signature smile. She says, "For the majority of my first 18 years, I hated my gap. My mom would tell me that in Nigeria, it's a sign of beauty. I was like, 'We're in Massachusetts.'"
She continues, "Today there's not a selfie or personal photo I take where I'm not smiling wide. It sometimes feels as if I'm making up for lost smiles."

The fab cover will be on newsstands soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers