2/22/24

The Daily Buzz For Feb 23☕πŸ“°☕

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER!

#MAGFAB: It’s The Vanity Fair US - The 30th Annual Hollywood Issue!
Vanity Fair Magazine has launched its 30th Annual Hollywood issue, spotlighting 11 dynamic and exceptional stars who are making the most of their moment this year. As the entertainment industry rebounds from its most significant hiatus, these actors are at the forefront, showcasing the diversity and dynamism that define contemporary Hollywood.

The 2024 Hollywood portfolio shines a spotlight on a stellar lineup, including Bradley Cooper (Maestro), Natalie Portman (May December), Pedro Pascal (The Last of Us), Colman Domingo (Rustin, The Color Purple), Jodie Comer (The Bikeriders), Lily Gladstone (Killers of the Flower Moon), Greta Lee (Past Lives), Charles Melton (May December), Da’vine Joy Randolph (The Holdovers), Jenna Ortega (Wednesday), and Barry Keoghan (Saltburn).

Captured by fashion photographer Gordon Von Steiner and styled by George Cortina, the portfolio brings to life the essence of each actor through mesmerizing behind-the-scenes portraits. Adding depth to the visual feast are exclusive Q&A sessions with the cover stars and a captivating cover video that pays homage to Barry Keoghan’s climactic scene in “Saltburn.”

Radhika Jones, the editor-in-chief of Vanity Fair, contextualizes the issue in her editor’s letter, highlighting the Hollywood issue as a tradition that encapsulates the zenith of the cinematic season while offering glimpses into future potentials. It’s a celebration of film, television, performances, and the transformative power of narrative storytelling in shaping culture.

Jones elaborates on the significant achievements in cinema and television since the last Oscars, applauding the expansive range and potential of contemporary cinema across the globe. The fusion of film and television has led to unprecedented creative outcomes, enriching the entertainment landscape.

The chosen cover stars represent a vibrant mix of the industry’s beloved figures. They are actors who also contribute as directors, producers, and writers, embracing and shaping the evolving dynamics of their careers. As David Canfield notes in his cover story, these individuals are not just experiencing a moment; they are actively seizing it, altering their trajectories, and pioneering new paths in the ever-changing Hollywood.


#RHOA: Kandi Burruss Says She Has No Regrets About RHOA Exit, Talks Phaedra Parks' Rumored Return!
The Grammy-winner also dished on Porsha Williams returning to the franchise, and shut down rumors that she decided to leave after news of Porsha's comeback.
Kandi Burruss is looking ahead to her next chapter!
The Grammy-winning musician spoke to Access Hollywood while on the red carpet at the People's Choice Awards Sunday, where she was nominated in the Reality TV Star of the Year category, and discussed her recently announced departure from The Real Housewives of Atlanta.

Burruss, who appeared on the long-running Bravo series for 14 seasons, said she has no regrets about taking a step back from RHOA, and told Access she's excited about the opportunities she has coming down the pipeline.

"Actually, it feels good that the year I decided to leave, I'm leaving on a high note," Burruss said when asked if her PCAs nom feels bittersweet amid her exit from the series. "Being nominated as Best Reality Star, like what better way to walk out."
As for whether she has any regrets about stepping away, Burruss said "no," telling the outlet that she believes she made the right decision after being on the show for so long.

"I'm excited for the show and what they have going next, but I'm excited for myself too," she gushed. "I got a lot of great things that's happening in the pipeline, but you know, they're always gonna be my family, so it's all good."
She continued, "I've been having some really awesome meetings. And I think at one second, I was like, 'Am I crazy?' Because after I said bye to RHOA, it was like another one I had to say bye to -- knowing I'm not gonna do that as well. And so I was like, 'Am I stupid or something? How am I turning down all this opportunity?'"

"But then, some other things came up, and I was like, 'If I were to have did that, then I wouldn't have been able to do this," Burruss added.
While Burruss is exiting the series, some other fan favorites are returning, like Porsha Williams, with the RHOA OG telling the outlet she was aware Williams was making a comeback.

"I already knew Porsha was coming back. She and I had already talked. We had both discussed that we both were trying to figure out what to do," Burruss said before shutting down rumors that her exit was connected to Williams' return. "A lot of people were acting like I had to leave for her to come back, and that wasn't the case."

She continued, "Bravo, or production, were trying to get us both to come back. So, it wasn't an either/or situation. I'm happy for Porsha, and I'm excited for what she has coming next. I'm excited for all the girls."
When it comes to reconfiguring the RHOA lineup for the show's 16th season, Burruss said Bravo has to have Kenya Moore back, telling Access she's feeling pretty confident that the Kenya Moore Hair Care founder will be returning

Phaedra Parks, however, is another story, with Burruss, who has long had issues with Parks adding that "as long as" she's not there, she doesn't care what the network does.
"I'm staying out of it," she added.
Burruss first revealed her departure from the long-running reality series earlier this month while at the 2024 Grammys.

"I decided I'm not coming back this year," she told Variety's Marc Malkin on the red carpet.
Since joining RHOA in 2009 for its second season, she's been a fixture on the series. Throughout her time on the show, she met husband Todd Tucker and welcomed two children: son Ace, 7, and daughter Blaze, 3 (the couple each have one other daughter from their previous relationships.)

Why she decided to leave ultimately came down to Burruss wanting to pursue other opportunities, a feeling that was spurred on further during the show's extended hiatus, telling Malkin, "It's been 14 seasons, and they allowed us to sit around for a little too long. But during that time I had started working on a lot of other things, and I got some nice big projects coming soon, so I'm super excited about those things."

The show is rumored to be re-tooling its cast a bit, similar to what the Real Housewives of New York did ahead of its 14th season.
As for what the final lineup for RHOA's 16th season will look like, that remains to be seen.


#MusicNews: Usher Is Taking His "USHER: PAST PRESENT FUTURE Tour" To The UK And Europe In 2025

Usher is set to embark on the U.K. and European leg of his “USHER: PAST PRESENT FUTURE Tour” in April 2025. Today’s (Feb. 20) announcement arrived on the heels of him adding several more U.S. dates to the trek for 2024.
The R&B singer will perform three nights at London’s O2 Arena on April 1, 2, and 5, with additional stops in Paris, Amsterdam, and Berlin. Tickets go on sale starting Thursday (Feb. 22) at 12 p.m. local time, with pre-sales taking place today at 10 a.m.

“Europe, you ready?” Usher said in a press statement. “After the epic experience at the Super Bowl and the huge demand for shows across North America, I’m thrilled to extend the tour to London, Paris, Amsterdam, and Berlin. This tour celebrates the past 30 years and offers a glimpse into the future. We are just getting started!”

On Feb. 11, Usher headlined the Super Bowl LVIII halftime show. He did a medley of hits like “Yeah!” with Lil Jon and Ludacris, “Caught Up,” “Burn,” and “OMG.” Notably, the event happened months after finishing his Las Vegas residency, where he completed 100 shows.


#HipHopNews: UK Rapper Digdat Charged With Attempted Murder
UK drill rapper DigDat (real name Nathan Tokosi) has been arrested and charged with attempted murder, along with multiple gun charges.
According to a report by UK publication News Shopper on Monday (February 19), Tokosi allegedly tried to fatally shoot a man in West London in November. He’s also accused of possessing a firearm with intent to endanger life/enable an other to do so, as well as possessing three 9mm Parabellum-caliber bullets for a firearm.

DigDat is best known for his 2018 single “Air Force” and its accompanying remix which features Krept & Konan and K Trap. The latter peaked at No. 20 on the UK Singles Chart in December 2018.
He’s also had run-ins with the law before, having served five years of a 10-year sentence he received at the age of 13 over a decade ago, though it’s unconfirmed as to why. In 2022, he was sent back to prison after violating the conditions of his probation. He was released seven months later in June of 2023.

News of DigDat’s arrest for attempted murder arrives just months after UK drill rapper Kay-O, who is best known for his song “AVEN9ERS,” was convicted of murdering his rival Kacey Boothe.
Boothe was shot dead last August in Walthamstow, North-East London outside of a community centre, with Kay-O and three associates all convicted of the crime as well as conspiring to murder another man, Khalid Samanter.

The shooting was the result of a rivalry between two different gangs which those involved were associated with, and there had been a build up of violent incidents according to the police.
Per BBC News, the court was told that Kay-O and the three other defendants had planned to kill Samanter, who is a friend of Boothe’s outside of his child’s birthday party. It is believed that Samanter the main target and that it was not intentional to kill Boothe.

The gun used in the killing was said to have been previously used seven different times including to shoot Boothe’s brother Kyle in August 2020.
The court were also informed that Kay-O, in the days after the shooting, posted a video online entitled “Laughing Stock” in which he bragged about the murder.

Police discovered Kay-O was the killer by looking at CCTV and could view him escaping the scene of the shooting in a stolen car. He, along with the others who were convicted, will be sentenced at the same court next month, on a date that is yet to be confirmed.

The four found guilty of his murder in total are Ka’mani Brightly-Donaldson, Kammar Henry-Richards (Kay-O), Joao Pateco-te and Jeffrey Gyimah.


Tiffany Haddish Passionately Defends Trip To Israel After Backlash: 'I Care About Both Sides'
Tiffany Haddish stands by her decision to travel to Israel amid the ongoing conflict in Gaza. The comedian has defended herself after landing hot water for traveling to the Middle East country for what she called an "educational trip" amid the country's war with Palestine.

On Wednesday, February 21, the actress joined "TMZ Live" after she arrived in Israel. "I can't believe everything that I read," she said. "I need to go see for myself. I want to talk to the actual people that's here, the people that actually experienced the situation that happened on the 7th."

"The people that actually have family members that are hostages that were taken out of their own homes, that were on their way to work driving from Palestine to Israel, working here on a daily basis, and how they were taken as well," she claimed. "I wanted to talk to the people. I wanted to be with the people. I wanted to see with my own eyes, hear with my own ears."

Of what she's learned since she arrived in the region, Tiffany shared, "I learned a lot. I learned that people were taken out of their homes. I learned that people were taken away from the actual event that was happening. All those people that were killed, there was a lot of people killed, but a lot of people were kidnapped from that event. I didn't know that before." She added, "I learned that there were 100 people that have been freed from being hostages in Gaza, but there are still 100 plus people that are over there."

When asked about Israel's counter attack in Gaza, the "Like a Boss" star said, "Yes, I'm going over there too. I'm a firm believer in: 'Go see with your own eyes before you pass judgment.' Go over there cautiously, be cautious, but go see for yourself." She insisted, "I care about both sides. I care about humanity. Human beings."

She grew emotional as saying, "I know there's a lot of religious stuff going on, a lot of control of the land, 'No Jews here, no this there' whatever... that's neither here nor there with me. It's about human life, human beings. Human beings, man! That's what I care about. That's why I'm here."

Tiffany also responded to the criticism that she shouldn't have joked about finding a man in Israel given the seriousness of the situation. "I'm here all by myself. Just like I was saying in 2018 when they were asking me about Mo'Nique and her husband, I said I don't do my business like she does her business. Because I don't have a husband. I don't have what she has. I'm all alone!" she explained. "That's what I'm trying to tell you guys. I'm doing this all by myself."

She continued defending herself, "I don't have a whole family full of men, or a man supporting me. I'm doing it on my own. I'm learning on my own. For people to say... I have to make light of something that the average female wouldn't do. The average female wouldn't have the courage to go see for themselves. There's a lot of scary a** b***hes out here, and y'all can be scared, but I'm going to go ahead and follow my instincts, and learn as much as I can learn. Educate myself before I go speaking on subject matters."

Tiffany was dragged online after she went live on Instagram on Tuesday to inform her followers about her trip to Israel. In a since-deleted video, she was sitting in business class in a plane. "I'm gonna go meet my future man out there," she joked. "I'm out. I'm going to the Holy Land. I suggest you all do it."

The "Girls Trip" star said she's traveling to Israel "to learn and see with my own eyes" because she doesn't believe what she read on the Internet. "I'm gonna see with my own eyes," she added. When asked if her trip was for "vacation or work," the 44-year-old claimed it was for a "history lesson." She explained, "This is sociology. This is an educational trip for me. I want to go get educated. I want to see what's really going on. I want to learn how it started, why it started."


#RIP: Activist Hydeia Broadbent, who rose to prominence as a child living with HIV, dies at 39

Hydeia Broadbent, a prominent HIV/AIDS activist who gained media attention for being a part of America’s “first generation of children born HIV positive” in the late 1980s, died Tuesday. She was 39.
Her father, Loren Broadbent, announced her death on Facebook early Wednesday morning. He did not give a cause of death.

“With great sadness, I must inform you all that our beloved friend, mentor and daughter Hydeia, passed away today after living with Aids since birth,” he wrote. “Despite facing numerous challenges throughout her life, Hydeia remained determined to spread hope and positivity through education around HiV/AIDS.” 
As an infant, Broadbent was abandoned at the University Medical Center of Southern Nevada in Las Vegas and later adopted by Loren and Patricia Broadbent. It was presumed that Broadbent was born with HIV, but she was not diagnosed until she was 3.

Broadbent initially tagged along with her mother, a social worker, as she began speaking publicly about HIV and trying to reduce the stigma surrounding the virus at the time, especially for the sake of children who had been diagnosed with it. By age 6, the elementary grade-schooler began to speak, too, eventually taking the helm.

Broadbent became a fixture in HIV/AIDS advocacy before medications became available that could make living with HIV, the virus that causes AIDS, a more manageable chronic illness.
She appeared on a Nickelodeon special about HIV and AIDS with Magic Johnson in 1992, shortly after the basketball star’s own public diagnosis with HIV. When it was her turn to talk, Broadbent began to sob, pleading, “I just want people to know that we’re just normal people.”

Johnson consoled the young girl. “You don’t have to cry, because we are normal people. OK? We are.”
Years later, Johnson told CNN that was a turning point in his life.
“That very moment was both sad and inspirational,” he said in 2012. “It made me want to do more to bring awareness to the disease and educate people so that no one would have to feel the way she did that day.”

In 1996, Broadbent, then 12, addressed the Republican National Convention with a poem declaring: “I am the future, and I have AIDS. I can do anything I put my mind to. I am the next doctor. I am the next lawyer. I am the next Maya Angelou. I might even be the first woman president. … You can’t crush my dream. I am the future, and I have AIDS.”

She and her mother co-wrote a book in 2002, “You Get Past the Tears: A Memoir of Love and Survival,” about their experience as a family.
Broadbent continued to work in advocacy and awareness of HIV, particularly with ensuring that Black communities were engaged with understanding HIV, reducing stigma, practicing safe sex or abstinence, and getting tested regularly. In addition to appearing on TV shows and specials over the years, Broadbent was  honored by Essence magazine, The Grio, Ebony, the American Red Cross and others. Broadbent had been working with the Magic Johnson Foundation for the last decade, according to BET News.

In 2018, on her 34th birthday, Broadbent wrote a blog post on her website celebrating the milestone, as someone in “the first generation of children born HIV positive,” and whose adoptive parents were told she would not live past 5.
“These last few years have been extremely difficult; struggles with depression, which reached scary points,” she wrote. “A depression so dark, I was not sure how I would see the beauty in life again. I was unsure of how I’d pull myself back up. I now have a new outlook, I’m able to now see the blessing’s, and lesson’s from my valley. I am a warrior, I raise each day, with purpose, while still being a work in progress.”


Top exec Matt Uzzle of ‘Sherri’ show found dead in New York home amid financial investigation
Matt Uzzle, the executive-in-charge of Sherri Shepherd’s daytime talk show, was discovered dead in his Piermont, New York home on February 13

One of the top execs of the ‘Sherri’ show died while a financial investigation at the show was underway. Matt Uzzle, the executive-in-charge of Sherri Shepherd’s daytime talk show, was discovered dead in his Piermont, New York home on February 13, a police source said, according to Page Six.

Police only said it is “an open investigation,” but sources said he died of apparent suicide, according to the outlet.
Uzzle used to manage production and oversee the budget at ‘Sherri. At the time of his death, he was under investigation at the show after many departments claimed they were facing issues with petty cash. Parent company Debmar-Mercury recently learned that rent at the show’s Chelsea, New York City, studio has yet to be paid. It had not been paid since September.

“There was real concern among staff that the show was getting shut down. Debmar had to step in,” a source said. However, a different source claimed Debmar-Mercury has continued production of the show, which had not been impacted.

Shepherd brought Uzzle in from ‘The Wendy Williams’ show. After being confronted about the financial status of the show, he said he “needed a couple of days to get his paperwork together.
Police found him dead during a welfare check. “We have retained [law firm] Morgan Lewis to help us investigate the matter and, pending the outcome of that investigation, we’ll have no further comment,” a rep for Debmar-Mercury said.

Uzzle’s death has not been widely reported. Only small news outlets like County Local News and National Memorial Site have reported on it calling Uzzle “a respected production manager who was known for his outstanding contributions to ‘The Wendy Williams Show’ and several other significant projects.” However, his work on ‘Sherri’ was not mentioned.

Discussing suicides can be triggering for some. However, suicides are preventable. If you or someone you know is considering suicide, please contact the National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255).


Diddy Denies Gang Rape Allegation In Court Documents

Sean “Diddy” Combs has denied in a legal filing that he raped a woman 20 years ago in a New York City recording studio when she was 17, as she alleged in a lawsuit filed in December.
The woman, identified in her lawsuit only as Jane Doe, has alleged Combs, along with Harve Pierre, a former president of Combs’ record label, and an unnamed individual, took turns raping her. The suit names Combs, Pierre, Daddy’s House Recordings and Bad Boy Entertainment as defendants.

A response filed Tuesday in the Southern District of New York, states that Combs “never participated in, witnessed, or was or is presently aware of any misconduct, sexual or otherwise,” relating to the woman “in any circumstance whatsoever.” The response also questions the legitimacy of photos included in the lawsuit. The woman’s suit includes four images that her attorney says were taken in Combs’ recording studio on the night of the alleged assaults. In one of the photos, she appears to be sitting on Combs’ lap. Her face is blurred in the images.

Combs “avers that the context, genuineness, and/or accuracy of the photographs are disputed,” his attorneys say in the filing.
Combs’ attorneys also argue that the lawsuit should be thrown out because the Victims of Gender-Motivated Protection Law, under which it was filed, is unconstitutional.
“Plaintiff’s decision to wait more than two decades to file her Complaint has prejudiced Defendant, as he has lost the ability to defend himself fully and fairly in this action,” Comb’s response states, adding that “some or all evidence that otherwise would have been available if the action had been promptly commenced may be unavailable, lost, or compromised.”

In a separate response also filed Tuesday, Pierre said he never participated in the sexual assault of Doe nor did he ever witness anyone else sexually assaulting her.
Doe is the fourth person to file a lawsuit against Combs, accusing him of sexual assault. Combs’ attorneys have requested in court filings that her identity be disclosed. A judge has not yet ruled on the matter.

“The deeply troubling allegations against the defendants by multiple women speak for themselves,” Michael J. Willemin, an attorney for the woman, said in a statement Wednesday. “The ridiculous claim that the photos are somehow fake and the law at issue is unconstitutional are nothing more than desperate attempts to conjure a defense where none exists.”

The accuser is also being represented by Douglas Wigdor, the attorney who represented the singer, model and actress Cassie in her federal lawsuit against Combs. Cassie, whose legal name is Casandra Ventura, a former longtime romantic partner of Combs,’ was signed to his record label. She sued Combs in mid-November in federal court, alleging that he raped and repeatedly beat her over nearly a decade. The case was settled a day after it was filed. The terms of the settlement were not disclosed. Combs’ lawyer, Ben Brafman, has said the settlement was “in no way an admission of wrongdoing.”

The other cases against Combs are still pending. In a December statement, he denied the allegations saying “enough is enough” and called the claims against him “sickening.”
“Letme be absolutely clear: I did not do any of the awful things being alleged. I will fight for my name, my family and for the truth,” he said in the statement.

Doe alleges in her lawsuit that she was 17 and in the 11th grade when she met Pierre at a lounge in the Detroit area. Pierre was the president of Bad Boy Entertainment at the time, but is no longer employed there. The suit says that Pierre complimented her and then began talking about Combs, whom he described as his “best friend,” and he eventually called Combs to introduce him to Doe. Combs, who was twice her age at the time, convinced her to accompany Pierre and a third defendant identified in her suit as “The Third Assailant,” on a private jet to come to his studio in New York City, the suit alleges. She said Pierre and another man flew her to New York on a private jet and took her to a recording studio, where she was plied with drugs and alcohol. Pierre, Combs and a man she didn’t know then took turns raping her, her lawsuit says.


Nigel Lythgoe Sued for Sexual Assault, His 3rd Case Since December
Nigel Lythgoe was sued Saturday for sexual assault — his third such case since December.
The lawsuit, obtained by TheWrap and filed in Los Angeles Superior Court, claims the former “American Idol” and “So You Think You Can Dance?” producer forcibly touched the unidentified plaintiff in 2016.

The incident, according to the suit, occurred that February and among other things claims that Lythgoe’s driver was behind the wheel of the car throughout the ordeal. The Jane Doe plaintiff is demanding a jury trial and is seeking unspecified damages.

Paula Abdul was the first to sue Lythgoe, accusing him in paperwork filed Dec. 29 of groping her in the elevator of a hotel where the show was filming in 2022. Abdul, one of the original “American Idol” judges, also accused Lythgoe of a separate incident, alleging he forced himself on top of her during a dinner at his home in 2015.

Lythgoe denied Abdul’s accusations in strong terms, vowing to fight the accusations and mentioning “erratic behavior” by her. But on Jan. 2, two former contestants of the 2003 talent competition “All American Girl” filed their own lawsuit, in which they accused Lythgoe of inappropriate behavior in the show’s dressing room and at a private party at his house.

Lythgoe stepped down from “So You Think You Can Dance” on Jan. 5.
The Hollywood Reporter first covered the news.


Tyler The Creator shares images from his new capsule collection for Louis Vuitton

Tyler, The Creator took to social media to reveal that he was tapped by Pharrell Williams to create a Spring 2024 men's capsule collection for Louis Vuitton. Consisting of items inspired by aviation and golf, the collection will launch globally March 21.

"Thank you, [Pharrell]. I love you. You keep throwing me the keys," Tyler wrote on Instagram alongside images from his collaboration. "[To] the [Louis Vuitton] team: Thank y'all for allowing these ideas [to] come to life. Thank you [Darren Vongphakdy]. We really ran in there like we ran the place. And [to Tara Razavi] and [Luis ‘Panch’ Perez]: [We're] the trio for real." Tyler also called a custom-made Louis Vuitton chessboard "my favorite thing I've made."

In another IG post, the Odd Future alum further broke down inspirations behind his designs.
"Hand drawn monograms, wavy soles, waffle and butter sandals, dogs, pastel colors, all that," he added. "I wanted to mix my style and Louis Vuitton's codes together in a way that felt slightly whimsical, but could still be worn to the gas station on a Tuesday. What an experience being in that office, [with my] imagination running wild. Have you seen that chessboard?! I had a real late night editing these photos. I'm happy to finally share this collection and lookbook with you guys. [I] still can't believe it."

In an email to GQ, Pharrell spoke on how the capsule collection came together. "Tyler has been my close friend and collaborator for years and we’ve always connected on music and design,” the N.E.R.D frontman explained. "This collaboration is unique to Louis Vuitton because it’s a natural extension of our LVERS philosophy, building on our network of incredible artists and creatives. There are so many elements specific to Tyler built into these pieces, and it’s been inspiring to see him hone in on his craft and collaborate with him for this Spring collection.”


Wendy Williams Diagnosed with Frontotemporal Dementia & Aphasia

A press release has revealed that Wendy Williams has been diagnosed with primary progressive aphasia and frontotemporal dementia.

If Wendy‘s diagnosis sounds familiar, it might be because Bruce Willis revealed the same diagnosis just one year ago.
The 59-year-old talk show host underwent testing in 2023, where she learned of the diagnosis.

The press release shared, “In 2023, after undergoing a battery of medical tests, Wendy was officially diagnosed with primary progressive aphasia and frontotemporal dementia (FTD). Aphasia, a condition affecting language and communication abilities, and frontotemporal dementia, a progressive disorder impacting behavior and cognitive functions, have already presented significant hurdles in Wendy’s life.”

“Wendy would not have received confirmation of these diagnoses were it not for the diligence of her current care team, who she chose, and the extraordinary work of the specialists at Weill Cornell Medicine. Receiving a diagnosis has enabled Wendy to receive the medical care she requires,” the press release continued.
The press release continued, “The decision to share this news was difficult and made after careful consideration, not only to advocate for understanding and compassion for Wendy, but to raise awareness about aphasia and frontotemporal dementia and support the thousands of others facing similar circumstances. Unfortunately, many individuals diagnosed with aphasia and frontotemporal dementia face stigma and misunderstanding, particularly when they begin to exhibit behavioral changes but have not yet received a diagnosis.”

According to the release, Wendy is able to do many things on her own at this time, and she is still maintaining her signature sense of humor.
We’re sending our best to Wendy.


Dwyane Wade Urged To 'Come Out' After Posing For GQ Magazine
Dwyane Wade is seemingly suspected of making fashion statement with his photoshoot for GQ magazine. The retired professional basketball player has sparked speculation about his sexuality after his picture for Denim's New Age in the March issue of the publication was released online.

In the image shared by GQ magazine and also posted on the former athlete's Instagram page, the 42-year-old sported a pair of light blue jeans, a simple white T-shirt, black cowboy boots and a neutral hat. He put his two hands in front of waist while looking at the camera.

While there's nothing offensive about the pose or the outfit, for some reason people think that Dwyane had a hidden message with the photoshoot. Weighing in on the snap, many urged the former NBA star to "come out" of the closet.
"Just come on out," one wrote in the comments section of the post. Another also urged the father of four, "Just come out and get it over with dammm." A third claimed, "He's officially out the closet."

"Ok lil nas wade," a fourth person penned, giving a twist to Lil Nas X's name. A fifth user remarked, "Bro went from supporting to participating," referring to Dwyane's support for the LGBTQ+ community.
"Switching it up just like his kid. That's a supportive dad," a sixth person speculated, while another said, "He was my hero before he sold his soul." Another disappointed fan exclaimed, "Damn!! what happened to Wade!"

Amid the wild claims made about Dwyane based on his photo for GQ magazine, one person defended him. "So much outrage over someone wearing some jeans, a T-shirt and cowboy boots. The only people in with agendas are the ones coming up with agendas," the said person hit back at the trolls.

Dwyane has been married to Gabrielle Union since 2008 and welcomed a daughter with the actress in 2018. He shares two children, including Zaya Wade, with his ex-wife Siohvaughn Funches. He also has a child from his past relationship with Aja Metoyer.


Lee Daniels Breaks Silence on Requests for ‘Star’ Revival: ‘Love You for This. It is Being Written’

*Welp! We’ve got good news “Star” stans longing for the show’s return. It looks like they may soon see their wishes fulfilled.
As reported by Blex Media, Lee Daniels has hinted at the revival of “Star” for the small screen.
Daniels responded to an Instagram post by @Iamzoie, where the latter expressed their fervent desire for the show’s comeback.

In his response, Daniels expressed gratitude for the support and revealed that the project is in progress, albeit delayed due to his involvement in other endeavors.
“Love you for this. It is being written. I appreciate everybody’s love! It’s just taken me FOREVER cause I have other projects…It’s crazy, I had NO IDEA when I created this show the response would be like this. #grateful.”

The series, akin to Daniels’ previous creation “Empire” on FOX, revolves around the journey of three young women striving for stardom in the music industry while navigating its glittering allure and harsh realities.
“Star” featured a talented cast including Jude Demorest, Brittany O’Grady, Ryan Destiny, Amiyah Scott, Queen Latifah, Miss Lawrence, Luke James, Lance Gross, Benjamin Bratt, Evan Ross, William Levy, and Brandy.

Initially canceled after three seasons in 2019, Daniels had previously announced plans for a television movie to tie up loose ends, promising fans a thrilling conclusion with the entire cast, even those who had met their demise on screen.


Biden Administration Announces $1.2 Billion Student Loan Forgiveness
President Biden’s administration is keeping its promise to explore other options for student debt relief after the Supreme Court rejected a $430 billion forgiveness plan last year.
Early Wednesday, the administration announced that they are canceling another $1.2 billion in student loans for 153,000 eligible individuals.

According to the White House, the administration has now canceled about $138 billion in student debt for nearly 3.9 million.
The latest announcement is for those in the Saving on a Valuable Education (SAVE) repayment program, covering individuals who borrowed $12,000 or less and have been repaying for at least ten years.

The White House said the move will “particularly help community colleges and other borrowers with smaller loans and put many on track to being free of student debt faster than ever before.”


Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler’s Sexual Assault Has Been Lawsuit Dismissed

Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler was accused of sexually abusing a former teenage model twice in one day in Manhattan almost 50 years ago.
On Wednesday, a U.S. judge dismissed the complaint and told Jeanne Bellino, the alleged victim, that she waited too long to sue the 75-year-old singer.

According to reports, Judge Lewis A. Kaplan told Bellino that since she had not claimed that Tyler's actions constituted a "serious risk of physical injury," she was ineligible for a two-year window to pursue claims that would otherwise have run outside statutes of limitations.

Additionally, Judge Kaplan determined that Bellino's claim was preempted by the Child Victims Act and Adult Survivors Act "substantially for the reasons" stated by Tyler's attorneys.
Tyler's lawyers further claimed that Bellino demonstrated a "lack of diligence" by choosing not to file a lawsuit under the Child Victims Act. They noted that laws whose statute of limitations has passed "occupy the field regarding the revival of claims derived from state penal sexual assault law."

Following the court's decision, a lawyer for Tyler, David Long-Daniels, said, per Reuters, "We agree with the judge's reasoning and are grateful for this result on behalf of our client."
It's a really significant ruling, and it's unknown how Judge Kaplan's precedent will affect other cases brought in New York City under the same statute in the future.

Bellino now reportedly has until March 13 to amend her complaint.
In her lawsuit filed last year, Bellino claimed that in 1975, when she was 17 years old, a friend set her up to meet the band Aerosmith after a fashion presentation in Manhattan.

She alleged that Tyler, then 27 years old, and his group were walking down the street together when he pushed her into a phone booth and proceeded to grope her, simulate intercourse, and shove his "tongue down her throat" while others laughed.

According to the lawsuit, "others stood outside the phone booth laughing, and as passersby watched and witnessed, nobody in the entourage intervened." Bellino also mentioned that she was abused by Tyler again when she went to the Warwick Hotel with the group. She noted that she followed them to the hotel because she was sharing costs with her friend to get a ride home to Queens.
She alleged in her lawsuit that the incident caused her to "suffer great pain of mind and body, severe and permanent emotional distress, physical manifestations of emotional distress, embarrassment, humiliation, physical, personal & psychological injuries."

Tyler reportedly "vehemently" denied Bellino's claims.


AND FINALLY FROM “THE CRAZY PEOPLE SHOPPING AT WALMART” FILES
Daddy Long Legs

It’s not always easiest to show off parts of ourselves that we feel proud of because we feel that we may be judged in a negative way.


HAVE A GREAT DAY ALL!!!
EFREM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers