3/19/14

The Daily Buzz for March 20



Keyshia Cole's "Rick James" Cover Art
Keyshia Cole dropped two cover art photos for her new single "Rick James."  Keyshia announced the song's debut on Instagram saying "Tune into dj envy & The breakfast club this weds to hear my new single on iheartradio.com." 
In the photos, she's rocking shoes form her Steve Madden collection.



Nicole Richie Talks Fashion & Clothing Line In Philadelphia Style Spring 2014
Taking time away from caring for her family and designing fabulous clothes, Nicole Richie fronts the Spring 2014 issue of Philadelphia Style
During her interview with British supermodel Rosie Huntington Whiteley, the 32-year-old designer opened up about everything from her exciting clothing line to her daughter Harlow's interest in fashion.

Check out a few highlights from Miss Richie's interview below. For more, be sure to visit Philadelphia Style!

On her collection with QVC:
"QVC is nuts. It’s so big that every time I go to the headquarters in West Chester, I think it’s like Jurassic Park, only without the dinosaurs. QVC is just so in tune with its customers, and it’s something totally different than House of Harlow in that respect. When you go in there as a designer, you have to focus on who their customer is. Things like what their needs are, what fabrics they’re drawn to, their likes and dislikes, down to what’s their climate. It’s just a totally different world for me."

On her love for fashion:
"I’ve always been someone who’s extremely relaxed in my everyday life. I’m not the girl who can wear awful seven-inch heels all night. I keep it simple—I consider myself to be a jeans and T-shirt kind of girl who just accessorizes a lot. But I try to focus less on the actual items and more on the way they make me feel. I like color around my face because it does something to me emotionally. I don’t like to wear black because it brings me down."

On Harlow:
"She’s more of an artist. She’s into playing with makeup; she loves doing her hair and putting outfits together. She’s just so feminine—and way more girlie than me."

On her decision to be a designer:
"Once I really started understanding my own style, I realized how much I loved costume jewelry. I’m talking the Gucci and YSLs from the ’70s, pieces I relate to and love wearing. So I met with my now-partner Pasquale, and in 2009 we started House of Harlow 1960. He really let me have the freedom to take the reigns with the jewelry, which came naturally to me. Since I obviously didn’t go to design school, I wanted to start small and get to know the business before I expanded it. I then found my other partner, launched a ready-to-wear footwear line, and expanded again. I’ve been going very slowly."



Pharrell Shouts out Grandmother Battling Cancer on Instagram
Pharrell is that guy, Betty Simpson who is eighty years old and battling cancer has become an Instagram darling  after her great-grandson Zack Belden created the account for her in order for people to show her some love during her battle.

 “He loves me so much, that’s why he did it,” Simpson said of her great-grandson. “He doesn’t want to lose me and he’s just good to me.”
Already two months into her account, Simpson already hit celeb status and has reached over 169,000 followers and counting. Even mega producer/singer/songwriter Pharrell showed her love after Grandma Betty did a “Happy” dance for followers to see.

WATCH:

Awwww, this is Beautiful and I am praying for GrandMa Betty…Follow her on IG here



Ex- Couple Diddy & J.Lo Battle Over Fuse Cable Channel Purchase
Business over boys and broads, folks! Ex-couple, Jennifer Lopez (affectionately called J.Lo) and Sean Combs (affectionately called ‘Diddy’) are duking it out in business. According to Bloomberg, both entrepreneurs are competing for Madison Square Garden Co.’s Fuse TV.

Here’s what we know thus far–Reportedly, NuvoTV (they’re an English-language cable channel for Latinos backed by J.Lo) made an offer for the cable channel including cash and equity valued at more than $200 million. Diddy has offered to buy the channel for about $200 million.
What makes this story interesting is that both Diddy and J.Lo were, at one point, an ‘IT’ couple in both Hollywood and Hip Hop. They dated from 1999 — 2001. Anywho, each want to buy Fuse to gain distribution to 74 million homes. NuvoTV, based in Los Angeles, reaches about 34 million households through pay-TV operated by Dish Network Corp. (DISH), Time Warner Cable Inc. (TWC) and AT&T Inc. (T).

J.Lo, who holds a minority stake in NuvoTV, is the chief creative officer there and contributes programming through her Nuyorican Productions. The 44-year-old singer, actress and “American Idol” judge also advises the network on strategy and marketing.

If successful on Diddy’s end, he would convert Fuse TV into his Revolt TV cable channel to gain higher subscription fees and wider distribution. Reportedly, Billionaire Ron Burkle is backing Diddy’s bid for Fuse. Burkle’s past investments with Diddy including a $100 million investment in his Sean John clothing line, Women’s Wear Daily in 2003.
Reportedly, The Dolan family, which spun Madison Square Garden off from Cablevision Systems Corp. four years ago, has about $400 million for Fuse. Various reports suggest the winner will be selected by the end of the month.



LaLa Anthony, Carmelo Anthony, Monica, Shannon Brown & More Attend 5th & Mercer's First Pop Up Shop
Fab chic LaLa Anthony opened her first pop-up shop for her 5th & Mercer clothing line, which is now debuting new and exclusive pieces.
LaLa’s hubby Carmelo Anthony, bestie Monica Brown, Monica's husband Shannon Brown, "Notorious" actress Naturi Naughton, Po, Dice, her family and more all came out to support.

The Anthony's snapped a cute family photo.
LaLa's good friend Monica Brown was there looking golden and showing support.
And Monica's husband, Shannon Brown, was there too.
Kiyan was there along with La's mom Carmen.
Dice was there along with her lady friend.  Mmhmm. We see Dice changed it up a bit rockin’ a new haircut.
Actress Naturi Naughton was there for support rocking a metallic look for the night.
LaLa’s homie Charlamagne was there to support his long-time friend.
And of course La's childhood friend Po was there.
The event was a total success with all the items in the shop being sold out; including her new book “The Love Playbook”
Fab times and congrats La!



Lamar Odom Quits The Spanish League Due to Back Injury
After signing a short term contract with the Spanish League to make a possible comeback in the states, Lamar Odom is officially done and we probably won’t ever see a comeback.
After less than two weeks and only 22 minutes of play Lamar Odom officially quit the Spanish league after suffering a lower back injury. In a televised press conference Lamar Odom thanked the Baskonia basketball organization and said he believes everything happens for a reason.

Hopefully he was smart with his money, maybe he can open up a chain of IHOPS or Laundromats somewhere… Get those extra coins….



Actress Tamala Jones Explains Why She Blasted Porsha Stewart Over Boyfriend: She Was LYING!
Actress Tamala Jones is taking some heat after politely checking Real Housewives of Atlanta’s Porsha Williams over her boyfriend, Teodoro Nguema Obiang Mangue. Last week, we reported that Porsha was dating the wealthy, African business man. And after news hit, Tamala left a not-so-nice comment on Porsha’s Instagram page, sharing that she was actually the girlfriend of Teodoro, not Porsha. Fast forward to the present day and Tamala’s comments to both Porsha and claims about her boyfriend’s father are putting the actress in the spotlight.

After being attacked on Twitter about her boyfriend’s finances and alleged corruption in  his native Equatorial Guinea (a small country located in Central Africa) Tamala wrote:

I don’t care about money…I care about people. Who I date is irrelevant, what I do is. Equatorial Guinea has had a bad rep 4 too long .. I spend time there donating to the 1st ladies school 4 children .. I’m also planning to build a women’s & children health center .. Nobody ever shows the positive .. This country is beautiful & the people are not starving, their public housing is better than some peoples homes in the US .. I wish people would go see things for themselves instead of reading bs!!

She continued

I came at Porsha to prove she lying … They don’t need anymore heat on how the countries money is spent, especially when someone is lying about it .. I wrote to you because you stood up for me & thank you for that. Bod bless you.

Porsha last commented:

The TMZ report is completely false! I do not know Teodoro Nguema Obiang Mangue, nor have I ever dated him. When there is someone special in my life whom I wish to share I will let you all know. It has been rumored that I am dating many people. I am not focused on dating at the moment..

There ya have it!






Sir Elton John Wants to Work With Kanye West on New Project, Sings His Praises
Kanye West must be doing something right to keep getting praises from Legends in the game, case and point Elton John… Elton is dropping a new album called The Diving Board and he wants to incorporate some Hip Hop  beats, he had a session with eminem back in 2006, but that had to be cancelled due to Eminem losing his best friend Proof then..

Kanye West sampled Elton’s “Someone Saved My Life Tonight” on his 2007 song “Good Morning,” and three years later he invited him to his Hawaii studio to play piano and sing on “All of the Lights.”   Elton is now ready to make that move and he is thinking of asking Kanye to help him check out some excerpts of his interview giving praise to Yeezus…..

We spoke in 2006 and you told me you wanted to incorporate hip-hop into your music. Are you still thinking about that?

I’d love to. I just don’t know how to do it. I do love electronica. So, for me, I’d have to work with someone who knows about it, like a Pharrell or a Kanye, who I respect tremendously. I’d love to do that. It’s just a matter of when and where and, should I do it, the mood that I’m in. You can never tell. It’s happenstance and luck, basically.

You’ve said in the past that you only want to work with T-Bone Burnett on your albums. Is that still the case?

Yeah, when I make Elton John records. I like to do things outside of the Elton John genre. Doing other things is a challenge and a learning experience. Playing and singing on “All of the Lights” with Kanye, playing with Queens of the Stone Age, the Fall Out Boy record, they’re all different kinds of music. And they were a challenge for me, so I loved it. It’s also outside of what I do, so I learn something from that.

You never can knock anybody else’s type of music until you try it. I could never do a rap record because I wouldn’t know where to start. You can learn so much from working with somebody that does. In the studio with Kanye, when I was doing that in Honolulu, he was just on fire. It was amazing to watch. You knew you were in the presence of greatness. I knew once I heard four or five tracks from that in the studio, I knew it was going to be a motherfucker of a record.

He’s in a similar place to you in the early 1970s where everything he does just works, and it’s all very different from each other.
Yeah. 808s & Heartbreak came out of left field and just blew my mind. I was like, “What?” And then each album he does is a little different. With us, Elton John was different than Tumbleweed Connection and Madman Across the Water was different from Goodbye Yellow Brick Road. We tried to change with each record. When I did Rock of the Westies, it was a heavier sound. Then I did Blue Moves, which was probably my most sophisticated record. But, yeah, I love Kanye because he’s not afraid of taking a chance and pushing barriers. Working with people like that is something that I really enjoy.




ORIGINAL "RHOA" Stars Kim Zolciak & Sheree Whitfield On "WWHL" DISHING On She By Sheree, NeNe Leakes & Kenya Moore
Sheree Whitfield and Kim Zolciak appeared on "WWHL" last night to catch up with Andy Cohen and share their thoughts on the current season.  See clips inside....

Sheree Whitfield and Kim Zolciak returned to Bravo last night where they chatted with Andy on"WWHL" and dished on the current season of "RHOA."  Although Sheree's "Who Gon Check Me Boo" days are long behind her, she told fans that she's still selling "She By Sheree" t-shirts and recently shot a fitness DVD.  
Kim told Andy that she and Nene are in a good place and she's finally done having children.  Also...Nene called into the broadcast to discuss "DWTS" and say hello.



AND FINALLY FROM “THE CRAZY PEOPLE SHOPPING AT WALMART” FILES
‘CUSHIONY PILLOWS’
Some guys like that cushion for the pushin’. I’m not judging…well technically that’s all I do is judge, but whatever. All I’m saying is do you big booty lovers enjoy those see-through gems or those flaky bottom biscuits?



HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!
EFREM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers