11/13/14

C.O.G.I.C "Delivered" Man Andrew Caldwell STANDS BY his Deliverance!



"Delivered" Man Andrew Caldwell SPEAKS OUT -- Says Viral Clip Was Not Planned...Stands By "Not Being Gay Anymore"...And Wants A Sponsor
By now, many folks have seen Andrew Caldwell at the COGIC 107th Holy Convocation where he steps before the church as asks for "more" deliverance.  He goes on to reveal that he is no longer attracted to men, he's now into women and the church erupts into a thunderous celebration. Admit it- you laughed.  Most of us did.  And made a meme or two.  But is there more to this story?

Andrew posted a statement about the video on Facebook, revealing that he was molested as a child, believes he actually enjoyed it at the time, and has "struggled" with his sexuality for many years.

My name is Andrew Caldwell. I appeared on a video at the recent Church of God In Christ International Convocation in St Louis. On that video I gave a testimony of deliverance from homosexuality. As a child, I was raped by a member of my own family. At that time I did not think of it as abuse. I kind of enjoyed it. I kept it to myself, not realizing how it had changed me. Growing up wasn't a pleasant experience. I was harassed, heckled, and ridiculed by classmates. Many told me that I would never amount to anything. This gave me the motivation to try to prove them wrong. Being fairly attractive as a young man, it was not difficult for me to get involved with other men. I have dated athletes, ministers, and celebrities. As time passed I got tired of this way of living. I always attended church. But I always found the same things in church that I found in the world. After joining my present church, it came to me that this lifestyle was not right. It seemed that the more I tried to quit on my own, the more intense was the temptation. All last week I fasted and prayed. On this past Saturday at the Convocation, there was an alter call. I came forward and offered my testimony. It was unscripted. Not only do I hope for my own deliverance but for the deliverance of others who may be struggling with their own issues. To my doubting detractors, I pray for you. To my supporters, I am grateful for your support and prayers

While some cynics would question whether this incident was staged, or wonder why the official COGIC logo is on the otherwise "spontaneous" video, this we did some browsing and learned this Andrew Caldwel cast is interesting, to say the least.  He recently sat for a Blog Radio interview that raised more questions than answers.

Here's a brief rundown:

He revealed that he’s been “gay” since the age of 7, but now, “I am truly delivered. I was delivered for a year. The Lord gave me a vision that if you continue to walk in this (homosexuality)…I was gonna die in a heart attack. I said LORD, I’m not ready to die.“

On his former lifestyle:
"I have not lied, I have not fornicated I have not slept with a man in a year since I have been delivered. I have no taste for a man. I have a taste for woman."

His advice to gays:
“God can deliver…but you have to want to be delivered. And then, it’s gonna take process.”

On his change from being a gay man to "liking women"
"I don’t hang out the places I used to go, I don’t do the things I used to do, I don’t say the things I used to say. I don’t buy the things I used to buy."

His hopes for the future
"I hope this video does get out…it can change a lives."

On the viral video:
It was not planned. He says he does not know who taped the video.

On response to the video:
He says he’s getting inbox messages from people who want to be delivered from homosexuality, and they're reaching out for help.

On people who criticize:
“Everybody has a past, but my future is my present. I don’t look back on my past,

Plans for the future:
"One day…I believe one day someone is gonna sponsor me so I can have a conference and fill that place up and hear everyone's story."

SIDEBAR:  Since the clip went viral, Andrew's ALLEGE mugshot (allegedly arrested for insurance fraud) has emerged.  We've also learned that he has a "few" books that he's written and is more than happy to promote with his newfound fame.

During another interview below, at the (1:21:16) mark, the radio host comments on the fact that Andrew could potentially make a lot of money from his "story" and the conferences that could be marketed around homosexuality conversion and deliverance.  This makes us wonder, is this a big scheme?  We don't have the answers. 

LISTEN: 

Check Out Religion Podcasts at Blog Talk Radio with churchfolk on BlogTalkRadio with Church Folk Revolution Radio on BlogTalkRadio

You decide....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers