1/29/15

Uh Oh? Iggy Azalea FIRES SHOTS BACK at Jill Scott and Eve!



Iggy Azalea SNAPS BACK At Eve & Jill Scott, "They're Saying Act More Like How I Stereotype You To Be'
During a promo stop through Shade 45 for their film With This Ring, stars Eve and Jill Scott ignited an internet firestorm after they offered pointed critiques of Grammy-nominated rapper Iggy Azalea, with Eve coining the term "blaccent."

"The blaccent. Is that horrible? A lot of people gonna get mad at that, say what you want, but f*** it. I'm saying it in a sense that...she's from a different place. I've said this before, It would be dope to hear her with HER swag, what are you, who are you and what is that? That's the only reason I say that. [Australians] are so dope. That's my only thing."
"I think she's fly, I think she's good to look at, I think she's a pretty girl, she has a dope body. All of that is fine. I just wish there was a little bit more of where she came from."

After the interview went viral, Iggy went on Twitter to defend herself.  She suggested that Eve and Jill were threatened by her (because she's complex and multidimensional) and that they want her to be some Australian "stereotype" so they can feel more comfortable.  She tweeted,
Does Iggy make any valid points?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers