4/24/12

Nightcap: GQ Mag interviews Derrick Rose of The Chicago Bulls





Chicago Bulls Star Derrick Rose Covers GQ Magazine



Derrick Rose is the second Chicago Bulls player to grace the cover of Gentleman’s Quarterly. Michael Jordan got the cover in 1989. The Chicago native, who signed a $95 million contract, poses on the GQ men’s magazine cover in a sleek sheen suit and tee while holding one of his most prized possessions.
check out a few highlights from D. Rose’s cover story:
On being compared to Michael Jordan: “…His titles drive me. What’s wrong with getting close to the best person that ever played the game? I’m not scared of him; if anything, it makes me work harder when I do train.”

On the attention he receives for his playing: “The more you win, the more they come. Don’t get me wrong. I don’t take anything for granted. But it seems like the better I play, the more attention I get. And I can’t get away from it. You play great, you get attention. But I hate attention. It is weird. I’m in a bind.”
On LeBron’s infamous on-air decision to go to the Heat: “I won’t ever put myself in a bad position so that people can say bad things about me. I make smart decisions… I’m very mature for 23 years old, and I know that whatever I do can hurt someone.”
On the people of Chicago treating him like a star: “Chicago isn’t used to stardom. …They don’t know how to act toward celebrity. So I always have someone with me. I can have a hat on, glasses on, whatever. People still notice me. If I go outside without a hat on, I feel like I’m naked. This life doesn’t fit my personality.”

On feeling like a recluse: “It gets on my nerves that I can’t just go out. It’s just boundaries now, people are like, ‘You can’t go here, you can’t go there, you got to let that person know where you’re going.’ It’s just weird. I’m never alone. Ever.”

On Obama being a fan of his: “I remember when he wasn’t our president, when I was a kid, when he’d just be walking down the street, a state senator. He was just always there. I didn’t appreciate it then. I was in high school and just wanted to see rappers.
Check out more of the interview at GQ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers