1/13/15

The Daily Buzz For Jan 14



“Avengers: Age Of Ultron” Unleashes New Trailer: Watch Here!
It’s going to be a killer year for Marvel fans, and there’s a brand new trailer for “Avengers: Age of Ultron” that just hit the internet. Starring Scarlett Johansson, Robert Downey Jr, Chris Hemsworth, Jeremy Renner, Samuel L. Jackson, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Evans, Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany, the forthcoming film is slated to hit theaters on May 1, 2015.
Per the official Marvel synopsis, “This is the epic follow-up to the biggest Super Hero movie of all time. When Tony Stark tries to jumpstart a dormant peacekeeping program, things go awry and Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, including Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, The Incredible Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye, are put to the ultimate test as the fate of the planet hangs in the balance.”

WATCH: 

“As the villainous Ultron emerges, it is up to The Avengers to stop him from enacting his terrible plans, and soon uneasy alliances and unexpected action pave the way for an epic and unique global adventure.”


NFL Player Devon Still’s Heartbreaking Update On Daughter's Cancer Status 
Cincinnati Bengals defensive tackle Devon Still is still standing strong for his baby girl Leah Still, who’s currently battling neuroblastoma, a rare pediatric cancer. The four-year-old was diagnosed with the disease back in June and the NFL baller has been keeping his fans updated on her health via Instagram since announcing her diagnosis. You'll recall, he was cut then re-signed to the Bengals' practice squad to help pay for his daughter's cancer treatments.
Lately, she has been undergoing treatments to help fight the disease, after undergoing surgery in September, and she recently went for a check up to see if they were any improvements in the number of cancer cells in her body.

Sadly, the cancer is still in her body. And her father announced her latest update in a very touching message to his fans. He posted the photo below and wrote:
I wanted to hear so bad that my daughter's cancer was gone and when I didn't it hurt me bad. I couldn't even bring myself to tell my family the results without breaking down. I honestly just wanted to shut down from every one. But I understand that blessing don't happen when I want them to, they happen when they're suppose to. So we are going to keep faith and keep fighting no matter what. #LeahStrong #BeatCancer

Our heart aches for him, Leah and their family. We're praying for a miracle for his little one


Mike Epps Calls Out Chris Rock for Being Hollywood's 'Meerkat'?
Mike Epps is funny, but is he correct with he recent comments about Chris Rock ?  Epps says he doesn’t understand why white people keep giving Chris Rock opportunities.

Here’s what HollywoodStreetKing is reporting:
“I haven’t seen it. I don’t know why they called it ‘Top Five? There wasn’t one good comedian in the whole movie.
I don’t know why they keep giving Chris Rock opportunities. He’s a great standup and a good Meerkat. When do these white people – they’re blind. They keep giving the wrong dude opportunities.”

Read more HERE THAT SHADE IS THICK!


Beverly Johnson’s Former Manager Says Both Johnson and Janice Dickerson LIED About The Cosby Accusations
Something isn’t adding up, and in time- things would come to light!! With so many prominent women speaking up and defending Bill Cosby’s name, legacy and character it’s hard to believe all the lies and rumors people are saying about America’s favorite TV dad. It’s about time to see the truth unfold, is it a conspiracy theory after all? Is the media trying to destroy Bill Cosby?? New information from veteran Hollywood talent manager Don Gibble, who represented Beverly Johnson in the early 1990′s, and also says he personally knew Janice Dickinson for more than twenty years says that BOTH JANICE DICKERSON AND BEVERLY JOHNSON LIED.

Here is what The DailyCaller is reporting 

Newly unearthed information suggests that Dickinson recently changed her story about Cosby to include sexual assault allegations.
Veteran Hollywood talent manager Don Gibble represented Johnson in the early 1990′s, and also says he personally knew Dickinson for more than twenty years.
Johnson recently alleged in a Vanity Fair piece that Cosby drugged her at his home in the mid-1980s after serving her a cup of cappuccino during a period in which Johnson was auditioning for a role on his sitcom. Johnson said that Cosby forcibly threw her, drugged, into a cab.

But Gibble said that Johnson told him her Cosby story many times, and that it only involved one personal meeting: at a pleasant, non-eventful brunch with Cosby and his wife Camille. She said she had brunch with him and his wife, and it was a great experience.

And then on ‘The View’ it flip-flopped,” Gibble said, referring to Johnson’s recent appearance on the daytime television program.
“It was odd to me that she changed her story. She said [she was] drugged and raped. I just remember that was not the conversation we had. And we had it repeatedly.”
“It was brunch. It was just one time. It was a typical nice pleasant experience,” Gibble said, echoing Johnson’s oft-repeated accounts. ”It can be easily proven that Camille Cosby was at that brunch, so it was kind of dumb for her to lie.”

Johnson “had brunch with him once and then they would run into each other at NAACP awards and premieres,” Gibble said.
Johnson even listed Cosby as one of the Hollywood producers that she had a good relationship with and hoped to work with again.

“When I first met her in the early ’90s I had her make a list of all the producers she had a good experience with so I could call and get her in,” Gibbs said.
Johnson put Cosby on her list. “Basically, she only had a good experience with him, so if he had been producing something at that time I could have easily called that office and gotten her an appointment.”

“It was ridiculous,” Gibble said, referring to watching Johnson change her story on “The View.” “I thought this was insane.”

Janice Dickinson’s story also changed drastically.
Dickinson recently claimed that Cosby drugged her with a pill and raped her in 1982 in a hotel room in Lake Tahoe.
But according to Gibble, Dickinson said at Hollywood parties “many times” that Cosby made a pass at her in a hotel, which she rejected. Cosby then went to bed without assaulting her, according to Dickinson’s original version of events.

Records demonstrate that Dickinson changed her story.
Dickinson told the San Francisco Examiner in June 2006 that Cosby hit on her in a hotel but that nothing physical happened:
“The self-proclaimed ‘world’s first supermodel” and former ‘America’s Next Top Model’ judge says that she was asked to tone down a section in her 2002 book, ‘No Lifeguard on Duty: The Accidental Life of the World’s First Supermodel,’ in which she details an incident where Cosby tried and failed to lure her into his hotel room. Dickinson claims she had dinner with The Cos and after the meal the comedian pulled the ol’ ‘you owe me’ excuse.
While promoting her new book, ‘Check Please! Dating, Mating and Extricating,’ on Howard Stern’s satellite radio show, Dickinson called Cosby a ‘bad guy’ who preys on vulnerable women.”

The New York Observer reported in September 2002 that Cosby “blew her off” after Dickinson rejected his advances:
“‘You really can sing,’ Muddy Waters told her, and she believed him, and believed Bill Cosby when he told her the same lie-that is, until she didn’t want to go to bed with him and he blew her off.”

The Observer quoted an excerpt from Dickinson’s book:
‘Exhausted?’ he asked, and it was clear he was trying hard to keep his temper in check. ‘After all I’ve done for you, that’s what I get? I’m exhausted ….’”

“‘Well gee Bill, if I had known it was going to be like this-’
“He waved both hands in front of my face, silencing me. Then he gave me the dirtiest, meanest look in the world, stepped into his suite, and slammed the door in my face.”

HMMMMMM, This is getting interesting!


WAIT WHAT? Safaree Samuels Talks All things Nicki Minaj including WRITING Her Rhymes!
We’ve been watching Nicki Minaj’s relationship with her now ex-boyfriend Safaree Samuels fizzle before our eyes, after dating for 10+ years. While Nicki has been vocal on social media about her break up, Safaree has pretty much kept quiet (outside of that one Twitter rant)….until now.

Rumors have circulated like wild fire to try to explain why the two called it quits. Was he cheating? Did she cheat on him with Meek Mill? Did she really bust the windows out of his car? Why did they keep their relationship such a secret when everyone knew they were dating? Does Nicki REALLY write her own rhymes? Did he really assault her in that Dallas hotel room? Safaree answers all of those questions and MORE.

In a new interview with Power 105’s The Breakfast Club, Safaree reveals why they decided to call it quits. And it seems it was mainly due to the fact that she started treating him like an employee, more so than her boyfriend. Respect also played a big role in their demise. He said he got tired of always having to hide the fact they were in a relationship (walking steps behind her, not being able to hold her hand, etc) because he's "an affectionate dude".

Safaree also dished on how he felt about Nicki being so flirtatious with other men (mainly Lil Wayne & Drake), the real reason they broke up, rumors about Nicki dating Meek Mill, how he feels about Nicki BASHING him in the media, if he was really suicidal after their break up and much more. You gotta sip this tea.

Below are the highlights:
On how Nicki & SB met met:
Nicki and SB were in a rap group together called Hood Starz. The group didn’t work out so she tried her solo thing and they moved to Atlanta. They were friends for like a year and half then they started dating.

On trashing Nicki in the media:
Safaree said he would never do anything publicly to bring her down. Whatever happens between them stays between them. He said he could bash her if he wanted to, but he’s not going to do that. He said it’s crazy that she’s bashing him now.

On who broke up with who:
He said, “I walked away. I’m not going to say I broke up. I walked away. I’m the one who packed my stuff and I left.”

On why he broke up with Nicki:
“It just got to the point where the respect was gone. It’s like everyone around her works for her. It got to the point where I was being treated like an employee instead of her man,” he said.

On why they kept their relationship a secret:
He said he really doesn’t understand why she wanted to keep it a secret. He said, “I just never understood that”.

On Nicki kissing Lil Wayne on the lips, giving Drake lap dances & the lyric that Wayne said about her man not hitting it right on “Only”:
“As far as the ‘Only’ song, that’s something that people on the outside took more disrespect than I did because I’ve been dealing with it for so long it seemed like the norm to me. I got numb to it. It is what it is”.

On the rumor that Nicki is now dating Meek Mill:
He said he introduced her to Meek Mill and if that who she decides to move on with then “it is what it is”. He said he’s not mad or bitter because if he wanted to make it work he would have tried to make it work. He said you can’t put a price on your peace of mind.

On his relationship with Meek:
“He don’t owe me nothing. He’s not a childhood friend I grew up with”.

On rumors that Meek was telling Nicki that Safaree was cheating on her:
“Listen, me and her were together for me and her. No one else had anything to do with our situation. No one else had anything to do with me and her and where we are now. I know people do try to tell her stuff, but I don’t know who.”

On his relationship with Drake:
He said he doesn’t know Drake that well, but he likes him. He said he’s a respectable dude. “I don’t have a problem with him. If it wasn’t for [Lil] Wayne, none of us would be here right now”.

On how he felt when Nick co-signed with comedian Lil Duval after he called him corny:
He said, “That was the thing that made me say I got to say something. She can take a picture with whomever she wants. She can get married tomorrow and be pregnant the next day and I would wish her nothing but the best. But when you try to pull me down and discredit what I’ve done for you, that’s what’s weak to me”.

On writing Nicki’s rhymes:
“Don’t say ‘Oh, I don’t have no talent’ because every time it came to writing raps and doing music, it was me, her and a beat. She doesn’t do it by herself. It was me and her. Don’t discredit me on what I’ve done for you, that’s weak. I would never do that to her. All I’m saying is this is something me and her did together. That doesn’t take away from what she’s done. She’s at the top of her league.”

On legally getting the money he’s owed:
Safaree said what’s fair is fair and you can’t take away from things he has contributed to.

On him spending “Nicki’s money”:
He said everything that he has, they got together. He said if he wants to buy something he bought it with his money. He said there is paperwork on certain situations.

On the rumors that he assaulted Nicki in a Dallas hotel:
He said that’s not true. He said all the cars he has are in his name.

On why he thinks Nicki didn’t want him to rap:
He said, “She just wanted me to be her support system. I can’t blame her for that. I was getting to the point in this past year, as a person, I just feel like I lost myself. Even now, not being in a relationship, it’s like learning how to walk and crawl again.”

On rumors that Nicki caught him cheating:
He said he was at the wrong place at the wrong time. He said there’s no truth to him cheating with the girl the media said he was cheating on Nicki with. He added the problem has nothing to do with cheating. He said they outgrew each other and they both don’t feel respected by each other.

On what changed their relationship:
Safaree dished, “I don’t think it was money and I don’t think it was fame. When you’re that big of a brand, you’re a walking, breathing corporation. You always have to be on. It was to the point where if we go out I can’t even hold your hand, I can’t put my arm around you and I’m an affectionate dude. I like to have my arm around my chick. I don’t want to have to be walking a couple of steps behind you and acting like you not my girl. After a while, that can put a strain on somebody”.

On him dating now:
He said he doesn’t feel like it was soon. He said they’ve been broken up for about 4 months now. He said, “That’s my soulmate, we just can’t be together”. He revealed Nicki’s mother wants them to come to respectable terms.

On if they can ever get back together:
“I don’t know man. I don’t look at her like ‘wow she’s so big and so famous, I need to have her in my life’. I don’t care about that. If you don’t respect me, and it’s to the point where I can’t deal with it anymore, I’m not going to put up with it anymore. I’m not saying I’m the victim and she’s the abuser. There’s stuff that she may feel like she didn’t like the way I handled myself. It’s just the whole thing trying to pull me down publicly; I just can’t deal with that. I’m not going to be out here doing 100 interviews. I had top magazines offering me covers for exclusive interviews, top talkshows asking me to do interviews. I don’t want to do that. Now, all of a sudden I’m corny? Don’t do that. I’m not going to come out and say you’re ugly now because we aren’t together. I’m going to keep it real”.

On if he feels like she dehumanized him by not treating him like her man:
“I’ve been dehumanized so much in my life that I’m just numb to everything”.

On him being suicidal after breaking up with Nicki:
Safaree admitted there were times he felt like he didn’t want to be here anymore. He said “I think everybody’s felt like that before. It’s not an easy thing to deal with. Now, I’m happy. I’m at the point where I can see it and not be bothered. Like before, it was hard for me to be in the car and she comes on the radio or if I’m looking on Instagram and I see memes and stuff like that, it use to get to me. But now I’m to the point where it’s like, tunnel vision. It doesn’t bother me no more”.

On if he would date another celebrity:
“Yea, it doesn’t matter if a girl is a celebrity or not. If a girl can make me feel good, if a girl has respect, it is what it is”. He said he’s not trying to rush into another relationship because he’s trying to re-learn himself after losing himself. He said he’s getting use to being around people again.

On who’s around Nicki now that’s going to keep it real with her:
“I don’t know. She got her friends with her but when your friends work for you, it’s not the same thing. It’s a little different”.

On if he would work with Nicki again:
“Yea, of course I would”.

On the last time he spoke to Nicki:
“She hit me two weeks ago. It just was like ‘are you sure this is what you want us to be?’ ”

Well, there you have it…….I GUESS!


Ray J Buys $2.7 Million House Near Kim Kardashian & Kanye West
Ray J is going to be neighbors with Kim Kardashian and Kanye West (whenever they finish building their estate, that is). The Love & Hip Hop Hollywood star bought a multi-million dollar house in the same neighborhood as the West’s.

Kim’s former sex tape partner just wrote a $2.7 million offer to buy a Hidden Hills mansion 8 doors down from Kim and Kanye.

Ray and his business manager, David Weintraub, perused the grounds Friday afternoon and then wrote the offer. BTW, it’s pretty baller … there’s even 3 horse stalls.
As for why he wants to live so close to Kim, Ray says it’s already his hood. He lived in the vicinity longer than Kim so if anything she’s the carpetbagger.

How much would you pay to watch Ray J knock at Kim’s door for a cup of sugar and Kanye answers.
Even if he lived in the neighborhood first, purposely moving down the street from your ex and her new husband might be worse than when he released, “I Hit It First.”
One can only wonder what Yeezus has to say about this.


Rihanna And Leonardo DiCaprio Dating??
PIC COURTESY OF perezhilton.com

Wait what? It’s so possible, They would make a gorgeous couple. rumor has it Rihanna is dating Leonardo DiCaprio? According to reports and several sources the pair brought in 2015 New Year together?? 

According to GigiOnThat
I heard Rihanna wants to say away from the bad boys in the music industry.
“Rihanna is no shrinking violet and unlike many of Leo’s model girlfriends she’s got ‘a lot of game’ to keep him on his toes,” the source continued. “They have been together at parties and even spent time alone at friends’ holiday apartments in St. Barths.”

Stay tuned for More developments!


VH1 Yanks “Sorority Sisters”, to Air Finale Episodes Friday in Response to Boycott Sorority Sisters
I have to say in a little way I kinda feel bad for the cast of VH1’s “Sorority Sisters” because they seem to have lost it all. According to my sources Delta Sigma Theta will be expelling the members who participated in the show and as we all know the ladies of Alpha Kappa Alpha were suspended. They don’t play when it comes to stepping out of line as it relates to being a member.

Check out the rest below.
VH1 is not saying if they are canceling the show but word on the street is they are trying to clean up the concept and image of their latest reality series Sorority Sisters. According to my source close to VH1; the network knows the show and the drama can bring high rating but they want to clean it up. According to my source,

The topic of greek life was a great concept they just needed to show in a different light. The shows producers have gotten thousands of inquires of other “Sorority Sisters” trying to tell their story. They are just hoping to find new sponsors.
My sources did not confirm or deny if the show would be canceled but they did say that things really depend on the Rating and drama the show would bring on Friday.

Here’s the AJC is reporting:
VH1 has finally said no mas to its detractors: the remaining three episodes of Atlanta-based “Sorority Sisters” are being burned off three in a row this Friday night.
How badly does VH1 want to put this show into the grave? The final episode will start at the odd time of 11:10 p.m. and end just past midnight. Plus, it’s not even being repeated later that night for West Coast consumption. And Friday tends to be a relatively low TV consumption night.
This doesn’t mean the show has been officially cancelled. VH1 rarely makes such announcements when a show is killed anyway, but no network with any intention of bringing a show back would make a move like this. It’s not a stretch to say it’s over for “Sorority Sisters.”
“Sorority Sisters” has been attacked for denigrating the history of African-American sororities by tying these well-regarded Greek names to the silly stereotypical drama that is part and parcel of many of VH1’s reality shows. The formula is now well worn: cattiness, jealousy, name-calling with the occasional fist thrown for good measure.
ACJ What do you think?


Beyonce Knowles & Jay Z: Brooklyn Nets Buddies
Kicking off the week with some sporting fun, Beyonce Knowles and Jay Z showed up at the Brooklyn Nets vs Houston Rockets basketball game in New York City.
The “Drunk in Love” duo sat courtside and looked to be having a marvelous time as they flirted up a storm and chatted with each other. And of course, the pregnancy rumors kept on coming after Knowles opted to wear a loose-fitting black coat to cover what could be a budding baby bump.
Still, Knowles’ Destiny’s Child bandmate Michelle Williams told “The View” that Bey isn’t with child. Referencing Knowles’ beach snapshot, Williams declared, “You know, when she was pregnant, people said that she wasn't pregnant. First of all, if you look at the picture, the baby bump is probably where her knees probably really are...Just stop it, stop it.'


Directors Guild Of America Announces 2015 Nominees
It’s the only awards show that focuses on the top dog on the film set, and the Directors Guild of America just unveiled the picks for the 2015 ceremony.
The field is rich with talent yet again this year, as first-time mentions Wes Anderson (The Grand Budapest Hotel), Richard Linklater (Boyhood) and Morten Tyldum (The Imitation Game) are all in the running for Outstanding Feature Film. But they’ll have to defeat previous nominee Alejandro G. Inarritu (Birdman) and previous winner Clint Eastwood (American Sniper) in order to take home the hardware.

The 2015 DGA Awards will be handed out on February 7th. And the nominees are:
WES ANDERSON
The Grand Budapest Hotel
(Fox Searchlight Pictures)

Anderson's Directorial Team:
Unit Production Manager: Miki Emmrich
First Assistant Director: Josh Robertson
Second Assistant Director: Ben Howard

CLINT EASTWOOD
American Sniper
(Warner Bros. Pictures)

Eastwood's Directorial Team:
Unit Production Manager: Tim Moore
First Assistant Director: David M. Bernstein
Second Assistant Director: Paula Case
Second Second Assistant Director: Clark Credle
First Assistant Director (Morocco Unit): Ahmed Hatimi
Second Assistant Director (Morocco Unit): Yann Mari Faget
Second Second Assistant Directors (Morocco Unit): Andrew Madden, Khalil Zghayou

ALEJANDRO G. IÑÁRRITU
Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)
(Fox Searchlight Pictures)

Iñárritu's Directorial Team:
Unit Production Managers: James W. Skotchdopole, Robert Graf
First Assistant Director: Peter Kohn
Second Assistant Director: Amy Lauritsen
Second Second Assistant Director: Catherine Feeny
Location Manager: Joaquin Prange

RICHARD LINKLATER
Boyhood
(IFC Films)

Linklater's Directorial Team:
Unit Production Manager: Cathleen Sutherland
First Assistant Director: Vince Palmo Jr.
Second Assistant Directors: Susana Jasso, Kathleen Tull
Second Second Assistant Directors: Mary Beth Chambers, Brian Franklin

MORTEN TYLDUM
The Imitation Game
(The Weinstein Company)

Tyldum's Directorial Team:
Production Manager: Suzie Shearer
First Assistant Director: Phil Booth
Second Assistant Director: James Manning


La Di Da Di! Slick Rick CELEBRATES his 50th Birthday BASH
Slick Rick turns the big 5-0! And to celebrate, he hit the stage for his annual Brooklyn Bowl bash to party it up for his milestone birthday, Peep the celebratory pics 
“La di da di, we like to party. We don't cause trouble, we don’t’ bother nobody”

YESSSSS!


Wiz Khalifa Chronicles London Fashion Week 
Wiz Khalifa’s style is much grander than the archetypal stoner. That said, it wasn’t surprising to see the Taylor Gang general sitting among fashion’s elite alongside the runway of multiple London Fashion Week shows.

Khalifa was spotted peeping the latest collections of brands like KTZ and Moschino, both of which he’s been spotted sporting on his person. He traveled alongside Ian Connor, an up and comer who affects the rap and fashion worlds from behind the scenes.
Not sure how Khalifa ended up with the purple-haired doppelgängers he’s proudly stands with in the pic above. See a photo recap of the rapper’s London Fashion Week invasion
Well hopefully he made some purchases besides WEED!


Kanye West Settles Lawsuit Over Mixtape Artwork
Kanye West is ready to move on from a six-figure lawsuit over a piece of artwork! The rapper was being sued by Italian photographer Fabio Massimo Gammacurta.  

According to court documents Kanye has settled his lawsuit with Italian photographer Fabio Massimo Gammacurta for an undisclosed amount. Gammacurta sued Kanye for $150K, accusing him of illegally using one of his photos for the artwork on his mixtape, “F.M. Phenomenal Ziptape Volume 1.” 
West previously argued that he couldn’t be sued for damages since the mixtape was free and he didn’t profit from it.  He also said he never intended to commit copyright infringement.


New Music: The Weeknd’s “Earned It (Fifty Shades Of Grey)” 
We’re about a month away before the premiere of the upcoming erotic thriller Fifty Shades of Grey (Feb. 13th). And it appears the soundtrack has gotten a little more exciting.
It already has Beyonce's vocals with her remixed “Crazy In Love” and “Haunted” singles, and now The Weeknd will be adding his soulful sounds into the mix.
The Trilogy singer is offering up tracks “Where You Belong” (which has not been released yet) and his single “Earned It.” He's the perfect artist for a titillating track with his sex-laced lyrics and smooth beats.

Check it: 

The film’s soundtrack features 16 tracks and will be released Feb. 10th, 3 days before the film’s debut on Friday, February 13th. You can cop "Earned It" on iTunes here.

Check out the tracklisting below:
1. “I Put a Spell on You (Fifty Shades of Grey)” – Annie Lennox
2. “Undiscovered” – Laura Welsh
3. “Earned It (Fifty Shades of Grey)” – The Weeknd
4. “Meet Me in the Middle” – Jessie Ware
5. “Love Me Like You Do” – Ellie Goulding
6. “Haunted (Michael Diamond Remix)” – Beyoncé
7. “Salted Wound” – Sia
8. “Beast of Burden” – The Rolling Stones
9. “I’m on Fire” – AWOLNATION
10. “Crazy in Love (2014 Remix)” – Beyoncé
11. “Witchcraft” – Frank Sinatra
12. “One Last Night” – Vaults
13. “Where You Belong” – The Weeknd
14. “I Know You” – Skylar Grey
15. “Ana and Christian” – Danny Elfman
16. “Did That Hurt?” – Danny Elfman

Well at least he has something positive to look forward to after his alleged scuffle with the police (which landed him a mugshot) in Las Vegas.


New Music: Dawn Richard’s “Castles” 
Days before the release of her newest solo album, Dawn Richard drops a new track titled “Castles”.
Following her debut album GoldenHeart, the former Danity Kane member is gearing up to release Blackheart on Jan. 15th, the second offering from her three-part trilogy she dubs "The Black Era".

Take a listen to "Castles"

According to Rap-Up, the Swagg R’Celious-produced track is allegedly about her strained relationship with former Danity Kane band mates And how their “foundation” wasn’t built to stand the test of time. We guess she found therapy in writing about it.

In conjunction with her album’s release, Dawn will be hitting the stage in New York (Jan. 22nd), then hitting the west coast to perform in in L.A. (Feb. 5th) and San Francisco (Feb. 7th).


Kool & The Gang’s Clifford Adams Dead At 62
Kool & The Gang, one of the most talented funk, soul and R&B bands of all time, lost a member of the group on Monday (Jan. 12). Clifford Adams, the group’s trombonist, succumbed to liver cancer after battling the condition for a year. Adams was 62.
News of Adams’ passing came by way of a report by NJ.com that was picked up by Billboard. Adams, a native of Trenton, N.J., reportedly did not have medical insurance and the band tried to raise funds to secure the musician a liver transplant as recently as last month.
NJ.com has more:
Adams, 62, is best known for playing with Kool and the Gang but he also played with The Stylistics, Patti Labelle and the Bluebells and Duke Ellington’s Orchestra during his career. Adams released two solo albums – The Master Power and I Feel Your Spirit.

Adams’ longtime friend and fellow Kool and the Gang musician Michael Ray described Adams as a loving and caring husband and father and a great friend.
“If you knew Cliff you knew his infectious smile and his strong spirit,” said Ray. “He was powered by family values and he was one of the baddest trombone players in all the planet.”
The loss of Adams has not only rocked fans of Kool & The Gang, but also those who encountered him away from the stage. Spoken word poet Todd Evans has collaborated with Adams, and is organizing a fundraiser to help the family with medical expenses.
Information regarding the fundraiser can be found at Jazz Bridge.


AND FINALLY FROM “THE CRAZY PEOPLE SHOPPING AT WALMART” FILES
‘TOP SHELF’
Ohhh yeaaaah, reach up there real high and grab that for me off the top shelf won’tcha hun….What? You guys don’t enjoy seeing middle school science teachers in booty shorts? Prudes.


HAVE A GREAT DAY ALL!!!
EFREM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers