11/19/15

Mary Mary’s Erica Campbell Speaks out On LGBTQ’s In the Church!



Mary Mary’s Erica Campbell On LGBTQ’s In the Church: Sin Is Sin & God FORGIVES!
The controversial topic of LGBTQ folks in the church doesn’t seem to be going anywhere anytime soon. Just last week, gospel artist Kirk Franklin apologized to the gay community, on behalf of the church, saying he feels like oftentimes they were negatively judged. And now gospel artist Erica Campbell is addressing the issue. In a recent press conference, she was asked by Team Curtains how she felt about transsexuals and gays within gospel and the church. To this she responded:

"I believe sin is sin and it exists and God forgives it just like everything else. I think our responsibility is to keep singing about Jesus. Keep telling the world he loves, saves, transforms and heals. I know there’s a lot of different conversations about the origins and the why’s and the how’s and I wish I had the answers to it, but I do not. But what I do know is that the Bible says that God so loved the world — it didn’t say the heterosexual or the homosexual; it didn’t say the Christian, the saved or the unsaved. It said for God so loved the world that he gave his only son, that whosoever should believe in him, should not parish but have everlasting life. So that’s the only thing I can stay confident in. I rest on the word of God. I stand on the word of God. And we will all stand before him. And God won’t ask me my opinion. He won’t ask the people their opinion. We’ll have a one-on-one with the father."

She continues: eep sharing, keep loving, keep opening the doors of our churches, keep embracing and let God do the changing. I think a lot of times we try to be God. We try to make the change. Everybody has an issue. Sometimes peoples [issue] is a little more flamboyant than others. Maybe yours is lying and we can’t see your issue. We all have something to work on…My job is to love, not to judge.

WATCH:
I totally agree! Your Thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. That is true the word also says Love and Kindness have I drawn thee. Jesus speaks about this by his word these are the two that stands out 1) King James Bible-Luke 6:42
    "Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye"
    2) Matthew 7:1-3 KJV
    "Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you"
    We all have to follow the laws of Jesus and his commandments, and not be like the Pharisees, Sadducces or the Scribes, there's only one God and he share his glory with no man.Thank you Erica for sharing your views and thoughts in the Christian-dom Arena, I have seen a lot of wrongness in the houses of God, but the Lord fought the battle, for it is not ours to take this is the Lord's doing. We can warn each other of our sins but not to the point it's out of character, not doing it out of love or compassion. The Bible says don't grieve the Holy Spirit. No matter what walk of life we are we are all still filthy rags!-Commented By-Michelle Washington

    ReplyDelete

Followers