2/5/15

Was Kelly Price Insensitive to Bobbi Kristina for having a Pre Grammy Party?


Is Kelly Price Being Insensitive to Bobbi Kristina by celebrating For The Love of R&B?
The producer responsible for the annual pre-Grammy party where Whitney Houston last performed before her tragic death three years ago is accusing R&B singer Kelly Price of being insensitive for not canceling the party this year out of respect for Bobbi Kristina and her family… 

Promoter Jason Lee blasts Kelly Price in a lengthy diatribe in Instagram.
Jason writes, 
In 2012 I was honored to have produced the event that has notably become the final performance and appearance of the late and great Whitney Houston. Hosting Whitney and her daughter Bobbi Kristina was such an amazing honor that I decided to keep the legacy of Whitney alive during the Grammy's in an honor that has delivered beyond my expectations.
With the current news of Bobbi Kristina, out of respect for the family, I decided to cancel this year's celebration - similar to how I felt Clive Davis should have done the night Whitney died.

It's been brought to my attention several times from celebrity and industry friends, sponsors, and fans that the platform, FOR THE LOVE OF R&B that I've spent a lot of time, energy, and my own money into has been hijacked AGAIN by Kelly Price. While I can understand that creativity and opportunities don't always come to folks the way they come to me, I would at least expect a successful songwriter like Kelly Price to know how inappropriate or tasteless it is to steal someone else's ideas and brand. It's evidenced in her naming the event, "2nd Annual For The Love Of R&B" when it's now the 4th Annual.... It's clear to me that there is no consideration for me, Whitney's legacy, or the hard work that has gone into preserving this platform but with the current crisis the family is in with Bobbi Kristina's health you'd think this mean girl would cancel the party. However since there will most likely be a red carpet to keep her name in the news, Kelly Price, like Clive Davis will take a "the show must go on" attitude that delivers nothing less than the exploitation she's looking for.
While I wish Kelly and I could have maintained a partnership to support R&B music where the throwback generation could be fused with the new aged more modern sound of this important generation, I didn't think that she would stoop this low.
Kelly Price is a bully. Period. And if you ever saw her on R&B Divas just know that the person you saw is the same person who is having a party this year to "honor Whitney" while her daughter is fighting for her life.

DISGUSTING.
NOTE: THIS EVENT BEING HELD THIS YEAR TITLED FOR THE LOVE OF R&B IS NOT MY PARTY.

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. What a disgrace i lost a lot of respect for kelly price after R&B divas last season so distasteful what a shame.

    ReplyDelete

Followers