3/5/12

THEY'RE BACK! Brandy & Monica...Video Preview!



Brandy & Monica – It All Belongs To Me Music Video preview
Brandy and Monica are gearing up to release the video for their Rico Love-produced new single “It All Belongs to Me,” which will premiere next week on VH1. The video features both singers using their Girl Power to help each other get through a dysfunctional relationship.
Brandy recently caught up with Rolling Stone to chat about the new video and also revealed details on her new album. She said she has something edgy she’s getting ready to put out, and it’s more of an R&B feel than her previous ‘Human‘ album. She brought some familiar faces from her past along for the ride such as producers Timbaland and Rodney ‘Darkchild’ Jerkins but she’s also taking risks by working with both Drake and Frank Ocean.

video preview:

Brandy On the “It All Belongs To Me” video:
Monica and I have a bond as women and as mothers. Working with her doesn’t feel like work. Chris Robinson directed the video and we’re both in dysfunctional relationships. We’re helping each other through both situations, it’s sort of like a ‘Thelma & Louise,’ girl empowerment video.”

On the sound of her new album“I’m reinventing myself and I feel fearless. I haven’t done R&B in a very long time. This album is rooted in R&B. The sound is different, it’s about love. It’s mature, it’s gritty, it’s edgy.”

On working with Drake on her new album.“I heard the song that Drake did and I loved it. I haven’t recorded it yet, but I’m looking forward to it because it’s such a great melody and the beat is nice. It’s a vibe that I haven’t dipped into and I think the fans would get a kick out of hearing my voice over a record like that. I’m not sure if Drake’s going to be on it but I’m a huge fan of his. His melodies are beautiful, I like the way I sound in the shower singing his songs.”

On her relationship with Frank Ocean and his work on her album.“He’s like a little brother to me. He wrote a song called ‘Scared of Beautiful’ about women who are afraid to be beautiful in their full potential as women. I’ve been there before so I know a lot of women can relate.”

On her new label deal
“R
CA reminds me of how Atlantic used to be, they really believed in my vision as an artist when they signed me at 14. RCA welcomed me and Breyon Prescott and Peter Edge showed such passion for what I wanted to do.”
 
Good to see both of them back in the Game!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers