4/8/24

The Daily Buzz For April 9☕📰☕

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER!

#MAGFAB: Robert Downey Jr. Covers ESQUIRE’s April/May Issue
He helped launch the Marvel universe (would he wear the suit again??). He finally won his Oscar. But even in the small moments, he’s always on the verge of a new revelation. “Robert Downey Jr. Doesn’t See Things the Way You Do” by Ryan D’Agostino is on Esquire.com now and in the new April/May issue, available everywhere by April 16
On how acting in The Sympathizer is different from Oppenheimer: “I knew that playing Strauss, in Oppenheimer, was going to be like picking fly sh*t out of pepper—that it was going to be extremely exacting, that it was going to be . . . not confining, but liberating by its varied implicit limitations of what my usual toolbox is. So I had a feeling that, like a coiled spring, Sympathizer would be my unwind.”

On whether he would return to the Marvel Cinematic Universe: “Happily. It’s too integral a part of my DNA. That role chose me. And look, I always say, Never, ever bet against Kevin Feige. It is a losing bet. He’s the house. He will always win.”
On the “walking couples therapy” he and his wife Susan started doing during the pandemic: “Trying to figure out where we’re at, what’s pissing us off, what are we afraid of, what do we want, what will bring us closer together, how do we measure ourselves against relationships that we define as exemplary and not be repeaters or over-emulate? How do we want to shape our life?”

Longtime friend JODIE FOSTER on what made her believe in Downey when she directed him in Home for the Holidays: “What was so interesting about him then was what a genius he was—there was more creativity in his little finger than I will ever have in my whole life—but he did not have the discipline. He was so out there that all of that wonderful talent was kind of just, like, flailing his arms in the water and making a big mess. But it was in there somewhere, right? Because now he is somebody who’s become disciplined almost as a way of surviving. I have faith in people’s ability to change if they want it, and he really wanted it.”

On the death of his father: “I think when he left this earth, his soul was light as a feather. What better thing? It was a classy as f*ck exit, I’ll tell you that much. I don’t know your experience or anyone else’s, but I think there’s a fear for any son that his father will die like a coward.”

On Jimmy Kimmel’s opening-monologue joke about him at the Oscars: “I don’t care. I love Jimmy Kimmel. I think he’s a national treasure.”

On accepting his Academy Award, onstage in front of the world: “I was just trying to hold my mud.”


#RHOA: Porsha Williams vows to be ‘transparent’ on RHOA Season 16 and is Falynn Pina returning?
Porsha Williams was excited to make her return to The Real Housewives of Atlanta as the newly minted Mrs Guobadia, but things have taken a drastic turn.
Shortly after announcing her Season 16 return, news dropped that she had filed for divorce from her husband of 15 months, Simon Guobadia.

Porsha is going into the season newly single and ready to be transparent with viewers.
The Go Naked Hair founder noted that while “life is living,” she has always been genuine with her supporters and plans to do just that once the Bravo cameras start rolling.

Meanwhile, Porsha’s former RHOA castmate and Simon’s ex-wife, Falynn Pina, has been causing a stir on social media amid news of the couple’s split.
People are convinced that producers are bringing Falynn back on the show to spar with Porsha after their messy love triangle played out for the world to see.

Porsha Williams promises to be transparent and genuine in Season 16
Porsha recently opened up to her fans during a Q&A, and most of the questions were about her return to RHOA.
Someone asked if she was nervous about being back on the show, and the Atlanta beauty confessed that initially, she was “super excited” about coming back as Mrs Guobadia.

However, after filing for divorce from Simon, Porsha “got really scared real quick.”
“Now, I’m telling y’all I honestly feel so excited, and it’s genuine,” said Porsha, adding that although “Life is living,” she wants to share her experience and be “genuine” and “transparent.”
“If you are living in your truth, I feel like that’s something to be confident about; I feel like it’s nothing to be ashamed about,” reasoned the 42-year-old.

Is Falynn Pina returning to RHOA?
Falynn Pina has been fueling speculations that she’s also returning to RHOA in Season 16, but is there any truth to that?
The mom of four has been throwing hints on social media, noting in a recent video, “I got tea coming for y’all okay? I know y’all have been waiting for me to say something.”

“So tonight I am going to dinner with my newest business partners and I can’t wait to share the news with you guys with what I’ve been working on,” Falynn teased in the clip.
Meanwhile, before you get too excited, we know what the 34-year-old has been working on, and it’s not RHOA, it’s a new reality dating show, Falling for Falynn

She shared the casting call poster on Instagram, writing, “Attention all individuals interested in finding love! We are excited to announce the casting for Falynn’s latest show, “Falling for Falynn,” hosted by @falynn.”
“Are you in search of true love? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!” she added.

The Real Housewives of Atlanta is currently on hiatus.


#MusicNews: Missy Elliott's first headlining tour, with Busta Rhymes, Ciara and Timbaland

At a 24,000-square-foot studio near downtown Los Angeles, Missy Elliott, Busta Rhymes and Ciara are preparing to film the video announcement for a tour no one saw coming.

This summer, the trio — along with legendary producer Timbaland — will hit the road for Elliott's first headlining arena tour, appropriately titled “Out of This World — The Missy Elliott Experience.”
“Listen, I didn't realize I never had my own tour,” says a smiling Elliott, holding her tiny Yorkie, named Fendi, dressed in Gucci. “The last real tour that I went on — like, consistent days — was with Beyoncé and Alicia (Keys).”

That was in 2004.
Call it long overdue, but the timing is ideal. Over the last few years, Elliott — the forward-seeking artist — has been recognized for her talents as a musician, producer, songwriter and beyond.
In 2019, she became the first female rapper inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame and received the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award at the MTV Video Music Awards. In 2021, she received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. In 2022, her hometown of Portsmouth, Virginia, named a boulevard after her. Last year, she became the first female hip-hop artist inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

“Getting those accolades, I feel like I've finally made it,” Elliott says. “It feels amazing. I feel so blessed.”
“What we’re seeing now is kind of the rest of the world catching up,” says Mona Scott-Young, Elliott's longtime manager and co-producer of the tour. “She’s always been ahead.”

In his green room, Busta Rhymes tells the AP that a tour had never come up in conversation across his decades of friendship and collaboration with Elliott. (He’s the intro and outro voice on her canonical debut album, 1997’s “Supa Dupa Fly." They’ve long since been inseparable.)

“She doesn’t really tour and she doesn’t perform often. I just kind of understood my sister — the unspoken thing,” he says. “You knew that if she decided to do this, go to the place where she was actually ready to tour, the s— was going to be crazy because one thing Missy never did was play with her production. And you saw that in everything she did, from her shows to her videos.”
He continued: “Missy will turn down $10 million to do a show. … She’s super in control of her destiny in that way, and without compromise, is what made her super incredibly great. You can’t do nothing but love her for that. She’s a true artist in the purest form of the word.”

And make no mistake, this isn’t a nostalgia tour.
“We are in the best spaces in our lives, individually and collectively, we’re at the most experienced spaces in our lives,” Rhymes says. “We’re no longer Daniel-san. We’re now all Mr. Miyagi senseis. You know what I’m saying? We’re all at our perfection levels of what we’ve been doing and building together as a collective family for 30 years.”

Elliott echoed the sentiment.
“The lineup feels something special," says Elliott. “It's family. It's not put together.”
On set, the trio are styled by longtime collaborator June Ambrose — all-black looks, like if the Avengers were impeccably dressed and made up of R&B and hip-hop legends. They take photos as a group and individually.

After her solo photo shoot, Ciara starts to tear up.
“When I was a little girl, a little artist coming up, and you would ask me, ‘Who inspires you?’ I would infuse a combination of people: Michael Jackson and Prince and I would say Missy Elliott. She’s one of the best performers of all time,” she said.

“She means a lot to me as an artist but also as a person, as a sister. She’s always someone I can call for the truth, and she’s got to keep it real with me. She’s someone I can call and cry to if I need to.”
But ask her if there will be any on-stage collaborations — Elliott wrote and was featured on Ciara's huge hit “1, 2 Step”; Ciara's on Elliott's “Lose Control” — she laughs. “Missy's very particular. I don't want to ruin any surprises,” she says. “I think from beginning to end, people will be on their feet. All of us have a lot of energetic records."

“Somebody's gonna die!" Rhymes jokes.
“And come back to life," Ciara cuts in.
“Let's keep it positive,” Rhymes laughs. “Someone is gonna die and come back to life.”

Later, Elliott offers a hint at what fans can expect from the show. “It's an experience, it's not just you seeing the artist on the stage,” she says. "I want people to travel to those moments, those (music) videos, I want you to relive it on stage. It is most definitely a lot of good, good stuff. Expensive stuff!”
The “Out of This World — The Missy Elliott Experience” kicks off in Vancouver, British Columbia, on July 4 at Rogers Arena and concludes in Rosemont, Illinois, at Allstate Arena on Aug. 22.

It will hit Seattle; Oakland, California; Los Angeles; Las Vegas; Denver; Austin, Texas; Houston; Fort Worth, Texas; Tampa, Florida; Sunrise, Florida; Atlanta; Baltimore; Hampton, Virginia; Philadelphia; Washington, D.C.; Newark, New Jersey; Boston; Brooklyn, New York; Detroit; Montreal and Toronto.

The tour is produced by Young's Monami Entertainment and Live Nation. Presale begins tomorrow, and tickets will become available to the general public on Friday.


#HipHopNews: J. Cole Shares Regret Over Taking Jabs At Kendrick Lamar On "7 Minute Drill" During Dreamville Festival
On Sunday (April 7), J. Cole publicly apologized for “7 Minute Drill,” his recently released diss track aimed at Kendrick Lamar, during his headlining performance at the Dreamville Festival.
The record, which served as the final cut on Might Delete Later, came in response to Lamar’s verse on Future and Metro Boomin’s “Like That.” During the Compton emcee’s guest appearance on the song, he rejected Cole’s “big three” notion, which included himself, Drake, and the North Carolina native.

In front of the festival crowd, Cole shared, “I’m so proud of [Might Delete Later], except for one part. It’s one part of that s**t that makes me feel like, ‘Man, that’s the lamest s**t I did in my f**kin’ life, right?’ And I know this is not what a lot of people want to hear.” He further detailed getting calls and texts pressuring him to respond to Lamar.

Cole continued, “That s**t disrupts my f**kin’ peace. So, what I want to say right here tonight is in the midst of me doing that and in that s**t, trying to find a little angle and downplay this n**ga’s f**king catalog and his greatness, I want to say right now tonight, how many people think Kendrick Lamar is one of the greatest motherf**kers to ever touch a f**kin’ microphone? Dreamville, y’all love Kendrick Lamar, correct? As do I.”

Elsewhere in his speech, the Born Sinner rapper revealed that he’s prepared to take what comes next, even if it includes Lamar issuing a response track. “I pray that my n**ga really didn’t feel no way, and if he did, my n**ga, I got my chin out. Take your best shot. I’ma take that s**t on the chin, boy. Do what you do,” he explained.
Although Cole may regret taking jabs at his “Forbidden Fruit” collaborator, fans speculated that Drake threw veiled shots at Lamar through several Instagram captions following the release of “Like That.” He also appeared to acknowledge the verse during the Sunrise, FL stop of his “It’s All A Blur Tour — Big As The What?”

“A lot of people asking me how I’m feeling. The way I’m feeling is the same way I want you to walk out of here feeling tonight about your f**king self,” the “Hotline Bling” artist said. “I got my head up high, my back straight, I’m 10 f**king toes down, and I know no matter what, there’s not a n**ga on this Earth that can ever f**k with me in my life.”


Terrence Howard Details His Allegations In Lawsuit Against CAA

Terrence Howard has detailed his claims of inadequate pay against the Creative Arts Agency (CAA).
Speaking on Straight Talk with host Daphne Phaneē, the 55-year-old actor, wearing a grey suit and orange, blown-out wig, elaborated on his experience in the interview published last month.

“I had an issue at Fox and Disney because…the image that you see of us on Empire, profile, that came from a still shot from Hustle & Flow,” accused Howard. “They took that, flipped that, and put it on everything. They took the trademark of it, sold it around the world, didn’t ask my permission…That image is worth $100 million at least for how much money that they made from it. We got a forensic photographer to find the actual frame.”

He continued, “CAA, they represented me. They also represented some of the people from Big Bang Theory. They also did the deal with Fox. My show was with Fox, the people from Big Bang was with Fox. We had 28 million viewers. They had 11 million viewers. They were getting $2 million, damn near $3 million an episode. Those white kids...that had no name recognition, no Oscar nominations, none of that. We have 28 million viewers, and these jokers are paying me $325,000 an episode.”

“Every year, I’m asking my agents what’s going on … I didn’t know that the packaging deal… my agents were incentivized to keep my pay low,” the Lullaby Acor claimed. “They owe me over $120 million based on what would’ve been paid to white counterparts, so now I’m in the process of suing them.

He continued to allege, “When I asked about my money, they sent me a check for $666 dollars….666 exactly…So I was like, y’all trying to threaten me. This is a threat right here. And y’all think I’m scared? Y’all think I’m going to be quiet? Because I wonder what you’re doing to every other Black artist.”

The lawsuit was first announced in December 2023, acknowledging that Howard’s pay started at $125,000 and peaked at $325,000 per episode.
“Mr. Howard will be filing a lawsuit based upon the duties his agents simply failed, time and time again,” shared attorney James Bryant of the Cochran Law Firm, at the time.
“This is a man who was the lead actor to, once again, one of the most successful television shows in network history where Fox was making over $125 million a year in just ad revenue alone. This man was being underpaid time and time again.”

Last month, Howard was ordered to pay $903,115 in back taxes, interest, and penalties. According to Deadline,  Howard allegedly threatened a Justice Department lawyer and claimed that it is “immoral for the United States government to charge taxes to the descendants of slaves.”

This point was also discussed in the nearly two-hour conversation with Daphne Phaneē. They also discussed his mathematic and scientific theories, religion, divorce, and domestic violence.


Beyoncé Earns Eighth No. 1 Album With Cowboy Carter
Beyoncé has topped the Billboard charts once again. Cowboy Carter debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200, marking the biggest sales for an album so far in 2024, and No. 1 on the Top Country Albums chart, making Beyoncé the first Black woman ever to debut at the summit, reports Billboard. This is the eighth time Beyoncé’s had a solo album reach No. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart.

Cowboy Carter debuted with 407,000 equivalent album units earned in the United States in the week ending April 4, according to Luminate. Of that number, 232,000 units are from streaming (which Billboard notes was Beyoncé’s biggest streaming week ever), 168,000 are traditional album sales, and 7,000 are track equivalent albums. All of those helped Cowboy Carter scoop up the best sales week for a country album since last July, when Taylor Swift’s Speak Now landed at the top with 716,000 copies.

After teasing the album as Act II with a Verizon commercial during the Super Bowl LVIII broadcast, Beyoncé shared just two songs from Cowboy Carter: “Texas Hold ’Em” and “16 Carriages.” Dolly Parton, Willie Nelson, and Linda Martell make guest appearances on the album, while Miley Cyrus, Post Malone, and Tanner Adell all sing on tracks. Beyoncé recently shared the full list of credits for Cowboy Carter, which notes additional collaborations with Pharrell Williams, Jon Batiste, Nile Rodgers, Raphael Saadiq, Jay-Z, The-Dream, and Ryan Tedder.

Beyoncé covers the Beatles’ “Blackbird” and Dolly Parton’s “Jolene” on Cowboy Carter. Paul McCartney praised her cover of his 1968 ballad, saying, “I am so happy with Beyoncé’s version of my song ‘Blackbird’. I think she does a magnificent version of it and it reinforces the civil rights message that inspired me to write the song in the first place.”
Renaissance, the seventh studio album by Beyoncé, came out in July 2022. It was originally billed as Act I: Renaissance, implying future releases would follow suit. While the album never got traditional music videos, there was a “cliquebait” clip for “Break My Soul,” a “brand campaign anthem film” for Tiffany & Co. featuring “Summer Renaissance,” and a concert film that played in theaters worldwide. Renaissance: A Film by Beyoncé was the No. 1 movie in the United States during its debut weekend and, as of January 11, raised over $44.4 million worldwide.

Last year, Beyoncé broke the record for the most Grammys won by an artist in the award show’s history after taking home four trophies that night. “Break My Soul” was nominated for Record of the Year, Song of the Year, and Best Dance/Electronic Recording at the 2023 Grammy Awards, but Beyoncé won only the latter, causing some controversy. On the Cowboy Carter track “Sweet ★ Honey ★ Buckiin,’” she references her storied history with the Grammy Awards, singing, “A-O-T-Y, I ain’t win/I ain’t stuntin’ ’bout them/Take that shit on the chin.”


Jonathan Majors Sentenced To 52-Week Domestic Violence Intervention Program

Jonathan Majors has officially been sentenced to a year of in-person counseling. The Marvel actor was convicted of reckless assault in the third degree and harassment in December 2023, and he is required to attend a domestic violence intervention program for 52 weeks.

In regards to potential employment opportunities, Majors’ attorneys asked for the possibility to conduct some sessions virtually. “We are optimistic that Mr. Majors will work in the film industry again soon,” the attorneys said according to The Hollywood Reporter. Judge Michael Gaffey said his attorneys can file with the court to ask for the virtual sessions when the opportunities arise.

The charges stem from an incident on March 25, 2023, when Majors was riding in a car with his then-girlfriend, Grace Jabbari. She accused him of physically and verbally abusing her, and later on pressed charges. Legal documents accuse Majors of assault, battery, malicious prosecution, defamation, and “intentional infliction of emotional abuse.” The lawsuit claims “a pattern of pervasive domestic abuse that began in 2021 and extended through 2023.”

After Majors was found guilty, the 34-year-old was dropped by Marvel Entertainment. He had a reoccurring role as Kang the Conquerer, appeared in Ant-Man: Quantuamania and Loki, and was set to appear in the upcoming Avengers: Kang Dynasty.
That move created a domino effect, as his film Magazine Dreams was dropped by Searchlight Pictures and he also lost his role in Dennis Rodman’s biopic.

At the top of 2024, the 34-year-old broke his silence on the verdict, telling ABC News that he was “shocked and afraid” by the jury’s decision. After a run-in with TMZ, Majors seemed unfazed and said he’s “relying on faith.”
When asked about his thoughts following the guilty verdict, the Lovecraft Country actor smiled and said, “God is good.” He later credited “prayer and faith” for helping him remain positive. The conversation was swiftly shut down after the interviewer touched on the more sensitive topic of his acting career. She asked about his return and while walking away, Majors responded, “That’s enough for now.”


'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' Star Stephanie Beatriz Remembers Late Co-Star Andre Braugher After Cast Reunion
Stephanie Beatriz has opened up about a recent reunion with the "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" cast, where they gathered to remember their late co-star, Andre Braugher. Braugher, who played Captain Holt during the show's eight-season run from 2013 to 2021, passed away in December 2023 at the age of 61 from lung cancer.

Beatriz, alongside Andy Samberg, Terry Crews, Melissa Fumero, and Chelsea Peretti, reunited in March to honor Braugher's memory. "It was a chance for all of us to get together and make each other laugh," Beatriz told People. "And it was also a chance to talk about Andre."

The castmates shared stories and memories of Braugher, who they said will always hold a special place in their hearts. "He lives in our hearts forever and ever," said Beatriz.
Terry Crews also spoke about the reunion, saying that it was a time to "reminisce and just think about how special our time together was." Crews shared a photo of the gathering on Instagram, which included other cast members such as Joe Lo Truglio, Joel McKinnon Miller, and Dirk Blocker. The caption read, "We laughed. We cried a little. We reminisced. We laughed some more. Nine Nine Forever."

After Braugher's passing, the cast and crew of "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" expressed their grief and paid tribute to the actor on social media. Peretti wrote, "I will always cherish our conversations... I really hoped and knew I would see you again. Hate that I won't." Marc Evan Jackson, who played Braugher's onscreen husband, shared a photo of them together with the caption, "O Captain. My Captain."

Despite the loss of their beloved co-star, the Brooklyn Nine-Nine cast remains close friends. "We all love each other very dearly," said Beatriz. "I'll never let those people go. They can try and get rid of me, but it's not going to happen."


Steve Burns Responds To 'Quiet On Set' Docuseries On Nickleodeon Abuse

Steve Burns, the beloved former host of "Blue's Clues", has expressed his heartbreak over the disturbing allegations made in the Investigation Discovery docuseries "Quiet on Set: The Dark Side of Kids TV".
In a recent interview with TODAY.com, Burns shared his thoughts on the allegations that former Nickelodeon dialogue coach Brian Peck sexually abused Drake Bell.

"I don't have any particular insight into any of that," Burns said, referring to the specific allegations. "I'm coming to it much the same as anyone else, with horror and heartbreak. It's just terrible to watch it unfold."
Burns emphasized his distress over the resurfacing of traumatic memories for victims. "It's got to be so unfathomably painful," he said. "The fact that this is now what everyone's talking about at the watercooler, it just breaks my heart."
Burns went on to note that "Nick Jr. and Nickelodeon [programming] were so different," with separate operations and no overlap between the shows they produced. He clarified that "Blue's Clues" was part of Nick Jr., a morning block aimed at preschoolers, while Nickelodeon primarily targeted kids and teens.

Following the release of "Quiet on Set", Nickelodeon issued a statement stating that they investigate all formal complaints as part of their commitment to a safe and professional workplace environment.
Burns has recently gained viral attention on TikTok for his "check-in" videos, where he simply talks to the camera. Many fans took his March 20 video, posted shortly after the docuseries premiered, as an opportunity to share their reactions to the allegations.


Azealia Banks urges Lil Nas X and Tyler, the Creator to hook up
Never one to avoid speaking her mind, Azealia Banks has taken to Instagram to implore Lil Nas X and Tyler, the Creator to become a “power couple”.

“I really think Tyler the creator and lil nas x should get over their obsession with broke white bussy and become a power couple,” she wrote in a statement on Instagram this weekend (April 7). “It would be way more monumental to see to [sic] young black gay men as an item. Even just for aesthetic reasons. The idea of spending the extra hardly earned black male dollars on some cheap white buss is extra whack.”

She continued her argument below the image in a very, very long caption, in which she argued that Lil Nas X should stop working with “weird white creative directors who obviously have no point of references of respect for the nuance, sheer musical opulence and political groundwork laid out for him to inherit.”

In a seemingly unrelated digression, she also took aim at the music industry for celebrating sex traffickers “being celebrated for their masculinity and heralded as black inspirations when their [sic] all just drug/ sex addicts who SUCK Each others [sic] dick, then murder one another with no remorse then have sooooo much to say about police violence, meanwhile being the ones destroying the community.”

The question is, will Lil Nas X and Tyler the Creator take Banks’ advice? Their reaction was mixed. Tyler replied to her post on Instagram, saying simply: “lmfao what the hell.” Maybe Azealia’s advice needed more time to sink in…
As for Lil Nas X, an alleged screenshot that purports to show him replying, in a since-deleted tweet, with “Azealia Banks is right! Me and Tyler SHOULD fuck!” While it does seem like his style of humour, we could not verify the authenticity of this tweet. Still, maybe this could be the beginning of a beautiful romance.


9-1-1’s Oliver Stark Doesn’t Care If You Have a Problem with Buck’s Gay Kiss

Oliver Stark, who plays Buck on ABC’s 9-1-1 took to social media following the series’s 100th episode, sharing that he’s “humbled and overwhelmed” by the positive response to his character’s surprise (to some) same-sex kiss. While Buck has been a part of the first responder procedural for all seven seasons, this latest episode is the first official exploration of the character’s bisexuality, by way of a kiss shared with his new friend Tommy (Louis Ferrigno Jr.).

“I’ve read so many of your messages and I couldn’t be prouder,” he wrote in an Instagram story, before addressing the concurrent negative reaction as well. “If you are one of the smaller group of people commenting on my posts about how this has ruined the show, I would like you to know that I truly don’t care. This is a show about love and inclusion. It’s featured queer relationships from the very beginning, including a beautiful Black lesbian marriage played out by two of the best actresses I’ve ever watched. If one other character finding a new facet to his sexuality and realizing his bisexuality is your deal breaker — I fear you’ve missed the entire point of the show.”

Naturally, this storyline was all playing out in an episode that also featured a wannabe Bachelor contestant supergluing herself to the Bachelor Mansion driveway in front of Joey Graziadei.

 
Russell Simmons Has A Message For Daughter Aoki After Her 65-Year-Old Boyfriend Revealed
Aoki Lee Simmons, model, Harvard graduate and daughter of Kimora Lee Simmons and Russell Simmons, had the internet in a frenzy recently when news broke that the 21-year-old is dating restaurateur Vittorio Assaf, 65, after they were spotted kissing on the beach in St. Barts. In a Live video before their relationship was revealed, Aoki talked about her “boyfriend” surprising her with a trip to the Caribbean island.

Her father wasn’t mute on the matter as he penned a note to his daughter on Instagram.
“Throw back from last fathers day nyc …bode bikram yoga express class .. vegan lunch cryotherapy vitamin drip … all around amazing day ❤️ @aokileesimmons love you always i’m always waiting for a call any time,” he wrote in a caption under an image of himself and Aoki all smiles. It seems this was Russell’s way of showing moral support amid the criticism Aoki is dealing with.

But people in the comments also criticized the embattled entrepreneur and record exec, assuming that he messaged her on social media versus calling Aoki and offering support to her directly. A social media user who commented on the post said, “Call her, even if she doesn’t answer.”

Simmons replied, “what makes you think I don’t? Of course I call both of my daughters daily.”
Fans may have assumed the father-daughter duo don’t speak considering the public blowout they had last summer about the entrepreneur cutting his kids off financially. Aoki also took to social media and accused her dad of harassment during the time.
“I’ve had enough… I was always a daddy’s girl. You can see that in any picture. But he’s been awful to me for years and that’s just the truth,” she said in 2023. “It’s like talking to a cruel child or something, and no he does not support me financially.” She also accused Simmons of giving her panic attacks, which caused her to be placed on emergency medication

That said, social media users dug up an old chat between Aoki and Russell where the Harvard grad threatened to get a sugar daddy if he didn’t increase her allowance.

During the chat, Simmons looked surprised and asked Aoki to repeat what she said. The model then said she was only joking. “You’re not gonna do any of that,” Russell said at the time. “God is watching you.”
Kimora also seemingly responded to the controversy, sharing a humorous clip of a mother panda bear dragging their baby with the caption, “On my last nerve right now!”

As for Aoki, she quietly addressed the situation with an Instagram Story. After her phone was blowing up she posted a picture with the caption, “Errr well now I know why folks were calling me.”


Ricky Martin appears to get an erection on stage at Madonna concert

Ricky Martin appeared to be super excited by Madonna's dancers shaking their bon-bons all up on him.
Madonna welcomed the 52-year-old on stage during a performance of "Vogue" at Sunday night's Celebration tour stop in Miami — and, judging by fan-captured videos from the concert shared online, Martin seemingly grew aroused by the dancers' sensual grinding in front of him.

Another video Martin shared to social media also appeared to show his alleged arousal during the moment. Shortly after taking the stage, Martin sat in one of two silver chairs to help Madonna judge the ballroom portion of the show, which typically sees the singer-songwriter's dancers strut down a runway to receive scores from which Madonna and a rotating roster of celebrity guest judges.

"Thank you @Madonna my love! Always fun to be invited to the party!" Martin tweeted alongside the video. "You all, CAN’T MISS THIS SHOW!"
Martin revealed earlier this year on an episode of Live With Kelly and Mark that he first met Madonna in 1999 following his performance at the Grammys, and the pair have remained friends ever since.

Other celebrities who've joined Madonna for the "Vogue" portion of the show include Julia Garner — who was initially hired to play Madonna in the star's delayed, self-directed biopic — RuPaul's Drag Race stars Sapphira Cristál, Plane Jane, Symone, and Monét X Change, and David Harbour, who starred in Madonna's 2011 directorial effort W.E.


‘The Talk’ Co-Hosts Fear Job Loss After New Black Soap Opera Debuts
*The panelists on “The Talk” reportedly fear their jobs are on the line as CBS prepares to debut the first Black soap opera in over three decades.
According to RadarOnline, an insider told the National Enquirer… “Behind the scenes, tension on The Talk is at an all-time high” between co-hosts Akbar Gbajabiamila, Amanda Kloots, Natalie Morales, Jerry O’Connell and Sheryl Underwood.

According to the tea spiller, the network no longer prioritizes the daytime talk show. The advertising budget was allegedly reduced amid tanking ratings.
The insider explained that “The Talk” could be canceled if  the forthcoming new Black soap “is a hit.”

We reported that CBS is developing “The Gates,” a soap opera about a wealthy Black family living in a posh, gated community.
George Cheeks, CBS CEO and chief content officer for news and sports at Paramount+, recently discussed the genesis of “The Gates” and the creative team behind the series.
The new soap will be a collaborative effort between CBS Studios/NAACP production venture and P&G Studios, a division of Procter & Gamble. Emmy-winner Michele Val Jean will pen the series and assume the role of showrunner. Jean has worked on over 2,000 episodes of daytime TV.

Cheeks told Vulture that “The Gates” is being developed with Sheila Ducksworth, president of the CBS/NAACP Production Venture, which develops content for the CBS Television Network and increases the visibility of Black artists.
“When we hired Sheila Ducksworth to run the NAACP venture, she and I had multiple meetings talking about what different genres she was going to lean into, and we talked a lot about daytime,” Cheeks explained.

“One of the things that the data made very clear to both of us is that daytime soap operas over index with Black women, and yet when you look at soap operas, it’s usually sort of a white-led family with supporting characters that reflect more of our society,” Cheeks continued. “So we just thought, wouldn’t it be interesting to flip that and make the core anchor family a Black family, and then make the other characters reflect more the broader scope of society?”

The network has not provided further details on the expected air date for the show.


Keyshia Cole and Hunxho Stir Up Dating Buzz After Nightclub Sighting

This weekend, the rumor mill was buzzing with whispers of a new celebrity pairing, Keyshia Cole and Hunxho. The duo was spotted hitting up a nightclub together, sparking speculation and chatter among fans. However, it’s important to note that these dating rumors are still unconfirmed, and this nightclub outing remains the sole piece of “evidence” fueling the gossip.

Interestingly, Hunxho is no stranger to the rumor mill himself. He previously made headlines after appearing in a video with Sexyy Red, which led to a flurry of online speculation about his dating life. Yet, no conclusive evidence emerged from that episode either.

Keyshia Cole has been navigating her own share of drama, particularly with rapper O.T. Genasis. After a public feud in 2019 during which O.T. Genasis made controversial comments about Cole’s late mother, the two seemingly made peace. O.T. Genasis extended an apology to Cole during a live performance, an apology she accepted despite her family’s reservations about its sufficiency.

In other news, while Keyshia Cole recently paid tribute to her late mother with the announcement of a new album at a Los Angeles show, Hunxho found himself stepping in as a last-minute addition to the Dreamville Fest lineup, filling in for Chris Brown and Muni Long alongside 50 Cent. The festival has been praised for its stellar performances, leaving fans wondering if the nightclub outing of Cole and Hunxho might be related to their respective professional engagements or if it’s perhaps an older clip that’s just now catching the public’s eye.

As these dating rumors swirl, the question on everyone’s lips is whether there’s a real romance blooming between Keyshia Cole and Hunxho, or if this will end up being another fleeting rumor reminiscent of the Sexyy Red situation. What’s your take on the potential new couple in the spotlight?


Model Jade Ramey Linked to Diddy Breaks Silence on Scandalous Lawsuit Allegations
In the whirlwind of controversy surrounding Sean “Diddy” Combs, model Jade Ramey is stepping forward to share her side of the story after her name surfaced in a lawsuit filed by music producer Rodney “Lil Rod” Jones against the renowned music mogul.

Represented by her publicist, Eve Sarkisyan from YES Public Relations, Ramey made her voice heard in a statement to ET, addressing the claims head-on. “Dating someone doesn’t directly correlate to any of the false allegations made,” she asserts, challenging the accusations lodged in Jones’ lawsuit which described her as one of “the women who … were paid a monthly fee to work as Mr. Combs’ sex workers.”

Ramey’s words strike a chord, emphasizing the distinction between personal relationships and unfounded allegations. “Yes, I dated someone. But linking that to the false allegations is unjust,” she elaborated. Her statement sheds light on the broader issue of how relationships and personal life choices are scrutinized and misconstrued in the public eye. “It’s disheartening that genuine care and affection can be dragged through the mud, subject to public scrutiny and entertainment.”

She calls for a shift in societal attitudes towards more empathy and understanding, especially concerning discussions around personal lives and relationships. Ramey expresses gratitude towards those who have shown support during this tumultuous period, “I appreciate the kindness and support from everyone during this time. Thank you.”
In the legal battle, Jones accuses Diddy of providing a monthly stipend not only to Ramey but also to City Girls rapper Yung Miami and 50 Cent’s ex, Daphne Joy, who has also publicly denied these allegations, calling them “categorically false.”


AND FINALLY FROM “THE CRAZY PEOPLE SHOPPING AT WALMART” FILES
She Got Startled

By What?

HAVE A GREAT DAY ALL!!!
EFREM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers