3/24/14

Gospel Artist Tye Tribbett gives his 2 cents on Homosexuality!



Tye Tribbett gives his 2 cents on Homosexuality!
Gospel artist Tye Tribbett believes that he can reach more people through love than hate and that’s something he hopes Christian leaders remember when it comes to bringing correction to their followers’ lives.

“I just think their approach is militant, and I think a lot of times when your sin is not somebody else’s sin, it’s so much easier to condemn,” Tye told Sister 2 Sister in reference to how pastors deal with congregants who are struggling with same-sex attraction. “It makes you feel better about your dysfunctions when another person’s dysfunctions are seemingly worse.”

Though he said a lot of churches aren’t as condemning as they used to be, Tye spoke to S2S Publisher Jamie Foster Brown about the controversial issue and whether it’s God’s best for His people.

Here are sme excerpts

S2S: I think we keep ourselves so contained within this box, and especially religion does. Plus, with homosexuality, quite frankly, I just think it’s a natural thing for them, because I don’t think anybody, especially in the past, would want to come here and be condemned. Nobody wants that. People want to be naturally accepted. Do you understand what I’m saying?
Tye: Yeah, I definitely understand. Well, I want to respond to that: There are lots of things that are natural to us that may not be God’s best for us. That’s my only thing. I’m not saying that homosexuality is not natural. I agree with you that it is. There are several things that come naturally that’s not God’s best. Children 2 years old, “Did you eat that cookie?” “No.” Lying came naturally to them.

S2S: Right.
Tye: Nobody taught that kid how to lie. It came in the flesh package, but that’s not God’s best. There are certain things that can trigger the not-so-great natural in all of us. But is it God’s will or God’s best for us, period? And I don’t condemn homosexuality, but I don’t believe it’s God’s best for our lifestyle, according to the Bible.

And Just saying Tye according to The Bible you committing adultery is not God’s best neither…..right?

Pick up the latest copy of Sister 2 Sister Mag to get the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers