8/26/15

The Daily Buzz For Aug 27



Lady Gaga Covers Entertainment Weekly In “American Horror Story” Garb!
It’s going to be another amazing season of “American Horror Story,” and thanks to Lady Gaga, the “Hotel” chapter might just be the best yet.
The “Edge of Glory” songstress is featured on the front of Entertainment Weekly magazine, all done up in her character’s wardrobe. Mother Monster gushed, “I’ve just been weeping while I’m here because I have returned to something I’ve believed in so much, which is the art of darkness. It’s not something that everyone understands, but, for the people that do — Horror Story fans, my fans — there is a true connection between us, and it’s a language within itself.”
And it sounds like Gaga was determined to score the gig, as creator Ryan Murphy recalled, “I was at a construction site and my phone rang. I didn’t recognize the number. [I answer and] I hear ‘Please hold for Gaga.’ I think ‘Bad Romance’ was playing [while I was on hold]. Then she got on the phone. At first I thought it was a prank, but we then had a lovely call.” Lady Gaga added, “I called him and I said, ‘Ryan, I wanna be on Horror Story.’ And he goes, ‘Okay.’ And that was it.”


The Vanishing of LUCIOUS and the Rise of COOKIE? Terrence Howard's "Empire" Role Reportedly REDUCED Over Personal Drama
WOW, After brutal photos of Terrence Howard's battered ex-wife Michelle Ghent went viral, along with lurid details of their drug-infused sexcapades - we knew it was a matter of time before his work suffered. Now there are reports that Lee Daniels and the execs at FOX have decided to reduce Terrence's on-screen "Empire" scenes.
A source told Page Six that Terrence will be seen a lot less due to his recent divorce drama and numerous prior allegations of domestic abuse.

“What they are doing is two-fold,” said the source. “They have him locked up so you won’t be seeing him in as many scenes. But they are bringing in so many, and I mean so many, guest stars and cameos that the average viewer won’t realize it because there is so much going on.”
You'll recall that previous posts have revealed that Mariah Carey, Pitbull, Chris Rock, Ludacris, Alicia Keys, Lenny Kravitz and Marisa Tomei have been confirmed to appear as guest stars on the upcoming season.

But wait....there's more. Terrence's loss could be a real win for Taraji P Henson. With Lucious off in cell block 4, Taraji's role as Cookie Lyon will be pushed to the forefront, the insider adds.  “She’s going to start dropping off from the flashback scenes and then they’re going to have her guns blazing.”

While Fox had no official comment on the matter,And we would love more Cookie don’t mess og chemistry due to personal reasons. But what are your thoughts?


Is Janet’s New CD really coming in October?
Icon Janet Jackson has fans and the industry at large waiting for details on her new studio album.
And with the launch of her ‘Unbreakable World Tour’ merely days away, some tea has begun trickling out about the LP powering the global trek.
Last week, multiple sources touted October 2nd as the scheduled release date for the project

Now, additional industry pubs are confirming the news. Hits Daily Double have a Janet album, titled ‘Unbreakable,’ listed for a retail roll-out on the same date.
We continue to hear whispers of a release, but – as Ms. Jackson continues to say – we we’ll have to wait to hear it from her lips… But look also Monica's new CD gets released the same day. So what say Ye?


So Marlo Hampton will have an Increased Role on R.H.o.A?
NeNe Leakes left a huge hole in the Real Housewives of Atlanta cast when she walked away from the reality show earlier this year.
Now insiders claim Marlo Hampton has been tapped to pick up the slack…

Sources tell The Real Mr. Housewife that Marlo, “is going to be back full time,” this season.

Will Marlo be enough to make viewers forget about Nene?


Mario Announces New Album ‘Never 2 Late’ + Drops New Single ‘Forever’
As he gears up for the release of a new album, Mario unleashes a new single, “Forever,” featuring Rick Ross. After an opener from Rozay, the R&B crooner sings to his woman; telling her he’s never letting go, if she’s never letting go. “I want this forever,” he declares.

The song will serve as the lead single from Mario’s fifth studio album, Never 2 Late, due November 27. The project will be executive produced by Scott Storch.

Listen:
Thoughts?


Laverne Cox Talks OITNB, Being A Transgender Activist & Her New Film ‘Grandma’
Named one of People Magazine’s Most Beautiful People of 2015, and popularly known for her role as Sopia Burset on the hit show Orange is the New Black, Laverne Cox has truly been a force to be reckoned with. Laverene recently chatted with Yahoo Style, dishing about her feelings on the story line for season 3 ‘OITNB’; being an activist for the transgender community; Twitter feuds and her new film, Grandma. Peep a few excerpts.
How she felt about the OITNB story line for season 3:
I was nervous that trans people watching it would be triggered. I didn’t want to re-traumatize anyone, but, well, this is the reality that a lot of trans women are experiencing right now, so it was incumbent upon me to honor that an allow those spirits to enter me.

It felt more like channeling than acting, opening myself up to what it feels like to experience that violence, that degradation, the injustice related to solitary confinement and no accountability for the people who attacked me or the guards who let it happen.
She says that she understands how things are with being a transgender woman along with success thus far:
I understand that my rise, if you will, has happened at a specific time culturally…It’s a confluence of a lot of things around diversity and racial politics, and it’s about a whole community of trans people speaking up and being more vocal about who they are…

On her new film Grandma:
The film humanizes the experience of someone dealing with an unwanted pregnancy. Abortion shouldn’t be politicized. It’s about women going through one of the most difficult decisions they’ll ever have to make.
At times questioning her success:
I have moments when I’m like, Do I deserve this, even as hard as I’ve worked? Am I doing enough? What’s next? Will I lose it all quickly? Luckily, I’ve been so busy I haven’t had time to think about it too much until this summer, when I’ve had a little more time to breathe.

Click here rest of her interview here.


Dez Bryant To Appear On The Cover Of ‘Rolling Stone’ Magazine
According to a pic he shared on Instagram, Dez Bryant is taking over as cover star for the latest issue of Rolling Stone. The Dallas Cowboys wide receiver gives a glimpse of his washboard abs, rockin’ only shoulder pads in the image.

His article in the magazine’s upcoming NFL Special issue is titled, “The Trials and Triumphs of Dez Bryant.”
 “I’m blessed and no one in this world can take that away from me…,” he wrote. “I wouldn’t change a inch of me for the world… God wanted me this way.. so I embrace it and try to be a strong example for the ones who struggle and think it’s never a way….thank you @rollingstone for sharing the real Dez Bryant.”
Additionally, when he witched agents and signed with Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sports late last year, Dez said it’s all about branding himself, and being an icon for children:

It’s about me branding myself and being an icon for these kids. I come from dirt, and every day I’m writing my story and it’s getting better. I’m not a celebrity, man. God blessed me with a gift and I’m trying my best to take full advantage of it each and every day, and try to stay as positive as I can because I know young ones are watching me, including [my] own.

Check out a cute pic the WR shared of him and his son (who accompanied him at practice) here:
Glad I’m an Eagles Fan!


Tia Mowry Throws Shade at Nicki Minaj
Actress Tia Mowry throws a rock at Nicki Minaj then tries to hide her hands…

Yesterday Tia Mowry posted a meme on Instgram using Denise Huxtable and Nicki Minaj to illustrate the difference between herself and other girls.
Naturally that didn't sit well with Nicki Minaj fans and other ratchets who proceeded to drag Tia for absolute blood and bone.
Tia later amended the caption to read, "Not that there's anything wrong with the "other girls." "Get it girls!! But this is so ME! P.S. Nobody is shaming anybody either! 

Please don't read into it! Gesh!" before deleting the post altogether.


CARTOON CONTROVERSY: Powerful Critique of Police Brutality or Just Racist?
Atlantans are divided over whether a new piece of street art in the Georgia capital is a statement of racism or a critique of police brutality.
The graffiti piece references classic Looney Toons characters and depicts Elmer Fudd in a police uniform instead of hunting gear, passing a sign that reads “Negro Season” instead of “Rabbit Season.
Atlanta police are investigating controversial graffiti that was left on a side of a city building.
“I think it’s offensive to anyone. It’s sickening,” said Atlanta police Sgt. Greg Lyon. “I don’t think of Atlanta as that type of city.”
According to a police incident report, the graffiti popped up sometime overnight Friday and stayed up all weekend long.

In a climate where across the country, relationships between police and the black community are increasingly strained by deadly encounters, the graffiti has raised questions about its intention.

“Clearly people have a First Amendment right to express their opinion about whatever they want, draw pictures, do whatever they want,” Lyon said. “But if you’re going to do that, you need to do it on your own property. Don’t do it on someone else’s property. It’s against the law.”


Rapper Lil B To Try His Hand At D League Basketball
So you think you can ball? Lil B does. After his Based God Curse rocked Kevin Durant and James Harden, the Bay Area rapper wants to try taking things Above The Rim.
Lil B first expressed his interest in joining the pros when he tried out for the Warriors D-League in 2012.  Then came his track "Gotta Make The NBA" which appeared on his 2014 mixtape, "Hoop Life". On verse two he raps, "Jeremy Lin, he made it from the D-League. So if I'm correct imma follow his steps. One life to live, I'm gonna be a Baller, yes!"  The Philadelphia 76ers' D-League team, the Delaware 87ers, caught wind of the track and invited the rapper out to try out.

"Hey @LILBTHEBASEDGOD come tryout for the #87ers in September! #TYBG," the Sevens tweeted. Lil B happily accepted the invite, replying, "tryout invite accepted see you there!! Philly here I come thanks to your front office for keeping your word!"
So, on September 19th, Lil B who stands at 5'6" tall will be taking his talents to the hardwood. Do you think he has what it takes to make it


Confirmed: NeNe Leakes To Host ‘Fashion Police’
It’s been confirmed, NeNe Leakes will join E!’s FashionPolice and will take a seat alongside Melissa Rivers, Brad Goreski and Giuliana Rancic.

The former Real Housewives of Atlanta star confirmed the big news on her blog Wednesday morning in a post titled: Making Joan Proud:
“I’m honored to sit next to @mel_rivers on Monday for #FashionPolice as she takes her mom seat for the very first time. Joan gave me some great career advice one day while I was there co-hosting and I have never forgotten her words! Tune in MONDAY to E and catch us readdddd these girls fashions hunni from the VMA’s red carpet #lifeofnene #makingjoanproud #VMAS #FP #E.”

NeNe appeared as a guest host several times on past seasons and clearly becomes a fan fave.
FP first hit airwaves back in September 2010 with Joan Rivers, Giuliana Rancic, George Kotsiopoulos and Kelly Osbourne. Following the death of Rivers in September 2014, the show brought on Kathy Griffin to proceed the late comedian and hired Goreski  to take the place of Kotsiopoulos.
In February 2015, Osbourne announced her departure from the hit fashion series and just one month later, Griffin announced she too was stepping down. The network announced the show would return in September 2015 after they figure out the best way to revamp the popular program.

The new season will premiere on August 31 for only six episodes.


AND FINALLY FROM “THE CRAZY PEOPLE SHOPPING AT WALMART” FILES
ZERO F*CKS GIVEN
Total amount of f*cks given today = 0. Deal with it.


HAVE A GREAT DAY ALL!!!
EFREM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers