6/27/13

Uh Oh? More BAD NEWS for Chris Brown!



Chris Brown Charged With Hit-And-Run
Chris Brown has been charged with criminal hit-and-run. According to TMZ, an L.A. City Attorney has filed 2 criminal charges against Chris, in connection with a minor traffic accident he was involved in last month.

The 24-year-old singer rear-ended a Mercedes, and allegedly refused to disclose his driver’s license number, and gave bogus insurance information before leaving the scene. In addition to being charged with hit-and-run, the City Attorney  is charging Chris for leaving the scene without exchanging proper information. He’s also been charged with the crime of driving without a valid license. Each offense is punishable by a maximum of 6 months in jail.

TMZ has also learned that the City Attorney will refer the matter to the L.A. County  D.A. for a possible probation violation in Chris’ Rihanna assault case. If by chance the judge in that case determines he broke the law (a violation of his probation), he could be sentenced to 4 years in prison.

Well, Chris has since took to Twitter, shooting down the claims. He says that he actually took a pic of the other driver’s car, as well as exchanged info:

It’s not a hit and run if u get out the car, exchange information (who has NO DAMAGE to either cars).This is really ridiculous
My profile pic is the pic I took of the  persons car after “the hit and run”. NO damage. Just a dirty car.once again, I gotta clear my name
He says that he has a valid drivers license, gave the lady the correct information, and added that she was looking for a payday from Chris Brown:

I have a valid drivers license and I gave the woman the right info. She saw cameras and wanted to make a scene.
She contacted the cops thinking of a payday from Chris Brown when I followed the proper procedures.
He continued; I work my a– off to provide for my entire family. I’ve made mistakes in the past and have worked hard to be a better person… 19-24 years of age. I don’t have all the answers and you can’t show me a person that age who has it figured out.We live and grow.Let me live”

According to  reports, Chris was not only charged with hit-and-run, but driving without a valid license as well – and each crime is punishable by a maximum of 6 months in jail. And it was also stated that the matter was being referred to the D.A. for a possible probation violation in Chris’ Rihanna assault case – which could potentially lead to fours in prison, if the judge determines he broke the law.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers